Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E08: Dangerous Loyalty

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

Ashleigh's lacing up. Mona Lisa is gonna fight! Ha!  I doubt it. Sherri slipped a note -a raid will come before they get to fight

Ryan is such a jerky nerd. Keeping his honor with the inmates. Glad he was changed to another pod

zak is a creep. Trying to fight Jeff

i use to be a Zak fan. Not anymore. I'm glad Jeff told him the truth

zak is a self absorbed jerk. Oh jail was easy for me so I thought it was easy for Ashleigh

• Love 2

I 100% love how confident Ryan was that he would be the next Daffron.

Do they have hair dryers in there? How does MonaLisa's hair go from curly to straight and back? 

Haha. Ryan is more loyal to the inmates than the people he's making this tv show for and the people who are paying him. Lol. There is something so absolutely funny to me about him.  Can't figure him out. Is he full of shit or just so confident in himself?

Oh I wish they brought Zac back in, forgetting others might recognize him, and it blowing the whole fucking show.

They uprooted you, Ryan, bc you're not giving them the inside scoop. Kid makes me laugh.

Ashley scares me.

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Love 5

BOOK!  I saw a book!  And magazines and, I think . . . an electronic tablet??  (It was funny that the book title was pixilated--no free advertising for you, book.  It wouldn't be fair for reality show faux inmate Monalisa's endorsement to skyrocket sales without a promotional fee.)

What the hell is going on with Ryan?  I guess he didn't expect the "personal code of ethics requires allegiance to my bunkie" segment to make broadcast since he was all sincere in his TH about his undercover infiltration efforts being thwarted by the pod transfer.  Ha, I'm like Monalisa--I just don't know who can be trusted anymore.

I really like what I'm hearing from Monalisa.  (Surprise.)  First she's getting some insight into her daughter through interaction with a similarly addicted inmate.  Then she TRULY gets some insight into her daughter via that same woman.

I thought Ashleigh's revelation was going to be that she's married to a jackass.  My heartstrings tugged when she was exploring the brand new thought that letting your baby go might be the best gift you can give her.

• Love 2

If anything MonaLisa will come out of this with insight into her relationship with her daughter.

This was never going to be a good program for Ashleigh and that has nothing to do with having a newborn at home or a jerky jerk of a husband.  Ashleigh was already a couple steps away from ending up in prison on her own.  Scared Straight was more her speed.

Ryan might be smart but he is also a follower,. It's probably a dangerous combination in a prison enviroment where a single bad descion can get you real charges.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 2

I felt like Ryan just didn't want to snitch while still IN jail, and was probably a victim of selective editing. And he's probably thinking of his life when he gets out of jail. I worry a bit for these people and the consequences that could come later. I mean yeah, he's an annoying little snot. But so far, he was the most successful little snot on this ridiculous show.

And judging by Sheri's idiotic note and where that may lead her, it's probably pretty smart to wait until you're no longer a resident of the pod to give away the secrets. It's confusing because they clearly have footage of drugs and tats in the women's pod, plus interviews, but no one has done a damn thing about it until the note? So which way do Maples and Noel want it? It's all very confusing to me.

Has the big guy, the former cop, done anything? I keep forgetting he's there and can't even remember his name. He's been there 4 weeks and they've barely shown him.

• Love 3

i use to be a Zak fan. Not anymore. I'm glad Jeff told him the truth

zak is a self absorbed jerk. Oh jail was easy for me so I thought it was easy for Ashleigh

I was also kind of a Zak fan. I felt like he had a plan and was working on executing it and that he was fairly level headed. I am a fan no more.

It seems like Zak just can't handle the truth. Jeff was telling him he was a self-centered jerk and all Zak could do was try to start a fight and "don't bring my wife into this." Jeff wasn't casting aspersions on Ashleigh -- he was actually sticking up for her.  Also, cry me a river about taking care of your baby. Baby learning curves aren't that steep. Feed, clean, play, sleep, repeat over and over and over. He also lives with his parents and travels a lot for work. Unless he takes the baby, that means dear old mom and dad are doing a lot of the care taking. As for his excuse that he didn't know things were so tough for Ashleigh -- maybe shut up and stop complaining for five seconds and she'd tell you. Complete inability to put himself in another's shoes.

I guess the reason I'm angry about all that is I see that Zak's a scared bully and we don't really need more of those in law enforcement.

There was something off about that whole Stephanie thing. The guard who dropped her off said something about seeing what he could do to help, didn't he? That made me think her story was real. I also thought it was odd that they were accepting checks for bail. Unless they're cashier's checks, wouldn't you have to wait for them to clear before granting bail?

So many things are so f'd in that jail, I can't even comment on Sheriff Knowles and the COs complete lack of professionalism or even care that they appear to be correctly doing their jobs.

• Love 5

I didn't watch the first season but I have watched every episode of this one and I am enjoying it. So many things I didn't know about jail. First of all the fact that you spend all of your days hanging out with people of the same sex in a big open space. WHAT A NIGHTMARE. I cannot imagine the things that boredom bring into that dynamic. And the cliques, like high school all over again!!. I didn't know all of that. The "bad girls" group would be terrible to be in there with. I would get crushed like a bug with those girls.

The terrible tattoos! Ugh! How are the COs not noticing the fresh ink on their hands and arms? How are the COs not stopping by more frequently? I know very little about jails and prisons so maybe they do stop by?? But so much stuff is going on that I can't believe. How are they getting drugs? Can they dry their hair? Wear makeup? Who washes their clothes? Do they girls have a tv? Why are the guys the only ones shown watching tv?

Ashleigh's skin goes back and forth from being extremely broken out to flawless.  Are they applying makeup? Or is the timing and editing jumbled?

Why are they allowed e cigs?

Ryan thinks he is the new Pod Boss, looks like that isn't happening. D Pod (or is C Pod that he got moved into) is packed so much so that they are even getting rooms and showers. There should be some sort of shower and bathroom for the guys forced to sleep in the day area. I'm sure that is a constant problem. 

Stephanie's fake check? I'm super confused. You'd think they'd require a bondsman or a cashier's check for that large amount of money. I'd love to know more. I wish they would have filmed what happened in real time. I'm a sucker :) I go from this show right to Rookie Year and enjoy my night of jail shows!

This show is enlightening for sure.

Edited by CourtneyCourt
  • Love 4

Like WoodsCommaElle (gee, thanks for THAT earworm!), I feel like I missed a step where Monalisa figured out her former bestie was scamming. Where are you guys getting new info on Zak? Was that on the Insiders show? I  haven't watched that because I figured it was more of the same. Maybe I'll have to go watch that. Also... want your mind blown? Think about if Richard and Ryan were on at the same time! Who would have been more delusional? Who would have been a bigger asshat? Richard also thought he was an undercover agent -- you know, until he went on a segregation retreat ("segcation"?)

all in all, a good episode!

I don't think Ryan is strictly delusional.  I think he is just a follower.  Some people are.  They survive by being "helpful" and when he fit in he went native and got a little too close.  It happens.  

Richard was always a first class lunatic and I have no idea why he was picked for the program other than he fit the reality tv mold and I think he might pop up on a show like survivor or the like one of these days. 

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Squirrely said:

And judging by Sheri's idiotic note and where that may lead her, it's probably pretty smart to wait until you're no longer a resident of the pod to give away the secrets

The implication is that that Ashley and the Cool Girls are threatening to attack Monalisa that night, and that's what Sherri is worried about and caused her to pass the kite.

12 hours ago, CourtneyCourt said:

Ashleigh's skin goes back and forth from being extremely broken out to flawless.  Are they applying makeup? Or is the timing and editing jumbled?

I noticed this, too, and am similarly confused by it.

ETA: The kook from S1 was Robert, not Richard.

• Love 1

Does anyone know if Zac is presently working?  If so, where?

I read that something happened with Ashleigh and his gun at home 

1 hour ago, Maharincess said:

Thanks @Quilt Fairy, I was wondering who the hell Richard was. 

I'm also wondering where people saw the thing with Zac and Jeff. I don't remember it on the episode. 

It was on Insider that comes on before the show

Edited by Lion18
Typo
13 hours ago, Lion18 said:

Does anyone know if Zac is presently working?  If so, where?

I read that something happened with Ashleigh and his gun at home 

It was on Insider that comes on before the show

Since this is the episode thread, we need a separate thread for that because it's confusing to those of us who only watched the episode.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Ryan is a mixed bag.  On the one hand, he seems a bit delusional and self important, and on the other hand, at least he is one of the few participants getting any conclusive information at the jail.  I know this is heavily edited, but I’m not sure I think he should be required to divulge much until he has finished his stint.  If you are doing undercover work, you certainly don’t want the stench of snitch on you in any way, shape or form.  Now, if after he was released, he kept withholding information, I would consider that problematic.  The people in charge of this show may have just shot themselves in the foot.  Now that he has been moved, it is highly unlikely that he has time to get the access he had to the goings-on.  Most of the people who have been involved in the program seem more like they are dealing with/resolving their own internal crises rather than offering anything of substance to what is going on in the jail. 

• Love 2

This show confuses me. Some days I choose to believe that the sheriff and friends are really looking for intel. Then I remind myself that all they really need to do is watch the dang videos and they will see all that we see. It's usually at that moment that the light bulb shines a little brighter and reminds me it is for our entertainment. The "in"mates (outmates? fakemates? ) aren't really helping anyone but themselves.

And yet I watch it. Every. week.

Edited by Mamarazzi
  • Love 2