Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E03: First Born

Obviously, the Master isn't dead which is kind of too bad. It would have been fun watching Eichhorst leading the strigoi.

Come on, Eph! He should known that it was not Zach the moment he saw the boy's head was covered.

I liked Fet putting a tracker on the book, but yelling at the "Seals" was pretty dumb. If they weren't turned, it would have revealed their presence.

Gus and Angel were so stupid. I would have appreciated their Abbott and Costello act if they hadn't sicc'd his strigoi mother on the cop. WTF, who does something like that? 

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 4

Gus should just go on ahead and put his mother out of her misery..

So The Master did indeed turn those SEAL team members..too bad they were taken out quickly,wouldve been interesting if they had stuck around to be his personal security force

• Love 1

Well, Eph and Quinlan's damn plan almost became a big clusterfuck.  Can't believe both of them got played that easily.  Well, Eph I can see, but as soon as he saw "Zach" with a bag over his head, he should have automatically demanded they take it off, while they were far away.  Waiting till Kelly walked closer to him was such an idiotic move.  Get it together, Eph!  In the end, it was Fet and Abe who bailed their sorry asses out, because they're the only ones using their brains at the moment.  Looks like the Boliver version of The Master is done for, but I'm guessing that one worm getting away is a sign The Master himself didn't die?  I wonder who the next host will be?  Probably won't be Eichorst, since he's the guy who keeps getting past over.  I could even see it being Kelly.  Maybe they'll go all out and actually make Zach the Master.  That would be hilarious!

The stuff with Gus and Angel was just ridiculous.  They really just let his mom kill all those cops?  That's a dick move.  Real dick move.  Now they're arrested, but instead of being jailed, they conscripted into the armed service or something?  And it seems their boss is Lee Tergesen, sporting some hilariously bad hair.

Origin story of how Quinlan when from a rabid strigoi, to the English speaking, sophisticated one we have now.  Although, it seems like he was actually conceived when his parents were still human, and his mom turned while he was fetus, which is why he's different from the rest.

All these shots of Abe taking pills is making me very worried for longevity on this show. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

And it seems their boss is Lee Tergesen, sporting some hilariously bad hair.

I forgot to mention Lee Tergesen. Good to see him. I hope he makes Gus and Angel's lives miserable. I expect Quinlan will come looking for them soon enough. He was injured, but I highly doubt that he will die. 

I hope that Abraham and Fet yell at Eph and don't give his stupidity a pass.

1 hour ago, CletusMusashi said:

So how old is that book supposed to be? They sure built 'em to last, didn't they?

Ha. I was wondering if the book would survive the way Eph and the strigoi were using it as a weapon and tossing it around. I actually couldn't believe that they actually took the real book with them to meeting. Maybe they took pictures of each page first? Clearly, Abraham and Fet did not.

• Love 1

Gus has gone from epic levels of stupid to someone worthy of being Eph levels of suck.  You allow your monster of a mother to murder people and I should care whether you live or die an excruciatingly pain death because...?

Eph stays being stupid and utterly worthless, and strangely, people who have spent more that five minutes speaking to hi keep acting as if anything he says or does is of any value and won't ultimately make things exponentially worse.

I have long thought that the master was going to make Zach his host once he got older; that's why he won't allow him to be turned.  The loss of the Bolivar body might just up his time table.

Glad to see Lee Tergesen.  He makes everything he is in at least interesting to watch.  I'm still waiting for the show that will finally reunite Tergesen and Chris Meloni.

I liked Quinlan's backstory and it was nice to see that he was/is capable of human emotions.  His love for the lady who captured him and let him know his destiny was touching.  I just wish we got to see more of her.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Maybe they'll go all out and actually make Zach the Master.  That would be hilarious!

1 hour ago, Happytobehere said:

Gus has gone from epic levels of stupid to someone worthy of being Eph levels of suck.  You allow your monster of a mother to murder people and I should care whether you live or die an excruciatingly pain death because...?

I agree with both of you, but Mama Gus wearing a helmet and hiding under a blanket was hilarious!

Eph: "Am I trading the future of humanity for my boy? Eh, I'll take the risk."

It's annoying we know silver bombs and UV are devastatingly effective against the Strigoi but it's not common knowledge for the people of Strain NY because. . . plot. I bet Fet's SEALS would have benefited from a couple of his bombs.

Edited by xaxat
  • Love 1

Gus and Angel are dead to me.  

Speaking of Gus, it looked like his mother spit some of her worm goo on him.  Don't the worms burrow through your skin even if you haven't been stung?

Can't the master speak through any of his strigoi?  Why was the one that Eph was dealing with not speaking?

• Love 5

This was such a sad episode for me as previously I had really liked Gus and Angel.  I just can't get over their killing of the police in order to save monster mom.  The police were trying to save lives; not only are Gus and Angel directly responsible for their deaths, the mom got loose and well kill/infect others.  So, the only characters I am able to muster 'care' about are Abraham and Fet.

• Love 4
On 9/12/2016 at 6:44 PM, seacliffsal said:

I just can't get over their killing of the police in order to save monster mom. 

I was so sure Angel would just kill her and then he went along with the whole stupid plan.  It's aggravating because it makes Gus look dumb - the show hasn't built up his character sympathetically IMO so we don't feel his pain or loss or whatever about his mother and then basically sics her on the police.  Ugh.  Why Angel went along with that I have no idea.

Eph is also unsympathetic and now dumb, going with that plan.  Noooo the Master won't double cross you.  Idiot.   Speaking of which, though I liked the fight on the pier, the Master just doesn't seem that formidable.  Yeah, the giant worm means he'll still be around, but he just glowers when he is.  I had hoped for a better fight between him and Quinlan. 

Quinlan's backstory was sad - I think the actor is doing a good job there - but went on a little too long for me.  Of course he hates the Master, he would have had a normal life without him. 

Fet and Abraham were great together.  There were some good lines between them but I don't remember them now.  All this talk about Abe's age and health makes me worry.  I don't want to be left with just Fet, as awesome as he is.  It was a mistake to send Gus and Angel off on their own. 

• Love 2

Ok I'm going to join the team to help out the humans vs strigoi 

• im going to give Eph and Fet a pair of silver laced gloves so they can fight and protect their faces while still damaging the vamps. Heck if they had enough silver ( which they prob could with the help of Quinlan and his endless cash) get some light silver chain mail.  
  • Get some UV flashlights and mount them to your guns. And or/ get one of those flash light headband things and mount one in the front and one in the back. So you get protection both ways. 
  • Give quinlen a bio suit and AR/M4 w grenade launcher and 40 rds of silver grenades w 2 seal teams backing him up.  Give the seals face and neck protection against worms and silver grenades as well. Have the ancients provide 20-30 elite strigoi. Tell quinlen go kill w this team
  • Love 3

In all my complaining I want to mention that the actress playing Kelly is pretty good - she does sell the creepy vampire bit but with a touch of humanity.  I feel kind of sorry for human Kelly; it wasn't her fault she got turned.  Too bad she's attached to that kid though, heh. 

• Love 4

I'm surprised that we are in season 3 and Gus and Angel are still peripheral to the main characters.  I'm assuming there is a bigger plan for them but the show is taking its sweet time in getting to it.

• Love 1

Oh, good.

I usually save this up and then mini-binge it, so I'm way behind everyone else.  However, I'm so glad to know that I'm not the only one that is fed up with Gus, his mother, and Angel.

Really, you're feeding yourself and strangers to the corpse of your mother, and we're supposed to root for you?  Why are we even supposed to be interested in them?

Edited by Mari
grammar is an actual thing
  • Love 1