Type keyword(s) to search

Current DCCs: My Boots Do the Talking

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

6 hours ago, California Girl said:

Jaclyn and rookie Tess (and not second-year vet Bess) are the two DCC I always mix up.  Jax at left, and Tess at right.

Geez her head is huge.

5 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

(In response to someone asking if she's returning) 

Team Holly and all, but girl please. You basically mean yes.

bqZpW.gif

LMFAOOO basically. Like, girl...we know you live for this. YES like shit.

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, California Girl said:

Why is Jenna not auditioning for another year?  She is still very young, she is an amazing dance, and if she stayed one more year she could be group 1 leader, point, PBC, or veteran of the year.  

I think that is a very fair question.  Perhaps she just wants her life back?  A cheeseburger, french fries, hamburger steak with onions and gravy, fried chicken, mashed potatoes, biscuits and gravy with bacon--things like that.

Edited by parrotfeathers
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

I think that is a very fair question.  Perhaps she just wants her life back?  A cheeseburger, french fries, hamburger steak with onions and gravy, fried chicken, mashed potatoes, biscuits and gravy with bacon--things like that.

Damn! Im hungry now! 

• Love 1

Jenna's done five years, and if she wants to continue to be a professional dancer, she's in her prime. If she has other opportunities, I wouldn't blame her for taking them now while she can, instead of hanging around Dallas for a few more years.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

I'd be thrilled to see Megan and Amy T go this year. There's no reason their kind of bitchery and chubbery should be in a DCC uni.

I agree with @ByTor - what's this about Amy T? Spill them deets, honey! 

• Love 1
14 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

She's way out of their league if we're talking about dance ability. Style yes, but more DCRB. The Mavs choreo and team has gone downhill. 

I know DCRB is not as 'big deal' as DCC and it's too bad because I agree, Holly is so PERFECT for their choreography! It would be the ideal fit for her but I know there is so much more prestige and opportunity with DCC.  

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

I know DCRB is not as 'big deal' as DCC and it's too bad because I agree, Holly is so PERFECT for their choreography! It would be the ideal fit for her but I know there is so much more prestige and opportunity with DCC.  

Last year she did a lot of their prep classes and just fit in so perfectly with them. I'm still wondering why they weren't asked to be included in the half time show.

And I do like Raylee in that vid...I think she is a cute dancer and has improved a lot...plus gorgeous girl.  But Maddie man, she is incredible.

1 minute ago, heatherrrrz said:

She's so awesome. I saw her in Caila's vid too for a bit. I feel like Caila was trying too hard.

Her facials were what turned me off.  I think she was hitting the dance but her facials were just too awkward.  I think it has to be hard to dance next to Maddie in that song, I'd be throwing myself off balance trying to match her energy LOL 

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

And I do like Raylee in that vid...I think she is a cute dancer and has improved a lot...plus gorgeous girl.  But Maddie man, she is incredible.

Her facials were what turned me off.  I think she was hitting the dance but her facials were just too awkward.  I think it has to be hard to dance next to Maddie in that song, I'd be throwing myself off balance trying to match her energy LOL 

Raylee was really good too! Yeah, I agree I think that's what was throwing me off. I would move so that I'm not dancing next to Maddie cause I'd look REALLYYYY bad lol

2 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

@tobeyoungagain just thought I'd torture you as I was tortured reading this.....misery loves company.

mean heiffa!  lol ... wow that sounds so good.  I'm eating chips right now and it's still morning.  But don't worry I also have a BEC sandwich on my desk

1 hour ago, heatherrrrz said:

She's so awesome. I saw her in Caila's vid too for a bit. I feel like Caila was trying too hard.

really?  I dunno why but I sometimes feel like she's trying too hard.  like physically too hard and ends up looking a tad messy.

1 hour ago, LaurenBrook said:

wait where's the caila video w/ maddie?

12 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

mean heiffa!  lol ... wow that sounds so good.  I'm eating chips right now and it's still morning.  But don't worry I also have a BEC sandwich on my desk

really?  I dunno why but I sometimes feel like she's trying too hard.  like physically too hard and ends up looking a tad messy.

wait where's the caila video w/ maddie?

you can just see Maddie a little in it: 

17 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

GASP! Caila over Maddie? That's just unheard of in my book lol

LOL!  I do hope she tries out again ... dunno why but I'm a fan of hers.  I think she's a great dancer and it's ridiculous they thought her weight was unacceptable when I would categorize her more as thick vs. Megan who is soft and has dem rolls.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, tobeyoungagain said:

LOL!  I do hope she tries out again ... dunno why but I'm a fan of hers.  I think she's a great dancer and it's ridiculous they thought her weight was unacceptable when I would categorize her more as thick vs. Megan who is soft and has dem rolls.

I have a feeling it was more than the weight thing.

I wonder how the judges really feel about returning vets who have been cut at finals before. It just seems like they really don't want them back. I liked Caila and would like to see her back. Would she have to sit with the rookies at training camp or could she sit with the vets?

• Love 1
1 minute ago, LaurelleJ said:

I wonder how the judges really feel about returning vets who have been cut at finals before. It just seems like they really don't want them back. I liked Caila and would like to see her back. Would she have to sit with the rookies at training camp or could she sit with the vets?

woooo good question!  I wonder if shelly knows the answer?  Didn't she take a break in her DCC tenure?

I'm doing this zumba on crack dance class right now - takes no skills but it's a lot of jumping around (think jazzercise on speed).  I think I broke my ankle trying to leap a grape vine

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Also I think they feel differently about cheerleaders who voluntarily leave and come back versus the ones who are not invited back to training camp and then come back to try again. The latter is what makes me go hmmmm. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Yep. 

Which is why unless she's stopped partying and all that stuff, I don't expect to see her back.

I believe a former DCC who was cut or decided not to try out again would be considered a TC Candidate and not a vet because technically she was not a vet when she tried out again. In otherwords, she will be setting with the TCCs and not the vets during Training Camp.

Didn't Erica Perry get cut at finals during the two hour special and make it back in season 1? I've never seen the two hour special but a couple of people who have seen it have pointed this out in the past. Maybe she just didn't audition that year, I don't know. Erica was treated as a vet in season 1 even though she wasn't on the team the year prior. I went to check her My Favorite Cheerleader profile and it redirected to Pompedia. I could only find the team rosters and Erica is on the 2004 roster and 2006 but not 2005. Granted that situation might be treated differently today, but she's listed as a vet on the 2006 roster and I remember her being with the vets that year on the show.

Also there's the Whitney Ott situation. She left for a year for one reason or another and came back as a vet. Other than those two I don't think anyone who was cut or left and tried to come back ever made it past finals, at least while the show has been airing.

@QuiteContraryMoni this is reminding me of the time you were so convinced that Kristi Stillwell's name was Debra and then everyones' name was Debra. My coworkers are giving me funny looks again.

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

Raylee was really good too! Yeah, I agree I think that's what was throwing me off. I would move so that I'm not dancing next to Maddie cause I'd look REALLYYYY bad lol

She had no energy next to Madeline.

• Love 1

Erica Perry got cut at the 2005 finals, came back the next year and made training camp.  Whitney Ott left for 2 years to have a baby.  She came back and made the squad but she is one of the best dancers the DCC ever had in my opinion. Such a natural dancer.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

Erica Perry got cut at the 2005 finals, came back the next year and made training camp.  Whitney Ott left for 2 years to have a baby.  She came back and made the squad but she is one of the best dancers the DCC ever had in my opinion. Such a natural dancer.

I knew I wasn't crazy.

Well, that's a stretch, but moving on.

I so agree that Raylee had no energy next to Maddie. I like Raylee because she seems sweet and sincere, but I wouldn't call her a power dancer by any means.

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 3

Couple of things to contribute 

1) Maddie > Caila. Cailas dancing like she's got something to prove to the girl next to her that might have taken her spot on the team lol. 

2) if I was put next to Maddie in a dance class I'd probably just go home lol face it you're gonna look like a hot mess next to her. 

3) I think all the hair flips in that routine have made Maddie look like weird al when he has curly hair. Normally I love her hair but Google it, I'm not wrong. 

4) if the vet took time off to do other stuff or whatever and came back to try out again, that's one thing. However if a vets been cut for weight gain or poor performance or whatever reason, I'd want to know if they wanted it badly enough to come back after being humiliated (let's face it, being cut after multiple years is a bit embarrassing), why didn't they take it seriously in the first place? Why should they be given a second chance when they didn't care enough the first time round, when there's girls out there that would jump through any hoop put in front of them? 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, PBSLover said:

Whitney went through TC as a rookie candidate again on the 2 hr special, but then I think they either called her a 2 year vet (maybe 3) when they started the first season. Like they sort of went ahead and counted all of her time, instead of starting her over from the beginning, if that makes sense.

i agree - she may be the best overall dancer I've seen come through the DCC. I think Kitty? had a clip up with her last year and she still outdanced everyone in the class. Her daughter shouldn't be more than four or five years away from audition age now. Now there's a legacy to watch for. 

• Love 1
16 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Whitney went through TC as a rookie candidate again on the 2 hr special, but then I think they either called her a 2 year vet (maybe 3) when they started the first season. Like they sort of went ahead and counted all of her time, instead of starting her over from the beginning, if that makes sense.

i agree - she may be the best overall dancer I've seen come through the DCC. I think Kitty? had a clip up with her last year and she still outdanced everyone in the class. Her daughter shouldn't be more than four or five years away from audition age now. Now there's a legacy to watch for. 

wooooo curious now who this whitney ott is?  anyone have a clip of her dancing?  I don't remember her at all ... what season was she?

• Love 1
22 hours ago, QuiteContraryMoni said:

Really? NOTHING grosses me out more. I was a CNA for a while and the ONLY thing I couldn't handle was spit/face food. Shit, piss, barf, all day long. Face food? NOPE.

Yeah...it’s a long story.  HA!

6 hours ago, tobeyoungagain said:

wooooo curious now who this whitney ott is?  anyone have a clip of her dancing?  I don't remember her at all ... what season was she?

In the original opening of DCC: MTT, Whitney was the featured dancer.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, PBSLover said:

In the original opening of DCC: MTT, Whitney was the featured dancer.

She was one of the featured stories in the 2 hour special, then in the first season. Featured as a single mom, had been show group but the bio said she left for a couple of years to address an eating disorder. Also had a baby during that time. I think she stayed on as an all star after that. I don't blame her for skipping to be an All Star if she had a small child to raise. If her daughter was 2 during that original special, she's probably close to 12 or 13 now.

Edited by RazzleberryPie
3 hours ago, tobeyoungagain said:

thanks!  wow I don't remember her at all ... weird.

I'm thinking I didn't start with MTT until Season 2.  What year was that and what years did Whitney O cheer? Also what year was Whitney I a rookie?

Edited by DCCFanInKy

Holly p and maddie (Maddie said it) confirmed that they will both reaudition next year. They also are going to see hidden figures. Saw it today myself, amazing movie. those two are the cutest! 

Edited by LaurelleJ
  • Love 3
On 1/18/2017 at 1:25 PM, HowdeeDo said:

Retiring

JennK, Danielle, Jessica, Jenna, Bess?(based on an insta post)

Returning

Heather H, Maggie, Amy L, Erica, Holly, Maddie, Kelsey, Kelli Q

TBC

Edited by HowdeeDo