Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E23: Reunion Part 3

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, steelcitysister said:

It does that.

She did that.

Well, I never mentioned Beth or the etiquette book or Lu being a down low ho or Chinese tea so I cannot respond. Pondering . . . 

That was the basis of my post you were responding to. My post was about Lu writing an etiquette book doesn't mean she has to live out each and every line verbatim from said book in order to not be attacked for acting the opposite.

Pondering as well.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, steelcitysister said:

Whereas Lu's all-encompassing bitchitude in Morocco -- which is what my post you quoted was referencing -- was, I believe, fake genuine, bizarre not at all out of character and out of the blue  business as usual for NY's tiresome bought-'n-paid-for nobility.

Bethenny knew all about Morocco when she filmed last season and not only forgave Luann but then jumped on the "Love Lu Train"! LOL Has Luann been a Bitch, Yes, as they all have but Luann hasn't done anything to Bethenny since all was forgiven last season to account for Bethenny's nasty OTT behavior this season outside of asking for a paycheck more like Bethenny's. Seriously, How Dare Luann and Sonja ask for bigger paychecks, only Bethenny is allowed to demand that because.....well Bethenny believes she is the be all that ends all of the NY HWs........WRONG!  LOL

40 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

I think some of Bethenny's hate came via Carole, I think she put her up to tearing into Luann because we all know Carole is weak, insipid , cowardly follower who can only be mean when she's at her keyboard, hiding being Bethenny or Heather. She never would have dared to call Luann a bitch to her face like she did at the reunion. Oh, but she is tough when she's on the stairs with a one legged woman who may have been batshit crazy but didn't deserve to be physically attacked in her own home especially when there is a very good possibility everything she was saying was true.  She is a pathetic waste.

Bethenny was well aware of the animosity/fighting between Carole and Luann at the reunion last season but she was all in Luann's corner despite Carole. I don't think Bethenny is fighting Carole's battle for her, although I do think she would use that as an excuse to justify her nasty behavior if she thought it would work. LOL 

• Love 5
Just now, WireWrap said:

Bethenny knew all about Morocco when she filmed last season and not only forgave Luann but then jumped on the "Love Lu Train"! LOL Has Luann been a Bitch, Yes, as they all have but Luann hasn't done anything to Bethenny since all was forgiven last season to account for Bethenny's nasty OTT behavior this season outside of asking for a paycheck more like Bethenny's. Seriously, How Dare Luann and Sonja ask for bigger paychecks, only Bethenny is allowed to demand that because.....well Bethenny believes she is the be all that ends all of the NY HWs........WRONG!  LOL

Bethenny was well aware of the animosity/fighting between Carole and Luann at the reunion last season but she was all in Luann's corner despite Carole. I don't think Bethenny is fighting Carole's battle for her, although I do think she would use that as an excuse to justify her nasty behavior if she thought it would work. LOL 

Ding ding ding!

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, quaintirene said:

Bingo!  I agree with everything you say!  I do think that LuAnn wants her interaction with the others limited to 'look at my fabulous ring!!!'.  And Bethenny is 'keeping it real'.  I don't think Bethenny likes LuAnn much and I suspect the feeling is mutual.  But LuAnn's somewhat murky history makes it difficult for her to keep the high ground and Bethenny is relentlessly tugging her back down anyway.  Whatever.  And I agree.  Dirty Laundry rules!

Yes, Bethenny expects the others to bare their real lives, to bad she doesn't do that about her own real life. She is as fake as they come, more so than Luann or any of the others. LOL

• Love 9

Is it or is it not supposed to be a show about their real lives? I think Beth thinks it is, (including dirty laundry) and others (Lu) think it's supposed to be a show about the more fabu elements of their lives, (no dirty laundry).

Seriously. We want the fabu and the dirty laundry, at the same time.

I mean, I'd rather see these hypocritical booze-hounds shrieking at each other on a (rented) yacht or at some resort in some tropical paradise, as opposed to say doing it at the local IHOP.

Nothing against IHOP, mind you, I particularly enjoy it especially after a night of bar hopping, but we don't watch the show for that.

Then again, imagining the girls stopping at one after a night of partying could be fun?

Edited by AndySmith
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, AndySmith said:

Seriously. We want the fabu and the dirty laundry, at the same time.

I mean, I'd rather see these hypocritical booze-hounds shrieking at each other on a (rented) yacht or at some resort in some tropical paradise, as opposed to say doing it at the local IHOP.

Nothing against IHOP, mind you, I particularly enjoy it especially after a night of bar hopping, but we don't watch the show for that.

Yes, but then all have to expose themselves, not just Luann or a few of them but all, including Bethenny. With nothing off limits other than their children.

• Love 3
37 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Yes, but then all have to expose themselves, not just Luann or a few of them but all, including Bethenny. With nothing off limits other than their children.

Yeah, I think that's where it ultimately lies. Look I could do without the 6 feet under grave robbing of sins. Some surface stuff I could stomach and a bit of gossipy cattiness does take the ratings higher but this whole other level of humiliation for sport? Nah, not cool AND at the very least if the stakes have taken that turn then hell's bells EVERYONE should buckle up and take their lumps! Good for the Goose and all that jazz.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 6
36 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

Yeah, I think that's where it ultimately lies. Look I could do without the 6 feet under grave robbing of sins. Some surface stuff I could stomach and a bit of gossipy cattiness does take the ratings higher but this whole other level of humiliation for sport? Nah, not cool AND at the very least if the stakes have taken that turn then hell's bells EVERYONE should buckle up and take their lumps! Good for the Goose and all that jazz.

I agree, and I hope the HWs agree as well. Which means that Bethenny's childhood neglect/abuse claims, her failed marriages and her divorces are fair game as is her/Shields relationship and how his family/JillS feel. It is all open and will be used as fodder/sport for the show but....I have no doubts that if anyone tries this, she will quit the show in a heartbeat. Their lives are hers to use/abuse as she sees fit, her life is off limits to all. 

• Love 6

I can understand when one of the ladies enters into a dubious business deal and asks or demands the others' support that a comment or two about the viability or realness of the deal.  Ramona's "restaurant" last year should have been subject to scrutiny (Bethenny did write about the non-reality of it), or one of the RH gossiping about someone-Ramona again talking about John calling Dorinda and blaming Luann for her words.  What I don't understand is why any of them, when someone says they are happy about their marriage or boyfriend, continues to go after the guy.  Ramona, Bethenny, Sonja and Luann (regarding Adam-she didn't go after Adam but Carole) have all been guilty of being nasty about another's relationship.  They can just be happy for the other person and let the relationship run its course.  They don't have to comment on another's parenting skill (Ramona regarding Luann), or talk about another's finances.  Again Ramona saying the bank was taking Sonja's house.

There is plenty to talk about and do without go into things that are truly part of their real and real life repercussions for outsiders, who just happen to be part of these women's lives.  I would think Ramona, Sonja, Bethenny and Luann, anyone who they decide to date has to accept the fact for the period of time they are involved and the woman is a RH there is a bit of a sacrifice.  Not one man has escaped the fame-ho allegation.  I see it as the man dating the RH in spite of the fact she is on the show.  It is a big part of their lives and they should be able to share who they are dating without an ensuing witch hunt and character assassination.

I am thinking RHNY should break the mold and have fewer core RH and more events with past RH involved.  RHNY has a plethora of past RH who could provide interest.  It doesn't have to be a Jill/Bethenny thing but it could be a Luann, Ramona, Sonja, Jill, Dorinda, Kelly thing.  They just need to get rid of this scorched earth path they have taken us down this year.  Most of all they need to lose what happened in past seasons as a reason for the unrelenting attacks.  Be leery, be standoffish but let go of the past.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

Reality TV isn't supposed to be about digging around behind the scenes and then exposing each other.

8 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

To me, everyone should be coming with their best look forward. 

You two are a lot classier in your tv choices than I am!

• Love 2
4 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Except that Bethenny was singing Luann's praises last season, the entire season including at the reunion! Now all of a sudden, Luann is "persona non grata" which make no sense unless......Bethenny just used Luann to get Heather last season and/or she hates Luann (and Sonja) tried to get a bigger paycheck this season. Either way, Bethenny's actions toward Luann come off as fake, bizarre and out of the blue IMO.

Wasn't Bethenny mad at Luann because Luann was mad at Beth for telling her about Tom, cloaked in "it was the way you told me"? Bethenny's reactions don't always make sense to me, but this one did.

I believe Luann is mad at Tom, and she's sublimating her anger.  "I'm mad because of how you told me" seems like special pleading to me.  

Y'all seem like smart, savvy women, why on Earth aren't you seeing this!? (Kidding! Mostly ;)

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

Yeah, I don't get the redefinition of "Reality TV".  At first there was this whole if you got skeletons don't go on reality tv cause it's bound to come out. Um ok. I could see that. Fine. But now it's like "Don't plan on coming on reality TV unless you DEFINITELY show us where the bodies are buried" Like huh, what? First it was more about "Dum Dum,  you stupid for taking the chance and now all you dirty laundry has been dumped in front of the cameras. You took the risk and it didn't turn out in your favor <shrug>". Now it's more like some huge outrage that people aren't purposely delivering that shit on a fucking platter as some sort of requirement. Um, no that wasn't the idea. Going on the show is taking a risk on certain aspects coming out, it's not some definite contract that says you HAVE TO bring all of your deep dark secrets to light and more importantly to your filming day... ANDDDD the disclaimer wasn't: "if ya don't not only will there be hell to pay but we're gonna fucking dig it up and plaster it all over the show anyway...." I don't believe that was a part of what these women signed up for.

But I guess the cast is supposed to be OK with this bait and switch set up?

Unbelievable.

You can do what I always do and blame LVP if you want. The gal who went on the reunion and said - in response to a private surrogacy being revealed on the show - that you shouldn't come on a Reality TV show if you have things to hide. If you cannot have any compassion for that situation, than you have a problem with compassion period, because of all the things that someone should have been able to keep private if they wanted to, that would have been the thing. 

I think there is something very different between one of these gals having things they don't want to portray on the show - very private, personal things that may involve other people - or in them wanting to show us a manufactured version of who they are to curry favor with the fans. Those are two completely different things, and for as long as I've been watching these shows, the other gals on the show tend to get irritated if they think that one of their co-workers isn't being honest about who they are on their reality TV show. Not about all the things that are going on - who they are dating, what their business shit is - but who they are at their core. Their values, stuff like that. The stuff that might make someone not like you, make them judge you. They are supposed to show us their true personalities. The deal with Lu wasn't about the fact that she likes to fuck young guys. It was about the fact that she aged shamed Carole for doing the same thing. All of these ladies have known Lu and that she likes to get her freak on, but they liked her just the same until she went batshit crazy - off the show, because she wouldn't want to behave that way on the show - what would the fans think of The Countess acting that way? Her entire deal last year became about the important of the Girl Code, and they think it is ridiculous, because they've never known her to have a Girl Code. Fine, don't have one. Lots of people don't The problem comes when you pretend like you do and shame others in the process. The charge has always been that they really like the "real" Lu. That she is a lot of fun, but that she is very different once the cameras start rolling. It doesn't matter what franchise you are talking about, this tends to rub many of the HW's the wrong way. Just ask LVP. 

• Love 7
36 minutes ago, Jel said:

Wasn't Bethenny mad at Luann because Luann was mad at Beth for telling her about Tom, cloaked in "it was the way you told me"? Bethenny's reactions don't always make sense to me, but this one did.

I believe Luann is mad at Tom, and she's sublimating her anger.  "I'm mad because of how you told me" seems like special pleading to me.  

Y'all seem like smart, savvy women, why on Earth aren't you seeing this!? (Kidding! Mostly ;)

I believe Bethenny wants to do the shoot the messenger thing.  Let's face it there were a hundred better ways to tell Luann.  Even Bethenny in hindsight as the marriage plans move forward has to see that was a very hurtful course of action she took.  She doesn't see reality vs. reality TV.  When you say on your radio show that you managed to stretch one episode into three, it leaves very little doubt it was to be all about Bethenny. 

Bethenny is jaded when it comes to romance and I think she could not fathom Luann and Tom being real.  Let's face it not too long ago we had the Harry Dubin stuff where Sonja totally faked a relationship and then blamed Luann for its unraveling.  So here being leery of a whirlwind romance was somewhat justified but let the players unravel it-not Bethenny.

I think it less about be smart and more about trying to avoid humiliation.

I have no idea what Tom and Luann "fought" about that fateful night and why don't one of these ace reporters ask?  Was it about Sonja and Ramona being on board for the party, was it about too much RH crap surrounding the wedding?  Andy earn how to ask a friggin' question.

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, Jel said:

Luann was mad that Bethenny told Carole and Ramona, who told Sonja, about Tom days before telling her. She was hurt that Bethenny made this about herself/camera time instead of being sensitive to how hurt Luann would be.

Bethenny declared Luann "persona non grata" right out of the filming gate at the beginning of this season, well before there was a "Tom" in Luann's life but after she had sung Luann's praises during the reunion last season. LOL

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Jel said:

What about if Bethenny knew Mr. Lips (thanks Celia Rubenstein!) cheated, but didn't tell Lu or anyone? Would that be better or worse?  

IMO, worse but I also believe that Bethenny did make Tom's cheating all about her feelings and not Luann's. It was a calculated move to control camera time, which is why she told others before telling Luann. It was cruel, how she did it was cruel and not something Bethenny would ever tolerate or forgive had it been done to her in the same manner.

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 11
13 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

You can do what I always do and blame LVP if you want. The gal who went on the reunion and said - in response to a private surrogacy being revealed on the show - that you shouldn't come on a Reality TV show if you have things to hide. If you cannot have any compassion for that situation, than you have a problem with compassion period, because of all the things that someone should have been able to keep private if they wanted to, that would have been the thing. 

I think there is something very different between one of these gals having things they don't want to portray on the show - very private, personal things that may involve other people - or in them wanting to show us a manufactured version of who they are to curry favor with the fans. Those are two completely different things, and for as long as I've been watching these shows, the other gals on the show tend to get irritated if they think that one of their co-workers isn't being honest about who they are on their reality TV show. Not about all the things that are going on - who they are dating, what their business shit is - but who they are at their core. Their values, stuff like that. The stuff that might make someone not like you, make them judge you. They are supposed to show us their true personalities. The deal with Lu wasn't about the fact that she likes to fuck young guys. It was about the fact that she aged shamed Carole for doing the same thing. All of these ladies have known Lu and that she likes to get her freak on, but they liked her just the same until she went batshit crazy - off the show, because she wouldn't want to behave that way on the show - what would the fans think of The Countess acting that way? Her entire deal last year became about the important of the Girl Code, and they think it is ridiculous, because they've never known her to have a Girl Code. Fine, don't have one. Lots of people don't The problem comes when you pretend like you do and shame others in the process. The charge has always been that they really like the "real" Lu. That she is a lot of fun, but that she is very different once the cameras start rolling. It doesn't matter what franchise you are talking about, this tends to rub many of the HW's the wrong way. Just ask LVP. 

People being rubbed the wrong way is still a sad excuse for the level of punishment they want to dispense for such a corny offense.

That's what I take issue with. Oh ho ho, one of them is bothered... Let me attack you in the most vile way because I don't like how you handled this or that.... Recipe for how we criticize them on these forums sure but actually affecting someone's life that way???? How can it possibly be okay to hurt someone to that degree? Horrendous.

Lu's "nastiness" last season was a result of a two way conflict not just some campaign to attack Carole for no reason.

Beth's list of grievances is just that, a list.

It's Beth's dislike of Lu as a whole not about any true wrongdoing Lu has done to her aside from a few conflicts that I honestly believe Beth made up in her own mind and not something Lu actually targeted Beth with.

The enjoyment of such ugly behavior is another thing that has me reaching for the FF button. Anyway you slice it there is something wrong with thinking hurting another person in such an extreme manner is justifiable just because they've annoyed you.

SMH.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 8
17 hours ago, WireWrap said:

Yes, Bethenny expects the others to bare their real lives, to bad she doesn't do that about her own real life. She is as fake as they come, more so than Luann or any of the others. LOL

They are all 'fake as they come'.  At least I hope they are!  I cannot bear the thought of any of these women behaving like this all the time.  I love to take sides, and I do like Bethenny.  But I think she can take care of herself and so can LuAnn.  Thanks to both of them and the entire bunch for keeping it unreal and letting me relax and enjoy it!

• Love 4

Lu's "nastiness" last season was a result of a two way conflict not just some campaign to attack Carole for no reason.

Lu went after Carole for dating Adam.  I don't believe that the conflict was two sided.  Luann pushed and Carole pushed bck.  Luann lied and made up stories about her niece with the broken heart.  Called Carole a pedophile for dating a 28 year old grown ass man.  No, I think that conflict was one sided. 

• Love 10
16 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I agree with you about LVP, her answer was coming from a place of revenge.  LVP didn't like Adrienne because Adrienne stayed clear of the fray.   When Adrienne passed along a rumor and named the source about LVP receiving money for tabloid stories she flipped.  I always thought she took it too far insisting those who didn't stand against Adrienne were her mortal enemies.  It almost totally broke down the relationship with Kyle and LVP. 

I don't know how one shows their values.  They all say their children are important.  Luann and some others in the past have shown their involvement in charity events (Jill, Kristen, Heather, Aviva).  To me, if one of them has an off camera moment of bad behavior, and that bad behavior involves another third party getting hurt, there is a double values violation.  An example was Ramona saying she wanted to get the dirt from Luann on Rey.  Why?  Luann was upfront with Sonja, after they got passed their difference in what a "lover" is. 

Luann told Carole it is okay to screw younger guys just not to take up a relationship with them.  So Luann really wasn't hypocritical she just had her opinion about where young guys fit in one's life.  She wasn't age shaming Carole.  I don't think Luann should have engaged on twitter with Carole nor do I think the others should have overplayed married guy angle. 

Luann's nonsensical Girl Code stuff came from the T&C when Carole and Heather ousted her from her sleep to ask about a guy-who was no longer around.  I don't know why they couldn't wait for Luann and Ramona to get up.  There was no urgency.  Oh wait, they waited as long as they could for the camera crew to get there so it could be filmed. 

I don't get how she is any different on camera.  Are they saying she talks a lot crap about the others behind their backs off camera and then acts friendly towards those she talked about on camera?  Because she does talk about who being sexually active, I just don't think she gets as base about her love life as Ramona and Bethenny do.  I don't think she owes her co-stars or anyone else a diary of her love life.  Discretion is the better part of valor.  I remember Heather gleefully telling Aviva her ex-husband had slept with Luann and Sonja.  Aviva looked really hurt.  Was it necessary or any of Heather's business?  Sonja had been with Harry before Aviva, and Luann had been with Harry after Aviva.  Aviva finally said she was tired of people talking about her ex-husband and her child's father.  There are ways to mention something in an adult way and ways just to say something for attention. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, QuinnM said:

Lu went after Carole for dating Adam.  I don't believe that the conflict was two sided.  Luann pushed and Carole pushed bck.  Luann lied and made up stories about her niece with the broken heart.  Called Carole a pedophile for dating a 28 year old grown ass man.  No, I think that conflict was one sided. 

The ugliness that transpired was two sided is what I meant. Whether or not Lu reasons were approved by this one or that one she had an actual grievance. One that made sense to some people. It wasn't that she just woke up and decided Carole's shitty attitude towards Lu about her designer friend way back when was enough of a cause to start hurling offensive shit at Carole. The feud only went as far as it did (which still only amounted to a stupid catfight with some nasty's thrown around) because Carole jumped on in and decided to go blow for blow. It was an ESTABLISHED beef after the initial awkwardness. Not an imagined one.

The was no covert mission to bring Carole down. Sneaky bullshit to capture some proof about this or that. There were no "pulling back the curtain" attempts. The were fighting with each other plain and simple.

However All the "pulling back the curtain" attempts happen regularly with Lu. It's sickening.

Over what??? "Waaaaahhhhhhhh Lu annoys us with her this, that and the other... waaaaahhhhh. That's all the others got on her. Carole is the only one with an actual rift, beef under her belt (one she brought upon herself I might add) to justify their inability to get along. The others? Not so much. Just petty grievances.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, QuinnM said:

Called Carole a pedophile 

Lu calling her a pedo supposedly happened at a filmed event, in a crowd of people, yet there is no video of it and not one witness has come forward to say it did happen. We only have Carole's word for it and that's not worth much.

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

The ugliness that transpired was two sided is what I meant. Whether or not Lu reasons were approved by this one or that one she had an actual grievance. One that made sense to some people. It wasn't that she just woke up and decided Carole's shitty attitude towards Lu about her designer friend way back when was enough of a cause to start hurling offensive shit at Carole. The feud only went as far as it did (which still only amounted to a stupid catfight with some nasty's thrown around) because Carole jumped on in and decided to go blow for blow. It was an ESTABLISHED beef after the initial awkwardness. Not an imagined one.

The was no covert mission to bring Carole down. Sneaky bullshit to capture some proof about this or that. There were no "pulling back the curtain" attempts. The were fighting with each other plain and simple.

However All the "pulling back the curtain" attempts happen regularly with Lu. It's sickening.

Over what??? "Waaaaahhhhhhhh Lu annoys us with her this, that and the other... waaaaahhhhh. That's all the others got on her. Carole is the only one with an actual rift, beef under her belt (one she brought upon herself I might add) to justify their inability to get along. The others? Not so much. Just petty grievances.

Yet Carole was the first to wish Luann/Tom well, before Ramona, Sonja or Bethenny. In fact, Bethenny never wished Luann/Tom well at all. LOL

35 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

Lu calling her a pedo supposedly happened at a filmed event, in a crowd of people, yet there is no video of it and not one witness has come forward to say it did happen. We only have Carole's word for it and that's not worth much.

Luann admitted it to Ramona in the Berkshires, so she did say it, she just thought it wasn't a big deal. 

• Love 4

Ugh Girl Code.  It's been a hellova long time since this bunch were girls.  And Girl Code is the same kind of cliche as 'so-and-so has/doesn't have my back'.  Comes up all the time and it's a shorthand way of calling out another Ho'Wife's behaviour.  So is Girl Code.  I'm still not sure what the Girl Code rules are except one of them is Do Not Bring A Strange Naked Man In The House Without Telling Me.  That's not Girl Code.  That's common sense.  I'll tell you a decent Girl Code rule:  if your girlfriend is dating some playa who you've been with and who your friends have been with and you want to let her know, don't do it at a dinner table in front of everybody.  Maybe take her aside and tell her quietly.  I'm looking at you, Sonja.

Edited by quaintirene
  • Love 9

I thought she asked if she did say it because she didn't remember but was going to apologize anyway just to keep peace. Lu will say whatever to keep the peace and move on while Bethenny has a scorched Earth policy for the most minor infraction

• Love 6
58 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

We have Carole's word, Ramona's word (she said she heard it), and of course more importantly we have Lu's word, who admitted that she did say it. She admitted it with Ramona when she sent Carole the apology text, and she admitted it again at the reunion. What on earth more proof do we need? I realize that Lu is a well known liar, so it is very easy to automatically assume that whatever she says is untrue, but surely she wouldn't lie and say she had called Carole a pedophile if indeed she had not.                 

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, Ki-in said:

I thought she asked if she did say it because she didn't remember but was going to apologize anyway just to keep peace. Lu will say whatever to keep the peace and move on while Bethenny has a scorched Earth policy for the most minor infraction

Scorched earth? I think that would apply very well to what Lu did to Carole last year. I don't ever remember any HW going after another HW to the extent that she did on Twitter, without any provocation.  Never. I have zero idea how people seem to want to minimize this. At the time, it was a huge deal, and getting national attention in the press because Lu came after Carole so hard. Of course Carole hit back, but man the stuff that Lu was throwing at her was about as ugly as it gets. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Of course Carole hit back, but man the stuff that Lu was throwing at her was about as ugly as it gets. 

Yeah I'd forgotten about that.  LuAnn did come after Carole hard and I'm not sure why.  It's not like Carole's toy boy was dating her daughter.

On another topic, now that the book stuff seems to be over, I'm finding Carole much easier to tolerate...

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

People being rubbed the wrong way is still a sad excuse for the level of punishment they want to dispense for such a corny offense.

That's what I take issue with. Oh ho ho, one of them is bothered... Let me attack you in the most vile way because I don't like how you handled this or that.... Recipe for how we criticize them on these forums sure but actually affecting someone's life that way???? How can it possibly be okay to hurt someone to that degree? Horrendous.

Beth's list of grievances is just that, a list.

It's Beth's dislike of Lu as a whole not about any true wrongdoing Lu has done to her aside from a few conflicts that I honestly believe Beth made up in her own mind and not something Lu actually targeted Beth with.

The enjoyment of such ugly behavior is another thing that has me reaching for the FF button. Anyway you slice it there is something wrong with thinking hurting another person in such an extreme manner is justifiable just because they've annoyed you.

SMH.

Is it fair to say Bethenny has no reason to dislike Lu tho? Bethenny thinks she does; doesn't she get to decide who she does and does not like and for what reason? 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

... The enjoyment of such ugly behavior is another thing that has me reaching for the FF button. Anyway you slice it there is something wrong with thinking hurting another person in such an extreme manner is justifiable just because they've annoyed you.

Who's hurt? Luann? Since when? I don't believe for a minute that Luann has actually been "hurt" by anything Bethenny has done or said.  Momentarily pissed off, perhaps.  But I'll never believe Luann DesLesseps shed a single tear or lost a minute's sleep because Bethenny actually "hurt" her.  Of all these people, Luann is truly the one with zero fucks to give.  I certainly can't be bothered to get all butt hurt about her pain when she shows no sign she's ever felt any.  Sorry.

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Scorched earth? I think that would apply very well to what Lu did to Carole last year. I don't ever remember any HW going after another HW to the extent that she did on Twitter, without any provocation.  Never. I have zero idea how people seem to want to minimize this. At the time, it was a huge deal, and getting national attention in the press because Lu came after Carole so hard. Of course Carole hit back, but man the stuff that Lu was throwing at her was about as ugly as it gets. 

I guess the fact that this twitter war to end all twitter wars ummm attacks didn't and doesn't really resonate as "one for the ages" kinda tells me that it really wasn't anything more than a cat fight.

I don't buy that poor little Carole was backed in a corner and stoned by Lu. Nope. Not the way Carole shows her nasty ass ON THE REGULAR when twatting ugly shit towards viewers and housewives. Puleeezzeee. I'm not buying a bridge today.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Who's hurt? Luann? Since when? I don't believe for a minute that Luann has actually been "hurt" by anything Bethenny has done or said.  Momentarily pissed off, perhaps.  But I'll never believe Luann DesLesseps shed a single tear or lost a minute's sleep because Bethenny actually "hurt" her.  Of all these people, Luann is truly the one with zero fucks to give.  I certainly can't be bothered to get all butt hurt about her pain when she shows no sign she's ever felt any.  Sorry.

Of course she was hurt by Bethenny -don't you remember the scene on the porch and her telling Dorinda she wanted to leave.  Earlier in the season when Bethenny went after her for wanting to film with the RHOBH, Luann was reduced to tears.  Luann wrote blogs about it.  People can't have it both ways about Luann that she puts on airs so as to not look bad and she doesn't care if she looks bad or in this case is told she is a whore, slut, fuck doll, who has fucked everyone.  Sometimes you let the ill-mannered lunatic rant, and let it go so you don't have to keep revisiting the hurt.  I think Luann tried pretty hard all season to let other know she did not want to keep revisiting Tom and dating Ramona and banging Sonja-they would not let her have zero fucks to give.  They wanted a reaction and she was not going to give it to them.  She did the same when she found out about Tom cheating, she said she was devastated and hurt, but not good enough for her to puke and cry, people wanted her to relive it and cut Tom loose.  Why?

6 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

I guess the fact that this twitter war to end all twitter wars ummm attacks didn't and doesn't really resonate as "one for the ages" kinda tells me that it really wasn't anything more than a cat fight.

I don't buy that poor little Carole was backed in a corner and stoned by Lu. Nope. Not the way Carole shows her nasty ass ON THE REGULAR when twatting ugly shit towards viewers and housewives. Puleeezzeee. I'm not buying a bridge today.

Here is the Twitter fight:  http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/luann-and-caroles-feud-spills-onto-social-media

Notice Carole did slut shaming and sleeping with married MEN.

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, Jel said:

Is it fair to say Bethenny has no reason to dislike Lu tho? Bethenny thinks she does; doesn't she get to decide who she does and does not like and for what reason? 

She can dislike her. No doubt. What I'm criticizing is the level of punishment she feels entitled to unleashing on her. Beth herself couldn't articulate what her issue was beyond siting 8 years of built up animosity. In my opinion people who think their personal feelings about someone is enough to reek havoc on their lives just because, are very despicable people. Beth wants to have it out with Lu because of this or that fine. Have at it. Lu did it with Carole. Got it off her chest albeit rather inappropriately. It played out, feelings were hurt then zero fucks was born and there you have it. Beth thinks 8 years of Lu getting on her nerves rates what she dished out to this woman? That's a plausible equation? Not for me.

30 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Whether or not Lu is hurt.

Beth makes it a point to try and hurt people.

That's her go to ammo. And all cause someone has annoyed her.

Having compassion isn't a trait for everyone I suppose. <shrug>

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 5
32 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

We have Carole's word, Ramona's word (she said she heard it), and of course more importantly we have Lu's word, who admitted that she did say it. She admitted it with Ramona when she sent Carole the apology text, and she admitted it again at the reunion. What on earth more proof do we need? I realize that Lu is a well known liar, so it is very easy to automatically assume that whatever she says is untrue, but surely she wouldn't lie and say she had called Carole a pedophile if indeed she had not.                 

All of them are liars, not just Luann. LOL That said, she admitted to saying it and I will take her word on it.

27 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Luann went nuts on Carole last season via twitter and sadly, Carole engaged her in that foolish fight. Both came out looking stupid/childish in the end, Carole should have taken a page from Heather and just stop feeding into that fight but she didn't.

15 minutes ago, Jel said:

Well, the simple fact that Bethenny was singing Luann's praises all last season and during that reunion goes against her cries of having "issues" with Luann's past behavior.  That is unless Bethenny just took up with Luann last season to take Heather down (which is what I believe she in fact did) and now that she no longer has a use for Luann, she is once again bothered by her. Kind of like she did with Sonja this season, she froze Sonja out until she needed her to go against Luann and then she conveniently forgave her and welcomed her back into her inner circle but, now that Sonja is no longer any use to Bethenny, B no longer wants anything to do with her. LOL 

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

She can dislike her. No doubt. What I'm criticizing is the level of punishment she feels entitled to unleashing on her. Beth herself couldn't articulate what her issue was beyond siting 8 years of built up animosity. In my opinion people who think their personal feelings about someone is enough to reek havoc on their lives just because are very despicable people. Beth wants to have it out with Lu because of this or that fine. Have at it. Lu did it with Carole. Got it off her chest albeit rather inappropriately. It played out, feelings were hurt then zero fucks was born and there you have it. Beth thinks 8 years of Lu getting on her nerves rates what she dished out to this women? That's a plausible equation? Not for me.

Bethenny needs to back off this "8" years of stuff/grievance. She was only on the NY HW show 3 years before she left for her own show and last season all was fine between her/Luann so there is no 8 years of "stuff, it is only 3 years with 5 years between then and now. Talk about dredging the HW history books for petty reasons to fight with someone. LOL

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Bethenny needs to back off this "8" years of stuff/grievance. She was only on the NY HW show 3 years before she left for her own show and last season all was fine between her/Luann so there is no 8 years of "stuff, it is only 3 years with 5 years between then and now. Talk about dredging the HW history books for petty reasons to fight with someone. LOL

I'm Sayin'!!!!!

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 2
8 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

She can dislike her. No doubt. What I'm criticizing is the level of punishment she feels entitled to unleashing on her. Beth herself couldn't articulate what her issue was beyond siting 8 years of built up animosity. In my opinion people who think their personal feelings about someone is enough to reek havoc on their lives just because are very despicable people. Beth wants to have it out with Lu because of this or that fine. Have at it. Lu did it with Carole. Got it off her chest albeit rather inappropriately. It played out, feelings were hurt then zero fucks was born and there you have it. Beth thinks 8 years of Lu getting on her nerves rates what she dished out to this women? That's a plausible equation? Not for me.

Honestly, Yours Truly, at this point I pretty much forget what happened  -- Bethenny said some nasty and vile and ott things to Lu and about Lu...that much I remember. But the reeking havoc in her life? Isn't Bethenny the one who looks bad in that scenario? Do any of us think Lu is a slut or a whore or a fuckdoll? No. But does anyone think Bethenny is a horrible person? Can't answer "no" to that one! Did Lu lose any fans because Bethenny called her names and screamed at her? I don't think so, in fact, she may have gained some. But what about Beth -- did Bethenny lose any fans and /or goodwill amongst viewers? If you read this forum, I think she did.  So who did she really damage here -- wasn't Lu.

• Love 3

There was no urgency.  Oh wait, they waited as long as they could for the camera crew to get there so it could be filmed. 

IIRC, there was footage of the guy before he left, so it seemed at least one member of the crew was already there. Also, going by the changing levels of their voices, it appeared Heather and Carole weren't yet mic'd.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, zoeysmom said:

Of course she was hurt by Bethenny -don't you remember the scene on the porch and her telling Dorinda she wanted to leave.  Earlier in the season when Bethenny went after her for wanting to film with the RHOBH, Luann was reduced to tears.  Luann wrote blogs about it.  People can't have it both ways about Luann that she puts on airs so as to not look bad and she doesn't care if she looks bad or in this case is told she is a whore, slut, fuck doll, who has fucked everyone.  Sometimes you let the ill-mannered lunatic rant, and let it go so you don't have to keep revisiting the hurt.  I think Luann tried pretty hard all season to let other know she did not want to keep revisiting Tom and dating Ramona and banging Sonja-they would not let her have zero fucks to give.  They wanted a reaction and she was not going to give it to them.  She did the same when she found out about Tom cheating, she said she was devastated and hurt, but not good enough for her to puke and cry, people wanted her to relive it and cut Tom loose.  Why?

I have seen Luann be angry and embarrassed and frustrated and I have witnessed her do some very bad acting in a Miami hotel room, but nope. Never seen her really hurt.  I'm not sure it's possible to hurt Luann because I'm not sure she even has a heart.  If she does it' probably so encrusted in tar from all the cigarettes she smokes that it can't be reached by emotion any more. 

I've said it before and I will say it again, this thing with Bethenny/Tom cheating is the best thing that ever happened to Luann.  She was totally on the bubble this season and Bethenny handed her center stage.  It has hardly destroyed her ... it has more than likely saved her apple.  Without all this, she would have definitely be gone next season. 

14 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

Beth herself couldn't articulate what her issue was beyond siting 8 years of built up animosity. In my opinion people who think their personal feelings about someone is enough to reek havoc on their lives just because are very despicable people. 

What "havoc?"  I just don't understand all the hyperbole where Luann is concerned.  What Bethenny did had no real effect on Luann's life at all. She's still getting married.  Hell she and Tom didn't even take a break.  Jel is right in what she said up above - the person who has really paid a price for things is Bethenny, to the extent that anyone really cares at all. And I am not sure very many people do, from the sound of the Wendy audience yesterday, lol.  Bethenny was very well received.

Regarding Bethenny not being able to articulate why she is mad at Luann, would it really be satisfactory if she had actually read her long list of accumulated of reasons, one by one?  If she had, I have the feeling she would be nailed to the wall for harboring animosity.  But when she doesn't do it, it's said she can't articulate her reasons, as if she must have no good ones.  She's gonna lose either way.  She may as well save her breath.

Beth wants to have it out with Lu because of this or that fine. Have at it. Lu did it with Carole. Got it off her chest albeit rather inappropriately. It played out, feelings were hurt then zero fucks was born and there you have it. Beth thinks 8 years of Lu getting on her nerves rates what she dished out to this women? That's a plausible equation? Not for me.

As far as Carole and Luann go, I'm not sure how it went down between them can be cited as some kind of preferred way of handling conflict.  It was extremely ugly, pointless, dragged out needlessly, and it made them both look foolish. Luann was almost as nasty and vulgar as Bethenny has been toward her this season.  It's hardly a model of how to resolve interpersonal difficulties, lol. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, jaync said:

IIRC, there was footage of the guy before he left, so it seemed at least one member of the crew was already there. Also, going by the changing levels of their voices, it appeared Heather and Carole weren't yet mic'd.

The thing is Heather said she walked into Bethenny's room and saw the guy sleeping.  Sonja said she talked with him while he had a smoothie-so some time lapsed between the time Heather saw naked guy in bed and he went downstairs to get a smoothie.  So Heather had to go back upstairs to get Carole.  I am sorry I just don't think there was any urgency to get Ramona up or Luann. 

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, Jel said:

Honestly, Yours Truly, at this point I pretty much forget what happened  -- Bethenny said some nasty and vile and ott things to Lu and about Lu...that much I remember. But the reeking havoc in her life? Isn't Bethenny the one who looks bad in that scenario? Do any of us think Lu is a slut or a whore or a fuckdoll? No. But does anyone think Bethenny is a horrible person? Can't answer "no" to that one! Did Lu lose any fans because Bethenny called her names and screamed at her? I don't think so, in fact, she may have gained some. But what about Beth -- did Bethenny lose any fans and /or goodwill amongst viewers? If you read this forum, I think she did.  So who did she really damage here -- wasn't Lu.

I think being on the receiving end of the barrage is what Lu would most likely be reeling from. Not whether a internet forum turned against Beth. I'm talking about being subjected to the harshness and the upsetting situations. It couldn't have felt good to be screamed at and called a whore, fuck doll slut in public and in front of the cameras. That alone is something someone shouldn't have to have happen to them to the extent that Beth likes to administer it. The emotional aspect of it to me is very real and significant. Reality show or not I doubt Lu was prepared for those callous moments and she seems to be on the receiving end rather often too.

• Love 6
51 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Here is the Twitter fight:  http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/luann-and-caroles-feud-spills-onto-social-media

Notice Carole did slut shaming and sleeping with married MEN.

Dude seriously? Is that the horrible horrible twitter posts that Lu shot at Carole???

No really?

See this is what I mean. LOL... Wow! How atrocious... <sarcasm>

44 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

Having compassion isn't a trait for everyone I suppose. <shrug>

C'mon try to be cool ... don't be like all ... uncool.  And suggesting someone else doesn't have compassion because they don't agree with your opinion about whether Lu has been hurt is tres' uncool.   

I simply don't buy into Luann's lousy acting and ridiculous story line.  But I would never insult you personally for believing it.  

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

I have seen Luann be angry and embarrassed and frustrated and I have witnessed her do some very bad acting in a Miami hotel room, but nope. Never seen her really hurt.  I'm not sure it's possible to hurt Luann because I'm not sure she even has a heart.  If she does it' probably so encrusted in tar from all the cigarettes she smokes that it can't be reached by emotion any more. 

I've said it before and I will say it again, this thing with Bethenny/Tom cheating is the best thing that ever happened to Luann.  She was totally on the bubble this season and Bethenny handed her center stage.  It has hardly destroyed her ... it has more than likely saved her apple.  Without all this, she would have definitely be gone next season. 

What "havoc?"  I just don't understand all the hyperbole where Luann is concerned.  What Bethenny did had no real effect on Luann's life at all. She's still getting married.  Hell she and Tom didn't even take a break.  Jel is right in what she said up above - the person who has really paid a price for things is Bethenny, to the extent that anyone really cares at all. And I am not sure very many people do, from the sound of the Wendy audience yesterday, lol.  Bethenny was very well received.

Regarding Bethenny not being able to articulate why she is mad at Luann, would it really be satisfactory if she had actually read her long list of accumulated of reasons, one by one?  If she had, I have the feeling she would be nailed to the wall for harboring animosity.  But when she doesn't do it, it's said she can't articulate her reasons, as if she must have no good ones.  She's gonna lose either way.  She may as well save her breath.

As far as Carole and Luann go, I'm not sure how it went down between them can be cited as some kind of preferred way of handling conflict.  It was extremely ugly, pointless, dragged out needlessly, and it made them both look foolish. Luann was almost as nasty and vulgar as Bethenny has been toward her this season.  It's hardly a model of how to resolve interpersonal difficulties, lol. 

Cause being subjected to the ranting and raving of Beth..

The bullshit crazy from Ramona...

The shade from Sonja...

and the Condescending attitude of Carole..

Couldn't ever affect someone's emotional state?

Being embarrassed isn't hurtful? Oh I get it now it's a semantics thing. Whatev.

Even fuckers I don't like or care about can cause anxiety (which isn't a fun emotion, not exactly the same as "hurt" but still #semantics) if they are filling the room with negative energy and then aiming it at me.

Now the fact that Lu is able to limit her reactions doesn't mean they aren't there.

Hell even I was cringing through all the bullshit I've seen hurled at her and it doesn't have anything to do with ME.

17 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Because there's a reason to address. Not just something arbitrary that's convenient to pull out of thin air every time Beth has a hair up her ass about something.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

C'mon try to be cool ... don't be like all ... uncool.  And suggesting someone else doesn't have compassion because they don't agree with your opinion about whether Lu has been hurt is tres' uncool.   

I simply don't buy into Luann's lousy acting and ridiculous story line.  But I would never insult you personally for believing it.  

I was talking about the lack of compassion among the women.

Interesting you took it like that tho.

• Love 5