Type keyword(s) to search

Coronation Street - General Discussion

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, Cozytea said:

admit i ff Daisy and Ryan

I fast forward anything with Daisy in 😂 I absolutely cannot stand her, I know the standard of acting in Corrie has taken a nosedive in the last couple of years, but she takes the biscuit! 
im also getting to the point where I fast forward anything with Alina in, I have a big problem with ‘other women’ as it is, but when they’re as brazen and childlike as she is (that voice grates on me) it absolutely infuriates me 😂 I’m sure she’s a very nice girl in real life, but I can’t bear to see her on screen 

• Love 2

I really, really do not like Billy and don't get why Paul and Todd are so mad for him. He's all emotion, no thought. When he was yelling at Paul without letting him get a word in, I wanted to slap him. Can't wait till he finds out what Todd's been up to. Hope it hits him like a brick.

• Love 2
13 hours ago, politichick said:

I really, really do not like Billy and don't get why Paul and Todd are so mad for him. He's all emotion, no thought. When he was yelling at Paul without letting him get a word in, I wanted to slap him. Can't wait till he finds out what Todd's been up to. Hope it hits him like a brick.

I agree I can't stand Billy. I hope Paul doesn't get back with him once Todd is exposed.  Todd has always been nasty to other people and Billy knows that yet, he got back with him and dropped Paul without a second thought. 

Why is Eileen being so mean to Sean? She was so worried and concerned when she found he'd been homeless.  Knowing he's desperate for a place to stay, would she really turn her back on him?

I get Sean is a pain at times but he and Eileen have always got along. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, politichick said:

Queen Elizabeth visited the Coronation Street set today and met the cast and crew. She must be a fan, which is kind of cool.

Reportedly, QEII prefers Eastenders. 😄 She visited the Coronation Street set as part of the show's 60th anniversary celebrations.

On 5/26/2021 at 6:47 PM, Tallulah7606 said:

On the subject of “two flats Tyrone”, I’m getting to the point where I have to fast forward any scene with Alina or Fiz in them. I can’t stand Alinas brazen behaviour over breaking up a family, and I can’t stand Fiz full stop. I hate the whole storyline, it came completely out of left field and makes absolutely no sense. They went from kissing one week, to taking out a mortgage together the next! 

I'm up to this point now. I feel bad for Emma. Tyrone and Alina carrying on without giving a thought about how uncomfortable she must feel. Ridiculous.

• Love 1

Am I missing something? Why is the street suddenly filled with parked cars? Never, in the whole 60 year history of coronation street has there ever been more than 1 or 2 cars parked at the very most. Now suddenly, you literally cannot move for parked cars

15 hours ago, Tallulah7606 said:

Am I missing something? Why is the street suddenly filled with parked cars? Never, in the whole 60 year history of coronation street has there ever been more than 1 or 2 cars parked at the very most. Now suddenly, you literally cannot move for parked cars

I think it is the difference between the old set and the new. The old set couldn't be used for cars much, which was increasingly unrealistic. But the new set is larger and can handle cars, so they have them there now, giving a more realistic impression of what a street like that would look like today. 

Spoiler

"Coronation Street spoilers: Car crash, sex plot and death breakdown – Metro" https://metro.co.uk/2021/08/04/coronation-street-spoilers-car-crash-sex-plot-and-death-breakdown-15031856/amp/

20 hours ago, Tallulah7606 said:

Because nothing on the show seems to just happen. I'm assuming it will mean something,  In an upcoming storyline. 

Eta:  I had to look it up 🙂, yep, new storyline. 

Edited by Cozytea

I just found out that Amazon Prime has a season of Coronation Street available for people in the USA and Canada. Reddit says it's from 2010 and is the season with the tram crash. 

I'm having a ton of fun watching it! Lots of characters I've never seen before and the ones I have seen are in such different places than they are today. 

I wanted to pass it along since I would never have thought to check Prime for Corrie! 

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, Jenniferbug said:

I just found out that Amazon Prime has a season of Coronation Street available for people in the USA and Canada. Reddit says it's from 2010 and is the season with the tram crash. 

I'm having a ton of fun watching it! Lots of characters I've never seen before and the ones I have seen are in such different places than they are today. 

I wanted to pass it along since I would never have thought to check Prime for Corrie! 

2010 episodes were good. So many interesting storylines. 

• Love 1

I'm curious- what was the reaction to the tram crash at the time? I feel like I've read comments that gave me the impression that it was kind of ridiculous. I suppose it was a bit, ie there's an explosion and then a train crash and then a house fire. But I was absolutely riveted and loved it! 

Now I have a dilemma. I had been watching classic Corrie on YouTube and left off somewhere around 1973. But now I kind of want to find the 2011 episodes since the ones available on Amazon end on the cliff hanger of Tracy being attacked. Obviously I know she's fine, but that's a heck of a way to leave off! 

Any opinions? Should I go back to the 70s and carry on from there or skip ahead to more recent times? I'm not really sure what characters and stories I'd miss between the 70s and now to know if I should go back. 

6 hours ago, Jenniferbug said:

I'm curious- what was the reaction to the tram crash at the time? I feel like I've read comments that gave me the impression that it was kind of ridiculous. I suppose it was a bit, ie there's an explosion and then a train crash and then a house fire. But I was absolutely riveted and loved it! 

Now I have a dilemma. I had been watching classic Corrie on YouTube and left off somewhere around 1973. But now I kind of want to find the 2011 episodes since the ones available on Amazon end on the cliff hanger of Tracy being attacked. Obviously I know she's fine, but that's a heck of a way to leave off! 

Any opinions? Should I go back to the 70s and carry on from there or skip ahead to more recent times? I'm not really sure what characters and stories I'd miss between the 70s and now to know if I should go back. 

Well... the reaction was mostly dire, if I’m honest. Mainly because of the terrible CGI, the many many spoofed versions to the tune of ‘Thomas the Tank Engine’ on YouTube make that blindingly obvious. 
I was personally glued to the episodes, it was horrendous constantly waiting for the next night to see who died. 

As for your dilemma, watch both 🤷🏻‍♀️ Why not. I’m currently rewatching old episodes on itv3 alongside watching the most recent episodes. It was a very different programme in the 70s and most of the cast are no longer in it, so it shouldn’t be too confusing-and Ken’s hair hasn’t changed in the last 60 years, lol!

Aaah, Jack Duckworths death was probably the most beautiful that Corrie have ever written. He and Vera were two of my absolute favourite characters back in the day, Vera died a couple of years before Jack, in the same room. When he called her ‘my little swamp duck’ it completely finished me off 😭 that was one of his most frequent ‘terms of endearment’ for her. I actually don’t know if I could bear to watch that again, I sobbed for hours the first time around 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Tallulah7606 said:

Well... the reaction was mostly dire, if I’m honest. Mainly because of the terrible CGI, the many many spoofed versions to the tune of ‘Thomas the Tank Engine’ on YouTube make that blindingly obvious. 
I was personally glued to the episodes, it was horrendous constantly waiting for the next night to see who died. 

As for your dilemma, watch both 🤷🏻‍♀️ Why not. I’m currently rewatching old episodes on itv3 alongside watching the most recent episodes. It was a very different programme in the 70s and most of the cast are no longer in it, so it shouldn’t be too confusing-and Ken’s hair hasn’t changed in the last 60 years, lol!

Aaah, Jack Duckworths death was probably the most beautiful that Corrie have ever written. He and Vera were two of my absolute favourite characters back in the day, Vera died a couple of years before Jack, in the same room. When he called her ‘my little swamp duck’ it completely finished me off 😭 that was one of his most frequent ‘terms of endearment’ for her. I actually don’t know if I could bear to watch that again, I sobbed for hours the first time around 

Yeah the CGI was not good. I still loved it. It was great to see so many episodes where everyone was involved in the story. I knew who was going to die going in, and I was still glued to it! 

I may watch both. I watched some 2011 episodes and think I'll probably watch until Claire leaves and then maybe time travel back to the 70s again. The playlists I'm finding on YouTube don't have a ton of episodes available, so I'll probably be to the 80s fairly quickly. You're absolutely right about Ken's hair 😆 

I haven't seen Vera yet and have only seen Jack in those 2010 episodes, but his death was so well done.

10 hours ago, Jenniferbug said:

I haven't seen Vera yet and have only seen Jack in those 2010 episodes, but his death was so well done.

I can’t remember off the top of my head when Vera died, but it was roughly 2008(ish) 
Their absolute heyday was when they briefly owned the Rovers, it was comedy gold watching Vera pretend to be lady of the manor.

I love that Corrie is watched in the States and in Canada, it’s so different from soap operas across the pond that I would have thought it would be seen as too dreary. 

I don’t know what channels you watch on YouTube, but I found two that had quite a bit of content a few years ago ‘Jerry Booth’ and ‘Concepta Hewitt’. There’s an awful lot of gaps in some years though, so it’s quite frustrating when an episode ends in a cliffhanger and then the dates jump a couple of weeks. 

Speaking of the 80s, you’ll have a shock when Sally first appears, lol!. She was a bit rough around the edges when she was younger-and as for Gail, she was actually quite savvy and sassy when her kids were younger, now they’ve turned her into a docile halfwit 😂

All this talk of Jack and Vera makes me want to get a cup of tea and settle down for a good cry watching Jacks departure 😂 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Tallulah7606 said:

I love that Corrie is watched in the States and in Canada, it’s so different from soap operas across the pond that I would have thought it would be seen as too dreary. 

I don’t know what channels you watch on YouTube, but I found two that had quite a bit of content a few years ago ‘Jerry Booth’ and ‘Concepta Hewitt’. There’s an awful lot of gaps in some years though, so it’s quite frustrating when an episode ends in a cliffhanger and then the dates jump a couple of weeks. 

I started watching it around 2018 (I think). It was recommended to me by Hulu when I was watching something else British. I was aware of its existence, though I didn't know much about it beyond it being a soap, but jumped at the chance to watch it. I think I like it precisely because it was so different from soaps here. Less riches and glamor and more people just living their lives. I think Corrie does a really good job at making the neighborhood feel lived in and the character connections seem genuine. A lot of American soaps you have to go "wait, how are they related again?" because family ties are basically ignored, and friendships appear from thin air. Also a lot of our soaps tend to get stuck on a few "favorite" characters and forget everyone else, while Coronation Street is more ensemble. 

Thank you! I will check out those channels! I've been watching a giant playlist by someone called "Paul stone". It was the first playlist when I originally searched for Coronation Street. It's pretty sparse now that I'm in the 70s though, I think I will start searching by individual years and see if that helps. I've also been following along on the Fandom page that has episode descriptions to fill in the gaps so I at least know how the missing story arcs end 😆

• Love 1

I’d love to watch some American soaps, we don’t get them over here, which I find weird. We’ve always had all the big dramas (and sitcoms) like Desperate Housewives, Greys anatomy, Chicago Fire/Med/PD, New Amsterdam etc etc, but never the soaps. All I really know about them is what’s been mentioned in other programmes. We did used to get Melrose Place but I assume that’s more of a drama than a soap-although everyone was VERY beautiful in it 😂 

I have to admit, I’m finding Corrie a bit hard going to watch at the moment. Between squeaky voiced Alina (how a grown man could find someone so childlike attractive is beyond me) Daisy, Leanne and Fiz, I’m finding it a real chore to watch. 
And the social distancing between characters has gone on long enough. I notice that all the American things I watch manage to be covid safe whilst also scrapping the 6 feet rule, so why can’t we here?? 

• Love 1

That is kind of strange you don't get any American soaps over there. It's a dying genre over here. Each of the major networks only has 1 left. General Hospital is the one I stuck with the longest, but its decline in quality is noticeable, and it tends to feature the same characters in the same storyline with the same outcome over and over. I wonder if you'd be able to find some soaps on YouTube? I watched a lot of old General Hospital years ago and that was fun. 

I'm not exactly riveted by Coronation Street at the moment, but I still mostly enjoy it. I wonder if American shows were able to get their actors fully vaccinated sooner? At one point I had read that England was trying to get 1 dose in everyone before moving onto 2nd doses. I'm sure it's hard for them to walk that line between safety and what makes sense for the story, especially with cases starting to rise again and hospitalizations increasing again (at least in America- maybe you guys are lucky and not seeing a new spike). 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Jenniferbug said:

I started watching it around 2018 (I think). It was recommended to me by Hulu when I was watching something else British. I was aware of its existence, though I didn't know much about it beyond it being a soap, but jumped at the chance to watch it. I think I like it precisely because it was so different from soaps here. Less riches and glamor and more people just living their lives. I think Corrie does a really good job at making the neighborhood feel lived in and the character connections seem genuine. A lot of American soaps you have to go "wait, how are they related again?" because family ties are basically ignored, and friendships appear from thin air. Also a lot of our soaps tend to get stuck on a few "favorite" characters and forget everyone else, while Coronation Street is more ensemble. 

Thank you! I will check out those channels! I've been watching a giant playlist by someone called "Paul stone". It was the first playlist when I originally searched for Coronation Street. It's pretty sparse now that I'm in the 70s though, I think I will start searching by individual years and see if that helps. I've also been following along on the Fandom page that has episode descriptions to fill in the gaps so I at least know how the missing story arcs end 😆

I've been watching since late 2010.   Found it on Hulu and was really drawn into the spousal abuse storyline with Tyron and Kirstie.  Don't think I've ever seen anything like it on US soaps and I've watch many/most of them for years and years.   I was so happy when I was able to subscribe to Britbox so I'm no longer 2 wks. behind with the storylines.    I'm also watching Emmerdale and East Enders (gave up on Hollyoaks).  

• Love 2

I started watching "Coronation Street" last year when the Geoff/Yazmeen storyline was going on although I did know about the Connors and some of the other storylines.

I've been watching "Holby City" and "Casualty"  for  about 5 years or so now too. 

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, Jenniferbug said:

That is kind of strange you don't get any American soaps over there. It's a dying genre over here. Each of the major networks only has 1 left. General Hospital is the one I stuck with the longest, but its decline in quality is noticeable, and it tends to feature the same characters in the same storyline with the same outcome over and over. I wonder if you'd be able to find some soaps on YouTube? I watched a lot of old General Hospital years ago and that was fun. 

I'm not exactly riveted by Coronation Street at the moment, but I still mostly enjoy it. I wonder if American shows were able to get their actors fully vaccinated sooner? At one point I had read that England was trying to get 1 dose in everyone before moving onto 2nd doses. I'm sure it's hard for them to walk that line between safety and what makes sense for the story, especially with cases starting to rise again and hospitalizations increasing again (at least in America- maybe you guys are lucky and not seeing a new spike). 

It's interesting because social distancing and lack of physical contact is still very evident on the Brit soaps.  Seems like the US has just thrown out the filming protocols because actors on General Hospital and Days of Our Lives (the 2 I watch) have resumed hugging, kissing and whatnot.  

• Love 1

You can watch Young and the Restless (American Soap opera) on YouTube. 

I grew up watching that and As the Word Turns. Those were my moms stories lol. AtWT no longer airs but  you can find old episodes on YouTube  Y&R is still airing . I dont watch any current American soap operas. I used to watch Eastenders as a teenager they would show it on PBS.  I loved it.  I found coronation street on hulu.   I cant remember the year. It's all mixed up in my head because i have watched all the 90s and 2000s on YouTube.  I think it was 08 or 09. The first episode i remember was Leanne having a hen night. Stella and Eva were there they were all outside.Leann told off Gail I think lol.

I now watch on Britbox.  It is hard watching because of the social distancing but I still look foward to watching corrie.

Edited by Cozytea
  • Love 1

I watch on BritBox now too. It's so nice not to be behind on episodes.

I tried to watch Emmerdale but couldn't get into it. I keep hearing that East Enders is dark, so I haven't tried that one yet but maybe I should give it a try. I skipped out on about a year of Coronation Street last year when Oliver was diagnosed and dying. I may go back and watch sometime but at the time it was airing, I needed to watch something a bit lighter for my mental health. 

I think I've watched all of the American soaps at some point, but stuck with General Hospital the longest, and I haven't watched in a few years. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Jenniferbug said:

I watch on BritBox now too. It's so nice not to be behind on episodes.

I tried to watch Emmerdale but couldn't get into it. I keep hearing that East Enders is dark, so I haven't tried that one yet but maybe I should give it a try. I skipped out on about a year of Coronation Street last year when Oliver was diagnosed and dying. I may go back and watch sometime but at the time it was airing, I needed to watch something a bit lighter for my mental health. 

I think I've watched all of the American soaps at some point, but stuck with General Hospital the longest, and I haven't watched in a few years. 

I tried to watch Emmerdale too. Yeah I just couldn't get into it. Maybe ill try again. When i first got britbox i was discovery so many good shows that I didn't really put much effort into a new soap.as we know starting to watch a soap takes time to invest into characters who have long histories. 

I tried to watch  Eastenders again. I watched as I said as a teenager but i think they only had it on for like 3 years or so.  I couldn't really get into the "new" EE. I don't  know if I'd call it dark, but it seemed kind of trashy, sorry, I don't want to offend anyone who loves it but it just didn't remind of Eastenders from the 80's.  Which thinking back on the 80's episodes remind a lot of coronation street 🤷🏾‍♀️.

On topic: I'm not  thrilled with Todd's  comeuppence. I thought he'd suffer a little more ...I dont want him stoned lol but maybe some shunning. 

• Love 1

Bear in mind that Coronation Street and other UK soaps film three months in advance, so the restrictions we see them adhere to on screen are what was in place three months ago, rather than reflecting the present. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Cozytea said:

On topic: I'm not  thrilled with Todd's  comeuppence. I thought he'd suffer a little more ...I dont want him stoned lol but maybe some shunning. 

Yeah he seemed to get off way too easily for what he did. And you know it's only a matter of time before Billy and Summer forgive him too. 

I would like Daisy to get away from Daniel too. I love Daniel, and I know he hasn't really had story in a while, but ugh, not with Daisy please. And I don't even hate Daisy! I think she's a necessary soap character type, but I don't want her with Daniel. 

• Love 2

Yeah he seemed to get off way too easily for what he did. And you know it's only a matter of time before Billy and Summer forgive him too. 

I would like Daisy to get away from Daniel too. I love Daniel, and I know he hasn't really had story in a while, but ugh, not with Daisy please. And I don't even hate Daisy! I think she's a necessary soap character type, but I don't want her with Daniel. 

I'm with you I don't hate Daisy, I don't like her  but think she's is necessary.  Characters  like  her are necessary.  I don't want her to mess Daniel around. But think about this, Tracy and Daisy going after each other 😁.  I can see Tracy being protective of Daniel especially because of Bertie. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Cozytea said:

I'm with you I don't hate Daisy, I don't like her  but think she's is necessary.  Characters  like  her are necessary.  I don't want her to mess Daniel around. But think about this, Tracy and Daisy going after each other 😁.  I can see Tracy being protective of Daniel especially because of Bertie. 

Oooo...you might have just made me ok with Daisy being around, as long as Tracy gets to have words with her 😆

I love Tracy. I think because when I started watching, she's mostly been mellow and I think she and Steve are fun together. But watching her return in 2011 (?) recently, I absolutely see how awful she used to be and I probably wouldn't have liked her as much if I had been watching back then. 

42 minutes ago, Jenniferbug said:

Oooo...you might have just made me ok with Daisy being around, as long as Tracy gets to have words with her 😆

I love Tracy. I think because when I started watching, she's mostly been mellow and I think she and Steve are fun together. But watching her return in 2011 (?) recently, I absolutely see how awful she used to be and I probably wouldn't have liked her as much if I had been watching back then. 

Yes, Tracy has grown on me . She was just vile back in the day and I couldn't stand to look at her. Now she's just snarky lol.

• Love 1

I cannot stand Daisy, but get what's been said about that type of character being needed.  Right now, though, I'm even more ticked off at Ryan for his stupidity.   He was an idiot for falling into Daisy's trap (bed) and seemed to really be sorry for his mistake.  He begged for Alya's forgiveness and she was an idiot, as well,  letting Daisy win.   Why on earth would he  just turn on a dime  actually HAVE a relationship with her?  Especially since she acts like such a cow all the time.  What a slap in the face to Alya.  

• Love 1
33 minutes ago, sas616 said:

I cannot stand Daisy, but get what's been said about that type of character being needed.  Right now, though, I'm even more ticked off at Ryan for his stupidity.   He was an idiot for falling into Daisy's trap (bed) and seemed to really be sorry for his mistake.  He begged for Alya's forgiveness and she was an idiot, as well,  letting Daisy win.   Why on earth would he  just turn on a dime  actually HAVE a relationship with her?  Especially since she acts like such a cow all the time.  What a slap in the face to Alya.  

I was so confused by the sudden Ryan & Daisy "relationship" he was very regretful of his mistake with Daisy. Then no lead up and she is his girlfriend.  Writers didnt do a good job with that.  

• Love 1

I'm not sure anything actually happened between Ryan and Daisy at least that first time.  She obviously wanted him to think that it did, and, more obviously, for Alya to find out about it.

I think my favorite character is Evelyn.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Badger said:

I'm not sure anything actually happened between Ryan and Daisy at least that first time.  She obviously wanted him to think that it did, and, more obviously, for Alya to find out about it.

I think my favorite character is Evelyn.

I don't think anything happened either. 

Evelyn is my favorite too. I hope they don't have Hope do anything to her.  I just got bad feeling when Evelyn was so jumpy, after realizing hope had no remorse.

1 hour ago, sas616 said:

Yeah him going from no real interest in her to being in an actual relationship made NO sense. It really made it seem like Ryan just can't bear to be alone, which is dumb since he had the fairly recent conversation with David about being tied down. 

28 minutes ago, Cozytea said:

I don't think anything happened either. 

Evelyn is my favorite too. I hope they don't have Hope do anything to her.  I just got bad feeling when Evelyn was so jumpy, after realizing hope had no remorse.

Evelyn has been awesome lately! I really don't like Hope. I don't understand what the show is trying to do with her. She's already trying to murder people and showing no remorse at, what, 9? I don't see how the character can have a future on the show beyond being a serial killer.

My mom used to watch Corrie and, as a kid, I thought it was such a terrible show.  Then I started watching it with my dad and now he’s gone, I still watch it.  My dad would often say that it was becoming too soap opera-ish, but he still kept watching.

I think I’ll do some rewatching on Prime.  How odd that they have one year on there!

Edited by Tiggertoo
  • Love 1
On 8/15/2021 at 1:38 AM, Jenniferbug said:

I wonder if American shows were able to get their actors fully vaccinated sooner? At one point I had read that England was trying to get 1 dose in everyone before moving onto 2nd doses.

No, we’ve had most people fully vaccinated for some months now, it’s only the under 30s that are still waiting for their second. I think they’re just not creating work bubbles here for the benefit of the soaps, if they tested all the actors every time they did a scene which required closeness (like for example when Oliver died) then there’s no reason they couldn’t carry on as normal. I get that they have to show they’re adhering to the rules, but it looks ridiculous in some scenes. 

18 hours ago, sas616 said:

He was an idiot for falling into Daisy's trap (bed) and seemed to really be sorry for his mistake.  He begged for Alya's forgiveness and she was an idiot, as well,  letting Daisy win. 

There were rumours that the whole point of this storyline is that it was leading up to Daisy having raped Ryan on that first night, to show that men need to give consent too. But that seemed to disappear as soon as it started. As much as I don’t really want to see a story like that unfold, it would have at least given some purpose to the horrifically acted Daisy being in the soap in the first place. I still don’t get why she’s there. Awful actress, awful character and a voice that’s more irritating than getting your belt loop stuck on a door handle. 
The actress needs to disappear back to ridiculous hollyoaks, sharpish 

1 hour ago, Tallulah7606 said:

No, we’ve had most people fully vaccinated for some months now, it’s only the under 30s that are still waiting for their second. I think they’re just not creating work bubbles here for the benefit of the soaps, if they tested all the actors every time they did a scene which required closeness (like for example when Oliver died) then there’s no reason they couldn’t carry on as normal. I get that they have to show they’re adhering to the rules, but it looks ridiculous in some scenes.

They really needed to bubble more for major scenes. Peter collapsing in the street and no one going to his side was ridiculous. Abi sobbing after Seb dies, and Kevin just stands there is stupid. I'm sure it's a logistical nightmare, but you'd think the one or two actors involved could make it work. 

• Love 2

They really needed to bubble more for major scenes. Peter collapsing in the street and no one going to his side was ridiculous. Abi sobbing after Seb dies, and Kevin just stands there is stupid. I'm sure it's a logistical nightmare, but you'd think the one or two actors involved could make it work. 

Exactly this! 
I remember at some point last year, Gary was mown down by a car or van, and Sarah was just kind of sitting in the road, 6 feet away, screaming his name-it looked absolutely ludicrous, and after Oliver and Seb died, neither mum had anyone so much as give them a hug. You can absolutely guarantee that they’re not all hanging out in the green room between scenes and sitting 6 feet apart, so why bother on screen

• Love 1

I live in the Detroit area so have gotten Canadian/British tv all my life.  I can't even remember how long I have been watching Corrie but am guessing it was in the 70s when I got into US soaps as well.  I definitely go back to when the Duckworths first arrived, Curly was a binman, Alan Bradley, Gail before she was a Platt, Rita, Emily & Bet in their heydays, etc...  I even got a chance to visit the old Granada Studios tour and see the Street in person. 

As with US soaps, I have gone off Corrie for awhile and then returned but it has been a small part of my life for decades.  IMO no show/soap is ever perfect but I do value what they are doing in trying circumstances and honestly seeing Izzy's scenes last night (Canadian episode time) telling Carla and Sarah what pandemic life was like for her was as good if not better than the way any other show I watch has handled it.

One last other way I know I have watched too much Corrie, I was on a cruise about 8 years ago and went to bingo where a gentleman named David Platt won the round.  I could not stop laughing but couldn't really share the joke with anyone until I went up to speak to the British crew member calling numbers after the game.  He had noticed me and asked "How do you know about David Platt?"  We had a good chuckle over it. 

• Love 2

Maria is absolutely mad. Why does she think it's okay to storm into someone's office and interrupt a business call and then storm back out and destroy property? It's mad and maddening.

Wouldn't mind if Alina left. She is too childlike, especially when she speaks. And where is Tyrone getting all of this money from to buy a flat and an engagement ring, etc.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Jenniferbug said:

Yeah for as calm as Maria was during Liam's actual asthma attack, she went totally unhinged later. Maybe it was supposed to be delayed reaction, but it made her seem really stupid. 

And Jack just stood there watching the poor boy choke before finally deciding to call her over. That was crazy. Now she's going to be a parking wars lunatic.

I also didn't like her telling Gary to not give money for Kelly's defense. Like he said, they have other assets.

I am excited to see the trial get underway. Hope Corey is convicted because he's a despicable human being.

On 8/24/2021 at 7:56 AM, politichick said:

And Jack just stood there watching the poor boy choke before finally deciding to call her over. That was crazy. Now she's going to be a parking wars lunatic.

I also didn't like her telling Gary to not give money for Kelly's defense. Like he said, they have other assets.

I am excited to see the trial get underway. Hope Corey is convicted because he's a despicable human being.

So I checked out from the show sometime after Gary killed Rick and Kelly came looking for him, and March. Why does Gary feel he owes Kelly defense money? He killed her horrible father and he should feel bad about that, but she still participated in Seb's murder (to some degree). I doubt she's the one who actually killed him but she sure helped instigate it and we heard her laughing on Seb's voice-mail. I'm preemptively annoyed that I think the show is going to try to pretend she was so innocent and redeem her. 

Corey definitely belongs in jail. I don't want to see him on the show ever again once this trial is over. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Jenniferbug said:

So I checked out from the show sometime after Gary killed Rick and Kelly came looking for him, and March. Why does Gary feel he owes Kelly defense money? He killed her horrible father and he should feel bad about that, but she still participated in Seb's murder (to some degree). I doubt she's the one who actually killed him but she sure helped instigate it and we heard her laughing on Seb's voice-mail. I'm preemptively annoyed that I think the show is going to try to pretend she was so innocent and redeem her. 

Corey definitely belongs in jail. I don't want to see him on the show ever again once this trial is over. 

I'm also annoyed by  the show trying to make viewers feel sympathy for Kelly. She was awful to Nina and took part in the actions that kilked Seb and left Nina beaten. It's pretty ridiculous to think that Kelly can come back on the street and people will be ok with her. Corey should go to prison and so should Kelly. 

Maria busting up the van had me laughing. It made me think of when she spray painted MURDERER on the factory door but misspelled it. Becky then corrected it for her because she felt bad that people would never let her forget it lol.

Edited by Cozytea
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

It's making Imran look stupid too. I understand his job as a lawyer is to defend his client, but he seems honestly flabbergasted that people don't see Kelly as some sympathetic figure. He should not be this dumb. 

Oh my gosh 😆 Maria isn't the brightest! 

• Love 1
Just now, Jenniferbug said:

It's making Imran look stupid too. I understand his job as a lawyer is to defend his client, but he seems honestly flabbergasted that people don't see Kelly as some sympathetic figure. He should not be this dumb. 

Oh my gosh 😆 Maria isn't the brightest! 

Yes, I usually like Imran but the writers are not doing the characters any favors. As you said he is a lawyer and he feels Kelly needs help and he can help her but a better storyline would have been him being torn between wanting to help and knowing that kelly took part in the attack and should pay a price. Instead we get a huffing glaring, indignant Imran.  

• Love 1