Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Bedside Manner

MyAimIsTrue
  • Start Topic

Bull must find a way to reverse the negative effect his egomaniacal client, a surgeon with a God complex being sued for malpractice, has on the jury. Also, Bull hires Liberty Davis, a previous client’s attorney, when he decides Benny may not be sympathetic enough to the jurors.

[10/31/16 - 06:00 PM]
CBS Programming Advisory for Tuesday, Nov. 1
The network will opt for repeats of "NCIS," "Bull" and "NCIS: New Orleans" against Game 6 of the World Series on FOX.

[via press release from CBS]

CBS PROGRAMMING ADVISORY FOR TUESDAY, NOV. 1

The following rebroadcasts of NCIS, BULL and NCIS: NEW ORLEANS replace the original episodes previously scheduled for Tuesday, Nov. 1:

8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT NCIS "Scope" (OAD 3/15/16)

9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT BULL "The Woman in 8D" (OAD 9/27/16)

10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT NCIS: NEW ORLEANS "Billy & the Kid" (OAD 11/24/15)

The Futon Critic

Edited by Ohmo

Look, I know this is fiction. I know Bull is the good guy. And I know Juror # 6 was being bribed, but what Bull did was ILLEGAL. And unethical. If caught -- forget about any jail time or fine -- his career would be over. Jury tampering. I can hand-wave some things, but not this. 

Edited by JackONeill
  • Love 6

I see they have switched to using the Bronx Supreme Court, instead of the Manhattan one.  I guess Manhattan got too expensive or logistically impossible. From 1997-2000 I worked in the Manhattan courthouse area, particularly Surrogate's Court.  This was used by Law and Order all the freaking time, both interiors and the side exterior was the precinct entrance.

• Love 1

I wondered why the neighborhood surrounding Manhattan Supreme Court building looked so different lol!

I mostly liked this episode. I understood the plaintiff's concern about the surgeon not comforting her afterward. We all want our doctors to visit post op and tell us what happened/how it went. But surgeons do have God complexes and most don't have good bedside manners. I didn't like the way she was wailing about being 'butchered' or 'mangled.' He performed an emergency hysterectomy that saved her life. So she can't have children. there was never any guarantee that she would be able to conceive after having the fibroids removed either. I just had a hysterectomy last year because of uterine fibroids. I'm older and didn't want kids anyway, but from everything I read before proceeding, there aren't many other options for treating them.

• Love 7

I thought the episode was pretty decent, aside from breaking in the hospital room with the special equipment. It seemed almost comedic -- which maybe that's what they were going for -- but it seemed out of place.

• Love 2

My first impression was why an MD as arrogant as he would go to a jury consultant in the first place?  I realize his ex convinced him, but I would expect him to shove everyone away and think that he could rely solely on "the facts" to win his case.  My second thought was why didn't she also sue the hospital and the manufacturer of the Atticus machine in the first place.  An attorney would have her include as many defendants as possible, just to up the chance of some settlements.  I guess not doing that made it easier for Bull to look at himself in the mirror because he offered to help her sue the Atticus company.

I do hope that Bull charged him triple the normal rate so he could pay off the pro bono cases.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

I do hope that Bull charged him triple the normal rate so he could pay off the pro bono cases.

Heh. This was the first episode where it seemed like there was a client who could actually pay the huge fees they must have to charge. I also thought that if he took the case of the woman who sued the doctor, if she decided to sue the company that made the robotic arm (or whatever it was), it could be on contingency and he could get a share of the punitive damages. This show is OK, but clearly it's an expensive operation. I keep wondering how the hell they make any money and stay in business. Or maybe Bull is independently wealthy?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 11/16/2016 at 5:32 AM, JackONeill said:

And I know Juror # 6 was being bribed, but what Bull did was ILLEGAL. And unethical. If caught -- forget about any jail time or fine -- his career would be over. Jury tampering. I can hand-wave some things, but not this. 

Yep, I can not believe that 1)they could hack into the elevator and 2)thought it was a good idea.  After the last ep where their person was posing as a waitress to eavesdrop on the jury.  I'm also willing to hand-wave a lot, but this was over the line.

On 11/17/2016 at 1:29 PM, Sake614 said:

I just had a hysterectomy last year because of uterine fibroids. I'm older and didn't want kids anyway, but from everything I read before proceeding, there aren't many other options for treating them.

I thought I had them, turns out it was a cancer, but when we thought it was fibroids I did lots of research as well, and there really aren't good options.  I was leaning towards the hysterectomy even before the biopsy.  I knew I wasn't going to have kids, but still.  And then for the woman to tell the plaintiff that she was adopted and it was a good option, really!?  Like she hadn't thought of it before?

yeah I know many women want their own biological children, and I'm sure it's a disappointment when they're told it isn't possible. I'm equally sure there's an adjustment period. But to act like there's absolutely no option if you can't give birth is crazy.

• Love 1

I had to have a hysterectomy because my fibroids were too big. Turns out when they did the operation they found an extra one as well. Shouldn't she have been told that might have been a possibility or were they so damn sure their machine was perfect.

Unlike everyone else here, I actually like Marisa and I liked seeing this side of her.