Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E01: The Day Will Come When You Won't Be

halgia
  • Start Topic

Glenn was my favorite character of any show ever and I will miss him sorely. However, last season's finale and my ability to mourn over the summer (because, let's face it, most of us were predicting his death) left me careless about the deaths in the premiere. With that being said, the sheer brutality and the noises of all things was what haunted me. I'm still sad by Glenn's and Abraham's deaths but it could've been so much more if that had been the finale, as previous posters said.

I will say, though, that I can't blame Daryl for Glenn dying as other people have. What I'm more confused about is how he was sitting there with his arm shot, weak and sweaty and all that but he was able to move fast enough to sock Negan before anyone could do anything. 

On 10/27/2016 at 10:45 AM, Juliegirlj said:

Jeffrey Dean Morgan lost over 40 pounds for a previous role and has not put the weight back on. I read he weighs 170.

*turns slowly green*  Damn, JDM.  A cheeseburger and fries per week and I put on 5 pounds a week.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, SpaghettiTuesdays said:

I will say, though, that I can't blame Daryl for Glenn dying as other people have. What I'm more confused about is how he was sitting there with his arm shot, weak and sweaty and all that but he was able to move fast enough to sock Negan before anyone could do anything. 

Because he is DARYL!   Siiiiiiiiigggghhhh.      :)

Edited by Arnella

I don't blame Darryl at all for Glenn's death. Negan killed Glenn, not Darryl; the responsibility is Negan's alone. Negan is using the classic self-justification of abusers: "See what you made me do?"

• Love 9

Jeffrey Dean Morgan lost over 40 pounds for a previous role and has not put the weight back on. I read he weighs 170.

I've read about other actors starving themselves for roles (Hello, Christian Bale) and doing damage to their bodies. I guess if a role is worth it to them, carry on. I never saw JDM before but I couldn't help but note how thin he is. Someone needs to start force-feeding him lard or something. At 6'2" and 170lbs, he's underweight.

• Love 2
On 10/28/2016 at 6:52 PM, Constantinople said:

Yesterday I realized the fundamental problem I have with Negan and why he bores me.

Negan is Ramsay Snow.

I'm not sure I'm up for The Walking Dead - Now with Ramsay Snow!

I finally watched last week's episode and this is my problem.

But as bad as Ramsay was - it was mitigated by other story lines.  However, even with his limited time - given his cruelty and the shock of it - it felt like he owned most of S5. 

This episode was so unpleasant.  I was thankfully fully spoiled.  Even still - I ended up fast forwarding through Carl's scene.

The only reason I watched it is I love live chatting with people here.

They were smart enough to truncate the Cannibals - how could they let the story go off the rails here?  And they have a perfectly good villain in Xander Berkeley's character at the plantation.

• Love 1

The Cable Live +3 Ratings are in for "The Day Will Come When You Won't Be":

“The Walking Dead” was the biggest thing on TV in the week of Oct. 17-23, and it remains that way after three days of DVR and on-demand viewing.

The AMC hit zoomed up to a 10.3 rating in adults 18-49 and 20.793 million viewers in the Live +3 ratings, from 8.4 and 17.03 million. The show’s 18-49 gain would have ranked ninth in the rankings by itself, and the 3.76 million viewers it added would have finished 19th.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/dvr-ratings/cable-live-3-ratings-for-oct-17-23-2016/

Not that it even remotely matters, but I still haven't watched this episode, and have no plans to do so in the near future.

10 minutes ago, Raven1707 said:

The Cable Live +3 Ratings are in for "The Day Will Come When You Won't Be":

“The Walking Dead” was the biggest thing on TV in the week of Oct. 17-23, and it remains that way after three days of DVR and on-demand viewing.

The AMC hit zoomed up to a 10.3 rating in adults 18-49 and 20.793 million viewers in the Live +3 ratings, from 8.4 and 17.03 million. The show’s 18-49 gain would have ranked ninth in the rankings by itself, and the 3.76 million viewers it added would have finished 19th.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/dvr-ratings/cable-live-3-ratings-for-oct-17-23-2016/

Not that it even remotely matters, but I still haven't watched this episode, and have no plans to do so in the near future.

If you watch it, the contrast between it and episode two may make you think twice about it.   I thought it was a stupid piece of crap until I saw the next episode.   Now I get it.  If they can settle Negan down and cut the speeches, I'm onboard with seeing where they take him.   Sure it's violent, but it's pretty anticlimactic.  Also, Ricks people murdered his people, in their sleep.   Payback is a bitch. 

• Love 1
On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 7:55 PM, ParadoxLost said:

Not really that much of a difference.  It's the same outcome.

I don't think I agree.  Most of the moaning and whining (mine included) is not about the outcome.  Its about the execution of the finale and premiere and the weak ass plotting and momentum killing stalling, monologues, and flashbacks/fantasies. 

So let's say that they kill Abraham and go to black on Daryl's outburst in the finale.  The following goes differently

- They just took out the character that is arguably one of the most prominent outside of the Atlanta 5.

- This requires them to cut a chunk of the endless boxing in of the RV and Negan's monologue and some of the gimmicky camera work

- The producers don't end up in a live "your finale sucks" Talking Dead.  And really a finale has to suck a lot for the producers to get enough information during commercial breaks to feel like they must address it live on national television before the West Coast has even seen the whole finale.  They've got a dead/former cast member on the couch.  The air is taken out of the argument that the whole finale is a pointless stall for a Negan introduction, momentum ruining cliffhanger

- Now everyone still probably thinks Glenn would die in the premiere.  But at least the irritation with the finale is tempered by the fact that something happened.  There is likely discussion over the break of  Abraham's last words, some discussion of whether they would really kill another character or maybe more than one more, a little heightened concern that if they killed Abraham then the premiere would have to up the ante to Atlanta 5 or Maggie.

So then we get to the premiere

- And the stall to the reveal is less annoying because they haven't held everything back for months

- The beaten blood pile has more of an emotional impact because maybe that is Abe rather than cheap shock tactic.

-There has to be a limit to the stalling and monologues so maybe moving part of the action to the finale forces them to put in another plot point that turns into something substantial enough that they cut some of the gratuitous fantasies  Or maybe its worse. 

That was just a subjective look at it and you are just rearranging scenes.  Doesn't make "that much" of a difference.

17 million people watched the episode.  I think the audience has spoken.

• Love 1
On October 25, 2016 at 1:15 AM, J----av said:

Sounds like allot of things that could go wrong and get everyone in ricks crew killed

We'll just have to disagree. Neegan at the table defenseless is an easy kill. 

Kill Neegan and the group folds. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, LocimusPrime said:

We'll just have to disagree. Neegan at the table defenseless is an easy kill. 

Kill Neegan and the group folds. 

You have to wonder how many of Negan's group would be sorry to see him dead.