Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: 1, 2, 3 Non-Cheerleader Conversation

• Start Topic

I wouldn't guess radierettes. Personally I like broncos, Seattle, and maybe colts and dolphins. It really depends on your definition of "best" too. For instance, Tampa bay is full of show group talent, but sometimes their cheerleaders look disheveled due to poor hair and make up skills and maybe a little fluffy. Falcons have a lot of power but can occasionally look messy and maybe just too red of lipstick? And raiderettes are cute but have had repeated the same 1 or 2 sideline dances since the early 2000's or late 90's

• Love 3
On 10/14/2016 at 3:31 PM, DCCFanInKy said:

@ShellyB thx...so they can come here and audition/go through training camp without a visa?  Seems like it would be easier for them to go ahead and get the work visa before coming here.  Just wondering :)

Since it's a lengthy process, most start it a year before auditioning. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

In the spirit of non sequitor discussion topics .... favorite foods anyone?  I love pizza, brisket, pasta, and anything tex mex!

anything chicken.

9 hours ago, tobeyoungagain said:

In the spirit of non sequitor discussion topics .... favorite foods anyone?  I love pizza, brisket, pasta, and anything tex mex!

I'm 3 months pregnant... I love it all!! (Especially the Tex mex and pasta) 

• Love 4

Happy election day everyone, no matter who you're voting for just get out to vote (especially if you're voting clinton) LOL

6 hours ago, BritFan said:

Congratulations!! ?

Aww thanks!! I'm due right at auditions for next season, so I'll either be binge reading these boards while breast feeding, or never around because I'm asleep ?

• Love 2

I don't mind at all! This is my first and I'm super excited! I won't know if it's a little Chiefs player or future DCC until end of January, but as soon as I do I'll let ya'll know! I have been unbelievably lucky with my symptoms (or lack thereof) and I'm sure there are a million old wives tales about how that means I'm having a boy or girl because.... :)

I'll keep everyone posted! Just don't expect me to lose the baby weight as fast as some of these DCC gals, I think they must be superhuman...

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Bunnygirl said:

as an American woman, I am almost beside myself with sadness, grief, and a feeling of dread for what may become of us all in the wake of what has befallen us today.  God help us all.

I don't believe in God, but damn if there ever was a moment for him to reveal this was all a joke lol

I'm not picking on either one of you, but if we could all agree to make this forum political post free, it would really help my nausea. :) 

this is what the United States is about, rising up from the ashes and becoming greater! Let's do this, team USA! 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, JC123 said:

In other news, I've been ill for a week and had no appetite but I've lost 8 pounds woooooohoooooo ?

I'm still getting over my cold from last week. Back has been hurting so bad.

I always feel like sushi is light, even when I eat way more of it than what is good for me ?

I'd been fairly indifferent to sushi until I went to Tanoshii here in Chicago....the chef/owner's name is Mike and he is hilarious and amazing and completely ruined me for sushi anywhere else.  Apparently he used to work at Nobu in NYC before coming to Chi.  Whenever we go in we always sit at the bar so we can talk to him....he tells us about the fish, his opinions on the proper way to slice it, 80's music (and everything else).  Some of his best sushi (IMO) is the really spicy kind, or the smoky kind (he uses a torch).  

• Love 3
10 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

I don't believe in God, but damn if there ever was a moment for him to reveal this was all a joke lol

Hold that thought.  Wait and see what happens between now and the end of the year.

12 hours ago, PBSLover said:

Hold that thought.  Wait and see what happens between now and the end of the year.

There is technically a way that Trump could not take office so you're right, I'll wait and see. :)

10 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Anyone out there planning on joining the new Cowboys Fit club?  I mean, they are supposed to have a pool, café and juice bar;)

I wish. If I was in Dallas probably depending on how expensive it is.

11 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Anyone out there planning on joining the new Cowboys Fit club?  I mean, they are supposed to have a pool, café and juice bar;)

If I were in Dallas I would definitely consider it!  How much is membership though?  It seems fancy

1 hour ago, ByTor said:

Hillary lost, just face it & move on.

I have but there is something more going on...I promise.  It may happen early in the new year but something is going to change. I know this sounds nuts but according to predictors (Nostradamus and Edward Cayce) Barack Obama is the last American president.  

As Heatherrrrz wrote, let’s wait and see. 

On Monday, October 24, 2016 at 10:48 PM, grapevine said:
3 hours ago, ByTor said:

Hillary lost, just face it & move on.

Thank you so much for this!!I definitely don't read this forum to hear about politics.  Actually, for me DCC is like a sanctuary from them.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

Ugh I feel like there are fights starting in several threads ... can't we just all agree to enjoy the forum and to respect everyone's opinions (even if you don't agree)?

Works for me.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, dalgal214 said:

It probably is promotional grand opening pricing. For certain boutique barre, yoga, Pilates or even crossfit memberships range from 80-120 per month.

still so so good .. gyms here go up to $250/month.  Studios start at $199/month for yoga to $600/month for more hardcore workouts.

$68 sounds so weird to me - too cheap for the luxe gyms and too expensive for the LA Fitness, Lifetime type places. By appearances it looks more lik a Lifetime and less like an Equinox. I was paying bank for Equinox, but the location was prime, plus classes and facilities were amazing. 

Plus, as pretty and new as The Star is, it's still in Frisco which isn't anywhere close to Dallas proper, especially once you factor in traffic. (From someone who lives in Plano.) It's a great suburb, but no gym is worth a long drive. 

Speaking of dreams ... last night I had a weird one where I dreamt I turned around and accidently kissed some guy from work.  As I was stumbling around apologizing how it was an accident, he came up and kissed me!  So weird!!  This is what happens when you eat cup'o'noodles right before bedtime

• Love 2

I sometimes think that someone in the DCC organization reads our comments on this forum.  If so, thank you.

Last week I posted the Cowboys photo gallery of the DCC's gameday (versus Ravens), as well as DCC photos from the Houston Chronicle, and suggested that the team seemed to lack its usual spirit and precision in those photos.  Well what a difference a week makes, because this week's DCC photo gallery of the Thanksgiving game is terrific, particularly look at those photos of the kickline and jumpsplit.  Yesterday the Dallas Cowboys and the DCC both put in world-class performances.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/galleries/2016/11/24/dcc-redskins-vs-cowboys

http://www.dallascowboys.com/galleries/2016/11/24/dcc-redskins-vs-cowboys#399061

http://www.dallascowboys.com/galleries/2016/11/24/dcc-redskins-vs-cowboys#399056

Edited by California Girl
  • Love 3