Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: 1, 2, 3 Non-Cheerleader Conversation

• Start Topic

(edited)
22 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I can't remember his name - bio dad so something Jackson. It would be an easy google, but I'm at work. Your turn! 

Edited by QuiteCalM
P.S. Union of the snake is my fave. "Let's just end on the stairs".
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, QuiteCalM said:

@Rosiemac and @DCCFAN71:

FRIDAY NIGHT LINEUP:

Dukes of Hazzard

Wonder Woman

The Incredible Hulk

Dallas

Falcon Crest (eventually)

SATURDAY NIGHT LINEUP:

Dance Fever (WITH DENNY TERRIO!)

Solid Gold (FEATURING THE SOLID GOLD DANCERS!)

Love Boat

Fantasy Island

Nothing will ever, ever ever match these lineups. EVER.

Um was M*A*S*H on a weekday bc it was can't miss TV back then, still is for me. I totally love this list and miss TV like this

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, twinkietwin94 said:

Um was M*A*S*H on a weekday bc it was can't miss TV back then, still is for me. I totally love this list and miss TV like this

I think M*A*S*H was on a weekday, yes. And I never miss a single ep when it's on and I can catch it. I absolutely love that show. Chokes me up constantly.

Isn't that an amzing lineup?! I mean, I just miss being ENTERTAINED. No political preaching, no message of what's wrong with me or society, no, just entertained.

@Rosiemac and @DCCFAN71:

FRIDAY NIGHT LINEUP:

Dukes of Hazzard

Wonder Woman

The Incredible Hulk

Dallas

Falcon Crest (eventually)

SATURDAY NIGHT LINEUP:

Dance Fever (WITH DENNY TERRIO!)

Solid Gold (FEATURING THE SOLID GOLD DANCERS!)

Love Boat

Fantasy Island

Nothing will ever, ever ever match these lineups. EVER.

I loved Dionne Warwick!!! And who did not want to be Wonder Woman. 

• Love 1
Just now, Rosiemac said:

I just like, ASSUMED I'd grow up to look exactly like her. Like, "Oh! Yeah! I wanna look like THAT! Great, nature! Do yer magic. I'm waiting.".

I'm still waiting.

• Love 1
Just now, QuiteCalM said:

I just like, ASSUMED I'd grow up to look exactly like her. Like, "Oh! Yeah! I wanna look like THAT! Great, nature! Do yer magic. I'm waiting.".

I'm still waiting.

I have the blue eyes and brunette hair...and used to have that figure;) Still saving for my invisible jet plane!

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Rosiemac said:

I have the blue eyes and brunette hair...and used to have that figure;) Still saving for my invisible jet plane!

LOL ditto on all. Except for the chest. I am *NOT* blessed in the chest. When I was younger and smug, I said "WELL! At least when I'm old, I won't have to worry about saggy boobs because they're small!". WRONG. Bra size: 34 long.

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, Rosiemac said:

When the new WW movie came out I said we needed to go see it, hubby said we hadn't seen any other DC movies in the theater (though we go to all the Marvel movies) I said WE ARE GOING! He should have known better my 30th b-day party, shared with a good friend, his side of the cake was I think spiderman, mine was WW.  After we got home from the movie I actually crocheted a headband to match the new one. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, twinkietwin94 said:

When the new WW movie came out I said we needed to go see it, hubby said we hadn't seen any other DC movies in the theater (though we go to all the Marvel movies) I said WE ARE GOING! He should have known better my 30th b-day party, shared with a good friend, his side of the cake was I think spiderman, mine was WW.  After we got home from the movie I actually crocheted a headband to match the new one. 

This little baby is next on my needles:) http://www.ravelry.com/projects/nosmallfeet/wonder-woman-wrap

• Love 1
1 minute ago, twinkietwin94 said:

I DRESSED UP to go see Wonder Woman, I'm a huge nerd fan. Like I made my costume to look like the movie one and had a cape and such, I was ready for this movie since Suicide Squad came out

• Love 1
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Rosiemac said:

This little baby is next on my needles:) http://www.ravelry.com/projects/nosmallfeet/wonder-woman-wrap

I saw that one on Pinterest and was thinking I could crochet one like it. I have gold and red yarn already

the headband is on my IG https://www.instagram.com/twinkietwin94/ 

I'd love to follow y'all in IG if you share your profiles

Edited by twinkietwin94
forgot my IG is private LOL
  • Love 2

@DanceChick

A QUOKKA!!! OMG!! I WANT a dozen Quokkas and three 'roos please. Thank you.

Perth looks AMAZING. I really want to move to Australia when my husband retires, and work as an esthetician there. Do you know about the immigration laws there? Hubby says everything in Australia that isn't human basically wants to kill you. Ever seen the spiders that Australia comes up with?

Man this is so funny, we were just talking about this the other night. Crocodile Dundee was on. I'm sorry, I know how idiotic that sounds, and yes, I kind of AM that idiotic.

12 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

Twinkie you're SO LOVELY!! I love your hair!

You know I'm not mature enough to have social media.

awww thank you! sleeping in a french braid does wonderful things to my hair

LMAO I hate to think I have to be mature to have social media

• Love 1
1 minute ago, QuiteCalM said:

@DanceChick

A QUOKKA!!! OMG!! I WANT a dozen Quokkas and three 'roos please. Thank you.

Perth looks AMAZING. I really want to move to Australia when my husband retires, and work as an esthetician there. Do you know about the immigration laws there? Hubby says everything in Australia that isn't human basically wants to kill you. Ever seen the spiders that Australia comes up with?

Man this is so funny, we were just talking about this the other night. Crocodile Dundee was on. I'm sorry, I know how idiotic that sounds, and yes, I kind of AM that idiotic.

Bahahahaha! Perth is so beautiful. Huge city and the best west coast beaches=gorgeous Indian Ocean sunsets. Not sure on immigration laws. I promised hubs we'd move there if a certain orange politician person won the election, so we may eventually head down undah. Yes, very dangerous spiders, snakes, drop bears (google that too).

quokka.jpg

• Love 1
Just now, DanceChick said:

Bahahahaha! Perth is so beautiful. Huge city and the best west coast beaches=gorgeous Indian Ocean sunsets. Not sure on immigration laws. I promised hubs we'd move there if a certain orange politician person won the election, so we may eventually head down undah. Yes, very dangerous spiders, snakes, drop bears (google that too).

quokka.jpg

I love these pics of your little one, so cute!!

2 minutes ago, twinkietwin94 said:

I love these pics of your little one, so cute!!

Thank you! She's tall and skinny now two years later! She's also obsessed with DCC and wants to try out someday lol.

recital.jpg.545a5be999760206a3018956a0612db4.jpg

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, DanceChick said:

quokka.jpg

Oh you tricky tricky Sheiler, you. Dropbear. That's akin to the American snipe, no doubt. Can't get one over on me. Gotta get up PRETTY early in the morning to fool ol Monica. I mean, sure I told my husband about it, googled it endlessly and read "news" reports of dropbear attacks, but eventually, I figured it out LMAO!!

I feel weird calling your crotch fruit "crotch fruit" now, because she's a precious little brown haired animal lover. That PIC!! SO ADORABLE!

Also, to agree with you while weaving within the bounds of board specs...I COMPLETELY agree. I suddenly feel the urge to explore new lands and run like the fucking wind.....

• Love 2
5 hours ago, twinkietwin94 said:

I saw that one on Pinterest and was thinking I could crochet one like it. I have gold and red yarn already

Mine is caleeksu and I'm public...it's mostly quilts tho. Well, maybe not as much as usual since I just left Dallas for KC a couple months ago ??

• Love 2
4 hours ago, QuiteCalM said:

Also, to agree with you while weaving within the bounds of board specs...I COMPLETELY agree. I suddenly feel the urge to explore new lands and run like the fucking wind.....

*waving hand wildly* me too me too

• Love 1
12 hours ago, kalibean said:

Mine is caleeksu and I'm public...it's mostly quilts tho. Well, maybe not as much as usual since I just left Dallas for KC a couple months ago ??

@kalibean you are darling and seem like such a Happy spirit on your IG.  Thank you for sharing that.  I love your Union Jack quilt!  Do you ever sell your quilts on Etsy or elsewhere?

18 hours ago, twinkietwin94 said:

@twinkietwin94 I tried to view your IG but it is private, and I do not have a public social media presence to connect up with you, so I will just have to wait until we all meet up at the DCC Fantasy Camp one day.  Your slept-in-French-braids look is so cute and takes me back, I used to do that as a teenager whenever I wanted some wave in my hair.  I love that photo of Judy cheering with the two ponytails for similar reasons, it's a real #TBT for us old-school girls.

• Love 3
(edited)

@QuiteCalM you are a storehouse of wit, humor, nostalgia, absurdity, and pop-culture references (and a few bee stings to keep it painful), and I think I may have said this before but you should really be an observational columnist for some paper, sort of an everywoman's Maureen Dowd.  Honestly you have enough material in you for a daily.  

And speaking of columnist, did anyone read David Brooks's absurd and "true" story of taking his everywoman "friend" out for an Italian sandwich?  Yeah, I totally believe that.

Edited by California Girl
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, Oklahomama said:

If y'all want my IG let me know! It's my name so I would rather PM it than leave it here

Mine's my name, but here it is instagram.com/elishevafraijo I'll follow some of you guys if you want! 

Just wanted to post a bit of an instruction of something neat that can help move a conversation here in Small Talk. By clicking the time stamp under the posters name of the post you'd like to continue to talk about elsewhere (sorry, that's a mouthful) a gray box will appear around the post. You can copy the "address" of it now from the address bar at the top. Then go to the correct topic and paste. 

And it will look like that. The red text is a link back to the original, but it will at least provide a good segue. 

Also, mocking anyone--including mods who are volunteers--is not the best way to Be Civil. Something to keep in mind.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Hummingbird24 said:

My IG is justplaintheresa. Feel free to follow me! ??

You can pm me. 

Just requested to follow you! ??

3 hours ago, ellekotonyok said:

Mine's my name, but here it is instagram.com/elishevafraijo I'll follow some of you guys if you want! 

Followed you too!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Hummingbird24 said:

My IG is justplaintheresa. Feel free to follow me! ??

You can pm me. 

3 hours ago, ellekotonyok said:

followed you both

• Love 1
(edited)

I'm on IG and mine is public. Only social media I keep open cuz there's mainly pictures of not me and shit I find pretty. PM me if you want in here and we can exchange IG names anyone who wants.

Edited by LilRedHerring
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, California Girl said:

@kalibean you are darling and seem like such a Happy spirit on your IG.  Thank you for sharing that.  I love your Union Jack quilt!  Do you ever sell your quilts on Etsy or elsewhere?

Oh goodness, thank you so much! I'm generally a cheerful person, but y'all know I can get my crank on for sure. Just send me to my sewing room with a cocktail and I'll shape up quickly. 

I don't sell any quilts, and I rarely even give them away ? I just started sewing less than three years ago, and I'm being greedy. My mom has a few, and a handful of close friends. I'm not nearly fast enough to make money with it. But it does make me happy!

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

@QuiteCalM your "Drop Dead Gorgeous" gif in the 2017 thread just about made me spit out my drink. That movie is a fucking masterpiece if I ever did see one. I miss Brittany Murphy.

zXYocwU.gif

MQFbpod.gif

2FiNtwn.gif

IB8HhUI.gif

OMG I know a few girls from that movie! DAD! dad. Guess what dad. PETER'S GAAAAY!!! 

Also, Allison Janney is one of the most underrated actresses ever!! 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, QuiteCalM said:

OMG I know a few girls from that movie! DAD! dad. Guess what dad. PETER'S GAAAAY!!! 

Allison Janney is utterly amazing!

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

Gk0HdPK.gif

Who do you know from the movie? That's amazing!

• Love 1
(edited)

How is it that all of you amazing posters know about this movie? I swear any time I ever mention it to anyone in real life, they've never heard of it, yet all of my fellow  DCC super freak fans know all about it! I love you guys!

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Oranaiche said:

Gk0HdPK.gif

Who do you know from the movie? That's amazing!

Just some of the extras from the shellfish barfing scene LOL. It was filmed in Minneapolis. I also met the actress in the "don't cry out loud" scene. A friend of mine grew up with her!

• Love 1

OK! Just made my first juice. Tasted like something that should be coming up, not going down, but I shall persevere. Note to self: Remove outer rind from citrus. Blech!

You don't want the white part of the rind...but you could add a little of the zest:)

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, Rosiemac said:

You don't want the white part of the rind...but you could add a little of the zest:)

Sounds good, I'll try that for sure! I made a "gazpacho" juice and it's actually tolerable. The more I drink it, the better it tastes. I'm just not used to how concentrated this is. WHEW! It is some potent stuff, man.