Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: All Rise

Message added by Meredith Quill

Community Manager Note

Official notice that the topic of Sean DeMarco is off limits. If you have 1-on-1 thoughts to complete please take it to PM with each other.

If you have questions, contact the forum moderator @PrincessPurrsALot.  Do not discuss this limit to this discussion in here. Doing so will result in a warning. 

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, wallysmommy said:

Overnight re-run from 2015 -- If you have to rent a 55" tv, you don't need a 55" tv.  Especially if your living arrangements are a step above couch surfing.

Ah, must be the rent-to-own girl that JJ made the phone call to see if she was making payments. Poor girl rents so much crap she presented the wrong rental agreement as evidence. Don't remember much about the case, just that she was paying ALOT to rent a bed and TV,  while renting a room - again paying big money for the rent. As she gets older maybe she'll figure out that she could furnish a house for what she paid for a bed and TV at the rent-to-own place. Also remember the laugh when JJ questions just how "friendly" the litigants were, and dude says something to the effect that they were "friends with partial benefits."

• Love 5

It looked just like the pictures Tizzy showed in court

Tizzy! Hahaha!

As she gets older maybe she'll figure out that she could furnish a house for what she paid for a bed and TV at the rent-to-own place.

She looked plenty old enough to me to know that now. She probably can't buy anything because she has no credit.  I hated those two more on second viewing than I did the first time. I hated her little scrunched up face, his grinning idiocy and their repulsive "Friends with benefits" thing, even though according to the foolish def. the benefits weren't total. They just made out. Glad to know that!

• Love 3

Re. Water in basements...I live in New England and I have a Cape with a full basement but it isn't finished. We only have the laundry room and storage down there. We got about 3" of water our first year in the house thanks to a crazy rain storm.  We didn't have any damage but we looked into a professional company that fixes water problems around here.  To put in a French drain around the perimeter and re-grade the yard would cost us $22k!  That didn't include the cost to re-do the lawn and landscaping they would have to rip up in the process.  That came in at $7k.  So...instead we bought a $75 sump pump, $25 worth of PVC from Home Depot to carry the water from the pump through the yard in a trench my husband dug & $10 bag of grass seed to patch the dug up area. Definitely was a more economical solution.  It's been 12 years and many storms later, we haven't had a drop of water down there yet. 

Kizzy was wound a little too tight and seemed like a scammer to me.  I wouldn't be surprised if she saw some water seeping in and then stacked her stuff down there to get a pay day out of the "damage". She is a lying liar...renters insurance is cheap! My sister rents a 3BR house & her policy is less than $300 per year and it covers full replacement value.  

• Love 8
On 6/17/2016 at 8:35 PM, AuntiePam said:

I think the downspout wasn't attached with screws because he had to mow under it.  So the downspout has to be moved every time the landlord mows.  Nice of the landlord to do the mowing!

That's when you take a weedwacker and trim the around the spout.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 6/17/2016 at 8:47 PM, Brattinella said:

I will preface this with saying I know nothing about basements, construction, etc.  I'm not sure if this case involved a high water table, but my question is: Is there ANY WAY to actually FIX a basement that has flooded?  Even once?  I do know I would not stay in a concrete basement that was actually wet or had been wet.  Anyone know?

Flooded basements are common around here.  Before I bought my house, there were water issues, and the seller installed a French drain around most of the edges.  There was already a sump pump.  We then had issues around the one edge (about 2 feet) that wasn't French drained about 3 years later.  We got the water remediation company to come back to fix that under warranty and thus far things have been good.  The whole thing cost about $5K I think, but it can be done.

I should add that my basement is tiny (12 feet by about 35 feet).  I'm sure this would cost more with a normal size basement.

Edited by quarkkm
added one thing
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 6/17/2016 at 8:47 PM, Brattinella said:

I will preface this with saying I know nothing about basements, construction, etc.  I'm not sure if this case involved a high water table, but my question is: Is there ANY WAY to actually FIX a basement that has flooded?  Even once?  I do know I would not stay in a concrete basement that was actually wet or had been wet.  Anyone know?

Yes, but it can be costly.  BUT, if you have several properties, then you should have enough credit to take out a loan and do some home improvements.  Plaintiff was cray cray for wanting to so much money, but defendent should have still have fixed the problem.  Even if she had nothing in the basement, if it floods enough you can still have structural damage, mold, etc.

The winter after we bought our house we put a French drain in the finished part of our basement.  We had 1/2 a french drain already, the previous owners probably put that in before the sale so make the house more sellable.  We really should have taken them to People's Court.  We probably would have lost -- papers said house had a French drain, but didn't specify it was only on half of the basement so they didn't lie -- but we would have had a nice trip and a gotten little cash.  Would have made a interesting  case, though, because we could have thrown in useless facts like the owner's son didn't want his mother to sell so he was "asleep" in his bed when we came to look the first time; the day they moved, they made eggs for breakfast on the griddle then put the griddle cover on w/out cleaning it; and they were "kind" enough to leave us a free frig that didn't even work. (Probably could have gotten the $25 we paid to have it carted away by the town)

Anyway, they had put a french drain only on the unfinished side probably because it was cheaper than to do the entire perimeter of the basement and didn't need to do anything but lay a little more cement when it was done.  Once we had our first flood, we decided to put a drain on the finished side.  A professional company came in and installed the drain.  We were able to save a little money because DH is handy so he tore down the paneling & tore up the floor.  Then after the drain was done, he put up new drywall and a new floor. I can't recall how much but it cost us at least several thousand dollars and that was only 1/2 the basement  & with DH doing some of the work.   

Edited by ElleMo
  • Love 2
On 6/16/2016 at 6:38 PM, SRTouch said:

Ah reruns - usually I don't recap reruns, just sort of half watch them and let them run in the background. Today, though we had the better episodes. FIRST CASE: feuding long time rural neighbors. For years these idiots have managed to get along, but then one neighbor has a hissy fit about the other's dog coming to visit - don't know why the dog decided to visit or why it bugged the guy. Anyway, the feud starts over the visiting dog, with the visited neighbor threatening to shoot the dog if it comes back. It takes a couple months, but eventually the guy has puts up a kennel and new fence and manages to keep dog at home. Then we have the next battle in the feud. There's a bunch of trees along the fence line between the properties, and no one really knows where the real property line is. The dog owner decides to post NO TRESPASSING signs, but accidently puts at least one sign on the wrong side of the line. When the other neighbor sees the sign on HIS PROPERTY, he confronts the guy with a bunch of cursing and carrying on (though he claims he just wanted to take a picture of three sign). Now the feud starts in the courtroom. During the confrontation the dog owner tackles the other guy, on the disputed property, but after a survey was done it turns out the dog owner was in fact on the other's property. When he tackled the guy he hurt him enough to send him to the ER. Defendant was clearly in the wrong, but no matter how JJ asks he just spend his tell and won't accept responsibility. While JJ tries to get the defendant to accept responsibility, the plaintiff is like a little boy raising his hand needing to go to the bathroom. Although the defendant may have thought he was on his property the fact remains that he tackled the guy on the plaintiff's property causing injury. So he's going to lose. But, he's filed a countersuit for a false restraining order and harrassment. SORRY DUDE, you assaulted the guy on his property and caused injury, so the application for a restraining order was justified, and my only question is to wonder why it was denied.

So my husband and I were in a very similar situation with a neighbor.  The neighbor assaulted my husband, who was on our property.  She had an attorney at the restraining order hearing and my husband did not.  The restraining order wasn't granted, in part because the judge claimed that restraining orders were only granted if we were afraid the other party was going to, like, attempt to kill us with a knife and in part because my husband couldn't get the video of the assault admitted.

The prosecutor brought criminal charges against my neighbor, and she ended up pleading out.  She agreed to stay away as part of the assault plea, but this was after the restraining order was denied.  She has since moved.

So I can definitely believe that no restraining order was granted, despite the facts of the case.  If the defendant showed up in a suit and sounded reasonable, that was probably enough in my jurisdiction.

• Love 4
On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 2:14 PM, quarkkm said:

she ended up pleading out

SHE?!?!  Wow.  Did not expect that. I'm sorry that happened to y'all. Glad she's gone!

I'm looking forward to JJ today. Haven't seen any eps in several days. Even old retreads will be welcomed today! (#becarefulwhatyouwishfor)

• Love 1

Seriously, I hope the landlord gets scammed good by that drugged up renter.

Me too. Shrill, vile old bat. Three hundred and twenty-eight dollars, not twenty-five!  Her darling renter got arrested two, or was it three? times. She had to think about it, but yeah. Drunk driving, shoplifting (tacky!) and drugs found in the house - well, the drugs that hadn't yet gone up her nose. Either she's got an innocent act that deserves an Oscar, or the old dragon is creeping on her.

• Love 1

I'm behind on clearing the DVR.  Did some watching over the weekend.  We got the repeat of the accident that happened at a gas station - people collided.  I couldn't stand the plaintiff - looked to be about 18-20 years old with a bad 70's shag haircut, ala Janet from Three's Company, or Carol Brady, who was there with her dad.  I hated her stiff, stilted way of speaking, and he smug, smarmy facial expressions.  I also believe the defendant when she said the plaintiff got out and said that she had hit a pole prior, and her dad was going to kill her.

• Love 1

I saw the episode with Kizzy and her damn stank ass attitude. She's one of those chicks I...couldn't...be with. You know those people, whether it's in your family or at work, where you kinda have to deal with them? They take everything personally. They don't think the rules of decorum really apply to them. They think they're owed a footloose ease on down the yellow brick road. Girl. Shit happens. Be a big girl. Damn. And I don't understand those people who sue and then need their witness to help them out with dates and times. It's your fraggleknocking lawsuit!

But yeah, I wouldn't want to own a goldfish with her. She'd find a way to make the shit go left. And I'm surprised JJ didn't call bullshit on that bogus figure she gave for renter's insurance. That might've been the cost for the entire year and she didn't want to pay $30/month, OR, she was too busy having a stank attitude to listen to what they told her.

• Love 6

Oh, my gosh, y'all!! The Feral Cat Case?  Crackin' me up.  I really, really, want to see the video!  Mama Scoggins needs a little more help than she's getting.  Love the commercial bump when they show My Other Sister Darryl's face. Hee!  Just hit the record button so I can enjoy this one again. Maybe with an adult beverage.  And just how many people came on this show? Can you say "vacation?"

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, SandyToes said:

Oh, my gosh, y'all!! The Feral Cat Case?  Crackin' me up.  I really, really, want to see the video!  Mama Scoggins needs a little more help than she's getting.  Love the commercial bump when they show My Other Sister Darryl's face. Hee!  Just hit the record button so I can enjoy this one again. Maybe with an adult beverage.  And just how many people came on this show? Can you say "vacation?"

I was shocked to see Diana Ross at the plaintiff's table!

• Love 11

I was just coming back to say Diana Ross is obviously the only one with half a brain, so was elected spokesperson for the group. What the heck were they all doing there?? (beside eatin' and drinkin' on JJ's dime.)

Also kind of got a Richard Simmons vibe from the Plaintiff's table. I am a horrible person.  See y'all on the stagecoach...

• Love 4

Feral cats start a neighborhood feud between long time neighbors. Elderly woman has been feeding a feral colony for years, and her neighbors are tired of the cats. Sh*t fight erupts, with cat haters tossing cat poo over the fence and cat lovers returning the favor, eventually a water hose comes into play and the elderly woman is soaked. Cat haters leave, and when they get back the elderly woman has reinforcements, Diana Ross look alike storms up and demands they stop harassing her poor sister. Cat hating husband pushing DR lookalike down. Actually, everything I just said are the claims of one side are the other which are denied by the other - nobody has any evidence of anything. JJ tries to tell the cat lovers to stop feeding the cats, but everyone is acting like they're on Jerry Springer, talking and yelling at each other. JJ has been very mellow, she put up with it until it was time to end the segment, then dismissed everything and went to get some sushi.

On a more serious side, people are not doing ferals any favors by feeding them and just letting them breed. The cat loving elderly woman denied feeding them, but someone in the neighborhood is, and has been for years. Not only are the ferals at risk, but so are the woman's two cats. The cat haters say they have trapped cats in the past and carted them off to the shelter. Well, that doesn't work either. As long as they're getting fed, they'll just breed and have kittens to replace the missing trapped cats. If they were truely feral, they were probably euthanized, as socializing feral cats is not easy, and few shelters have the resources to try. Someone really needs to educate these people about TNR. http://www.alleycat.org/casefortnr I was involved in a TNR program a few years ago, and still have a cat which was a rescue from the colony.

• Love 3

Which I TOTALLY believed.  She claimed the defs were putting cat poop all over her property. I don't guess it could have been, you know, the CATS?! 

Slow news day at my house.  Lots of time to digest this case. Still laughing at the red-haired sister.  She seemed a little "blank." God, it's good to be perfect so I can comment on the rest of the world.

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

Glad I skipped the cat case, but sorry I got just repeats of a bunch of stupid, obnoxious nitwits.

The cat case was VERY entertaining, you should see it someday!

I think there were at least nine litigants in the case, maybe more.

Edited by Brattinella
  • Love 4

The cat case was VERY entertaining

I haven't erased it yet. I've done lots of work with feral cats - own two of them myself - and I don't want to hear about any suffering or abuse of them at the hands of idiots. I don't know if that's so here(?), but didn't want to take a chance.:(

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SandyToes said:

Which I TOTALLY believed.  She claimed the defs were putting cat poop all over her property. I don't guess it could have been, you know, the CATS?! 

Slow news day at my house.  Lots of time to digest this case. Still laughing at the red-haired sister.  She seemed a little "blank." God, it's good to be perfect so I can comment on the rest of the world.

Yeah, I can absolutely see her coming over to release cats from traps. Of course she denies it, but she also denies feeding them. And if you have 15 cats eating in your yard - what goes in one end comes out the other.

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

I haven't erased it yet. I've done lots of work with feral cats - own two of them myself - and I don't want to hear about any suffering or abuse of them at the hands of idiots. I don't know if that's so here(?), but didn't want to take a chance.:(

No intentional abuse, though listening to the haters it wouldn't surprise if the cats they trapped never made it to a shelter.

One of my all time favorite cat moments. A feral Tom finally started letting me pet him after a couple years. One day I was in a lawn chair, hanging my arm down petting him and it happened... he jumped up into my lap. This was a feral who, for months after I first moved in, ran every time he saw me. He was my Rocky, an old Tom who fought for years, and had the scars to prove it. Almost positive my Spot is a descentant.

• Love 3

A feral Tom finally started letting me pet him after a couple years

The All Creatures Great and Small had a story about the Vet and his wife trying to get feral cats to accept their help. Like most things in the real world, this was a mixed sweet and bitter story.

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

No cats were harmed in the making of the episode. ;-)

• Love 6
(edited)

A feral Tom finally started letting me pet him after a couple years.

It's been my experience that these big, ferocious and scarred toms are often the sweetest creatures in the world once they feel they can trust you. The females are a lot more work! My ex-feral tom (long since neutered of course!) is a sweet, cuddly, mushball, yet I've never tamed his mom in the 13 years she's been here. She still seems to think I'm the Cat Murderer, except when she screams at me for food!

Thanks Ellemo and SRTouch - maybe I'll give it a try!

ETA:

Nope, no cat abuse.  Only neighbor abuse. :)

Heh... since many of the people we see here deserve abuse, I'll definitely watch.

Edited by AngelaHunter
  • Love 4

I was shocked to see Diana Ross at the plaintiff's table!

Even more shocking is that Miles Davis ain't dead...he's hiding in plain sight as a lady named Doris!

(edited)

Ha!  Yeah, Angela, it's worth watching just to see the "stars" (and there's a plethora of 'em!) in the show. There's a lot of cross talk going on, so you may have to watch a couple of times. Grab a beer or glass of wine! (or whatever floats your boat!)

Edited by SandyToes
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

No suffering by cats but plenty of entertainment by idiots. This one is going into my hall of fame. At the end I believe Diana Ross told her sister, the benighted cat lady, that next time she should spit at the neighbors. Instead of throwing cat poop, I guess. I love that Diana Ross told JJ at first that she couldn't tell her sister to stop feeding cats because it wasn't her business.   I thought JJ handled them masterfully. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Rick Kitchen said:

I thought Diana Ross said that next time her sister should throw the poop into their faces.

It was so weird...none of these women looked related at all.  I was 10 minutes into it before I realized that the older woman was Diana's sister, not her mother.

Sisters from another planet?    

• Love 3
19 hours ago, SRTouch said:

On a more serious side, people are not doing ferals any favors by feeding them and just letting them breed. The cat loving elderly woman denied feeding them, but someone in the neighborhood is, and has been for years. Not only are the ferals at risk, but so are the woman's two cats. The cat haters say they have trapped cats in the past and carted them off to the shelter. Well, that doesn't work either. As long as they're getting fed, they'll just breed and have kittens to replace the missing trapped cats. If they were truely feral, they were probably euthanized, as socializing feral cats is not easy, and few shelters have the resources to try. Someone really needs to educate these people about TNR. http://www.alleycat.org/casefortnr I was involved in a TNR program a few years ago, and still have a cat which was a rescue from the colony.

Also, NEVER drop a house cat at a Feral Colony, and expect it to assimilate.  I have a friend who manages 7 colonies (all TNR) and he gets so upset when he finds what was obviously a pet that was thrown away in one of his colonies.  The first thing he does is take it home, get it checked, and then try to get it adopted.

• Love 4

Wow! Not sure if the cat poo case is 5-gavel worthy, but it's close! ("Next time throw it in her face!") What a cast of characters; I'm almost sorry we didn't get to hear the other witnesses testify.

--------

BTW, I thought the season was done? But my DVR is set to record 'new' episodes, and has been recording a few a week lately.

• Love 4

My heart can't take another rendition of teen Andrew (bless his heart) and the shit-stirring Ms. Sessions who ruined his nice friendship with his neighbor/adopt-a-grandma.

I am tired of reruns. It's summertime; I want to be entertained.

• Love 5

I'm enjoying the rerun of the ultimate helicopter stepdad, who continues to buy his 16 yr old stepdaughter brand new top of the line Iphones, despite her real father NOT allowing her to have a phone because she is skipping and flunking school.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, CoolWhipLite said:

My heart can't take another rendition of teen Andrew (bless his heart) and the shit-stirring Ms. Sessions who ruined his nice friendship with his neighbor/adopt-a-grandma.

I am tired of reruns. It's summertime; I want to be entertained.

I would like to see Ms Sessions be hurt as much as she has hurt Andrew and his Grandma.

• Love 5
(edited)

she is skipping and flunking school.

No! Not flunking school, only a "few classes!"  Apparently there's a big difference, doncha'  know.  

This guy's a piece of work. Exactly one of those who, in kindergarten, would say "You didn't say I couldn't kick him. You only said not to touch him!" Every time he'd argue with JJ I'm sure it was because she paraphrased what he said, "No, I did not say that", etc.  I really think he thought he was in the right, which is kinda sad (maybe too many lost brain cells) but he has "uh-zero" basis for anything dealing with that girl. I'm not even sure mom should.  Hopefully she's straightened herself out.

Gave her the phone in November for her birthday. In April. Okey doke.

Any internet sleuths out there checking on Ms. Sessions? I skipped it today. Too sad.

Edited by SandyToes
  • Love 4

Exactly one of those who, in kindergarten, would say "You didn't say I couldn't kick him. You only said not to touch him!"

Haven't watched this yet, but now I'm looking forward to it.

Watching the rerun of the meat-headed Nathan Stone of MN got me to pondering if every overfed guy with shaved head and silly facial hair (designed to hide the fact they have no chin) is an uttter and total dumb douchebag. It does seem that way. Of course his insurance lapsed yesterday and of course it's the responsibility of those who have the right of way to make sure idiots like him don't run stop signs.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, funky-rat said:

Also, NEVER drop a house cat at a Feral Colony, and expect it to assimilate.  I have a friend who manages 7 colonies (all TNR) and he gets so upset when he finds what was obviously a pet that was thrown away in one of his colonies.  The first thing he does is take it home, get it checked, and then try to get it adopted.

That is why I do not support TNR.  People then think it is acceptable for cats to roam free and will drop off their pets when they get too tired of them

• Love 1

I can really understand the defendants frustration with the cat feeding neighborhood. Our neighborhood is populated with around a dozen 'outdoor' cats.  Everyone seems to know who claims what cat but the animals roam free day and night.  Our problem is that our front yard seems to be disputed turf.  There are always cat fights in our yard and our bushes reek of cat pee.  They do roam to our back yard but since we have a large dog who views cats and squirrels as the bane of his existance I always have to check to get rid of cats before I let the dog out--into our own yard.  I suspect even though he prefers just to chase them, that if he ever caught one and hurt it, we would become the neighborhood pariahs.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, ElleMo said:

That is why I do not support TNR.  People then think it is acceptable for cats to roam free and will drop off their pets when they get too tired of them

People suck all the way around regarding their pets.  They are a commitment, but so many do not want to put the work in, and just dump them off.  TNR isn't the best solution, but until people can learn to be more responsible (which will likely never happen), then there isn't much more that can be done.

• Love 1
(edited)

So I'm back from the morning constitutional with my dog, and had a perfect example of how being on a leash does not necessarily mean "in control."  We walk along a wooded lake/bayou, complete with alligators, coyotes, snakes and wild hogs. It is relatively wild - complete with "beware of predatory animals" signs - not a neighborhood or a park, but has a mowed path I walk on while my dog romps and scampers and chases squirrels.   Mix of off-leash and on-leash dogs, and usually not more than one or two on the entire path. Mine is usually off leash to chase squirrels. When I see others approach, especially those with dogs on leashes, I call her over and leash her up. She completely ignores dogs, even her best friends, but I try and be a good neighbor.  So today, coming from around a hidden curve, comes a young woman with two leashed dogs. One is a lab-ish, the other a bit smaller. They see me, and commence barking and carrying on. My dog, who is about 50 feet beyond them on the other side of the path, (having obviously ignored them) hears the barking and turns to check on me. She comes over and barks back. I call her over, grab her, leash her up. The young woman is being pulled in a tug of war while her two dogs strain and pull, snapping and snarling, trying to get at my dog who is sitting at my feet, (at "heel"), leashed. She finally drags them off, yelling, "That's why your dog should be on a leash!"   In fairness, yes, my dog was off leash and "not in my control."  But I would argue that her dogs weren't necessarily in her control, either, and the argument of "I can't control my dogs, therefore you must control yours" is a bit irritating.   So had there been injuries, yes, I would have assumed responsibility since we were off-leash.  But I would argue with you (not JJ!) that I was more in control than the other party.   Anyway. Thanks for letting me vent. YMMV, of course.

Kind of like the case I watched off the DVR of the young driver who was hit by the idiot who couldn't wait 10 more seconds at a stop sign to see if the coast was clear.  "She should have been looking to see if I was going to pull out from the stop sign in front of her!"  I also caught the case of the teen who claimed she was deliberately hit by a driver, and an unknown man (named Uncle Cornelius in the police report) beat up the driver.  Daddy's in for a long haul with that one, I fear.

Hey, AngelaHunter, did you ever watch the cat case?  Am I the only one who saw Richard Simmons? I don't have many saved on my DVR (mainly because the descriptions never match the episode), but this one was a keeper for me.

Off to calm down with my Gatorade.  Looking forward to air conditioned JJ-ing today. Even ready for boring repeats.

I always have to check to get rid of cats before I let the dog out--into our own yard.  I suspect even though he prefers just to chase them, that if he ever caught one and hurt it, we would become the neighborhood pariahs.

Exactly!!

Edited by SandyToes
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

Watching the rerun of the meat-headed Nathan Stone of MN got me to pondering if every overfed guy with shaved head and silly facial hair (designed to hide the fact they have no chin) is an uttter and total dumb douchebag. It does seem that way. Of course his insurance lapsed yesterday and of course it's the responsibility of those who have the right of way to make sure idiots like him don't run stop signs.

I have always believed that men who get "creative" with their facial hair are not to be trusted. I'm generally not a fan of personality types that are all about going out of the way to look odd in order to get attention (and then often pretend to be bent out of shape when people stare at them).... people with Kool-Aid dyed hair, women who consistently dress/do hair & makeup for another era (you know, the ones that want to look like 40's/50's pin-ups), folks with face tats, people who have more piercings than common sense...

Sandy Toes - I've been in a similar situation, except my dogs are the ones barking. I took my two dogs out (leashed), and they spotted a big goldendoodle on the edge of my yard. So, they went apeshit. I then noticed the dog was unleashed, my heart started pounding, and I prepared for an inevitable JJ-worthy canine kerfuffle. The teen who was outside told her dog to Stay -- and the dog did!  To stop their assy behavior, I took my dogs right back inside. But I wasn't feeling grouchy towards the teen and goldendoodle -- I was impressed by the dog, and I was downright jealous.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, SandyToes said:

So I'm back from the morning constitutional with my dog, and had a perfect example of how being on a leash does not necessarily mean "in control."  We walk along a wooded lake/bayou, complete with alligators, coyotes, snakes and wild hogs. It is relatively wild - complete with "beware of predatory animals" signs - not a neighborhood or a park, but has a mowed path I walk on while my dog romps and scampers and chases squirrels.   Mix of off-leash and on-leash dogs, and usually not more than one or two on the entire path. Mine is usually off leash to chase squirrels. When I see others approach, especially those with dogs on leashes, I call her over and leash her up. She completely ignores dogs, even her best friends, but I try and be a good neighbor.  So today, coming from around a hidden curve, comes a young woman with two leashed dogs. One is a lab-ish, the other a bit smaller. They see me, and commence barking and carrying on. My dog, who is about 50 feet beyond them on the other side of the path, (having obviously ignored them) hears the barking and turns to check on me. She comes over and barks back. I call her over, grab her, leash her up. The young woman is being pulled in a tug of war while her two dogs strain and pull, snapping and snarling, trying to get at my dog who is sitting at my feet, (at "heel"), leashed. She finally drags them off, yelling, "That's why your dog should be on a leash!"   In fairness, yes, my dog was off leash and "not in my control."  But I would argue that her dogs weren't necessarily in her control, either, and the argument of "I can't control my dogs, therefore you must control yours" is a bit irritating.   So had there been injuries, yes, I would have assumed responsibility since we were off-leash.  But I would argue with you (not JJ!) that I was more in control than the other party.   Anyway. Thanks for letting me vent. YMMV, of course.

Hmmmph, imagine, willing to accept responsibility just because your dog was offleash. You're probably the type of person who would believe your kid might have done something when seen by someone else, even though you didn't see it yourself. No trip and free lunch for you, you'll never be on court tv with that attitude.

• Love 10

Yeah, dogs are dogs, and unpredictable, which is why I leash her when we see others on the path. And she's always leashed around the neighborhood. Pup isn't always perfectly well-behaved, and has been known to give as good as she gets But I try to be good to her, and my neighbors. And I watch Judge Judy.

Speac, I do the same thing before I let her out at night - mainly to give the raccoons and armadillos a chance to run!! 

• Love 4