Type keyword(s) to search

Current DCCs: My Boots Do the Talking

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

I don't think it's one they use in the show i think it's the ones they use in the games, i think they filmed a new intro for the show last year but they didn't use

I bet Judy wants to keep the old one just because Cassie's in it lol

OMG excatly what i thought haha

The old intro with Megan Fox and Christina Parker ran for a couple of years after they retired.  The new one they made for the new stadium ran awhile as well, but this last one with Ashley T, Kelsi R, Brittney E - that has been playing forever!!  They really should do a new one every year. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I wish they had taped a new one earlier too. Every year might be hard, but at least every two to three so that most of the vets have a chance to be featured. It's so sad to me that vets like Brittney S. Nicole, and Sydney, Mia, Jackie Bob, Mackenzie...and others.... missed being featured. But at least Cassie was up there for over a decade. Smh.

Edited by English Teacher
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I was looking at the current squad photo and wondered why I missed seeing some of these girls.  I would love to have known more about Samantha (two-year vet), Paige (two-year vet), Rachel (two-year vet), Jennfer E (three-year vet), Jennifer A (teo-year vet), Jessica P (two-year vet), Jessica M (two-year vet), Ashley H (two year vet), Jordan (three year vet), heck most of the squad that WASN'T featured on MTT.  It seems that most, if not all, of the girls who are "featured" on the show are usually one-and-dones or drop off the face of the earth and are never head from again on the show.  These girls are beautiful and wonderful performers and I'd like to know who they are!  I know the strugglers and the stragglers make for better television, but at least do more than show us the "background" dancers.  Show us the rest of the team as well as the rest.

I know the conventional wisdom is the strugglers make for better television, but not for me.  The Morgan show a couple years ago just annoyed me, as did the Breelan show this year.  I love the segments where they talk about things the girls have had to overcome, like Jasmine's club foot or Jen K's childhood illness, etc.  But show us the girls who have good stories and are also fantastic dancers - that to me is great television.  Not Judy yelling at girls who are clearly struggling.  Ugh.

I don't mind seeing some of the struggle--it's all part of making the DCC, after all--but ITA, it would be great to see more background and intros on more of the girls who DO make the team.  I know we've said this before, but, DUH, CMT, take note, please!  I also would love to see more of the group leaders and their seconds working with each other and their groups.  These are the cheerleaders that the DCC and K & J think most highly of, as performers, ambassadors, and young ladies, and I'm so curious about the work they do, like on nights that K & J aren't there, how they help struggling rookies, and I especially would love to see/know more about Holly as point girl and leader of group 1.  She's so overlooked on the show almost every season, and she seems so talented, sweet, and down to earth.

• Love 2

I don't mind seeing some of the struggle--it's all part of making the DCC, after all--but ITA, it would be great to see more background and intros on more of the girls who DO make the team.  I know we've said this before, but, DUH, CMT, take note, please!  I also would love to see more of the group leaders and their seconds working with each other and their groups.  These are the cheerleaders that the DCC and K & J think most highly of, as performers, ambassadors, and young ladies, and I'm so curious about the work they do, like on nights that K & J aren't there, how they help struggling rookies, and I especially would love to see/know more about Holly as point girl and leader of group 1.  She's so overlooked on the show almost every season, and she seems so talented, sweet, and down to earth.

Yes yes yes! I agree. I also felt that way about Emma. 

I totally agree, LadyMsJay!  Hopefully, they'll feature Jacie, Jenna, and Jessica more too, since they are leaders/seconds now.  I repeat myself on this one, but I am such a fan of Jenna's, and have been since her first audition.  I was really rooting for her, and Jessica, to be chosen as seconds last season.  Jenna has had more screen time than Jessica, but it's clear what a great dancer Jessica is too, and how much K & J have liked and respected her since day 1.  I must say, even though we've been discussing the team's decrease in diversity with the departure of ladies like Veronica, Kim, and Jasmine, the group leaders and seconds are quite the diverse bunch.  Two African American (one mixed-race) ladies, one Asian American, and two international ladies out of eight is not bad!  

• Love 1

So are they going to be on the show next week?

Yes. I can't wait to see Nicole S and Cheryl Burke in uniform and doing the jumpsplit! I've watched the show before and it's awesome to see behind the scenes shots of how each Celebrity learns their "task." I wonder which DCC will teach Nicole and Cheryl the kick, and actually get the most camera/speaking time

I totally agree, LadyMsJay! Hopefully, they'll feature Jacie, Jenna, and Jessica more too, since they are leaders/seconds now. I repeat myself on this one, but I am such a fan of Jenna's, and have been since her first audition. I was really rooting for her, and Jessica, to be chosen as seconds last season. Jenna has had more screen time than Jessica, but it's clear what a great dancer Jessica is too, and how much K & J have liked and respected her since day 1. I must say, even though we've been discussing the team's decrease in diversity with the departure of ladies like Veronica, Kim, and Jasmine, the group leaders and seconds are quite the diverse bunch. Two African American (one mixed-race) ladies, one Asian American, and two international ladies out of eight is not bad!

Who is Asian American?

Oh I didn't know that about Jessica. I assumed Hispanic. Thanks

There other Jessica is Indian american.

Totally agree , i don't think holly ever even talked on the show and she is like the team captain.

There other Jessica is Indian american.

Totally agree , i don't think holly ever even talked on the show and she is like the team captain.

The Jessica who just got married is Indian? Didn't know that either.

Haha I guess I always thought of the American Girl doll, Josephina Montoya, who lived on a Mexican rancho in Santa Fe, NM when I considered Jessica's background! I believe NM is where she grew up...?

i think you just mean how she tagged the one clip with #veterandancemove that had the hip/arm move that they ALL seemed to do, no matter what style dance?? that is hilarious if they really did plan that as an inside joke!!

• Love 2

http://www.5pointsblue.com/rachel-dcc-training-camp-is-90-mental-and-10-physical/?campaign=social_20150629_48252906&adbid=10152867888126035&adbpl=fb&adbpr=181648811034

Don't know if this has been posted anywhere else yet but this is a pretty neat interview with Rachel about some aspects of DCC

thanks for sharing!

And I do really like Rachel and think she is pretty but I do not like her cameo photo...her eyes look so small or something? I just feel like it does not do her justice!!

Not an good picte...and while the article was interesting, I wonder if the organization will have a problem with the implication that the cheerleaders have it harder than the players. I actually agree with that sentiment...but the execs seem to get very ...sensitive about any perceived slight (e.g., melissa kellerman and the cute tweet)

• Love 1

Caila had a super dorky high school boyfriend when she made the team I thought there's nooooo way he's going to last sure enough she just posted a pic of her new man! I also noticed Breelan deleted a bunch of pictures of her and Ashley P (there's still quite a few though) wonder if they're still friends?? She also deleted the pic of her new tattoo....

• Love 1

Speaking of Caila, I don't think we've given her enough credit lol.

I was creeping through her insta pics and she has several pictures of her as point girl when she was a TSD. Check out this video of them. Terrible choreography aside, Caila is so sassy and captivating to look at, while Ashley Pro is in the back row trying to keep up.

https://instagram.com/p/h9UI0jjmar/

Also, this. Wow! https://instagram.com/p/cuwilgjmSi/

She's not one of the technical dancers, but she obviously has great showmanship! (Something Breelan and Ashley Pro lacked)

I was creeping through her insta pics and she has several pictures of her as point girl when she was a TSD. Check out this video of them. Terrible choreography aside, Caila is so sassy and captivating to look at, while Ashley Pro is in the back row trying to keep up.

https://instagram.com/p/h9UI0jjmar/

That's former TCC Mallory on the right of Calia. Ashley looks like she's struggling and I'm sure their choreography wasn't as complicated as the DCC.

Found these short vids of Mary dancing.  https://instagram.com/p/2qtePZiQjL/?taken-by=murdill

https://instagram.com/p/2qt_QsCQkV/?taken-by=murdill

She's a very clean and sassy dancer, and I hope a DCC for years to come.  Thought I'd share since we've commented on how little we saw of her last season.  I also saw an Instagram pic that Caila posted wishing Mary a happy birthday (can't find it now), and saying what she most loves about Mary is that she wants to help people be the best version of themselves.  Mary just sounds, looks, and dances like an amazing young lady of class and substance--just wish we got to see more of it on the show!  Hope we hear from her this season.

• Love 3

Yeah, Mary is hands down one of the most loved members onthe squad...the birthday love from all the girls was intense and they almost all said something along the lines of "THE sweetest most helping person i know!!!" or "mama mary" so she must just be awesome.  I think her dancing is OK but obviously it's good enough for her to make SG! (right? think I saw her)

Agreed on Caila...she has obviously worked SO hard to improve and grown in her personality and maturity.  I had no idea she had skills like that either! (C jump...I think it looks better than Melissa's!)  I think her body is amazing too though I was afraid they'd think her legs are too muscular for their leannnnnn look :-P