Type keyword(s) to search

Amish in the Media: Oxymoron?

This must be the media thread where you can post what is going on in real time.

Sabrina has made the biggest mistake of her life by getting back with her abusive ex and getting pregnant again !

She was doing so well with getting her daughter back and it is too soon for her to deal with another pregnancy and new baby now! I hope she can handle it all !

• Love 1

From what I read she wasn't back with him. I take it they had some hook ups but she is claiming (last I saw) that they were not back together. It to me just showed though her judgement is not good when she is making such bad choices like that. 

• Love 2

More bad news for Sabrina, she lost custody of Oakley again. This was from Starcasm, but it looks like apparently some friend of hers died in her car of a heart attack just the other day, and her daughter was taken away while an investigation is taking place. It was a male, and I don't know whether or not he was a drug user. She had posted a bunch of stuff on Twitter and then deleted it at her lawyer's advice, but it looks like her court date will be on Sept 7. 

3 hours ago, CarolMK said:

More bad news for Sabrina, she lost custody of Oakley again. This was from Starcasm, but it looks like apparently some friend of hers died in her car of a heart attack just the other day, and her daughter was taken away while an investigation is taking place. It was a male, and I don't know whether or not he was a drug user. She had posted a bunch of stuff on Twitter and then deleted it at her lawyer's advice, but it looks like her court date will be on Sept 7. 

http://starcasm.net/archives/356648 the link to that if its ok to have here. If not sorry. It sounds like there is A LOT missing out of that story there. They don't take a child like that for no reason. I wouldn't put it past Sabrina to not tell the whole truth on what went on. While she is pregnant she might not take drugs, which would be why she can say she is testing clean but I don't think she understands that just because they had over your child that you are in the clear. They will keep an eye on things for as long as they feel they should. Well those that do the job correctly I should say since it seems where I am its not always the case sadly. I don't know if it was said when she is due with this other baby but if she doesn't straighten herself up she will lose that one as well right after she has it. Which is terrible but she doesn't seem to be showing good judgment at all in many ways. I said it before. She should not have come back to the show. She was obviously in a shaking position. She looked like she was still using in parts of the show and just not taking care of herself in a way you would think one would that was trying to get their child back. I feel bad for her but she sounds to be playing the victim role up in all she is saying since she knows many will fall for it. I didn't see her taking responsibility for anything happening either but instead was blaming others for this happening. She rambles in the tweets about being an advocate for others like herself.....SMH I think she first needs to learn to deal with her own issues, staying clean and showing good judgement before she tries to do such things. If you have to have your lawyer tell you to shut it you are not showing good judgement. She should have known from the get go to keep it quiet and to herself. Of course if she doesn't say things she can't blame the "victim" card and get the attention she is wanting. I just hope she gets it together for her kids sake and herself. 

5 hours ago, CarolMK said:

Her friend probably OD'd.  And I'm not surprised she lost custody of her daughter, I figured it was a matter of time. 

Sabrina probably came back to the show because she really needed the money. I don't know what other type of job she has, if any, and I really don't know how much each person is paid per season. Let's say it was a total of about $25,000. That amount could make a difference in proving she can support her daughter. 

Looks like Jeremiah has been posting his wedding photos all over Facebook. I guess he wants his fans to remember him if he never makes it back to the show. I always suspected he was a bit of a fame whore, now I know it's really true. The other participants don't seem to  do that, they keep their social media private for the most part. 

Oh agree he is totally a fame whore. He seems to be the only one that let's you know when he is out in places and even more so selling something. He is just disgusting all around. 

Sure Sabrina could have used the money I don't doubt but its not going to show she can provide for her daughter constantly since the show isn't filmed year round and is not a steady gig. It could (and should) be the end of it at this point. So she needs to find something steady to show she can do that no matter what else is going on. That really would have been better for her to do because no matter what she wasn't showing us a stable person on this show. The show was wrong for putting her back on as well in that state. 

Just saw that this show is starting up at the end of then month--after all the stuff Kate shared about how it's produced and manipulated, I'm kinda surprised they all came back for more (didn't see her in the previews). Ought to be interesting!

I know I read something about another season but nothing on when. If Kate wasn't in the previews then I hope it means she told them where they can take the show and shove it. 

I just read this at starcasm about the season. So much bs. So no wonder there was no news on Sabrina and Oakley's custody. They want to play it out on the show which says to me a lot about her as well. If she was so concerned with her kids, sobriety and doing what was right for her family she would tell the show to screw its self but she won't of course. The whole thing with Jeremiah's wacked cult freak wife.....omg that whole curse thing again brought up. Those 2 disgust me so much. The stuff with Mary....are they for real with that crap? EEEWWWW The show should have died and been done a while ago. Kate is the smartest one from it to not keep going back and to move on with her life. 

• Love 1

Yes which I am assuming will end up part of the show as well. Meanwhile she really should have been, yet again, dealing with her real life issues instead of signing on to do another season of this crapfest show that just makes her look more and more unstable. 

http://starcasm.net/archives/368430 http://starcasm.net/archives/368486

Looks like Jeremiah was arrested for domestic violence. The one message he posted makes it sound like he is blaming everyone else in a round about way.  His adopted parents didn't give their approval so it let him down, he married and divorced, looking for approval on SM, blah blah blah... Basically he was excusing his behavior on not getting approval for her and everyone else. He claims he is getting counseling but we all know this is something he has done before. Here we have TLC supporting this piece of crap woman beater by putting him on the show over and over and over again. Hell even picking him to be on it with the arrests he had before this show started...guess that channel loves criminals. SMH Honestly I would bet he was this way to her before they got married and if he wasn't until after he had shown on the show what a horrible piece of crap abusive person he was when it came to even the smallest thing. She should have said forget it then but now moved to the other side of the U.S. with her kids to be around that. 

To answer about the other baby, I would guess at this point probably was taken from her if she wasn't sooner. There is obviously a lot of the story not told and doubt ever will be on why Oakley was taken but for it to happen so fast that she lost her rights, I take it there was A LOT of crap that went down and she was repeatedly warned to knock it off or it would get to this point. She seems to always have an excuse that is trying to play up like she isn't to bright and I don't buy it. They will explain it as simple as one would need to get points across in a court. I can see her rights taken with this little baby as well because she can't stop acting as she does but makes excuses for it all. I don't feel bad for Sabrina but for those 2 little girls. I just hope Sabrina doesn't have more.

I don't think her Mennonite family can help her at this point either. She had gone back there before when she was trying to get Oakley back the first time. What she needs to is to learn to take responsibility for her own actions. To want the help she needs and get in a rehab with real therapy. Then keep away from those that were part of her messy drug life. She has to stop playing victim and expecting everyone else to suck it up and do things for her (support, money, home, etc). Until she does all these things she is always going to repeat the crap she has been. 

• Love 1
On 6/5/2017 at 3:07 PM, gonecrackers said:

Does he have PR? Sounds like it.

I hope Carmela has sense enough to get out of their mess of a marriage.

She doesn't. There was an article on them being in CO recently and her driving when they were in a car accident. She is still with him and buying his bs. I think whoever is the admin of his page is who wrote his so called apology. He is far from sorry for anything he does. And she is stupid for staying with him and having her kids around that behavior. 

• Love 1
On 6/6/2017 at 6:52 PM, Evil Queen said:

She doesn't. There was an article on them being in CO recently and her driving when they were in a car accident. She is still with him and buying his bs. I think whoever is the admin of his page is who wrote his so called apology. He is far from sorry for anything he does. And she is stupid for staying with him and having her kids around that behavior. 

I just have to keep asking myself how bad Carmella's life was that she thinks being married to Jeremiah is a step up in the world and she's still with him, despite his dreadful behavior toward her.  As stunted as she is, it speaks volumes to me that she behaves more like the adult in the relationship than Jeremiah ever could dream of doing.  It's not saying much, I know.  As one poster pointed out, she sought him out on FB or other page. His arrest record and marital history are well documented enough both on tv and court records for most women to run like hell the other way. She's definitely a glutton for punishment, but after years in that cult, I think she really believes on some level that she deserves this kind of treatment because that was part of the mind control and conditioning and reinforcement she received in the cult.  She clearly is stuck there and hasn't moved much past it since.

• Love 1

How long was Carmella in the cult? I know she joined as a teen but when did she leave? I think most of how she is is played up for the show though. I don't remember as well why she joined. Anyone remember? 

On 6/8/2017 at 11:44 AM, Evil Queen said:

How long was Carmella in the cult? I know she joined as a teen but when did she leave? I think most of how she is is played up for the show though. I don't remember as well why she joined. Anyone remember? 

I read somewhere that her dad bailed out on his family and went back to Mexico and left them to fend for themselves.  I guess they were vulnerable enough at this point to get sucked into a cult, particularly if it meant a roof over their heads and something to eat.

http://starcasm.net/archives/370929

So Carmella is in Florida living in one place and supposedly Jeremiah in another according to that article. Interesting part of things is that she says Jeremiah's parents live near by. Gee so much for his parents being these horrible people he can't stand and such huh? Also her kids are in Washington going to school but she is living in Florida. Who knows who is raising them but obviously she isn't. The whole thing with her saying "our children" is such a damn joke. Its her kids and his kids...which neither seem to be involved with and parent. Seems like they are trying to do some damage control and at as if they are getting help and fixing their unhealthy relationship. Sorry but not buying he will change ever. This isn't his first trip to the rodeo and won't be his last. As was said in the comments on that article, its a classic case of abuser/enabler. In many ways its probably best her kids are far from her....for as long as she stays with him. 

• Love 1
(edited)

This was not up on their site until now that I saw. Anyway some good news on Rebecca's and the GED....http://starcasm.net/archives/371369 Says she passed. She had to retake the Math part but did it. The show did not include how she had already passed everything else but that part. I sounds like she is pretty smart to have her Twitter account set to private. I'm proud of Rebecca for getting that done and passing. WTG to her!!! I hope she keeps getting the education she wants for the dental field. 

A side note: that site I swear tries to kiss any reality tv person's ass. They have to throw in how they hope to see next season with her looking into college courses....did they not see how miserable she was in that disaster of a show or get why her Twitter is on private? SMH

Edited by Evil Queen
  • Love 1

Thanks for sharing that ethalfrida

BTW, I read the drama between Carmela and Jeremiah got worse and they are done. Of course he is making up every excuse in the book for why he did what he had to her and how it wasn't abuse at all but her fault for things. SMH I honestly do not get why he is allowed to be with his kids without being supervised. 

• Love 2