Type keyword(s) to search

Season Six: The Destruction of Bobby Goren Commences

And here's the late Anton Yelchin in "Tru Love". Keith had no chance with a father like that. His mother seemed to try, but it seemed like he just wanted affection and Danielle gave it to him, as skeevy as it was.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Maherjunkie said:

What confused me is the mother was painted as a bad guy too.

I think the mother was definitely self absorbed with her own life and second marriage. And she may have even been a bit cold towards Keith, but at least she seemed to have the appearance of having some interest in Keith even if he didn't appreciate it. Dear ol' dad, on the other hand, was just a straight-up dick. And rapist based on his video stash. I think he qualifies as one of those "unsympathetic victims" discussed in the forum...

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Maherjunkie said:

Yeah, too bad he was so damn hot.

The way he died was brutal.  :-(  I just hope it was instantaneous. Can't imagine the agony of being squished by his own car. To die in such a way at only 27 is awful.

And apparently WE doesn't even know its own schedule. The TV listings had CI on 'til 7. Even their own site said as much. But an Eddie Murphy movie just started. Oh, well! Hee.

No loss as it's not like no one had seen the episodes before, but I just wish WE would pick a schedule and stick to it.

2 hours ago, Maherjunkie said:

I was looking forward to Players,  Sons of bitches!

Maybe that will be part of the usual Monday marathon, with everything else scheduled pushed back. The last 3 were supposed to be "Players", "Silencer", and "Rocket Man".

15 hours ago, Maherjunkie said:

I hope so.  I said it like the judge in Semi-Professional though.

Hee. Well, the schedule I see doesn't have them airing, but then it wasn't correct yesterday. So I guess Monday will tell if they air or if they get skipped.

Yeah, I just Googled and saw some US Magazine article. Well, it's her life. But...yeah. I mean, there are tons of hookups with age differences. But she is literally the age of his kids.

Guess poor Charlize Theron was too old for him?

USA is showing "30" and "Silencer" later on. Never liked "30" much. For all the lip service of Logan and this reporter having a past, the reporter was an ass, 99% of the time. Or maybe I just never liked the guy because, he's all scared for his mistress [rightfully so, but still!], and yet he lies to his wife and kid, knowing he has a fatal illness and is very easily spread. I mean, his own kid just barely didn't drink his dad's orange juice (thinking it had cold germs and he could stay home from school).

Once his wife found out, dying or not, she should have reamed his ass.

Not to mention reporter dude went to Logan to solve his potential demise - and only got snotty when Logan and Wheeler tried to get some facts out of the douche.

And the whole international spy crap just felt like it didn't belong. Whatever.

Although - hey! - it's yet another Oz cast member appearing on the L&O franchise since Lee Tergesen played douche reporter. His character had a thing with Chris Meloni's in Oz, and Kathryn Erbe was also a cast member, and Rita Moreno appeared, too. Still wonder if both shows shared a casting director or someone behind the scenes...

18 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Although - hey! - it's yet another Oz cast member appearing on the L&O franchise since Lee Tergesen played douche reporter. His character had a thing with Chris Meloni's in Oz, and Kathryn Erbe was also a cast member, and Rita Moreno appeared, too. Still wonder if both shows shared a casting director or someone behind the scenes...

I don't know if they shared a casting director, but Oz was created by Tom Fontana from Homicide who definitely shares similar tastes in actors as the L&O folks. It was also shot in NYC so it was drawing from the same pool of NYC based talent.

Edited by wknt3
On 2/23/2017 at 7:08 PM, wknt3 said:

I don't know if they shared a casting director, but Oz was created by Tom Fontana from Homicide who definitely shares similar tastes in actors as the L&O folks. It was also shot in NYC so it was drawing from the same pool of NYC based talent.

Yeah, Homicide was another that shared from the same casting pool, too. I will say it's sort of funny to see the white hats play black hats in Oz, though!

8 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Yeah, Homicide was another that shared from the same casting pool, too. I will say it's sort of funny to see the white hats play black hats in Oz, though!

Always fun watching the same faces on the other side. Especially for an extended period since most of the time it's just a perp or defense attorney from a single episode of one of the L&O's becoming a detective or DA later on. I guest we shouldn't be surprised to see the same faces popping up over and over since it's all taking place in Tommy Westphall's imagination...

The episode, "Blasters", the one where the Saved By The Bell "Screech" character is killed...I wonder if it was also mixed with a bit of Bobby Driscoll? (Yes, the site is sort of tabloid-ish but also kind of fascinating!)

Apparently, this guy started out as a child actor (and the prototype for the voice of Peter Pan) under Walt Disney but was dumped once puberty hit and descended into the usual troubles with drugs, etc., before dying at 30. When he died, he died as a John Doe and was buried in Potter's Field until his fingerprints identified him as a former child star. Just like the "Screech"-esque character.

It keeps the "ripped from the headline" stuff going...

• Love 1

"The War At Home" is airing on WE and one thing that always surprised me was Fran Drescher. She actually took a low-key approach as the mother of the victim and was surprisingly effective.

• Love 2
On 4/3/2017 at 5:27 PM, Maherjunkie said:

OMG her and Tom Arnold both.

Right! "Brother's Keeper". Which aired on WE today. I found the idea of Tom Arnold playing a bible-thumping preacher all kinds of ironic.

• Love 2
On 4/4/2017 at 11:17 PM, Maherjunkie said:

And he was so good!  And Michael Nouri too.

Was Michael Nouri the actual killer? As for Tom Arnold, he did do a good job as a preacher. Surprised me, too!

12 hours ago, Maherjunkie said:

No, just his usual dreamboat self.  The atheist was the killer.

I meant was Michael Nouri the atheist guy? (But from what you posted, I'm guessing not!) Or was he the preacher's right-hand guy with the glasses?

(edited)

"Siren Call" is on. And something I never noticed... Much as I like the scene of Bobby breaking the glass at Jason Raines' ad agency with G/E holding guns on Ray Wasneski, it seemed very unrealistic to me, even with his hand wrapped, that Bobby did not get one drop of blood on his makeshift bandage!

I guess it would have made it hard to hold the gun then, but come on!

Not to mention Goren later gets sucker punched by Raines and has nary a bruise to show for it!

Edited by WendyCR72

"Endgame" is on USA. And while it's cool to see Wally the numbers guy with Asperger's first seen in "Probability" all the way back in S2, I think it would have been a hoot of an inside joke if Bronson Pinchot's douchey dentist murderer had also shown up. (He being from "Beast" in S4.)

Just me? Okay.  :-)

• Love 3
On October 3, 2016 at 3:02 PM, WendyCR72 said:

And here's the late Anton Yelchin in "Tru Love". Keith had no chance with a father like that. His mother seemed to try, but it seemed like he just wanted affection and Danielle gave it to him, as skeevy as it was.

Omg that was just on the other week, and I had no idea that was Anton! 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

Omg that was just on the other week, and I had no idea that was Anton! 

Yes, it was! And he did a good job in the role. Probably because he was still a teenager when he filmed this episode. Still makes me sad, knowing what happened. Sigh.

• Love 2

I never could get into "Blasters" much [the episode on WE right now], the episode where the faux Screech TV star bites it. I mean, machine guns, Albanian mob, bloodshed in the streets...this almost seemed like an episode from a 1980s cop show.

• Love 1

I didn't care for Blasters either, it felt somewhat over the top and un L&O like, it felt more like a season 9-12 SVU episode. That being said, it wasn't one of season 6's worst episodes, season 6 was just terrible IMO, a ton of personal crap and dumbed down cases. I don't usually watch season 6 episodes on reruns, only a few episodes are worth re watching IMO. 

"Albatross" is on WE now, and there was a scene where Senator (?) Margolis talks about how the murdered judge in the episode fought for safety of women against abuse - at home and in the workplace. Could have been written in 2017 with the whole sexual harassment saga. Just found it ironically timely.

At least it aged well, obviously!

• Love 1

"Rocket Man" is now airing on WE. Decent episode. And while the case does seem elite enough for Major Case with the NSA (NASA euphemism, no doubt), even if the murder was in NYC, wouldn't this be a federal case since astronauts are involved, etc.?

Oh, well.

On 1/16/2018 at 10:13 PM, WendyCR72 said:

"Rocket Man" is now airing on WE. Decent episode. And while the case does seem elite enough for Major Case with the NSA (NASA euphemism, no doubt), even if the murder was in NYC, wouldn't this be a federal case since astronauts are involved, etc.?

Oh, well.

In the Lisa Nowak case it was just the local authorities. 

"Tru Luv" is starting and it never ceases to amaze me what a baby poor Anton Yelchin looked like. I guess it worked for the Mary Kay Letorneau-esque story. And doing the math, he was just a teen here. He was grating and needy as Keith, but I think that was the point.

I will say this, which is one thing I don't think I've said before: Whomever was in charge of bodies on the franchise (might have been more than one) really did a great job. For example, "Endgame" is on now, and depending on the bodies found, they are hard to look at (true to life that way) and look pretty authentic to me.

I think I saw a YT video with Kathryn Erbe talking about the bodies on the show, but I can't find it now.

So, USA is showing "Blind Spot" on late night. And seeing John Glover on that episode is sort of surreal, because there was an old Murder She Wrote episode I watched about a month ago, and he was listed as one of the guest stars there. And he looked completely different. Maybe the eyes were similar. But he looked like this in that episode.

So it took me forever to realize it was him. LOL!

ETA: Whoops. "Blind Spot" is part of next week's USA grouping. Tonight is "Cruise To Nowhere" (with Joey Frost, who would inexplicably turn into Josh Snow in S8!) and the ever-creepy "To The Bone" from S5.

But my post about John Glover stands.  :-)

• Love 2

Watching Blind Spot (which I thought was on last week, per above) on USA, and it looks like USA is joining the ranks of other networks that do weird scene endings to fit in more commercials. I hate that. Just saying!

How exactly do the scenes end weirdly? 

I rarely watch season 6 reruns anyway, the season sucked badly, a ton of shitty melodrama plus weaker cases and weird camera angles and music montages. The drop off in quality from the excellent season 5 to the shitty season 6 is remarkable, most of it can be attributed to the departure of Rene Balcer as showrunner and also the loss of Carver and Deakins. 

On 4/29/2018 at 5:59 PM, Xeliou66 said:

How exactly do the scenes end weirdly? 

Seem to end abruptly, as if it cut lines, so there can be more commercials.

Speaking of this season, watching "World's Fair" as I type, and it has been said a lot, but there should be a contest about which character is the most disgusting. A bunch of horrible people. (Minus the victims.)

Still, Logan slamming his fist near that racist's hand is always worth a watch.

• Love 1