Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Gemma Violet said:

Or maybe he's just looking for another avenue to make money (although most podcasts aren't very lucrative).  It must be hard feeding a family of five on an Assistant D.A.'s salary plus whatever Jill brings in with her social media.  The book deal no doubt helped, but that was a one-time thing.

And Oklahoma DA staff lawyer salaries aren't on the lavish end of the scale, for sure. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

According to Google Derick should be making somewhere around $50,000. Certainly enough to get by on, especially since I think their house is mortgage free.

I would think there are far more lucrative side gigs that would take much less time and effort than a podcast.

• Like 7

He's probably looking at a podcast as being similar to filming for the show, where he just showed up and talked and got paid.  The good ones take a LOT of work, and I'm not sure he's willing to put it in.  There aren't enough people who want to hear what he says without his wife, and fewer care about what he has to say.

• Like 16
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I would think there are far more lucrative side gigs that would take much less time and effort than a podcast.

He could work for H&R Block or some other firm, doing taxes at tax-time. In fact, I though Izzy was wearing an accounting t-shirt in a recent photo and I wondered if Derick was already doing that?

• Like 6

They have a lot followers on SM. But they would seem to fall into two main groups. Duggar lovers who want family pics, updates on the children etc. Then what they might call hate followers, who want more dirt on the JB and the Duggar clan.

Anything outside off those two things would be a lot of work for Derrick to gain a following in my opinion

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Derick Jill must be pulling out the laptop and starting a book on boundaries, called Family (dys)Function.

The cover: 😁🤠

image.png.bece85806d14ab125bd5922843c052d2.png

Did Derrick borrow the hat from Jinger?  

• LOL 20

Derick probably still has missionary dreams and since he can't do that, nor is anyone clamoring to put him back on TV, he figures a podcast where there's no one to censor him is the next best thing.

• Like 5