Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E01: Judgment Day

A new season begins with Mary getting a new start, but she'll need everyone's support to make it succeed.  Meanwhile, Kate continues to navigate the New York City fashion world; and Sabrina has an emotional reunion with Abe and Rebecca.

Snooze on the Mary, Abe and Rebecca stuff.   Glad Jeramaiah is being productive.  Sabrina needs to get the red out of her hair. It looks horrible.  Glad Kate has distanced herself from the drama but what is up with everyone at her job and TLC asking about her boyfriend.  If she has one and she doesn't want to say that is her business.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, greekmom said:

Sabrina needs to get the red out of her hair. It looks horrible. 

And take a hairbrush to it.  It's not even red, it's orange.  Looks like she slopped in a bunch of gel, let it harden and left it that way.  Horrible look.

I keep wondering how much the Mary/Shunning/Banishment/Chester story line is real.  I feel we've been visiting and revisiting this story line for years now. Mary, if they don't want you on TV, don't go on TV, then be shocked they don't want you in the church. 

• Love 6

As someone who visits Lancaster annually, the only thing I really liked about the show was the move; the house was really nice. 

Kate really should have her own spinoff since she is rarely featured with the others. 

Sabrina is better in small doses. Her crying got on my last nerve and I really don't have any sympathy for her. I totally understood why Abe and Rebecca distanced themselves from her. 

• Love 5

Agree about Mary/Chester and the shunning junk. Its like why do we keep seeing you on tv then? If you want to go back then cut the ties from what you are suppose to or leave already! If she really likes wearing that stuff than she could do so if she really wanted. 

Yes Sabrina needs to fix the hair because the way it looks it is coming off VERY junkie looking in it. That orange is looking like she tried to bleach it out on her own. I swear her story she told about her daughter taken and the drugs was not what was said online when it came out. Maybe I am remembering wrong but I swear it was not the story being told on here. From a Q&A she did, she has had issues with pills since 2012 and later got into heroin. Which that whole thing was patethic to read when people asked. One was asking about the drugs because they had the same drug of choice. I think if she feels she isn't good enough for many things than she needs to make sure she is working those issues out in her therapy. I have a feeling part of that for her is being someone that was adopted. Yet here she is as well pregnant again..Which I wonder if that is something that ends up part of this show or not since she isn't saying how far along and just that its the same guy she had Oakley with. Which isn't he the guy that abused her? Which making choices to be with that guy again in such a way doesn't scream making great choices sadly. Hopefully she learns that she has to earn that trust back from those that care instead of expecting all or nothing. Side note here: is it just me or did anyone else notice how they seem to hide her stomach? Her jacket in her lap bunched up in therapy...never a close up on her as a whole or from the side to close. 

Andy is another one that needs to get distanced from them as well. I can't believe Abe sat like he did there. You could tell Abe was getting pissed off. The way Andy was talking was like someone still having issues and needs to be in a better place to get clean. I hope Mary shuts the door to him as well. UGH Bringing up Chapel. The girl is as fake as they come. Mary about divorce...obviously no clue how that works. Papers have to get filed even if it isn't a year. I am hoping we don't see her pop up. She should be in jail where she belongs and a rehab after it as well...and should be made to pay people back she scammed out of money with her lies. I get so sick of people like this. I have a sister that is a meth addict and an alcoholic...she comes off like Andy and Sabrina are...like selfish thinking of only themselves and no one else type of people. On top of it our mother isn't like Mary in the fact of cutting her out but has enabled always. Of course that doesn't help our mom is a narcissist. I had cut my sister out of my life many years ago. I don't want someone like that around my kids or myself. Same with my mom as well. So I get it and I agree about Rebecca and Abe distancing themselves. Sometimes you have to from those with drug issues or certain other issues in order for them to get it. Especially when you have a family to look after and try to help that person over and over again. When they have had to deal with his brother's addiction like they have you know you have to cut ties sooner rather than later. It sucks to watch people go through those things but they have to get help for themselves or it doesn't work. Everyone knows that. 

I am wondering now how it is with drug issues in Amish communities. Is it like everywhere else? Is it just swept under the rug and ignored? Are those caught just shunned? I don't know how that topic is for them and growing up. Like we all would normally discuss these things with our kids and schools discuss it as well in middle/high school. 

I am not sure where else to put this but Kate put out a bunch of tweets I guess. Starcasm has an article on it. She was basically putting out info on the show about the way they are editing things and what is correct info. I am not sure if this all belongs here or not but if not sorry. http://starcasm.net/archives/353490 I didn't really care for her before but at this point I actually like her now and am glad she has gone back to school for fashion and is doing so well with it. Hopefully it keeps up for her and she continues to grow as a person and in what she seems to love to do. I know she says she is only back because of contracts so I can imagine that once that is up she is done. I don't blame her. She isn't even in the same area as them so its hard to imagine she keeps in touch to much with them. It will be interesting to see what else she says as each episode comes. Good for her on speaking up on it. Why is it her coworkers business if Kate is single or not. They get all nosy and look her up on social media and talk about her like they are. That had to be a scripted thing there. 

Ugh, I actually feel badly for Sabrina. That girl is a hot mess, and her tragic hair is only the tip of the iceberg. I'm not saying she didn't deserve to lose her child or that Abe and Reeebecca can't choose to to distance themselves from her, since they're sick of trying to help and getting fucked over. I get it. But Sabrina has always seemed so lost to me. It's clear she never fit in in her Mennonite community. And what are these "traumas" her doctor spoke of? She seems like a little girl to me, and I wouldn't be surprised if she was molested as a child or raped. 

Addiction is hard, on all of those involved. I hope she truly gets better and stays better. 

Reeebecca's darker hair is quite flattering on her. Her sourpuss attitude, however, has not. I see little has changed. Nothing is ever good enough for. Quit with the drama about your kids growing up without their dad. I know it's hard, but thousands of women do it on a daily basis. He's home on weekends, for crying out loud! And he said it's only 2 years, and then he can try for a better route, keeping him closer to home. Doesn't she understand that that's how these things work? You put in your time and move up the ladder. It's not like Abe has a PhD and tons of options. He has a good paying job with security, quit riding his ass.

Mary's crap always seems so contrived to me. Right down to the cloth diaper tutorial. By the by, Rebecca - cloth diapers are not "barbaric" and TONS of people use them in this day and age. Granted, the safety pins have been phased out. And you're certainly entitled to think it's gross and choose synthetic diapers. But quit acting like it's just an Amish thing. 

Sorry, but Kate's storyline bored me. I'm glad she's doing so well, but I feel like I'm watching a different show when she's on. I actually think the Cynthia Rowley girls are angling for their own show, not Kate. But boy was that rude to start cyber stalking her to find out more about her private life. If she wants to tell you, she will. 

• Love 4

I've always suspected that Kate is gay and perhaps doesn't know how to deal with it. I have no strong evidence, just a feeling. Either way, it's certainly not my business or anyone else's, so I'm not sure why everyone on the show is so nosy.

Mary's cloth diaper shit was weird. Rebecca and Abe's kids are, what, 4 and 1 1/2? The older one is out of diapers and the younger one has been in a routine with disposables for a while. No point to Mary trying to convert them, so I don't blame Rebecca for being annoyed. Rebecca comes off cold but I actually agree with her that it's her and Abe's decision whether to take the job, and everyone else should butt out. Especially Jeremiah and Sabrina, who know nothing about parenting OR making relationships work.

Sabrina is a total trainwreck. She still seems extremely strung out. She looks horrible and has no personality beyond "screeching." Jeremiah is a scumbag but at least he seems slightly more mature than last season.

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Ugh, I actually feel badly for Sabrina. That girl is a hot mess, and her tragic hair is only the tip of the iceberg. I'm not saying she didn't deserve to lose her child or that Abe and Reeebecca can't choose to to distance themselves from her, since they're sick of trying to help and getting fucked over. I get it. But Sabrina has always seemed so lost to me. It's clear she never fit in in her Mennonite community. And what are these "traumas" her doctor spoke of? She seems like a little girl to me, and I wouldn't be surprised if she was molested as a child or raped. 

Addiction is hard, on all of those involved. I hope she truly gets better and stays better. 

Reeebecca's darker hair is quite flattering on her. Her sourpuss attitude, however, has not. I see little has changed. Nothing is ever good enough for. Quit with the drama about your kids growing up without their dad. I know it's hard, but thousands of women do it on a daily basis. He's home on weekends, for crying out loud! And he said it's only 2 years, and then he can try for a better route, keeping him closer to home. Doesn't she understand that that's how these things work? You put in your time and move up the ladder. It's not like Abe has a PhD and tons of options. He has a good paying job with security, quit riding his ass.

Mary's crap always seems so contrived to me. Right down to the cloth diaper tutorial. By the by, Rebecca - cloth diapers are not "barbaric" and TONS of people use them in this day and age. Granted, the safety pins have been phased out. And you're certainly entitled to think it's gross and choose synthetic diapers. But quit acting like it's just an Amish thing. 

I think Sabrina said something along the lines that lead people to assume she was raped but it wasn't as a child. It sounded more like it was a recent thing...recent as in the last year or so. IMO I feel bad to a point. If she was treated like an outsider growing up, it sucks and I feel bad she was BUT there are many out there that end up in these spots and feel the same way she does. Yet they don't turn to drugs and an abuser. I think she needs more help than she understands and she needs her therapist to make her understand how she has to earn the trust back from those around her and it won't happen over night. The way she is coming off at this point is pretty bad. She does seem still strung out (I am hoping not) and not really dealing with herself but more how everyone else SHOULD be SUPPORTING HER. Its not how it works. I think if she understood they care but they have to care from a distance until she gains the trust again that and proves she is doing everything she should to get better for herself and her child, that then and only then will she be excepted back into their lives and probably slowly. After the whole deal with Andy and on top of it Chapel with her lying to the show and the rest of them about her cancer coming back to cover up how bad a drug addict she is, I can't blame them for being careful. They tried to help but you can only help so much before it breaks/hurts you. I honestly wish she wouldn't have come back to the show. I just feel she isn't stable for the stress it can bring with filming while she was still recovering and trying to gain her daughter back. She really shouldn't have worked about the paycheck from this show but instead taken care of herself without a camera. 

As far as Rebecca and Abe with the job thing. I can see wanting him home more. To them it would feel like 2 very long years on both sides. Sure it takes time to move up to where you may be able to stay closer to home but there is no way to know that can happen or not. My mom had a friend who's husband did this job for many years and it was always the same. He was gone for long periods of time. I would think that he might be able to try to gain something with deliveries though with some other company that would be local though after 2 yrs of this. From what I got, she was offering to go work as well so they had money still coming in from them both if he had to take a lesser payer job for the time being. Not many wives would do that either. Yet I have a feeling in the end this is scripted so they have some sort of drama between them or they would be a regular married couple with a couple of kids. 

While sure cloth isn't something to get so upset over, it still was a strange thing to all of a sudden have in the show right now. The one daughter is out of them and the other should be within the next year..maybe 2. It was a very out of place conversation that should have taken place back when she was pregnant with the 2nd one. Of course maybe she should be talking to Sabrina about it instead. LOL 

And agree that Kate's stuff was boring. There isn't much there to her and tossing the coworkers in like they did was just terrible. I'd be pissed if they were really talking that way and cyberstalking me.....and it wasn't scripted.  Clarewalks, I got the feeling as well about her. Especially when they are asking and pushing things. Then to assume becasue some guy is in a couple pics its her boyfriend or whatever is stupid. Even if he was its her business. If she is gay that is her business as well. I can imagine she just wants to live her life quietly and put what she can into fashion. Its how she comes off to me. Instead of the coworkers asking her questions like they did maybe they should have asked what she had planned for the weekend and if she would like to go out the the group for dinner/drinks so they could get to know each other outside the job. Might have come off better that way. 

• Love 2
35 minutes ago, Evil Queen said:

I think Sabrina said something along the lines that lead people to assume she was raped but it wasn't as a child. It sounded more like it was a recent thing...recent as in the last year or so. IMO I feel bad to a point.

Hmmmm. But her therapist said "SEVERAL traumas". So I just wonder. Her personality has always seemed so immature. She's like a child. I know some people are just like that. But she might also be stunted due to things from her childhood. 

At any rate, I do agree that she's expecting a bit too much from Abe and Rebecca. As I said before, I totally get why they want to distance themselves from her. I may find Rebecca to be an overbearing shrew, but I get them on this. It's totally their right to be wary of her and set boundaries in their life. I just meant that I feel bad for her in general. She just seems like such a lost individual. I can't really hate on her for her addiction, I just can't. But she does have to learn better decision making skills now that she's sober again. 

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

Hmmmm. But her therapist said "SEVERAL traumas". So I just wonder. Her personality has always seemed so immature. She's like a child. I know some people are just like that. But she might also be stunted due to things from her childhood. 

At any rate, I do agree that she's expecting a bit too much from Abe and Rebecca. As I said before, I totally get why they want to distance themselves from her. I may find Rebecca to be an overbearing shrew, but I get them on this. It's totally their right to be wary of her and set boundaries in their life. I just meant that I feel bad for her in general. She just seems like such a lost individual. I can't really hate on her for her addiction, I just can't. But she does have to learn better decision making skills now that she's sober again. 

Well besides the rape, she was beat up by the dad of her daughter and unborn child. I remember that being out there at one point. Obviously something must have gone on for her to even get pills and start that path so not sure what but maybe she was injured at some point. I am sure she had some childhood trauma come from not being accepted in the community but yet even that sees odd to not if they let them adopt kids. You would think they would be accepting no matter what. I do agree she does seem child like and immature. The way she walked after them and talks is very much like a child would having a fit. Her overreactions scream it as well. I would think the overreactions she has would come out in therapy and they would find ways to help her not do that as well. She has a lot of work she has to do and I hope she does it for herself and for those kids. Like I said I think coming back to this show when she did was a HUGE mistake in her coping with her issues and recovery. She already admitted to slipping right out of rehab too so that should have been a red flag with how fragile she is with things and her coming back. Which in turn doesn't make the show creators, producers and all of them look to great either by having her there in her state. 

• Love 2

I'm wondering if the whole Mary getting banned isn't TLC plot. Why isn't Chester either shunned or banned? Chester has appeared on the tv show (a big no no for the Amish).  

I'm wondering if Kate isn't dating a married man if she is so hush hush about it. Or she could just be gay.

• Love 2
(edited)

A few seasons ago Kate was "seeing" a woman and the implication was that it was more than a friendly interest.  She said she was "just experimenting" or something, but please I wasn't born yesterday.  So her reticence at talking about a relationship sounds like she's gay to me.  She says there's nothing going on between her and the plastic surgeon and I believe that.

I've also wondered if the Mary plot was a TLC thing only I suspect it's not that the Amish don't care about her doing the show, I just think she's hasn't been completely Amish for a long time now, even last season, which is why at that time Chester suddenly would not appear on TV.  Somehow he was able to prevent himself from getting kicked out, but then again he didn't go to NY in a limo. and drink and dance in nightclubs either.  I think last season she used the "shunned" excuse but it was more than shunning.  I just think she may have thought she could bargain her way back in, but when that didn't work out she went back to the show.  I remember on her Facebook last season she was telling people she was going to try to "go back Amish" and that if she did it would mean no more TLC for her.  I guess we now can figure out that she couldn't get back in.  It's either that or she voluntarily left but Chester wouldn't and TLC made her act like it was a shunning and then being kicked out altogether.

I am sorry, perhaps it's because I've been down many roads in life, but Mr. Snarkle and I had (and still have) a friend who rented a room in our house years ago who turned out to have a drug problem.  He was arrested but never did time.  He got counseling, etc. and told us he was clean.  Mr. Snarkle and I knew he was BSing us for a while and we ended up picking up the pieces of his life and letting him live rent free while he got his life back together.  He fell off the wagon a few times, but knowing how alone he was and how he needed friends to be supportive, we never turned our backs on him as hard as that was.  Even when we distanced somewhat we didn't hurt him and reject him.  The guy was down and out and we understood that he was a victim.  We gave him some "tough love" but not total rejection.  He turned his life around 16 years ago, got married and had a family and to this day he thanks us for not turning our backs on him. 

I understand that Abe and Rebecca have had a few too many people in their lives in that predicament so some distancing and not trusting is understandable, but I just can't condone it to the degree they've taken it.  Rebecca acts like Sabrina was a bitch to her or whatever - No, she was a victim acting like a victim.  It's not about Rebecca.  Rebecca taking it personally shows me how little she understands an addict.  Plus she is an uber judgmental bitch who has very little empathy and compassion for anyone who is down and out.  Very un-Christian of her if you ask me.  I understand Sabrina is messed up and all but Jesus, get over yourself and show her a little caring, what would it take?  Rebecca shows her immaturity and self-centered-ness by acting this way.  I suppose that's what happens when you grow up in such a judgmental yet sheltered environment.  It's no wonder she doesn't know that some "English" still use cloth diapers today.  How would she know that?  Even though she is ex-Amish, how many non-Amish people is she in contact with to learn about these things?  Not many, I'm sure.

Plus, again, her attitude about Abe not being at home enough is really self-centered too.  I understand about the kids but it's not forever and it's a career move.  What if he were in law or med school and wasn't around a lot?  Geesh, I had to grow up fast being in graduate school at the same time my husband was in law school or we never would have made it.  Sometimes life's tough when you're paying your dues but usually there's a light at the end of the tunnel.  I just think it's another sign of her immaturity.  Everything is about her right now.  Never mind the future, just be there for her.  She is acting like a controlling bitch but it's a cover for neediness.

Edited by Snarklepuss
  • Love 7

So apparently Jeremiah is married?  Starcasm is reporting that he married some girl named Carmela back in April.  There is no word on whether the marriage will be seen on the show, but judging from Jeremiah's appearance on the premiere, it doesn't really look very likely to me.  It seems like he's there to sort of prop up Sabrina this time around.  The wife is a pretty girl - I wonder how she managed to get hooked up with him!

(edited)

Pretty sure truck driving is a legitimate, well-paying career - and that mister "I want to be a bull rider" is probably lucky that he managed to get into that pipeline. What other options does he have? Maybe construction, with experience in his previous life? Even if he has those skills, it can be pretty seasonal. Skilled trade? Not unless he commits to the training and apprenticeships that many require (assuming he would qualify. I remember my third-generation electrician brother sweating over algebra during his training.). With time away from his family, too. 

But, by all means, give up a decent future for some minimum-wage job that lets you come home to your nagging wife every night.

ETA the obvious: Rebecca said it wasn't about the money - until he's not bringing enough of it home.

Edited by RealityCowgirl
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Cabarb said:

So apparently Jeremiah is married?  Starcasm is reporting that he married some girl named Carmela back in April.  There is no word on whether the marriage will be seen on the show, but judging from Jeremiah's appearance on the premiere, it doesn't really look very likely to me.  It seems like he's there to sort of prop up Sabrina this time around.  The wife is a pretty girl - I wonder how she managed to get hooked up with him!

They showed her with him in pictures in the beginning when giving the quick updates on their lives. There is a bunch of stuff on them on Starcasm. He got fired from acting in some movie for sexual harassment on a costar. I am not sure either of anything on them will be on during the season or not but agree it looks like he is there for the Sabrina stuff and wouldn't be surprised if they try to make it seem like they want to hook up at some point seeing how this show is at times.

28 minutes ago, RealityCowgirl said:

Pretty sure truck driving is a legitimate, well-paying career - and that mister "I want to be a bull rider" is probably lucky that he managed to get into that pipeline. What other options does he have? Maybe construction, with experience in his previous community? Even if he has those skills, it can be pretty seasonal. Skilled trade? Not unless he commits to the training and apprenticeships that many require (assuming he would qualify. I remember my third-generation electrician brother sweating over algebra skills during his training.). With time away from his family, too. 

But, by all means, give up a decent future for some minimum-wage job that lets you come home to your nagging wife every night.

I have to say that construction is only seasonal depending on location. We are in a place where my husband was able to do it all year long. He had changed jobs before we got married but he worked 5 days a week doing it. Now being back where they live it would be more seasonal depending on what the company does. I can imagine though he probably would rather be closer to home himself for his family than have to miss out on all these different milestones with the girls. No matter what I just feel this whole thing is scripted in this part of it all. While she can come off a certain way, this whole job thing and they talking about it is I bet the show and nothing more. At the same time I can imagine many wives in that spot probably do have a talk like that after so much time of dealing with it and being left behind with the kids. 

It really just depends on what specific trade you're in and where you live. My husband is in the HVAC industry and we live in the midwest. He works all year round. Sometimes he will be on a roof in the freezing, below 0 temps. The only thing is, they might reschedule a crane if it's going to rain heavily, but that's about it. Now road crews - you don't see a ton of them in the colder months. But with truck driving, Abe is in a temperature controlled environment, so that's definitely preferable to sweating or freezing outside. Truck driving is a hard life, but for someone with little education and/or skills, that's not a bad career to get into. We have a friend who started out driving and now owns his own company, arranging the logistics of the shipments or something like that. Granted, I don't think Abe has the brains for all that. But damn, what does Reeebecca want from him? Come home, work at McDonalds? She'll get a shitty min wage job too. Then the kids will lose time with both parents and have to deal with more financial hardships. Buck up, Rebecca, this is life. Deal with it. 

• Love 1

Abe can barely read.  His Amish family certainly did not make his education a priority.  Rebecca went with him the first day of this job to fill out his paperwork.  With such a lack of education his employment opportunities are extremely limited. Perhaps Rebecca should be grateful that he has a well paying job at all.  Poor Abe should be proud that he has come as far as he has.  At least with this job Rebecca is able to stay home and raise her children.  

• Love 2

I like Abe and Rebecca and I like how Rebecca takes charge yet doesn´t emasculate Abe. I feel so sorry for Sabrina. It seems from this show (and many other sources) that amish people don´t really have what I would consider good values. They are just wasting their lives in many respects, they´re forced to remain ignorant and clueless about so much that is valuable, and it makes them really immature (imo) and emotionally stunted. It´s not difficult to see why the young people who grow up like that when they get into trouble they have a harder time than most getting their act together, so I feel really sorry for them all. I hope Abe´s little sister went english and is living a happy life somewhere.

• Love 1

I think 90% of Abe & Rebecca's storylines are scripted for drama.  I don't doubt Rebecca would love for Abe to be around more, but this is a conversation/disagreement they hashed out months ago (IMO).

And I don't blame them for saying "enough is enough" with Sabrina.  It sounds like they initially tried to help her many times, but when they saw that things were going the same way as his brother…they washed their hands of it.  They have two small children, I'd back away too.  Especially since Sabrina was a bit of a trainwreck before the drugs.

Speaking of Sabrina, I don't believe her timeline of events.  I think she was on drugs before CPS took her kid.

There is no part of me that wants to see Jeremiah ever.

• Love 1

OnceSane, that is what I think as well about Abe and Rebecca. As well as the story Sabrina is giving is not what was online either. She was on drugs before they took her child away. I find it hard to believe her car that died out is still sitting in the same spot for many, many months. I would think it would have been towed away after so much time in one spot. And Jeremiah kind of gives of a creep vibe IMO. Always has. 

I lived about 30 to 45 minutes outside of Lancaster, PA and it is VERY expensive to live there. How can they afford that huge ass house for Mary? Is TLC paying for it? And Jeremiah can just go sign the paperwork and get the house for her? 

Clearly, the "let's 'surprise' Kate and sleep on her floor for three weeks" is scripted. But admit it. Something that strange and inappropriate is not out of the range of possibility with this pack of losers. Only "real life" difference: I suspect Kate would have shooed them and their suitcases out - if she let them in in the first place.

Hey. You appeared on a reality TV show. You're not bonded together for life.

• Love 3

I'm really proud of Kate for jettisoning the rest of these losers from her life and staying in NYC. Even early on she seemed like the only one who would be able to cut it in any kind of educational setting out of the five of them. I'm also loving her twitter feed.

Out of the four in Pennsylvania I'm the most shocked by Jeremiah and how grounded he is. Maybe he will be the other success story out of this whole trainwreck of a show.

• Love 3

I think I heard Jeremiah say that he met Carmela through his FB fan page and she is from Seattle. So did she move to Pennsylvania  to be with him when they got married? I remember awhile back, he and Mary were running some kind of store, and then later he was helping Mary with her bed and breakfast. Now he's running a donut shop. I can't keep track of all the jobs he has had. By the way, does anyone know what happened with his first wife and his 3 kids?  Does he even see them anymore or did she distance herself from him because he decided to no longer be Amish?

Sabrina looks extremely fragile, I thought I read she chose not to do last season as a  result of having been assaulted but maybe she was too heavily into the drugs to do the filming. Kate will most likely not be back after this season at all, though I read last year that Season 3 was supposed to be the last for everyone. I guess money talks, and Abe and Rebecca probably want to earn as much as possible so he can get a truck driving shift that involves far less hours than he was doing previously.

Jeremiah did say he met her through his SM. He said they talked a lot and clicked. When he went to Seattle, for whatever reason it was, that they met. I am going to assume at some point she must have moved to PA though and then they got married this year. He does seem to be all over the place with what he is doing for "jobs". Last I saw was the donuts at fairs or something like that along with trying to sell shirts. I am not sure what the whole story is with the ex wife. He obviously sees his kids but we have no clue how much or what their real situation is. From what is out there though she is ex Amish as well but she spoke out on how fake the show was a few years back and some things on him as well. Not sure why any woman/girl would want to be with this dude. He has a nice rap sheet with more than a handful of those arrests being domestic violence.  What I find funny is that while she talked as she did about him and the show, they paid a lot of his child support he had owed back then and on top of it she had let the kids on the show. So not sure why she would let her kids be on it with him like she did but assume it was the money. 

I do remember reading they were done with the show and then all of a sudden we have another season. I am guessing that either they were told to say it to drive up the interest in fans hoping for another season or Kate signed on for this season but is now wishing she hadn't  so she is acting as it was forced on her because of contracts she had signed in the past. Yet if she didn't want to do this season and it was a new contract she should have said no but its probably paying for her NY life at this point and the schooling. 

Sabrina didn't do last season because she was supposedly dealing with the assault and drug issues. Which she is still dealing with and IMO shouldn't have come back for this season either in her state. Its to soon for someone in her position with all the stress that goes on with this show and filming it.