Type keyword(s) to search

As Seen On TV: Does ANY of this crap work?

• Start Topic

I've started taking Meloxicam for my Arthritis. It is an rx so your dr has to write a script for it. Not only do I have Arthritis in my hands I also have several Trigger Fingers. I take the lowest dose of the Meloxicam 7.5 mg once a day and it does help the Arthritis not so much the fingers. I have some other health issues the preclude taking any higher a dose than the 7.5mg.  I do have to say, I felt the Arthritis much improved when I started taking it! 

@peacheslatour I know it isn't advertised on TV but I did want to share just in case it can help you.

• Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
On 10/17/2018 at 10:36 AM, BigBingerBro said:

OMG I just remember another commercial that is playing in my area that just grates.   I can't recall the exact name, but it's for a CPAP cleaner and it just goes on and on with various testimonials from people that came from the back woods of the deep south.  One is a female nurse, who exclaims that she should have known better and it never dawned on her that she might be breathing in bacterial-filled gunk all night long.  Then there's another guy who pronounces "sanitized" in such a glorious way, that's really all you hear.

Does anyone know if this CPAP cleaner works? I keep meaning to ask my CPAP supplier but keep forgetting.

36 minutes ago, Gharlane said:

Does anyone know if this CPAP cleaner works? I keep meaning to ask my CPAP supplier but keep forgetting.

Have you tried Google ? That's usually the first place I look if I want to know if something works as advertised. 

• Useful 1
1 minute ago, Shrek said:

Have you tried Google ? That's usually the first place I look if I want to know if something works as advertised. 

I check the reviews on Amazon, always reading the "one-star" reviews first.

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, Prevailing Wind said:

I check the reviews on Amazon, always reading the "one-star" reviews first.

Interesting, I usually put them in newest reviews first order and go down the list from there as they may have ironed out any early problems or got complacent & the product has gone downhill lately.

• Like 1
  • Useful 4
5 hours ago, Shrek said:

Interesting, I usually put them in newest reviews first order and go down the list from there as they may have ironed out any early problems or got complacent & the product has gone downhill lately.

Usually, though, it's the complaints about customer service combined with a potentially defective product that put me off.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, tres bien said:

I keep picturing some gullible soul opening their cabinet and hundreds of bottles of supplements tumbling out

We had a relative whose cabinet looked like that.

• Like 1
(edited)

I guess Lume and Mando are successful, because there are now two other major companies doing whole body deodorant.  Secret, and Dove too.   So, I guess there will be others eventually.    I just saw a Dove Men's all-over deodorant commercial.  Is Lume really all that successful?   I gues so to get all of the competitors. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1
On 2/12/2024 at 7:46 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I guess Lume and Mando are successful, because there are now two other major companies doing whole body deodorant.  Secret, and another brand (maybe Dove?), so I guess there will be others eventually.   

The Secret commercial was awful.  Can't remember the gory details as I was trying to remember the product name as an example of ads that are really getting more offensive all the time.

• Like 2
(edited)

Balance of Nature has a slew of new spokespeople trying to make it look like B of N is a legitimate supplement. You will be a better athlete, a more creative artist, a healthier person that you can't achieve without taking six capsules (or 3 of each) a day. Which are not inexpensive.

I'm not buying into this until someone here testifies to it's effectiveness 

Edited by tres bien