Type keyword(s) to search

Current DCCs: My Boots Do the Talking

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Wednesday 12/30 was the last rehearsal of 2015 and the last rehearsal for the full squad. Kelsey tweeted this on her twitter page:   Bittersweet week as there are a lot of "lasts" finishing this 2015.

I wonder if she is not trying out for her fifth year in May. The 2016 auditions start on May 14th for prelims.

I think she just means "lasts" for 2015.  I would think she'd want to get in her 5 years before retiring.

I dont think Kelsey will come back.

Anyone have a top three on who they think will get Rookie of the Year this season?

It's safe to say we were ALL wrong last year lol

If I had one guess I'd say Amy T, but yeah it's usually someone who's under the radar... wildcards would be Chantal or Robin as they both seem really popular.

• Love 1

Follow-up video from Jenna:

https://www.instagram.com/p/_2N-bVLXNN/?taken-by=jennalenejackson

Cute routine!

I was watching rachel in that one. Cute routine, and not the same ole, same ole moves. I liked it.

Melissa looked a little "off" to me. Not the first video where she's been a little 'off.' I know she's an amazing soloist who can kick her head or whatever, but I'm just not that impressed with her as a DCC. *ducks all the things that you guys are throwing at me*

I'm not a Melissa fan either. Lacks sex appeal. Just not hot enough to be a DCC IMO. Her swimsuit calendar photos were probably the least sexy swimsuit shots I've ever seen, and she always looks very "not done up" - like get a spray tan and put on some make-up, you're a DCC for goodness sakes, you aren't going to church! Lol - that's just what her look makes me think ;).

I think Lacey and Kenzie represent DCC glamour much better, and they are excellent technical dancers too.

• Love 1

Different strokes...I think Melissa is beautiful and it's obvious she does a great job maintaining her weight since she looks great and we know that's been a struggle for her before making the team.  She is more on the Jenny Kat level of sex appeal maybe, where they are gorgeous girls I'd kill to look like but don't have the same sexy glamour that some of the others have. 

I think Kelsey will go for five years.  I will be shocked if she does not.  The only way I can see her not doing it is if Holly quits this year and Kelsey decides she doesn't want to do it without here.  Kelsey and Holly are BFF and I'm not sure who Kelsey will really be close with without her.  Most of her 'fun times pics' on IG are with girls who are already retired. (I KNOW, we do not see everything from social media!!!) 

Holly Marie or Amy Trader seem like the most popular this rookie class but yeah, I think it will be someone under the radar like Robin or Stephanie.  I sort of feel like it will be KaShara though. 

• Love 2

I liked the Season 7 class, too. But looking back, I realized they lost a lot of girls (6!) to cuts. Maybe the most, proportionally, out of all the classes we've seen. Anyway, I hope the ones left all go 5 years. I thought it was so sad when Ally Traylor was the only girl left from her rookie class. I would think that would make you feel a little lonely.

I'm not a Melissa fan either. Lacks sex appeal. Just not hot enough to be a DCC IMO. Her swimsuit calendar photos were probably the least sexy swimsuit shots I've ever seen, and she always looks very "not done up" - like get a spray tan and put on some make-up, you're a DCC for goodness sakes, you aren't going to church! Lol - that's just what her look makes me think ;).

I agree. She just seems..boxy. Pretty, but not sexy or hot.

• Love 1

One confirmed retirement:

Kelsey Lauren ‏@DCC_Kelsey 

Today is the last time I will step on to the field in these boots. Thank you #CowboysNation for the best memories!! https://instagram.com/p/BAFOMn_BUvZ/

Cowboys Cheerleaders ‏@DCCheerleaders 

It's official! @DCC_Holly is going to the PRO BOWL!

https://twitter.com/DCCheerleaders/status/683670858200514560

Called it!

ETA: Let's be real; Kelsey would have never been point..or have gone to pro bowl..or even be a GL. All her friends will be gone, so there really isn't an incentive to stick around for a 5th year.

Edited by LadyMsJay

I could have seen Kelsey being a second GL, but yeah if she stayed another year it would've been just to say she was 5 and done. I hope Mary sticks around. I know she just recently got engaged, but she is super young still to hang up her boots. I'm finally coming around to Caila; she truly worked hard between her rookie year and 2nd vet year in upping her dance factor, and she looks less redneck trashy and more glamorous.

Who do you think will be the next point girl? I am guessing Jacie or Jennifer!!

Hopefully Jacie! If Kinzie sticks around for another season, I can see her coming into Jacie's spot if Jacie is point..which I am willing to bet money that she will be.

• Love 2

I will miss Holly, Angela, and Kelsey as well. I will especially miss Holly, as I think she has been the perfect representation of DCC. Even as a rookie, she seemed to be a perfect fit.

I also think Jacie will be point dancer if she tries out again.

I think they will make Jacie point if she comes back and then as soon as Jacie retires it will be Jenn K. if she's still around.

I will really miss Kelsey, but LadyMSJay makes good points - I think she has always had other responsibilities that prevented her from doing leadership roles/GL stuff so I think most of that was her choice. She was a great DCC and I liked her on the show a lot.

What does going to the Pro Bowl involve?

When Whitney went I think there was video of Kelli making the announcement and saying that it was a lot of work because you need to learn several new routines to perform during the week and during the game.

SO excited that Holly is pro bowl!!! I just knew she'd be retiring this year and this is an honor she truly deserves...I know some people don't think she's anything special but I love watching her perform and she has the DCC look to a T.  Go Holly!!! 

Really sad about Kelsey retiring but I did see she is moving in with Roni and Nicole so it makes sense she is ready to move on to other things.  Angela we knew was going to retire this year and I can't say I'm surprised about Ashley...just so many injuries.  :(  Waiting now to see if Danielle and Rachel confirm retirements as well.  Rachel I would bet on but REALLY hoping Danielle stays at least one more year!! 

Ashley confirmed she's retiring

Interesting how her declaration photo on Instagram also featured Rachel and Paige in the shot. I really hope this doesn't mean Paige is also retiring, though many of us are certain that it's Rachel's last year.

Damn...all these great girls. It's kind of sad. I hope Danielle doesn't retire but these girls work so hard and put so much into this organization.  When they retire, they can actually start living their lives...if you know what I mean.

• Love 1

Looks like Emma was part of the pregame performance (Judy tweeted a picture with Emma in her uniform along with some of the other girls.)

Was just coming here to post about that.  Wonder who she was in for?  So what's the full list of retirees as we know it?

I don't think Melissa's post necessarily means she is retiring. A few other girls made similar posts . It just means it's the last game day of this season with this particular group of girls . That's what I got out of it anyway.

• Love 3

I kind of wonder if Melissa will be even more happy to stay now that she wont have to balance school work with it? Though I guess a job in her field would be even more demanding so forget that idea LOL  I don't think she is retiring though.  I think she will stay at least another year.