Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E11: Stiffed

A mortician's body is found in a casket at his own funeral home, leading the team to a serial killer. Meanwhile, Tommy Rizzoli arrives with his son and contemplates staying in Boston for good, and Jane's loved ones react to her news.

The last 3 episodes...

Edited by tessaray
Trying to figure out why video link doesn't show graphic.

I waited until the late airing because I figured I should start drinking before watching, and now I'm not sure I can consume enough to continue.  I don't even recognize this show anymore.  Just so much whatever. 

And if that kid with the terminal disease magically gets better, you will all hear me screaming from wherever you are.

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 6

That doesn't sound encouraging.  I probably won't get a chance to watch until tomorrow but I will be looking forward to reactions. (The clip had Korsak, though - I always like him and Jane on a case.)

Oh my god, I should have tried tequila.

This show is ridiculous, and if there weren't only two episodes left, I'd just spare myself the rest of this decline.

Jane and Korsak and Maura and Korsak had nice scenes.  Otherwise, this episode was actively awful.

• Love 4

Angie is phoning it in.  She barely gets the lines out and acts like she couldn't care less about being in the show.  Is she that angry about the cancellation, or what?

Edited by Valmarmar
LOL- spelling!!

Holy crap that was awful. Really, Jane thought as long as she told Angela, everyone else could just find out when they got the shocker of an FBI call? Callous. I'm glad Angela wasn't instantly happy. I don't know why Jane seemed to think she would be. At least she came around for my sanity. I'm glad to see Maura actually having a reaction to all this madness too. I understand and agree with her not putting her feelings off on Jane while Jane was trying to decide, but I'm glad to see that Maura is upset about her leaving. I don't feel like Jane should stay for Maura or Maura should expect Jane to stay for her, but this is a huge change in a very close relationship. The sadness and uncertainty of that needed to be voiced so I'm glad Maura did, and Jane at least mentioned it.

The miracle baby was really several dozen steps too far for me. First, no thank you manipulative asshole powers that be. Second, is Maura really going in the direction of believing that the baby's improvement which she did not cause, diagnose, or in any way affect is a hint that she should be a 'real' doctor? No, Maura! Give your rounds to Kent and go back to what you thrive at. Third, Maura was basically useless to that child. I realize terminal illness is not the typical issue clinic doctors encounter, but Maura should have recognized how out of her depth she was. Fourth, Maura has always a had good grasp on who she is. I can understand her wanting to explore other areas of medicine, but I can't understand the suggestion that she is letting go of the career she's already built and loves for it.

As soon as they showed Nina joining Frankie to look at the stars, I started dreading the upcoming proposal. The siblings' marriage conversation was too big of an anvil to miss. Why are they getting married? Because an ep ago they thought just pretending not to be involved was the best way to deal with her mother? Because they've been together a whole few months? Or could it be because his sister is making a huge life change and his brother put the idea of marriage in his head? Ding, ding, ding! I do believe that is my crappy, stupid answer. They were being so cute in that scene too.

Positives- I have always loved Korsak and Maura's scenes and tonight was no different. They treat each other like adults in a way that few other characters on this show do. It seems like it's been way too long since they had a scene together. I also continue to love Kent and Maura together. Their scene was lovely, as was that she had already been discussing the case with him. Also, Maura's graveside outfit was fabulous and I cracked up at Tommy telling Angela not to give TJ popsicles for dinner (been there). The final scene was just beautiful too.

Other negatives- that ugly tank top Maura had on at the end, the horrible family at the beginning, and the creepy, awful case.

Edited by l star
There is not the same as their.
  • Love 5

Apparently when Frankie realized that Jane was leaving, he couldn't bear the thought of the squad room with only ONE Rizolli--so he'll create another one.

I actually thought the same thing about making a new Rizzoli!

• Love 2
59 minutes ago, UncleChuck said:

Apparently when Frankie realized that Jane was leaving, he couldn't bear the thought of the squad room with only ONE Rizolli--so he'll create another one.

In the meantime, Tommy can do plumbing work at BPD, filling a Rizzoli slot.  Sad to see the writers had Tommy drinking (again), when the last time we saw him  he was in AA.  I wish they'd stay away from serious medical conditions: biliary atresia can be treated with a liver transplant.  Of course, we knew the baby would live by some sort of miracle.  Who were those Mason family members at the cemetery?  "Animal Kingdom" auditioners?

2 minutes ago, Scamp said:

In the meantime, Tommy can do plumbing work at BPD, filling a Rizzoli slot.  Sad to see the writers had Tommy drinking (again), when the last time we saw him  he was in AA.  I wish they'd stay away from serious medical conditions: biliary atresia can be treated with a liver transplant.  Of course, we knew the baby would live by some sort of miracle.  Who were those Mason family members at the cemetery?  "Animal Kingdom" auditioners?

Jan tweeted (only when someone asked her mind you) that Tommy was drinking Near Beer. Wow I can't believe how far this show has fallen with her at the helm. It makes me mad because yet again another lesbian showrunner (I. Marlene King and Ilene "fucking" Chaiken being the other ones) are giving us lesbians a bad name as far as telling good stories.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, maraleia said:

Jan tweeted (only when someone asked her mind you) that Tommy was drinking Near Beer. Wow I can't believe how far this show has fallen with her at the helm. It makes me mad because yet again another lesbian showrunner (I. Marlene King and Ilene "fucking" Chaiken being the other ones) are giving us lesbians a bad name as far as telling good stories.

Missed that Near Beer clarification.  I hope someday to learn just what Jan Nash and TNT/WB agreed on for R&I. No homo, obviously.  What cowards.

12 minutes ago, Scamp said:

Missed that Near Beer clarification.  I hope someday to learn just what Jan Nash and TNT/WB agreed on for R&I. No homo, obviously.  What cowards.

On second thought, having read Jan Nash's "Near Beer" tweet, I shake my elderly head in amazement: live-tweeting important character info instead of having it in the script?  Somethings' wrong here.

• Love 1

I couldn't even finish watching this.  It's just horrible!  

Isn't Angela supposed to be working?  Not sitting at a table all day playing connect 4 with her grandson?

Maura looking through medical books trying to find a cure for the baby was comical.  Google Maura! Google!

The Rizzoli's are all broken up because Jane is leaving.  I don't remember any of them even batting an eye when Tommy left for Chicago.  And now Tommy is a plumber?  That was a quick apprenticeship or as Angela called it "plumber's training."

Why can't Korsack get his own show?  But with different writers, producers, costars, etc

• Love 6
13 hours ago, juliet73 said:

I couldn't even finish watching this.  It's just horrible!  

Isn't Angela supposed to be working?  Not sitting at a table all day playing connect 4 with her grandson?

Maura looking through medical books trying to find a cure for the baby was comical.  Google Maura! Google!

The Rizzoli's are all broken up because Jane is leaving.  I don't remember any of them even batting an eye when Tommy left for Chicago.  And now Tommy is a plumber?  That was a quick apprenticeship or as Angela called it "plumber's training."

Why can't Korsack get his own show?  But with different writers, producers, costars, etc

He probably asks himself that on a daily basis!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, bosawks said:

I would think that, at this point, Maura would personally drive Jane to Quantico and wish her a nice life......

My Rizzles shipper version: Maura drives Jane to Quantico, bites her lip so as to not kiss in public, watches Jane walk away, then tosses her keys to some NAT, and runs after Jane screaming, "Jane, I love you, wait for me!"  If only they had the intestinal fortitude.  

1 minute ago, Scamp said:

My Rizzles shipper version: Maura drives Jane to Quantico, bites her lip so as to not kiss in public, watches Jane walk away, then tosses her keys to some NAT, and runs after Jane screaming, "Jane, I love you, wait for me!"  If only they had the intestinal fortitude.  

Yeah, it's like the show's been neutered.

• Love 1

It makes me mad because yet again another lesbian showrunner (I. Marlene King and Ilene "fucking" Chaiken being the other ones)

See, I could have watched this show for a dozen more years and never ONCE considered the sexual preference of a showrunner.  And if I had known, I cannot imagine how little I would have cared.

• Love 2

So, yeah, that episode… happened. This show is a chore to watch at this point, sadly.

Maura's b-story with the baby was about as subtly written as a bag of hammers. It was almost embarrassing to watch, actually. Though I did enjoy the scene of Maura and Korsak - I wish we could've gotten more like that over the years.

So Jane is leaving and lets her entire circle of family and friends find out from the FBI's HR department? Wow. Classy, Jane, real classy. And never mind that it makes no sense that she'd suddenly want to leave after seven years of being completely happy in Boston at the PD. Whatever, show. Clearly I care about as much as the TPTB at this point. Which is very little.

Frankie's proposal to Nina is so sudden it would've given me whiplash if I hadn't seen it coming miles away, but who cares because Jordan Bridges is still adorable in my book and I'll take as many scenes of him as I can get. And Nina has great hair.

So we get return appearances by Tommy and Hope, but no sign of Maura's adoptive parents? That sucks. Though I have to say that I've always wanted to commend the casting department for the Rizzoli siblings, because Angie, Jordan and Colin really look as though they could be related.

Two left. Hope they manage to revive a little bit from the past few. Yeesh...

• Love 2

This episode seemed so disjointed with too many subplots crammed in.  And Maura's was actually kind of offensive, on top of being badly written.  It had a white savior feel to it, IMO.  Maybe it was the prayer thing, because if she would have arranged a liver transplant for the baby, I wouldn't have given it a second thought.  

If you cut out the baby story it would have worked much better for me.  And it would have been nice if Nina and Frankie/proposal had gotten a little more time instead of being squished in with half a dozen other things. 

• Love 5
On August 24, 2016 at 9:41 PM, tessaray said:

And Maura's was actually kind of offensive, on top of being badly written.  It had a white savior feel to it, IMO.  Maybe it was the prayer thing, because if she would have arranged a liver transplant for the baby, I wouldn't have given it a second thought.  

Agreed on all counts, offensive, poorly written and a liver transplant wasn't even mentioned (as possible or not, as the case may be and I was wondering why they didn't at least explore that as an option?)

(do we have a speculation thread?  At this point, it seems silly to start one now if there isn't but I couldn't find one.  The previews have me wondering something: 

Spoiler

Jane's new potential guy/FBI dude looks SO much like Kent.. at first I thought that might've been accidental but now I'm wondering if it was intentional and what that could mean?

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Callietwo said:

(do we have a speculation thread?  At this point, it seems silly to start one now if there isn't but I couldn't find one.  The previews have me wondering something: 

Hide contents

Jane's new potential guy/FBI dude looks SO much like Kent.. at first I thought that might've been accidental but now I'm wondering if it was intentional and what that could mean?

I put some speculation, based on Tweeted stills of the finale, on the R&I in the Media thread.  Is that okay?  

Case of week was dull to me I was barely paying attention. One thing though I really want the shirt- dress and shoes Angie was wearing in the last scene where she was on the bench with Sasha. I would also happily take Angie's legs they looked amazing.