Type keyword(s) to search

Season Six: The Destruction of Bobby Goren Commences

8 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Seem to end abruptly, as if it cut lines, so there can be more commercials.

Speaking of this season, watching "World's Fair" as I type, and it has been said a lot, but there should be a contest about which character is the most disgusting. A bunch of horrible people. (Minus the victims.)

Still, Logan slamming his fist near that racist's hand is always worth a watch.

World’s Fair is my favorite episode of season 6, felt like classic CI with an interesting case and lots of despicable people. I did sort of like the uncle of the boyfriend that got killed by the father, the one who took a baseball bat to the Muslim families store, I can’t blame him for doing that, I might’ve done the same. 

• Love 1

"Bedfellows" is on now, the "Strangers On A Train"-themed episode. You know, the one with "MY ADLAAAAAI!!!" Rip Torn does a good job, but I CANNOT STAND his character and his blatant favoritism. First, between his sons and then doing it again with his grandsons. I wouldn't be surprised if the unfavored kid would grow up and later become a suspect for offing his dear ol' granddad in a rage.

Always found it ironic that the "favored son", Adlai, had the mess of a wife, Charlene. (I remember the actress both from S5 in "Slither" and later, in S7's "Reunion", too.)

• Love 1

I always felt sorry for Charlene. She was cheating on Adlai but she had mental and emotional problems that were not her fault, and Lena exploited and provoked them while looking like the “Red Cross.”

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Maherjunkie said:

See I thought 5 sucked and 6 brought it back to life.

Why did you think 5 sucked and 6 was good? I thought 5 had some awesome episodes, whereas in 6 the show became a soap opera with the god awful Goren family stories, plus Eames’ kidnapping and Logan’s neighbor, also the camera styles were frequently quite bizarre, as were the music montages, and the storylines overall were just predictable and not nearly as compelling as 1-5. 5 is one of my favorite seasons.

On 5/23/2018 at 4:11 PM, Sigmagirl said:

I always felt sorry for Charlene. She was cheating on Adlai but she had mental and emotional problems that were not her fault, and Lena exploited and provoked them while looking like the “Red Cross.”

I always wondered if the rat bastard grandfather would end up suing her for custody because the kid had Adlaaaaaaaai's! blood. Whereas he didn't give two craps for Ted's kid.

After he turned on Lena I would hope he realized that she had engineered the whole thing, and gotten her the help she needed. Maybe he set up a trust for them. Or am I being an optimist?

On 5/23/2018 at 10:28 PM, Maherjunkie said:

Five  was just turgid for Goren and Eames.  Slow, dull.  I enjoyed the things you hate even if some were cheesy or extreme.

I thought Goren and Eames had a lot of strong episodes in season 5, although the Logan/Barek episodes were slightly stronger overall. But this discussion is probably for the season 5 thread. 

Season 6 is my least favorite of the show because of the extensive soapy elements and the weird directions and weak cases. Logan again had the better episodes IMO, but I hated the Lifetime movie episode about his neighbor. 

On 5/23/2018 at 2:50 AM, WendyCR72 said:

"Bedfellows" is on now, the "Strangers On A Train"-themed episode. You know, the one with "MY ADLAAAAAI!!!" Rip Torn does a good job, but I CANNOT STAND his character and his blatant favoritism. First, between his sons and then doing it again with his grandsons. I wouldn't be surprised if the unfavored kid would grow up and later become a suspect for offing his dear ol' granddad in a rage.

Always found it ironic that the "favored son", Adlai, had the mess of a wife, Charlene. (I remember the actress both from S5 in "Slither" and later, in S7's "Reunion", too.)

I hate that piece of shit father as well, the way he only liked one son and especially grandson was despicable! He reminded me of the mother in Beast who only liked the one daughter and insulted the other one constantly, or the parents from Saving Face who didn’t give a fuck about their daughter and only cared about the memory of their dead son. 

• Love 2

"Brother's Keeper" is on USA tonight (along with two other episodes). I sometimes wonder if some synopses are just wrong or if they get changed somewhere along the way . The synopsis for this episode always says how Bobby runs into his brother while visiting their mother at the hospital.

As we know, Bobby first ran into Frank at the soup kitchen line, not the hospital.

Then there's that synopsis of a Wheeler episode where she looks into criminal activities her father was involved in, which never even was referred to...

I thought Goren and Eames had a lot of strong episodes in season 5, although the Logan/Barek episodes were slightly stronger overall. But this discussion is probably for the season 5 thread. 

I thought Vacancy was the worst.

Oh yeah, World’s Fair. Like I said before, that’s the best season 6 episode IMO. I thought it was fine how they re-enacted the crime to get the worthless brother to confess and it provided great scenery in front of the sculpture. 

"World's Fair" was like a "Who's Who" of most vile individuals. I did feel sorry for maybe Mina's mother and the uncle of Mina's fiancé, Rudy, that Mina's brother also killed. The rest were total trash.

• Love 2

Meena’s brother didn’t kill Rudy, her father did. 

Yeah, I felt sorry for Meena’s mom, and I kind of liked Rudy’s uncle, but everyone else was a piece of shit. Good episode though, like I say, it felt like classic CI, without the weird shit that plagued season 6, a classic CI case with a lot of evil people and it was one of Logan’s best CI episodes as well, I loved seeing his angry passion. 

On 6/23/2018 at 12:27 AM, Xeliou66 said:

Meena’s brother didn’t kill Rudy, her father did. 

Yeah, I felt sorry for Meena’s mom, and I kind of liked Rudy’s uncle, but everyone else was a piece of shit. Good episode though, like I say, it felt like classic CI, without the weird shit that plagued season 6, a classic CI case with a lot of evil people and it was one of Logan’s best CI episodes as well, I loved seeing his angry passion. 

True. But he did helped to facilitate the murder with his lie. So I hold him just as responsible for Rudy's death. If he hadn't instigated everything, I don't think the father would have had to shoot.

• Love 1

I know this show, as well as the rest of the franchise (and a ton of other such shows), loved to recycle actors, but it hit me as I was watching today's marathon, specifically, "Bedfellows", how often some actors were used. Carrie Preston, who appeared all the way back in S2, then again in S4, and again in S6. The actress playing Preston's boozy sister-in-law, Charlene, also appeared in S5 and would then show up the following season (S7) in a Logan/Wheeler episode.

It's nice that they come back, but you'd think it would have been spaced out. Shrug.

But then, Carlos Leon was basically the same, too. He appeared in S2 and there was actually many seasons until he popped up again in S6...only to pop up yet again in S7, too.

At least Betty Gilpin spaced her appearances out. I think she was also in the same S2 episode Leon was in ("Best Defense", as the woman who came home after being with a  guy that smoked cigars that Bobby remarked about; if it wasn't her, they looked alike!), then S6 "War At Home"), and then in S8 ("Playing Dead").