Type keyword(s) to search

Current DCCs: My Boots Do the Talking

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, Harrythecat said:

Maybe Holly sharing her purple dress with Jenn for interviews has a message.  One point girl to the next?  

I can't say that I didn't think the same thing for a second. Maybe a "good luck" for point or probowl..or veteran of the year..who knows.

..or maybe just a good friend lol

• Love 3

Well, Jessica Marie confirmed this is her last year and like Danielle she is stopping after she makes the 5 year club.  I wonder what Jenna will decide to do? Stay on since she is still so young and go for 7 like her BFF or move on to something else? 

• Love 1

So glad Jessica, Danielle, and Jenna came back for a fifth year!

I could see Jenna doing a couple more years! She is very young and in awesome shape!

• Love 1
6 hours ago, Harrythecat said:

The only retiring vets with DCC twitters are Jacie Kelsey and Holly.  Only 3 all,stars I guess?

those are great ones to do it!! I guess Angela either was not interested or not asked...I kinda thought she'd be one. 

9 hours ago, Harrythecat said:

The only retiring vets with DCC twitters are Jacie Kelsey and Holly.  Only 3 all,stars I guess?

Not anymore. Kelsey is the only one left. 

none of the current all stars have DCC Twitter handles though. I'll be amazed if they don't keep Holly as an all star (unless she's moving or something) 

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 7:46 PM, LaurenBrook said:
On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 5:06 PM, tobeyoungagain said:

Something about Danielle makes me feel like she's too cool for school (or so she thinks).  I agree with Kitty that she's more interested in flipping her hair than anything.

Bummed Mary is retiring ... she really had such a nice unique look

You realize Kitty saying Danielle was more interested in flipping her hair was in S7, right? I think that was more of a nervous tic that anything. 

I'm sad Mary retired too. I really liked her, though we didn't get to see much of her in S9.

• Love 3
On 5/20/2016 at 6:04 PM, Oranaiche said:

Hahaha that's amazing. I need to start using Instagram more so I can get to know the girls more. Seems like that's where their personalities come out the most in terms of social media platforms.

What's up with Jacie in that pic? Either bad timing or she'd had enough already, lol.

• Love 1
On May 19, 2016 at 11:44 AM, SusieG said:

Not sure if this is right thread or if this has been covered already but does anyone have any further intel on the logistics of training camp? I have so many questions! :) Do Kelli and Judy watch them every night, or are evaluations only once a week? Rehearsals are several hours long - assume the group leaders take lead for most of the night and K and J come in at end? Where do the assistants like Shelly Bramhall and Shelly Roper McCaslin come in? I assume beyond the social media training they also get media trained on how to answer tough or obnoxious questions from fans or reporters - would love to see that! 

I think I have a few of your answers.  K&J only come once a week I believe if not less.  you can google Kalli Fullerton DCC and she writes about how she only saw those two women 5 or 6 times in 7 weeks.  The rest of camp is taught by the asst choreos and group leaders.  CMT makes it look like k&j are always there and they are rarely there. 

If Kelli and Judy are only showing up a handful of times during Training Camp, then I can see how the girls would be nervous.  However, to combat that, they should be practicing every spare moment so that when those two DO show up, one can almost go on autopilot or treat it like an end of the year performance at whatever dance school you attended and you've been practicing all year.

• Love 2

Yeah Kelli and Judy are not there very much at all apparently! On the show it looks like they say for a girl to make a correction and cut her the next day for not making the correction. When in reality, there's probably at least 5-7 days between them saying the correction and the cut being made.

I THINK that's why being a group leader/second leader/point girl is such a big thing, between them they basically run the practice sessions. 

• Love 2
16 hours ago, Kaedee said:

You realize Kitty saying Danielle was more interested in flipping her hair was in S7, right? I think that was more of a nervous tic that anything. 

I'm sad Mary retired too. I really liked her, though we didn't get to see much of her in S9.

Yes, and CMT really ran with it.  Almost every clip showed her diddling with her hair.  She seems very sweet and I wonder if this sort of embarrassed her.

11 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

Yes, and CMT really ran with it.  Almost every clip showed her diddling with her hair.  She seems very sweet and I wonder if this sort of embarrassed her.

It probably did...playing with my hair is something I do without thinking and get called out on it :-P I also will always remember Lauren Conrad on the Hills getting yelled at first season for playing with her hair and you know, I don't remember her doing it so much after! LOL 

4 hours ago, JC123 said:

Yeah Kelli and Judy are not there very much at all apparently! On the show it looks like they say for a girl to make a correction and cut her the next day for not making the correction. When in reality, there's probably at least 5-7 days between them saying the correction and the cut being made.

I THINK that's why being a group leader/second leader/point girl is such a big thing, between them they basically run the practice sessions. 

I wonder if all the girls practice together, or if they have separate group practices? and if so, how do they decide who practices where? 

1 hour ago, parrotfeathers said:

They did run with it, didn't they? lol  She probably never realized how much she did that until she saw the episode. No one really notices their nervous ticks till someone points them out. I don't think I've seen her do that since. Of course, she started parting her hair in the middle, thus eliminating the side sweep. :)

• Love 1

If you watch the live Facebook stream chat Danielle did on the swim shoot this year she was fiddling with her hair so much in the whole chat. She was clearly nervous when she was doing the chat though. But she still does it a lot. 

But i do totally agree about CMT literally just showcased a huge amount of times she was caught fiddling with her hair. I always thought she should have had her hair cut a bit shorter that year so she didn't have the temptation to fiddle with it all the time. 

If the fiddling is a nervous tick, which it appears to be, she'd have to have a pixie cut in order to not fiddle! lol  Don't think she'd go for that, nor would DCC.

I didn't mean to stop the fiddling fully but if her hair was cut just down from her shoulders it wouldn't have been so easy for her to fiddle with all the time. That's what I meant. And I don't so much agree with the hair having to be pixie short to stop the fiddling at all. 

I fiddle with my hair too but when I cut it shorter to my shoulders I don't as often. I feel when you have long hair and you can see it when you get nervous the longer it is the easier it is to fiddle with and they didn't really cut Danielle's hair her rookie year and they should have just a bit so she wasn't always touching it. It was a distraction and so when she got nervous she kept touching it. 

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, NFLSweethearts said:

I didn't mean to stop the fiddling fully but if her hair was cut just down from her shoulders it wouldn't have been so easy for her to fiddle with all the time. That's what I meant. And I don't so much agree with the hair having to be pixie short to stop the fiddling at all. 

I fiddle with my hair too but when I cut it shorter to my shoulders I don't as often. I feel when you have long hair and you can see it when you get nervous the longer it is the easier it is to fiddle with and they didn't really cut Danielle's hair her rookie year and they should have just a bit so she wasn't always touching it. It was a distraction and so when she got nervous she kept touching it. 

I was just making a joke regarding the pixie cut. :)

3 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

It probably did...playing with my hair is something I do without thinking and get called out on it :-P I also will always remember Lauren Conrad on the Hills getting yelled at first season for playing with her hair and you know, I don't remember her doing it so much after! LOL 

I wonder if all the girls practice together, or if they have separate group practices? and if so, how do they decide who practices where? 

I remember someone commenting in a blog that there were rookie practices and show group practices, in addition to the whole squad practice.  During the whole group practice is when the groups break off and if they want to practice more, then they meet up at a different time. 

6 minutes ago, caligirl50 said:

I saw him at Starbuck’s when he was in LA for Dancing with The Stars.  He came off as an angry short guy.

From what I've heard from friends in Dallas, you basically summed him up perfectly.

• Love 1

That guy is a total loser. After his stint on the Bachelorette in 2009 (shortly before he was cast as the Bachelor) he returned to Dallas and was my partybus driver at prom. Why he was working as a chauffeur instead of a pilot, I have no idea. He was creepy as hell to all the girls. Mind you, we were all 17-18 years old. 

Anyway, I hope Chantal isn't dating him. He is literally a serial dater in Dallas.

• Love 3

Still so bummed about Mary and Jacie (I know get over it lol) ... hope Jacie lets us in on "his plan" for her and the next great chapter!

I didn't realize Danielle and Jessica were only looking at 5 years.  Wonder what Danielle will do after DCC ... she's done professional cheerleading for so long..wonder what her career will be.  Is she dating anyone?  Maybe marriage - who knows.

OK - can we just agree how haaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwttttttt Jessica's boyfriend is????!!!

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

Still so bummed about Mary and Jacie (I know get over it lol) ... hope Jacie lets us in on "his plan" for her and the next great chapter!

I didn't realize Danielle and Jessica were only looking at 5 years.  Wonder what Danielle will do after DCC ... she's done professional cheerleading for so long..wonder what her career will be.  Is she dating anyone?  Maybe marriage - who knows.

OK - can we just agree how haaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwttttttt Jessica's boyfriend is????!!!

I know! I wonder about Danielle too and if she will move back home since Jasmine is no longer in Dallas, her roomie Paige moved in with Jeff, and she has a niece or nephew now too. Will be interesting to see. 

Jessica's bf is super cute but I still think Roni wins lol 

• Love 1
On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 5:00 PM, LaurenBrook said:

Ok just looking at pictures on the girls' IGs from last finals day and saw this one Lacey put up...OMG...not sure how I missed it last year but I'm dying!!...she is hilarious!! Definitely one of my favorite DCCs!

wow Mary is really thin - great figure.  Angela looks a bit thick in this picture (thick meaning she looks normal lol).  Danielle looks a little soft.  How tall is Lacey?  She has the figure of a very young girl (or slim boy).  Erica is really beautiful.

And thus ends my catty comments.  :)

• Love 1
1 hour ago, tobeyoungagain said:

wow Mary is really thin - great figure.  Angela looks a bit thick in this picture (thick meaning she looks normal lol).  Danielle looks a little soft.  How tall is Lacey?  She has the figure of a very young girl (or slim boy).  Erica is really beautiful.

And thus ends my catty comments.  :)

Considering Lacey used Holly's legs in the top photo, I wouldn't take her photoshopped figure too seriously haha. She is really thin, but I still think she looks womanly. Angela and Danielle are two mysteries to me. Always seemed thick, and while they've been called out for it, I've never seen any improvements or further repercussions. Meanwhile, people like Holly and KaShara are expected to have washboard abs...

I'm wondering if Danielle and Jessica will go for a 6th year. Jenna might, as she started DCC at 18. But Danielle was with the Jets before DCC, for 3 years, right? That's 8 years pro cheerleading, 5 of those years with the dreaded jump split. But she seems to really love it, and you can only dance for a certain amount of years. I wonder if she'll go for 6 years...

1 hour ago, Kaedee said:

I'm wondering if Danielle and Jessica will go for a 6th year. Jenna might, as she started DCC at 18. But Danielle was with the Jets before DCC, for 3 years, right? That's 8 years pro cheerleading, 5 of those years with the dreaded jump split. But she seems to really love it, and you can only dance for a certain amount of years. I wonder if she'll go for 6 years...

She said during her interview on the Mexico trip that she's retiring after this year...she wants to get five in and then she's done.  Jessica just said on IG that this is her final training camp. So unless they pull an Angela and decide literally last minute to audition, they have confirmed this is it. Jenna, I can see her going 6 or 7. 

• Love 2

Yeah I'll be surprised if Jenna doesn't at least try to stay as long as Sydney. I can see Jen K going for 5 years as well as a few others. I still wish Mary had stayed longer ? she definitely would have made point girl at some stage. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, JC123 said:

Yeah I'll be surprised if Jenna doesn't at least try to stay as long as Sydney. I can see Jen K going for 5 years as well as a few others. I still wish Mary had stayed longer ? she definitely would have made point girl at some stage. 

I could see Mary being an all-star this year! or do they HAVE to have three years on squad? I can never remember the 'rule.' I guess it would depend on what current all-stars decide to leave...so far we know Jackie has and I'm pretty sure Megan McVey is hanging it up too but I could has misinterpreted. 

I may be mistaken but I believe they ask the girls to be a 3 year vet minimum to be an All Star, however a few years back they didn't have quite enough girls available so Carisa Rose and Olivia Sharber were asked even though they were only two year vets. 

• Love 1

I always thought it was 5 years? But they probably change the rules as and when they need to (or when there was a girl they particularly liked and wanted to keep them all). 

Kelli sad three years is the usually the requirement to be an All-Star. Jackie and Meagan have turned in their uniforms, so they will not be All-Stars anymore. The other All-Stars are Emma, Mia, Katy, Nicole, and Veronica. Ashley F. was one also, but her baby girl is due in August.

59 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Kelli sad three years is the usually the requirement to be an All-Star. Jackie and Meagan have turned in their uniforms, so they will not be All-Stars anymore. The other All-Stars are Emma, Mia, Katy, Nicole, and Veronica. Ashley F. was one also, but her baby girl is due in August.

Thanks! I bet Emma will do it again and Katy and probably Nicole?? Veronica seems really busy with her new job so I'm wondering if she'll be done.  When is Mia getting married? 

On 5/11/2016 at 4:19 PM, heatherrrrz said:

If Jenn gets it this year, she's more likely to do it for two years like Holly unless she retires after this year.

She was going to retire after her 3rd year. I know I saw her in the annual retire cheerleader pic on someones Instagram. I wonder why she changed her mind. 

23 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

I know! I wonder about Danielle too and if she will move back home since Jasmine is no longer in Dallas, her roomie Paige moved in with Jeff, and she has a niece or nephew now too. Will be interesting to see. 

Jessica's bf is super cute but I still think Roni wins lol 

Okaayy, Is it just me...this is not the same boyfriend she had when she started her Rookie year. I know this because I follow them all religiously. This one is definitely an upgrade from the last one. Gorgeous!!

Yes, Veronica's bf is also HOT!

48 minutes ago, DCCFAN71 said:

Okaayy, Is it just me...this is not the same boyfriend she had when she started her Rookie year. I know this because I follow them all religiously. This one is definitely an upgrade from the last one. Gorgeous!!

Yes, Veronica's bf is also HOT!

Kelsey Bond posted a pic recently of her with her dog and a dude and someone was like social media official!!! he also looked pretty cute. I dont think it's the hockey player she was dating before. 

On 5/2/2016 at 0:59 PM, tobeyoungagain said:

She's a great dancer but chica is thiiicccccckkkk!  Nothing wrong with that (in real life) ... plenty of folks like women with meat on their bones.  But it's not very DCC friendly.  She doesn't look soft or have the rolls that some of the cut vets (like Hannah or Breelan) had but she still looks thick.  I think if K&J were "fair", they would give her a big warning and count it was a strike against inviting her back.  I mean, look how lean Holly P. got ... shows it's possible!

Is Caila year 2 vet or is she a rookie this past year?

Agreed on the thickness. I actually think she loos awkward dancing. To me you can tell she is trying too hard which makes it look un-natural. 

On 5/25/2016 at 4:11 PM, caligirl50 said:

Jake dated Morgan for a while.  Maybe he got to know some of the Dallas dance community?

Good opinion, however, I beg to differ..that dress she is wearing says it all. It looks to me like they are dating.

Kelli sad three years is the usually the requirement to be an All-Star.

That's a requirement? If they make you an all-star you have to commit to three years? That seems odd. I would think that being an all star would be treated like an honor that has to be "earned" every year, like every other little thing they do.

10 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

That's a requirement? If they make you an all-star you have to commit to three years? That seems odd. I would think that being an all star would be treated like an honor that has to be "earned" every year, like every other little thing they do.

That's the requirement to be an all star, you have to have three years on the team then you can retire and be an all star. If you've been there for two seasons then retire, you aren't qualified.

It's a loose requirement. There have been girls who haven't had three years under their belt who have been al stars, so it just depends on how many girls are available for the job.