Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E20: Controversies & Legacies

• Start Topic

19 hours ago, OnceSane said:

Kim decides to have a third child; Kendall fears backlash from supporting gun control; Kris gets emotional about her mother.

Kendall is afraid she'll piss off Caitlyn.

• Love 3

As someone who is infertile I really appreciate that the show/Kim keeps talking about infertility and high risk pregnancies. I don't even care if tonight's visit to the doctors was just a plot point. I want it to be in people's face and normalize it. Families shouldn't hide it as a shameful thing. 

I think if I was Kim and Kanye though I would make sure this surrogacy was on the tightest level of lawyer control possible. 

• Love 3

When they were in the restaurant, Kendall & Khloe were the only people there. They aren't even trying to make things looks real. And somebody PLEASE tell Khloe she's a grown woman & the little girl hairstyles look ridiculous.

MJ: “We were only married 2 months, less than Kimmy!” LOL

• Love 7

The new milestone in marriage!!

No Kylie at that dinner for gun control? 

Kris has had lots of work done in her face.

Kim admitting she has more embryos was interesting. She didn't seem pleased that Kanye offered one to Khloe!!

Having a baby by surrogate and hiding it from the public for a year? That might make the kid feel "different" from the ones you gave birth to.

Since when is asking your grandmother how many people she's slept with an appropriate question? 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Zerographic said:

As someone who is infertile I really appreciate that the show/Kim keeps talking about infertility and high risk pregnancies. I don't even care if tonight's visit to the doctors was just a plot point. I want it to be in people's face and normalize it. Families shouldn't hide it as a shameful thing. 

I think if I was Kim and Kanye though I would make sure this surrogacy was on the tightest level of lawyer control possible. 

I do not believe Kimmy has any problems with pregnancy or infertility, however. Just like her forgotten eczema.

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Zerographic said:

Between that discussion and the lunch with the families at "Everytown for Gun Safety," I was thinking that THESE are the types of shows the Kardashians should've done far more often.  Kendall was 100% right - she and her family should be using their "fame" (ill-begotten as it is), to bring awareness to issues that they believe in.  We used to see it briefly off and on - there was an episode long ago where Kim and her siblings bought new furniture for a family affected by a hurricane, and I recall Khloe visiting and helping at a woman's shelter.  These types of episodes would make this family easier to deal with.  If they acknowledge that they have the resources to make a difference and then do so, a least they'd be using their fame for some good.

But it's far too little, far too late.  They can't sit around a table and discuss topical issues and expect that their fanbase is going to take them seriously...because in between anything somewhat relevant, we are going to be shown vapid crap filler like Scott doing water aerobics with a bunch of older women, Khloe pumping even more plastic into her various body parts, lots and lots of salad-eating, and social media ads for Fit Tea.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Zerographic said:

I'm liking this new look on the Kardashians of tackling real life issues on their shows (even if they wrap it up in one episode), however they seem to go out of their way to be as ignorant as possible about these issues and film their ignorance without any self awareness.  I would think they know plenty of SoCal wealthy women who have used surrogates, so Kris concluding they are all crazy baby stealers or Kim not understanding how one could be pregnant with someone else's kid and still love/parent your own kids...eesh.

• Love 3

Yeah I actually thought that legacy interview was a nice idea until that question. These people are shameless.

The only reason I really do think Kim had at least some pregnancy issues was because of the very visible excessive water gain she had when pregnant with North. I don't remember her looking as bad with Saint but her first pregnancy there were times I thought her water buildup looked dangerous.

• Love 2

I wish I could like the real life issues this show is dealing with but I can't. Maybe I'm cynical but I mean... they are always filming so I wonder if they randomly piece together footage to how they can spin it for what's going on in their lives in real time.

• Love 2

I wish I could like the real life issues this show is dealing with but I can't. Maybe I'm cynical but I mean... they are always filming so I wonder if they randomly piece together footage to how they can spin it for what's going on in their lives in real time.

I have wondered this too, but I don't think the show has the budget to film a ton of extra scenes. I think the storylines about anxiety and gun violence were probably born from Kendall's stalking incident this summer. I think Kris also had someone hack into her email and impersonate her.

I don't think they are always filming. Crews are expensive and unionized so they are not working more than 40 hour weeks. It takes way longer to set up a scene than it takes to film it, I'd be surprised if they film more than a few scenes a day when the show is in production.

• Love 1

Usually I'm pretty chill towards Kendall, we're not that far off in age and I can understand a lot of her struggles from being raised in a family like the Kardashians. In the last episode however, I got a bit pissed off for the first time with how she acted at the luncheon thing.

I think the Kardashian's were trying to frame it as a "Kendall is still not sure if she wants to commit to this or not, so when she turns up it's such a huge achievement and we're all very proud!"

She was late.

There's no dramatic reason behind it, she was just late. Some poor woman was in the middle of talking about how someone she loved had been killed, and Kendall rocks up in a skin tight, partially see through dress (there are other pictures in these forums) because for some reason she thought that would be appropriate; apologizing for being late as we get a close up of her beaming sister's faces.

...how is that not disrespectful? 

I'm all for the free the nipple movement, but if I was asked to talk about the death of someone I loved while trying not to make eye contact with Kendall's nipples as she sat with a sympathetic look on her face, I'd be pretty pissed off.

Also, this is a slightly irrelevant side note, are we ever going to hear about Lamar again? Or has that story line been dropped?

• Love 13
8 hours ago, CharlieKayi said:

Usually I'm pretty chill towards Kendall, we're not that far off in age and I can understand a lot of her struggles from being raised in a family like the Kardashians. In the last episode however, I got a bit pissed off for the first time with how she acted at the luncheon thing.

I think the Kardashian's were trying to frame it as a "Kendall is still not sure if she wants to commit to this or not, so when she turns up it's such a huge achievement and we're all very proud!"

She was late.

There's no dramatic reason behind it, she was just late. Some poor woman was in the middle of talking about how someone she loved had been killed, and Kendall rocks up in a skin tight, partially see through dress (there are other pictures in these forums) because for some reason she thought that would be appropriate; apologizing for being late as we get a close up of her beaming sister's faces.

...how is that not disrespectful? 

I'm all for the free the nipple movement, but if I was asked to talk about the death of someone I loved while trying not to make eye contact with Kendall's nipples as she sat with a sympathetic look on her face, I'd be pretty pissed off.

Also, this is a slightly irrelevant side note, are we ever going to hear about Lamar again? Or has that story line been dropped?

They've soaked every drop out of the Lamar story. I'm sure he got a nice big fat check to participate and keep the secrets. When and or if he goes off the rails again, or tragedy strikes, they'll resurrect the storyline and squeeze some more attention from it.

What exactly are the Kardashian sisters doing for gun control? I have not seen a PSA from them or heard it even mentioned except as fodder for this show. I really don't see it as anything more than a chance for all of them to get dressed to the nines, full glam and do the pap strut into the restaurant. Then they listen sympathetically, with serious duck lipped faces and nodding heads and then it's selfie time with their new fans. 

Fortunately my family hasn't been directly affected by gun violence, but if it were, having lunch with this klan and letting my heartbreak be used for a feel good moment for them isn't something I'd be interested in. 

I'd like to think that even 30 minutes after that lunch they even remembered one victims name, but I betting they were already moving on to a riveting scene debating which color nail polish is best for everyday wear.

• Love 4
On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 8:20 AM, iwasish said:

What exactly are the Kardashian sisters doing for gun control? I have not seen a PSA from them or heard it even mentioned except as fodder for this show.

Kim has sent a few tweets after some of the high profile shootings in the past year or so.  Their involvement with anything other than themselves and $$ is probably at Kanye's urging. 

1.2M viewers for this episode, a little more than last episode.  Surprising that many people were gullible enough to believe Kim would ever consider using a surrogate.  According to NY magazine's recap, the scenes with Kim and the 2 OBGYNs were filmed on the same day.

• Love 1