Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E17: Puppet Strings And Tamra's Wings

• Start Topic

I was recruited by an insurer who sold that type of policy, forgot what they were called.  I think you have to get the policy prior to a diagnosis, however.   It's sort of like trying to buy auto insurance after an accident.  

Oh poop.  Humana sells them.  They're basically that-cancer insurance.  

Edited by Mu Shu
  • Love 1
22 hours ago, WireWrap said:

The only thing I can think of is an insurance that pays your bills until you are able to return to work but do they offer that for illness like they do for injury?

I had an Aflac policy a long time ago that did that and if I remember correctly you got certain lump sums depending on diagnosis.  I can't remember if it was specifically for cancer or for other illnesses too.  You also got money for having certain preventative maintenance done like pap smears.  I also had an injury policy through them.  I was always too lazy to do all the paperwork to get money so I cancelled both plans.

• Love 1

Vicki's Vicki, she hasn't changed in eleven seasons.  While last season's debacle with he who shall not be named was a definite low point, she is the only OG.

I can't blame her for telling Kelly OFF-CAMERA stuff about the other women.  It's something many do in social groups like this, especially if they're on the outs with some of the women, like Vicki was for most of this season.  All of the other women are just as guilty of this, they all talk about each other.  Tamra is the biggest gossip there is.  Vicki just chose a poor person to confide in.  Instead of using the info to her advantage, Kelly blurted out "Vicki told me blah blah blah". That was weak sauce.  Kelly is not someone I'd pick as a ally.

I hope Jeanna gets a phone call, I'd love to see a proper take down of coven.

Edited by snarts
clarity
  • Love 1

I am crying laughing right now because I sincerely thought that Kelly's chest was bare when she was talking to Vicki in her bedroom.  She was just wearing an AC Slater style nude colored shirt. 

Also, Kelly's imagery of the puppet vs puppet master - her husband had the same look on his face that Nick Lachey did when Jessica Simpson pulled the 'chicken of the sea' line. 

• Love 2

They are all fucking gross.

Kelly: hot mess and I would probably be hiding behind house plants to avoid her after a few days of international travel. 

Vicki: needs attention so badly and does not give even the smallest fuck if it is good or bad attention.

Heather: just can't resist being in charge of everyone's behavior. She should have been telling Shannon to stop in the bus, but instead she just egged her on and tried to dictate whose side everyone should be on.

Tamara: is a total sociopath and actually ran into a store to hit someone because she said something nasty about her. Are you fucking kidding me? 

Shannon: that little white knuckle Pollyanna can sit the fuck down as far as I'm concerned. She put the whole debacle into motion by repeatedly trying to get Kelley to drink (which I'm not sure Kelley actually did) and then getting so drunk with Vicki and Tamara they all started a 3am fight about who talked shit about who in a hotel room like a bunch of dumb school girls on their senior trip to Cancun. You don't like how it turned out? Too fucking bad. Just like you don't like how spending a solid year talking shit about your marriage turned out? Too fucking bad. And I don't think Vicki lied. I think she did tell Vicki David hit her.

Meghan: at least she was only stupid. 

On 10/28/2016 at 1:53 PM, Bobcatkitten said:

To me Heather is the only one who hasn't done horrible things. I mean she's pretentious, absolutely. But she says things to people's face; doesn't spread secrets and confidences; sticks up for her friends. She has been known to apologize when she is in the wrong, is hella fun on vacations and can string together cogent thoughts together. 

Exactly. I could be friends with someone like her. She's never vicious. 

On 10/28/2016 at 2:28 PM, notnowimbusy said:

I think Heather keeps a pretty tight rein on her emotions, especially when on camera.  She let a little loose on the bus, but she's not going to go where Tamra, Vicki & Kelly go - the in your face screaming, swearing, etc.   I seriously doubt that Heather grew up in a household that allowed that kind of behavior - but Tamra for sure did, and Vicki talked about how her mom was a screamer.  

Heather is definitely one of the classier Housewives. 

On 10/27/2016 at 3:23 PM, doublek61 said:

I agree wholeheartedly.  As a woman, if I am in someone else's face (be they male or female) and/or lay a hand on them, I don't get to cry "but I'm just a girl.....how DARE a man talk to / touch a woman that way" if they respond in kind back.  Icky Vicki stood there screeching in his face and then had the audacity to say that he was a horrible man to yell at her.  Well.....perhaps if you hadn't yelled at him, he wouldn't have yelled back!

100%. It's always the most aggressive women who pull the "just a girl" card. 

• Like 1