Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E14: The Benefits Of Friendship

• Start Topic

21 minutes ago, parisprincess said:

So much this ^^^^  I totally agree with you zoeysmom. As many etiquette faux pas that both Ramona and Bethenny have made in the past, I can't believe that pages and pages have been devoted to Luann's Countess remark. Geez!!!

Well, this isn't a discussion about Season 1 per se, but the conversation on the show now is about how LuAnn is regressing back to the Countess days of yore.  LuAnn has always been pretentious, haughty, condescending and a bitch....but after being left by the Count, she did have a few moments of humbleness and was marginally likable (and highly fuckable apparently, but that's beside the point!).  At the beginning of this season, I'd say LuAnn was downright pitiful with the way she was so desperate with Bethenny at Ramona's birthday lunch.  Alas, LuAnn has squirted herself a rich man now so all is well, The Countess can reign again!! 

I think it's kind of sad that it seems all that LuAnn has accomplished has been either because of the men in her life.....or because she's hot and fuckable . The King wanted to sit next to LuAnn, let's all marvel at that!  He probably heard she was a squirter, and a generous one at that. 

• Love 2

Wasn't Kelly considered insane by many when she broke down over Bethenny leaving an unsolicited gift bag at her door-on someone else's vacation?   So Luann gives Bethenny a gift, whose birthday had been a few days earlier and it is the greatest breach of etiquette ever.  Bethenny sounded like her nemesis Kelly questioning the gift and the level of gift.  Ramona who has zero couth, and never gives presents that don't have her company name splashed on them, decides to call a necklace a re-gift, one that she had Luann retool especially for her.

Here is my issue these two harridans Ramona and Bethenny, think nothing of calling Luann a whore, slut and various other derogatory terms and then wonder and criticize her for staying an arms' distance away from them.  Maybe Ramona and Bethenny need to start living their lives instead of waiting for Luann to do something they can comment on.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
19 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Wasn't Kelly considered insane by many when she broke down over Bethenny leaving an unsolicited gift bag at her door-on someone else's vacation?   So Luann gives Bethenny a gift, whose birthday had been a few days earlier and it is the greatest breach of etiquette ever.  Bethenny sounded like her nemesis Kelly questioning the gift and the level of gift.  Ramona who has zero couth, and never gives presents that don't have her company name splashed on them, decides to call a necklace a re-gift, one that she had Luann retool especially for her.

Here is my issue these two harridans Ramona and Bethenny, think nothing of calling Luann a whore, slut and various other derogatory terms and then wonder and criticize her for staying an arms' distance away from them.  Maybe Ramona and Bethenny need to start living their lives instead of waiting for Luann to do something they can comment on.

Didn't Bethenny get a lot of shit for her homeless crack? And yet during the conversation between Bethenny and LuAnn at Ramona's birthday party, LuAnn says "I'm living out of a bag right now"....I mean, if we wanna go down that road, I'm sure there are plenty of stops.

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, shoegal said:

I think it's kind of sad that it seems all that LuAnn has accomplished has been either because of the men in her life.....or because she's hot and fuckable . The King wanted to sit next to LuAnn, let's all marvel at that!  He probably heard she was a squirter, and a generous one at that. 

It's called "the power of the vagina" - when a woman knows how to use it, It becomes a pretty useful tool in the control of a man. That she 'squirts' is a bonus and a natural reaction towards being aroused. Nothing wrong with that, nothing at all...It sure beats having to stop and clear out the sawdust, fibroids, hematomas and any vajazzaling that the other gals have?

• Love 2
(edited)
31 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

My memory must be bad. Did Beth run screaming when she saw the gift? Calling people (in Kelly's case Jill) because the trauma of the gift was just too much to take? I honestly don't remember much about the birthday deal, except that it was Ramona's birthday party and Lu brought Beth a gift. Beth was surprised, because she hadn't expected a gift at someone else's party, but I don't remember her making Lu feel stupid about it or upsetting Lu. Ramona - who is stupid - was irritated, but I think she only said something in her TH. What am I forgetting? I don't remember any hysteria at all or anyone calling it the greatest breach of etiquette ever. Certainly nothing that would compare it to Kelly having a break down. 

ETA: I had forgotten the allegation about the "re-gift" from that bitch Ramona. The was just ridiculous and Lu had every right to be incredulous. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, ElDosEquis said:

It's called "the power of the vagina" - when a woman knows how to use it, It becomes a pretty useful tool in the control of a man. 

I'm just gonna let that sit there.

19 minutes ago, motorcitymom65 said:

My memory must be bad. Did Beth run screaming when she saw the gift? Calling people (in Kelly's case Jill) because the trauma of the gift was just too much to take? I honestly don't remember much about the birthday deal, except that it was Ramona's birthday party and Lu brought Beth a gift. Beth was surprised, because she hadn't expected a gift at someone else's party, but I don't remember her making Lu feel stupid about it or upsetting Lu. Ramona - who is stupid - was irritated, but I think she only said something in her TH. What am I forgetting? I don't remember any hysteria at all or anyone calling it the greatest breach of etiquette ever. Certainly nothing that would compare it to Kelly having a break down. 

ETA: I had forgotten the allegation about the "re-gift" from that bitch Ramona. The was just ridiculous and Lu had every right to be incredulous. 

Bethenny questioned the gift.  I did not say the reactions were exactly the same, they are comparative in that Bethenny on someone else's trip decided to gift people with her Skinnygirl crap, and Luann decided to give Bethenny a belated personalized gift at someone else's party.  Bethenny made Luann cry-something we don't often see.  I would say that is an overreaction on Bethenny's part to Luann being Luann.  So Bethenny chewing Luann out once again for asking to be included in something is as much on Bethenny as it is on Luann.     

At that part of the season and it has carried through I feel like Ramona kind of does Bethenny's bidding on some of this nonsense.  I guess my bottom line is Bethenny doesn't always have to be angry or expressing her opinion about another.    Luann has very little impact on Bethenny's life and it seems every to me Luann reaches out Bethenny is dissatisfied with the result.  I think it is time for Bethenny to move on.  She is on the outs with Dorinda, Jules, Luann, Sonja.  it is obvious she has little interest in Ramona unless Ramona is carrying Bethenny's water or delivering very distorted tales of what is going on with the others.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, shoegal said:

I'm just gonna let that sit there.

Actually, the proper terminology is "I am going to sit on it".

The funniest thing about women is that for years have wanted to be unencumbered by any labels (Slut, Whore, Easy......) because they want to have the freedom to enjoy sex and not have any hang ups about it. When a woman hits her stride and ends up being able to really enjoy themselves in bed, they are judged - often times the harshest by women who either don't understand or are jealous - to be nothing better that a fuck toy or some kind of siren.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, shoegal said:

Well, this isn't a discussion about Season 1 per se, but the conversation on the show now is about how LuAnn is regressing back to the Countess days of yore.  LuAnn has always been pretentious, haughty, condescending and a bitch....but after being left by the Count, she did have a few moments of humbleness and was marginally likable (and highly fuckable apparently, but that's beside the point!).  At the beginning of this season, I'd say LuAnn was downright pitiful with the way she was so desperate with Bethenny at Ramona's birthday lunch.  Alas, LuAnn has squirted herself a rich man now so all is well, The Countess can reign again!! 

Well we are watching The Real Housewives not Project Runway or a show based on trade versus social skills. So if Lu aspires to that role and is fulfilled by it, she's one of the few accurately representing the show's premise. There's a quote I quite like. It's something like: "You be a proper woman in your mind and I'll be a proper woman in mine." 

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, ElDosEquis said:

The funniest thing about women is that for years have wanted to be unencumbered by any labels (Slut, Whore, Easy......) because they want to have the freedom to enjoy sex and not have any hang ups about it. When a woman hits her stride and ends up being able to really enjoy themselves in bed, they are judged - often times the harshest by women who either don't understand or are jealous - to be nothing better that a fuck toy or some kind of siren.

I think the difference is a woman enjoying sex and not being ashamed vs a woman using her pussy to get ahead, let alone controlling a man. Not quite the same thing.

(edited)

Didn't Bethenny get a lot of shit for her homeless crack? And yet during the conversation between Bethenny and LuAnn at Ramona's birthday party, LuAnn says "I'm living out of a bag right now"....I mean, if we wanna go down that road, I'm sure there are plenty of stops

Yeah, Bethenny did get a lot of shit about her homelessness, and deservedly so. It wasn't one crack; we saw her crying about it over several episodes while she had a home in the Hamptons and was staying in a five-star hotel. The girl was no more homeless than she was raised by wolves. Poor pitiful Bethenny!

I think the difference is a woman enjoying sex and not being ashamed vs a woman using her pussy to get ahead, let alone controlling a man. Not quite the same thing.

Well, there you go. Luann is definitely a woman who enjoys sex and isn't ashamed of it!

Also, why in the hell are we still discussing something that happened with Luann and Bethenny back in Season 1 (or was it 2?).  I think that horse has been beaten to death, and guess what? Stating the same opinion 100 times isn't accomplishing anything. Tonight's episode should give us a lot of new fodder to discuss!

Edited by parisprincess
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, shoegal said:

It's the buildup to the climax?

Women own half the money and all the vagina.....Who has the upper hand?

58 minutes ago, parisprincess said:

Yeah, Bethenny did get a lot of shit about her homelessness, and deservedly so. It wasn't one crack; we saw her crying about it over several episodes while she had a home in the Hamptons and was staying in a five-star hotel. The girl was no more homeless than she was raised by wolves. Poor pitiful Bethenny!

Well, there you go. Luann is definitely a woman who enjoys sex and isn't ashamed of it!

Also, why in the hell are we still discussing something that happened with Luann and Bethenny back in Season 1 (or was it 2?).  I think that horse has been beaten to death, and guess what? Stating the same opinion 100 times isn't accomplishing anything. Tonight's episode should give us a lot of new fodder to discuss!

Bolded: Thank you!

5 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

She kinda has no choice.. LOL

She does have a choice.  Because it doesn't matter if she treats them as beneath her or not.  As paid assistants, they will do as she wants anyway, being that's what they were hired for.  It's a credit to B that she treats them like real people and not robots.

1 hour ago, parisprincess said:

Well, I'm still discussing it because I find it interesting, you don't have to if its old news to you. MMV.

Regarding Lu, she also had a home in Sag Harbor, so crying to Bethenny that she's living out if a bag with no apartment sounds pretty similar to me. Regarding her fucking around, I have no doubt she enjoys it but I'm not sure it's without shame. She seems to want to do it on the DL, which doesn't scream sexually free and not ashamed to me.

See ya on the new episode thread!

14 hours ago, shoegal said:

If being introduced to the driver by her first name makes her that uncomfortable, I think the only thing that needs to be checked is her damn ego. 

Can't have people live in this world unless they have no sense of pride in themselves I guess. At least people like Lu have some kind of reasoning. Others seem to be offended just for the sake of being offended.

Oh and I think Lu using children as a reference was once again her putting her foot in her mouth because she's not used to actually explaining shit that should be a given so she scrambles for a way to express it and Lu never fails to pick the worse possible way to explain something that she shouldn't have felt the need to explain.

Also, Lu seems to be a very happy person.. Pretentious bitch or not. LOL! Beth, being the moral champion of the world, ... not so much. Hee!

• Love 1
13 hours ago, parisprincess said:

So much this ^^^^  I totally agree with you zoeysmom. As many etiquette faux pas that both Ramona and Bethenny have made in the past, I can't believe that pages and pages have been devoted to Luann's Countess remark. Geez!!!

Well one must always point out the heinous acts of what I feel has been the most harmless cast member of this show. I mean yeah, she has the whole Adam/Carole thing but ummmmm list the others and really?  Lu's a target because Lu acts unaffected by the others. She's that person, that even when taken to task can laugh at your face and still be the it person around town. I really don't get what it is the others want from Lu. She has zero affect on their lives. She has her ways but none of it include verbal attacks randomly and at almost every occasion. She's not usually as sloppy as the others when they get into their little cat fights and she's quick to shut down stupid shit which they feel is dismissive but you know considering the nasty tactics of the others I find Lu's surface cattiness refreshing and her desire to shut something down sooner rather than later fills me with gratitude.

What bothers me is when the others take issue with 101 petty little details and somehow THAT is what's so terribly horrible with Lu. Beth is the nastiest, nasty that ever nastied. Ramona is the rudest offender that probably spouts insults in her sleep, even Sonja has had her little rude, and mean girl moments usually involving the topic of men. Carole gives zero fucks cause ya know that makes her cool or something and she can't be bothered to be seen as a part of the chaos she's the oh so superior one that's just there to narrate like she's a presenter at a wildlife preserve. You know, ironically I think Carole is way worse than Lu ego wise. Carole is the worse kind. She went into the show deliberately with the impression that she wasn't one of them. That some how, some way there was this magical difference between her and those reality show cast mates of hers. Her reasons are more intelligent, her involvement is completely superficial and she's not ACTUALLY participating the way the others participate. It's nuaseating. At least Lu is a product of her life experiences and continues living and behaving based on those details and adjusting and changing along with the ongoing changes in her life. Carole is a character and that's it. Sadly that's who Carole is. Whatever someone else wants her to be. Whatever's trending I guess you could say.That's how Carole manuevers through life and how she figures out who she's going to be from one day to the next.

It kills Carole (and some of the others) that Lu knows who she is, lives as herself and I think they all resent that the face Lu puts forward ISN'T some farce or exaggeration. That she in fact has the credentials to strut up and down Manhattan like John Travolta at the end of Saturday Night Live and no one really can deny that. Instead they attack how she doesn't reign in her strut because well they can't compare and so they lash out at Lu because they don't think they should have to be overshadowed by her which is why they look for all these petty little bullshit grievances in order to get it through to Lu that they don't appreciate her fabulousness taking center stage all the time. What they don't get is that it's not something that's contrived, on the contrary it oozes from her naturally hence them asking her to tone down her natural effervescence doesn't get them anywhere. So instead it's the constant barrage of petty take down attempts and I'm just so freaking over it. Especially after seeing Lu's special. GET A CLUE ladies. Lu got clout, Lu got history, Lu's got pizazz, get over it and unleash you own fabulousness and strut right beside her. Hell that's what I would do, not a doubt in my mind.  Their need for Lu to stop outshining them needs to stop. Oh yeah, that's what it's about. Sonja acts the least bothered cause she's in contention with dueling pasts but where Sonja's lead wanes is in the present because although she's still a bubbly "hostess" she now sharpies her bags and doesn't have any heat so... yeah..

• Love 3
(edited)
13 hours ago, ElDosEquis said:

But didn't you know Lu was suppossed to counter her good looks and sex appeal by being a scholastic Dr.... Oh wait wasn't she in fact a nurse?? Started on that path by working with seniors? But I digress.... what a whore that Lu... being pretty afforded her a lot of her luxuries. The right thing for Lu to have done was to turn her back on all of that in order to make a statement and not let her looks carry her..

I find the need to attach some underhandedness to how a beautiful woman engages in her intimate relationships to be sad. It's not a womans fault that men act like men. A woman doesn't ALWAYS have to shy away from the appreciation of men. If done graciously it's really not a big deal.

Edited by Yours Truly
2 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

Can't have people live in this world unless they have no sense of pride in themselves I guess. At least people like Lu have some kind of reasoning. Others seem to be offended just for the sake of being offended.

Oh and I think Lu using children as a reference was once again her putting her foot in her mouth because she's not used to actually explaining shit that should be a given so she scrambles for a way to express it and Lu never fails to pick the worse possible way to explain something that she shouldn't have felt the need to explain.

Also, Lu seems to be a very happy person.. Pretentious bitch or not. LOL! Beth, being the moral champion of the world, ... not so much. Hee!

I'm starting to think that Lu's inflated ego is just a mask to cover some deep inadequacies.  That she feels that the need to express her "pride" in herself by insisting that the servant class address her properly so that she receives the amount of respect and courtesies she thinks she deserves just demonstrates that, heaven forbid the driver think he's her equal!  Oh no, she's the Countess you see!  Good thing she fucked the Count and ditched her boyfriend in the middle of the night to get that title, cause if she didn't have it I have no doubt she would be one of those women running around calling themselves 'diva' or 'princess' or 'queen' and acting like they shit royal turds and everyone around them must acknowledge their fabulousness. 

That explains LuAnn's downright elation to have found a man to marry her, I don't think it's giddiness, I think it's relief.  Perhaps that's why she fucks around so much, that she's not a woman who just enjoys sex, maybe she's looking for validation.  LuAnn needs a powerful man to make her feel worthy.  Her magic pussy is all she's got it seems.

I can not believe I once really liked Bethany, hell I even bought her skinny girl margaritas and her book!I She is just so manic, watching her actually gives me anxiety now. Unpleasant.

Never liked Carole and still don't.

Jules and her comment about "other holes".....omg. I like her though.

I have to say I laughed at Ramona talking about wearing a "brassiere" and Dorinda saying not wearing a bra is just "not nice". Heh.

Eyeroll at B's glam session. But I am here all day for Ramona's dance lesson. That was hilarious.

Wait, what? Luann is self-absorbed because she's not paying attention to her "friends"? She's about to get married (in theory). Why should she be forcing herself to hang out with all these women who "aren't very happy with her"?

I'm not sure about the cut. It seemed to just make her head look bigger and her body thinner but I surprisingly didn't mind the red wig. Yes, it seems like more SG branding but it popped like a cartoon/video game character. The fake eyelashes looked good but I wasn't impressed with the rest of the makeup.

Jules' plastic surgeon's voice. Also what is it with Real Housewives doing things to their lady parts on camera?

Listening to B and Carole bicker about her surgery is giving me a headache.

I'm with Dorinda. Why are we still taking about the Carole/Luann apology tour?

Also, no one on that couch can say anything about being narcissistic, self-absorbed, and unlikable except perhaps Dorinda. Really Bethenny? Really Ramona? Really Carole? Have several seats. Why am I watching this?

I feel like Dorinda mothers people the way Heather does but it doesn't bother me when Dorinda does it. Maybe it's because Dorinda's daughter is older and she feels like more of a mom whereas there seemed to be an unwarranted smugness and patronizing air to Heather's behavior. It was more concern trolling where Dorinda just seems bossy and determined to fix people in a no nonsense way.

When Luann's voice is extra-raspy she reminds me of an Amazonian version of Rachel Ray.

I love Dorinda's twitchy Ramona!

Oh, God... Jules' fur. Carole's sleeves? What is happening? Is B wearing a Cruela de Vil power suit? Who dresses these women? Luann was doing OK except for that necklace.

When was this filmed? I feel like someone watched the footage and told B she needed to make up with Sonja and play nice.

I loved Luann confronting Ramona. That was somewhere between All My Children and Game of Thrones and it was delicious. I like this show silly and self aware and sure, a little fake. And then we had to ruin it by bringing B in to dogpile. But the Countess brought it back. I love this crazy high drama she's acting out in her head. It's amazing. She should put this on her acting reel.

• Love 2
On 7/13/2016 at 6:56 PM, zoeysmom said:

Bethany in particular was really harsh towards LuAnn. With all the name calling, you would have thought LuAnn messed with Bethany's husband. Maybe I missed something, but it made me uncomfortable, and I'm not quick to cry slut shaming.

• Like 6
10 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

Bethany in particular was really harsh towards LuAnn. With all the name calling, you would have thought LuAnn messed with Bethany's husband. Maybe I missed something, but it made me uncomfortable, and I'm not quick to cry slut shaming.

I don't think Bethenny ever forgave Lu for her cold dismissiveness back when B was still showcasing her baked goods in grocery stores. The countess only cares about the HAVES and back when B was a HAVE NOT, Lu never went out of her way to be friendly or accommodating.

And while I hate to be the type of person to say "She's just jealous!" -- because that kind of sucks -- in this case, I believe it's warranted. I believe that B (and Ramona) hate the power Lu has over men. Luanna meets men easily. She's attractive, certainly, but she also gives off a vibe of actually liking men. Lu seems like someone who likes to have a good time. That's sexy. A try-hard like Bethenny (constantly wisecracking and negging) and a narcissistic prude like Ramona (blunt and cold, while awkwardly pretending to be sexual) both come off as a little desperate in comparison, IMO.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 3
1 hour ago, eXiled said:

I don't think Bethenny ever forgave Lu for her cold dismissiveness back when B was still showcasing her baked goods in grocery stores. The countess only cares about the HAVES and back when B was a HAVE NOT, Lu never went out of her way to be friendly or accommodating.

And while I hate to be the type of person to say "She's just jealous!" -- because that kind of sucks -- in this case, I believe it's warranted. I believe that B (and Ramona) hate the power Lu has over men. Luanna meets men easily. She's attractive, certainly, but she also gives off a vibe of actually liking men. Lu seems like someone who likes to have a good time. That's sexy. A try-hard like Bethenny (constantly wisecracking and negging) and a narcissistic prude like Ramona (blunt and cold, while awkwardly pretending to be sexual) both come off as a little desperate in comparison, IMO.

Good points! Sonja and LuAnn are alike in this regard. Both really pretty women, but both also confident, charming, fun, and seem to love men. Definitely much more attractive than a woman who can be be abrasive and blunt like Bethany and Ramona. I’m more attracted to Sonja’s and LuAnn’s personalities as a woman.

LuAnn kind of reminds me of Samantha Jones. Beautiful, confident, and fun.

• Like 3
(edited)
6 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

Good points! Sonja and LuAnn are alike in this regard. Both really pretty women, but both also confident, charming, fun, and seem to love men. Definitely much more attractive than a woman who can be be abrasive and blunt like Bethany and Ramona. I’m more attracted to Sonja’s and LuAnn’s personalities as a woman.

LuAnn kind of reminds me of Samantha Jones. Beautiful, confident, and fun.

Totally! During the first seasons, when the ladies would go on vacations and let it rip, I generally enjoyed Sonja and Luann's interaction the most. Sonja always got tipsy and made a beeline straight for the Countess (hence my jokes about the two of them eventually settling down with each other).

They both seem to like having fun, while Ramona and Bethenny both feel more stiff and planned out, ya know? Meanwhile, Sonja and Luann seem the type to go with the flow and allow the night to take them wherever it goes. B and Ramona are both too controlling for that, IMO.

Edited by eXiled
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2