Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: Westport Zombies

I loved Katie kicking the zombie in the head when it tried to interrupt her moment with her daughter, and then we hear the off-scream zombie saying "that lady kicked me in the head!"  

• Love 8

Totally agree MaryMitch, I've enjoyed Mixon for years and same here. 

Perhaps we could go to an "All Episodes Discussion" type thread since there seem to be so few posters and then we don't have to worry about starting a new thread every week? 

• Love 1

I love when she opens the freezer and says "I told you to hide the candy, not make it more delicious!" 

I thought the very end was sweet with the younger daughter not wanting to wash her zombie face and the dad counting to 3 in zombie grunts. 

I'm slowly warming up to this show. Slowly. Very slowly. 

• Love 6

I am liking this show. I laughed out loud at the line about finding Raisinets in the bag of candy. I absolutely despise raisins, and there is nothing worse than thinking you're biting into a chocolate chip cookie only to find that it's oatmeal raisin. The horror!

I'm glad they made the oldest daughter a nice person who is hanging out with Viv because she feels bad for her since she has no friends, wretched stepkids, and an absentee husband. And as a mom it really does warm your heart to learn about your kids being nice people. It makes you feel like you're doing something at least a little bit right.

I also thought the end was very sweet.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, juliet73 said:

I thought the very end was sweet with the younger daughter not wanting to wash her zombie face and the dad counting to 3 in zombie grunts. 

I loved that.

Totally did not see it coming that the older daughter was compassionate about the neighbor, not smitten with her, and that she actually does respect and appreciate her own mother.

Ye gods, I'm becoming such a sap. But there it is.

• Love 5

I had this on as background as the show overall was already headed to the dumpster for me.  The only time I laughed was the overly contrived older daughter being so compassionate for the neighbor yet is the typical eyerolling troll of a teenager otherwise.

Oh well.  Glad Katy is drawing a check.  But maybe the ratings will eventually dive and she can so something I can watch.  Who am I kidding.  Jim Belushi lasted how many years?  And that Tim Allen show is still on.  ABC doesn't flush its shit.

• Love 2

I've watched the first few eps and this one (3 so far?) out of boredom/not live/On Demand only because I like Dietrich Bader. I've never seen or heard of Katy Mixon on before and am not impressed. Her voice is so annoying. But from what I've been reading here she seems to be known/somewhat popular. Why? I am honestly curious.

The son is a poor rehash of Alex P, Keaton, but I do like the youngest child, despite her ridiculous name. And I like the women friends.

22 minutes ago, kat165 said:

I've watched the first few eps and this one (3 so far?) out of boredom/not live/On Demand only because I like Dietrich Bader. I've never seen or heard of Katy Mixon on before and am not impressed. Her voice is so annoying. But from what I've been reading here she seems to be known/somewhat popular. Why? I am honestly curious.

Me too.  I liked her character better on "Mike and Molly" than here.  I could see her talent used better elsewhere.

This show is beginning to remind me of "I Love Lucy" when they and the Mertz's moved to Westport and shocked the quaint but stiff town locals with their zany madcap behavior.

Edited by Snarklepuss

Hi, Snarklepuss, I've not watched Mike & Molly so maybe I would have liked her better on that show? I've been watcing a lot of not very good to middling sitcoms lately. Like Matt LeBlanc's new show, because I like him. Or  Speechless, John Bowie Ross's new show (Kripke on Big Bang) because I like him. So I've been watching these shows mostly for 1 particular actor, but I'm not sure I'm going to stick with any of them.

Edited by kat165

I thought this episode was an improvement too. I laughed out loud at her kicking the zombie in the head while on the rope thing with her daughter. The weak link for me is the son. He's sooooo unrealistic. Sure, they could have a serious Republican tween if they want, but no kid talks like that all the time. None.

• Love 4
On 10/27/2016 at 10:30 PM, kat165 said:

I don't think there is really a compelling answer here.  Much like you like Dietrich Bader, I like Katy Mixon.  It's simply a matter of taste in comedic performances and exposure to a particular person. So far, I still thoroughly enjoy Katy and I'm amused enough with this show overall to continue watching.  Nothing deeper than that.

Edited by pennben
  • Love 8

I am a fan of Katy Mixon but, man oh man, I am sooo over the mean, offensive bratty kid thing we need a new word for over.  Just when I had had enough of the teenage daughter's excessive, inexplicable meanness toward her mother for an extended period of time, the daughter physically grabbed her mother's face, including her eye, and squeezed.  That was a whole new level of disrespect.  I wanted to smack that fucking brat.  The obnoxious bratty son is no better.  The only reason I continued to watch the episode is because I wanted to see the payoff for this horrifying behavior (although knowing there could not be anything to redeem that).  And, seriously?  The daughter couldn't perform an act of kindness toward a lonely neighbor without being an absolute fucking monster to her own sweet and loving Mom?  I hope this crap is cancelled soon so that Katy Mixon can move on to something worthy of her talent.