Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E05: Beer Goggles

I don't want to defend Gio because he's using editing to defend his irresponsible behavior both then and now, but if Kaylen/John were in the whipped cream game as he claims on Twitter, that's context we should've seen.

Cam was so drunk he doesn't remember the hook-up? Doubt it.  These poor girls let themselves be used and tossed aside.  Some of these dudes are rats! 

I like Sam,  and Steven the most.   

What is so special about Julia, that they all drool over? She's pretty, but so are the others.  Tori is my favorite girl and I hope she is a match with Morgan. 

• Love 3

I think they drool over Julia because she's pretty and not making a huge effort to find her match.  She lets them come to her, so the guys think she's more interesting than she actually is.

• Love 6

I have to wonder about how great it really is in the honeymoon suite.  I mean, after awhile, wouldn't you want to be around other people?

It is weird that all the men are fixated on Julia, seemingly out of nowhere.  I feel bad for Tori.  I like her quite a bit, and she's gotten a raw deal so far, but seems to keep trying.  It's a bit crazy that any of these people are on a dating show, though, really.

I also wonder about this whole "perfect match" business.  This is my first time watching this show (to see who will eventually turn up on The Challenge), and I just have to believe that it's really the best match of the people cast on the show.  Does anyone know if any previous "perfect matches" from this show are still together?

• Love 3

My biggest issue with the show, who the hell determines what a "perfect match" really is?

And why is it a better method than all the online dating sites claim to have?

Not to mention, it would be REALLY easy for producer manipulation since no one but them knows who their match really is. They could change the matches at a whim for maximum drama and who would know?

Regardless, great trainwreck TV...

Though you can tell they cast insecure women and immature, horndog boys for a reason...not a great mix for actually finding a soulmate.

And yeah, Julia is certainly cute, but nothing worth fighting over. I think at this point, she is just a prize the guys are fighting over because other guys want her.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, hilaryvm said:

I also wonder about this whole "perfect match" business.  This is my first time watching this show (to see who will eventually turn up on The Challenge), and I just have to believe that it's really the best match of the people cast on the show.  Does anyone know if any previous "perfect matches" from this show are still together?

One couple got married and had a baby, Amber and Ethan from the first season. 

The first two seasons I thought most the match ups made sense. I thought those seasons were better at letting us get to know all the contestants so I could see why people were "perfect matches". 

Last season, most of the match ups didn't make sense at all. 

This season, I still don't know who some people are. A few people are getting most the screen time. 

Noone else besides Kaylen seems to want Gio now, John doesn't seem to be popular with the ladies either. I wonder what poor girls will be stuck with them.

• Love 2

I have to wonder about how great it really is in the honeymoon suite.  I mean, after awhile, wouldn't you want to be around other people?

It is weird that all the men are fixated on Julia, seemingly out of nowhere.  I feel bad for Tori.  I like her quite a bit, and she's gotten a raw deal so far, but seems to keep trying.  It's a bit crazy that any of these people are on a dating show, though, really.

One "perfect match" couple from the first season actually got married and had a baby. However, in general, this shit doesn't seem to work, hahaha.

Another perfect match together is Cameron and Mikala, they had an interview and said they are now living together. There are three other couples still together but they were all non matches

• Love 1

I felt bad for the young lady that went on a date with Prosper, Nicole I think her name was.  Totally blind sided and to do it in front of everyone like that, cruel.  She's one of the girls I like the most, pretty, sweet, what's not to like?

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Dirtybubble said:

I felt bad for the young lady that went on a date with Prosper, Nicole I think her name was.  Totally blind sided and to do it in front of everyone like that, cruel.  She's one of the girls I like the most, pretty, sweet, what's not to like?

Yeah...that was awful. And she's already been screwed over by that dread locks guy (the one matched with Kaylen at that).

15 hours ago, Frootloop Dingus said:

Cameron is cute and always makes me think of young James Spader.  Anyone else?

Meh kinda I guess.  They are ok I guess but I forget they are part of the show honestly. 

This is the first season I've watched this show but aren't we suppose to have a honeymoon suite....thingy where we see them?  I guess we have to wait until another couple joins them b/c right now it would be boring just to watch these 2 together.  *shrug*

I feel so bad for the girls this season. I don't know if I'm forgetting about the last few seasons of men, but it feels that this group of men is particularly... unappealing. To say the least. Cameron was the only one that I genuinely liked. The rest are either icky, weird, or plain unattractive. Was I the only one very surprised by Cam's behavior after hooking up with Victoria? Even on the off chance that he did forget what happened, I don't understand why he would suddenly be so stand-offish with her, when they had been talking for quite a bit at that point. It just struck me as odd, and I wonder if there was something else going on that we didn't see. 

Gio is just gross. I feel very bad for the girl who ends up being his match, because honestly, I don't think any of them are interested. For whatever reason, he seems to think of himself as quite a catch, as if he can get any and all of the girls he wants, but I distinctly remember one of the first episodes where he was going off on how "real" he is (or some stupid BS like that), and all of the girls were like "WTF is he talking about?" -- Kaylen was only one who was like "Yes, preach!" to whatever nonsense he was spouting. Based on the girls' personalities, I just don't see any of them meshing very well with Gio's style and vibe. If he thinks he's going to get Julia, he's sadly mistaken, even in the unlikely event that they are a "perfect" match, because he's clearly not Julia's type.

• Love 5

Victoria had so much make-up on and her fake lashes were so massive, it looked like she had 2 black fuzzy caterpillars hanging out on her eyelids.

Also, did Kaylen say she had been hooked on Gio for like a week and a half? They've only been there a week and a half? You'd think some of them having been dating for at least a few weeks-months. 

My least favorite parts of the show: the incredibly horrible fashion (wtf are these women wearing? are they trying to look unflattering on purpose?) and how unattractive the majority of the guys are, especially compared to the women. I mean, their personalities make them look even uglier, but they could all use a make-over (and some haircuts), and half the girls could use a make-under. And some underwear.

• Love 1
On 7/19/2016 at 3:50 PM, Jenkins said:

. I think at this point, she is just a prize the guys are fighting over because other guys want her.

This right here is the ONLY reason she has several guys all over her...the fact that she showed no real interest in anyone and actually dissed John, who first "claimed" her. Now all the guys want to prove they are the "best" and "win" her. I think she kind of sucks 

• Love 2

Most of these people are still in their early 20s and it appears to me that they are more interested in the idea of love than actually being committed to the process of finding love and maintaining that kind of relationship. These people don't really know each other and instead of spending their days having real conversations about life, about opinions, they spend talking about trivial things or licking whip cream of chests. How exactly does that lead to finding your perfect match? I'm not at all surprised that Gio and Kaylen weren't a match. If they were honest with themselves, they would have known this based purely off their very first conversation with one another. Most are invested in pursuing physical attractions, not mental or emotional connections. Not sure why Gio is even there. He seems to think that by finding his perfect match he will finally be able to settle down. Perhaps he's too young and inexperienced to realize that you have to be ready for that kind of commitment and relationship. You can't want and live one way and think that the solution is simply waiting for someone to sweep into your life and completely change the way you think. Just get it out of your system now because you're only wasting people's time by acting like you're open to real love but the truth is that your openness has a lot of conditions attached to it.

I didn't feel bad for Victoria. Maybe she's used to guys approaching her but that entire thing with Cam was self-inflicted on her part. She knew he was drink and she's the one that was putting it out there. He went along with it. She felt humiliated the next morning because he couldn't remember but in fairness, he said it wasn't a random hookup, but it was just too drunk to remember. He seemed surprised and confused that she pretty much tossed him to the side after his confession which makes me think that he's not playing dumb. He really didn't remember. She's crying about not making connections and finding love but she's sabotaging the one guy in the house that has showed interest in her all because she feels humiliated that she prodded him into sleeping with her while the man was drunk. Get over yourself Victoria.

• Love 1

I do find it weird that he couldn't remember hooking up with her. They had sex, right? I've blacked out during my drinking days but I feel like I would remember the most intimate physical activity one could partake in. Unless he legit passed out before sex and she took advantage of him? hmm. 

Plus if you were that drunk, wouldn't you have a case of whiskey dick anyway? Could he even get it up?