Type keyword(s) to search

Current DCCs: My Boots Do the Talking

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Pointing is safer and better technique. I've never done one in cowboy boots, but dalgal is right that stiff boots make a normal point like flexed. also when all your thinking about staying linked and landing, plus I think it does hurt, super pointy feet isn't your first thought or automatic movement. 

I know it's bad to want to flex in heels to not point and have a heel dig in, but it happened a lot to me. Either way, they 'wow' factor of landing a junk split usually detracts from a slip second 'off' moment in mid air. It probably wasn't noticeable at all live.

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Pointing is safer and better technique. I've never done one in cowboy boots, but dalgal is right that stiff boots make a normal point like flexed. also when all your thinking about staying linked and landing, plus I think it does hurt, super pointy feet isn't your first thought or automatic movement. 

I know it's bad to want to flex in heels to not point and have a heel dig in, but it happened a lot to me. Either way, they 'wow' factor of landing a junk split usually detracts from a slip second 'off' moment in mid air. It probably wasn't noticeable at all live.

I'll never see jump split again and not think "junk split." Lol

• Love 4

Wasn't there a guy who attended open auditions several years ago?  All I heard were rumors and never saw so much as a photograph to prove the existence of this mythical creature.  I would have thought that they would have at least made mention of it seeing as that men were such a big part of the early portion of the cheerleading team.  Frankly, I think they ought to bring the men back, at least in some capacity.  From what I've seen, the Baltimore Ravens are rather successful at incorporating them.  Still, the budget would have to expand if that were even to become a possibility.  There's a lot of people who like to look at just the pretty girls after watching men pound each other into the dirt for so long.  They don't want to see more guys on the field, especially since those guys would be "competition" for the attention of the women, even if it's in their own minds.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, omgtv said:

I love how Holly gives shout outs to her friends!

She actually looks terrifying on the left. Not her best pic. I want that dog, though. 

ETA: Madeline is pretty. It's her expression that's funny, that's all.

Edited by cgloss
Original comment sounded like I was downing how she looks.
  • Love 2

Omg.  Madeline looks like she's like 12 years old in that photo on the left - she really is missing the maturity factor and I bet many of the male fans feel uncomfortable watching her dance at games cause she reminds them of their daughters/jail bait.   There are 13-14 year olds in my daughter's dance classes that look more mature and would blend better among the DCCs than Madeline in that picture.   

• Love 1
On 9/11/2016 at 0:06 PM, RazzleberryPie said:

I tend to think that as professional as they appear, with that many competitive girls and that much pressure, there are a whole lot more 'mean girls' at heart than just sweeties. The really good mean girls just know when to play their cards and when to look sweet.

I agree- they put a lot of emphasis on portraying the cheerleaders being a team and them and being there for each other but really they are direct competitors.  Not only they are in competion for making the team but also making showgroup, going on appearances, being in the calendar etc.  I am sure this also includes being in Kellis and Judy's good graces even if they have to throw each other under under the bus.

Edited by missmansfield
Wrong word
  • Love 2
On 9/12/2016 at 6:47 PM, California Girl said:

Over the years some DCC have cosmetically "adjusted" their natural look, either before or during their time on the squad.  I can think of several current or former DCCs whom I suspect underwent a rhinoplasty (nose job), or a breast augmentation, some botox, facial laser treatments (bad idea, it will leave your facial contours hollowed out), or facial fillers (also a terrible idea).  

Generally speaking I do not think the young ladies should do any cosmetic procedure to change themselves.  However, I recognize that in a few cases it has slightly improved an already beautiful natural look.  

Looking at Erica's instagram photo of the DCCs lined up - hands on heart - during the playing of our National Anthem, I think that Selina (standing right next to her, but blurred) has the perfect DCC figure and hair!  I also think that she is just one subtle nose tweak away from being a DCC cover girl.  I know that is a terrible thing to say, and I really do apologize.  

So I will qualify it.  Selina looks amazing just the way she is, and she does not need to change anything about herself to live a happy, fulfilling, or successful life (she made the squad, after all).  It is just the difference - in my opinion only - between her being an already beautiful DCC versus one of their gorgeous glamour girls.   

Do you think Lacey got a nose job after her first year?  When I saw her her second year her face looked SO pretty- I thought she had one but someone said it was just makeup.

Can't get behind the Lacey critique.  I think she is next to flawless and never ever have I thought her nose looked bad or that she had weird eyes...! so crazy how people can have such differing opinions!! This board always reminds me that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  Too old and uncool to say this really but Lacey is #goals. 

• Love 8

I agree Madeline looks a little young in that uniform. It's funny though, she looks great in pictures and not young but once she puts the uniform on it's like BAM how old is she?

2 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

I agree Madeline looks a little young in that uniform. It's funny though, she looks great in pictures and not young but once she puts the uniform on it's like BAM how old is she?

I think she looks young in that pic but I haven't thought that in every one I've seen of her performing.  And sorry, i know Jenna gets mad love here (and I love her too!!) but I thought she looked young a LOT her first year and look at her now.  I think Madeline will be OK.  :)

• Love 4

I think Lacey initially looked like a young girl. When she first joined she was 18 and looked all of 14 with amazing lines. She's also a little soft spoken (which is better out of an 18 year old than a loud immature one). I think over the past few years she has grown into a lovely young woman and an amazing DCC. Because she has started so young I could possibly see her as point, but only time will tell :)

• Love 3
10 hours ago, missmansfield said:

Do you think Lacey got a nose job after her first year?  When I saw her her second year her face looked SO pretty- I thought she had one but someone said it was just makeup.

Who knows and who cares?  It could be better makeup techniques, or it could be good cosmetic surgery.   In any case, she is a beautiful young lady.  (I had my own nose "reduced" when I was sixteen -- and it is still not particularly small.)

This is a current photo of Lacey.

This is a photo of Lacey from July 2014.

Bs2j_dACcAALW5l.jpg

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, California Girl said:

Who knows and who cares?  It could be better makeup techniques, or it could be good cosmetic surgery.   In any case, she is a beautiful young lady.  (I had my own nose "reduced" when I was sixteen -- and it is still not particularly small.)

Bs2j_dACcAALW5l.jpg

I guess I'm weird - I can't see any major difference in the last two years?? She looks exactly the same - gorgeous!! Oh, I would kill for those abs...

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, California Girl said:

Bs2j_dACcAALW5l.jpg

hmmmm if it is a nose job, she should get her money back

• Love 1

I personally don't think Lacey has had any cosmetic surgery, nose job or breast augmentation. She looks the same to me. She's always been beautiful, and the DCC blouse pushes everything up so much it even makes the ones with tiny boobs look big.

• Love 4

In regards to Lacey, here are my two cents for what it is worth.  I am not pretty, never have been, never well be.  In fact friends of my now husband told him I was homely before he meet me.  I have always struggled with weight.  So when I was in the service, I had the opportunity to get a rhinoplasty (nose job) for a huge bump that had bothered me and caused others to call me a witch.  I liked the new nose and don't think it changed me drastically but did give me more confidence.  No it didn't make me into a beauty but consider there are many reasons why people choose to have surgery of which it is a personal choice.

• Love 5

I personally do not understand the stigma or judgment attached to cosmetic surgery if Lacey - or any other woman - has it done.   (Unless, of course, someone is abusing such procedures to grotesquely alter themselves -- then we can judge.)

As I mentioned above, I had a nose reduction when I was sixteen.  It was at my mother's insistence.  And you know what?  It turns out she was right, and I felt much better about myself afterwards (But my natural nose was an extreme case.  Let's just say I got my beloved daddy's nose -- great on a grown man, but not so good on a teenage girl).  If anyone asks me, and most people didn't know me back then -- so they don't ask -- I always tell them the truth, "Yes, I had a nose job."  I have told my husband, my kids, and many of my good friends.  There is nothing to be ashamed of, or embarrassed about, in choosing to have cosmetic surgery to improve some feature.

That said, I have never had a cosmetic procedure or surgery done since that one and only procedure when I was sixteen, not even botox, lasers, or fillers -- I have seen too many things go wrong.  

Edited by California Girl
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

They have to wear a bombshell bra from VS that gives them two cup sizes don't they?

But when past season Taylor was told her bra was too padded, she told Kelli she thought that was the kind of bra she was supposed to use, and Kelli gave her a "what are you talking about" look.

• Love 1
Just now, ByTor said:

But when past season Taylor was told her bra was too padded, she told Kelli she thought that was the kind of bra she was supposed to use, and Kelli gave her a "what are you talking about" look.

Yes! That was so annoying. Not everyone has huge boobs, you're the one who told them the right bra jeesh.

*none of my business* but I actually noticed Lacey's second year that she looked a little more well endowed. But I saw a few of her calendar pictures and she wasn't very busty. So I'm chalking it up to the bombshell bra. Some people mature later. And again she's what 20? Maybe her body isnt done maturing completely. 

But it her body is completely unfair in the uniform considering her lean legs and awesome abs. Jealous.

• Love 1

Another old photo of Lacey.   It is impossible to tell whether her makeup is more put together now, or whether she has an excellent plastic surgeon.  She looked beautiful a few years ago, and she continues to look beautiful -- if somewhat more confident and happier -- now.  Let's chalk up her look to a newfound maturity and confidence. 

1Nch02BY.jpeg

Edited by California Girl
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, California Girl said:

Another old photo of Lacey.   It is impossible to tell whether her makeup is more put together now, or whether she has an excellent plastic surgeon.  She looked beautiful a few years ago, and she continues to look beautiful -- if somewhat more confident and happier -- now.  Let's chalk up her look to a newfound maturity and confidence. 

1Nch02BY.jpeg

Based on this picture, I think she's had an extremely subtle nose job. Lacey is gorgeous and her body is to die for. 

I would love to get a nose job. Someday!

Hmm looks like she did get a nose job. If she didn't like her nose, it's her face. She looked gorgeous before and gorgeous now. No harm was done to anyone.

Im already thinking of having a reduction after babies myself, so no judgement on implants. I just cringe when they look really obviously fake, but some people like that look. 

Lacey's look 'new' more than anything. She's so upper body lean that hopefully she'll settle and have the look she wants. She's really pretty either way and an awesome dancer. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Btw I can spot implants a mile away, 99% of the time. The only DCC that has confused me is Holly A. Not sure if she is natural or enhanced.

I think she is. I remember Kelli asking her? Can someone point me to Jojo fletcher's surgeon cause I saw her senior pics and she was not enhanced back then.

2 hours ago, California Girl said:

That said, I have never had a cosmetic procedure or surgery done since that one and only procedure when I was sixteen, not even botox, lasers, or fillers -- I have seen too many things go wrong.  

This! I live in plastic surgery land and all their face tells me is I HAD PLASTIC SURGERY.  It doesn’t make you look younger. It makes you look like YOU HAD PLASTIC SURGERY.   Leave those gorgeous faces alone ladies.  

In addition, those breast implants?  You don’t want them after a certain age.  Trust me.  

So off topic.  Stepping off my soapbox.

:0]

Edited by PBSLover
  • Love 1