Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E05: Dawn of the Dead

Finally, things started happening.

I think that teacher/guidance counselor is involved. I got a really weird vibe from her.

It would be awesome if they revealed Emma had some kind of breakdown and has a split personality that murdered Jake, sent those texts to Brooke, and doesn't remember. But the person calling Audrey was filming her at the hotel that time, so I don't think that can be the case. Unless her split personality has her own accomplice.

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

Finally, things started happening.

I think that teacher/guidance counselor is involved. I got a really weird vibe from her.

It would be awesome if they revealed Emma had some kind of breakdown and has a split personality that murdered Jake, sent those texts to Brooke, and doesn't remember. But the person calling Audrey was filming her at the hotel that time, so I don't think that can be the case. Unless her split personality has her own accomplice.

This should've been episode 2, not 5.

• Love 4

Suspect roundup:

Stavo- Pros: Creepy, likes to draw pictures of other characters in brilliant, sanguinary imagery, makes cryptic remarks about death order of the Lakewood 6. Cons: Too obvious?

Zoe- Pros: New character hastily foisted onto the audience, appears to be too obviously "just" a love interest for Noah that will be killed off a la Riley. Cons: Could actually be just a love interest for Noah that will be killed off.

Karen- Pros: Guidance counselor with a secret agenda, wants to gain Emma's trust but will ultimately betray her (like Piper). Cons: Agenda may very well just be trying to write some kind of pop psychology book about Emma's battered mental state and is getting close to her to do so. Will probably be a victim of the killer just around the time people get suspicious of her.

Sheriff Miguel- Pros: Jackass sheriff that doesn't seem to be taking any of these events seriously but could be using his skepticism to stifle any investigations. Cons: Probably just a jackass sheriff. I thought we got rid of this stereotype from horror flicks back in the early 90s?

Seth- Pros: Back in town, has an axe to grind with just about everyone from last season. Cons: In a cast of bad actors, would even these writers give this guy a chance at a meatier role?

Emma's Dad- Pros: Arrives back in town just around the time of the murders, seems to have a violent past, was possibly not a hallucination last season in the hospital and has been working with Piper all along? Cons: Has been scarred by the Brandon James murders much like his daughter has; would love to give the writers the benefit of the doubt that they're crafting a clever father/daughter trauma parallel, but probably giving them too much credit.

Eli- Pros: Creepy stalker, but maybe there wasn't a Piper accomplice after all, but instead he and his mother seeking revenge for his uncle's (old sheriff's) death last season? Cons: Seems like they are trying too hard to establish him as Emma's next love interest. Kieran's probably the next victim.

• Love 1

I think it would be a cool twist if the killer is Emma but I know it won't be.  Crazy family gets driven crazy by crazy is actually an interesting story.

Sheriff Miguel is an ass.  Even with a body he isnt taking this shit seriously.

Brooke's stuff was fantastic this episode and really well done and acted.

• Love 1

Well, that's more like it. Some actual progress being made on all fronts, except body count. I guess I'm still in.

Brooke is getting some serious preferential treatment from the writers. I'm like 99% sure that she was supposed to die last season but then they ended up loving her and kept her around. Out of the Lakewood Six, she's easily the most expendable member, but she's survived several direct run-ins with the killer and is consistently getting the best material. I remain convinced that both Final Girl Emma and less traditional Final Girl Audrey will die at some point and Brooke will ultimately be the heroine of the story.

I thought Piper was pretty obvious last season, but I'm having a hard time with figuring out this season's killer. I think Brooke, Audrey, Noah and Emma's mom all pass the "act innocent even when alone" test. Miguel, Kieran's aunt and Zoe seem irrelevant. Stavo and Eli are obvious red herrings. I was originall suspicious of Karen, but she's too similar to Piper and she's looking like another red herring now. Emma's dad and Seth Branson are too disconnected from what's actually happening. I'm pretty sure Kieran's going to be a victim this season. Emma could have a split personality, but that theory pops up in every mystery ever (I'm still wishing Arya was A) and never turns out to be true.

So my guess is Bitchface McStalkergirl. The character should be a suspect, but the show never does any ominous close-up or musical cue to attract attention to her. She got her moment in the premiere and because it turned out to be a prank, we're meant to disregard her and now they can hide her in plain sight. There could still be an extremely small chance that Emma's her accomplice.

I'm thinking Brooke is the killer. Last episode, she purposely moved one of the girls to position herself in the middle/in the line of (blood) fire. That was suspicious to me, and like someone else said, she's really been pushed to the forefront this season. 

Good episode, but there were definitely moments that made me raise my eyebrows on a few people. Like Emma's mom getting kicked off the case - her reaction makes me suspect her as well. 

• Love 1

I'm pretty sure Kieran's going to be a victim this season.

From your keyboard to the writers' ears! Please let him disappear, and let it be soon. He's a horribly written and acted character even by THIS show's standards, and that's saying a lot :) 

• Love 3
(edited)

I never got the point of Kieran.  I know I am not that way inclined but he's not even that cute.  Unless boy cute has changed drastically.  Plus boring.  But I guess the show does need male bodies.

Aint it a kick in the ass when a show is overloaded with women and needs to keep a boring male character to even the scale?

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 2
(edited)
6 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

I never got the point of Kieran.  I know I am not that way inclined but he's not even that cute.  Unless boy cute has changed drastically.  Plus boring.  But I guess the show does need make bodies.

Aint it a kick in the ass when a show is overloaded with women and needs to keep a boring make character to even the scale?

Hate to be superficial but that big ass mole on Kieran's nose drives me to distraction. Given the odd grey colour it was in this episode I caught myself wondering if it was actually a melanoma! Setting aside such pettiness about his looks the dude is super wooden as an actor, not that the character is well written either. I ship Emma with everyone else - Will last season, Kieran's cousin, even Audrey.  

I've really been enjoying this season, I like a slow build, and it was obvious they needed to rebuild the cast a bit before they started killing them off again. 

And yes Brooke is the star. How neat would it be if she is the Final Girl in the end?

Edited by Misty79
  • Love 1

Ummm...why wouldn't Audrey think to DELETE THOSE MESSAGES FROM THE KILLER?! Like, seriously, why would she want to keep a video with her and a dead body on her phone?! Like, just out of sensitivity's sake.

Also, wouldn't an iPhone lock you out of the phone if a password is tried too many times? And what the heck was her password anyway, it looked like the beginning of A Tale of Two Cities.

It was good to see the killer again. Too bad they didn't get to do anything.

And boring Noah love triangle that isn't a love triangle. Stop it, writers.

• Love 2
On 6/29/2016 at 1:32 PM, Chaos Theory said:

I never got the point of Kieran.  I know I am not that way inclined but he's not even that cute.  Unless boy cute has changed drastically.  Plus boring.  But I guess the show does need male bodies.

Aint it a kick in the ass when a show is overloaded with women and needs to keep a boring male character to even the scale?

You just answered your question, at least the movies had the decency to kill Sydney's off.

This show is so much better as a binge watch. Not that it's great as a binge watch, it's just better. 

At this point I don't care in the slightest who the killer is, but my current theory is Sheriff and Creepy Sheriff Son are the new deadly duo.

On 6/29/2016 at 7:21 AM, Xazeal said:

So my guess is Bitchface McStalkergirl.

Us that the one who had her boobs on display (not complaining!) and taunted Emma this episode?  I hope she is the killer; Emma has to be high on her list.  Maybe she can do one of the double-kills and skewer Emma and Kieran together.

I really hope the killer is Bitchface. I just hate her so much. Probably the most I have ever related to Emma was when she gave her a good hard smack. Not that I normally condone violence, but that felt really good. 

• Love 1

If we are playing the theory game my want to be is either Emma or Audry.  Not that I think it is either of them but so far this show has one big major awesome thing going for it.  It is female heavy and friendly so having both the S1 killer be a girl and the S2 killer be a girl would be all kinds of awesome.  Plus I like the idea that one or both of them has legit lost their marbles.

More likely guesses are;. The Sherrif and Keirens brother.  Hell even Emma's father works because what if Audry wasn't actually lying about his creepy vibes and him going after Audry is some messed up way of protecting Emma.

On 6/30/2016 at 3:21 PM, littlemommy said:

This show is so much better as a binge watch.

I can attest to this.

I haven't been able to watch since episode 2, but I've kept DVRing them. Watched them all tonight, and it just flows so much better than watching them week to week. Even when fastforwarding through commercials doesn't take too much away.

On 6/29/2016 at 11:52 AM, wrongheaven said:

I'm thinking Brooke is the killer. Last episode, she purposely moved one of the girls to position herself in the middle/in the line of (blood) fire. That was suspicious to me, and like someone else said, she's really been pushed to the forefront this season. 

Good episode, but there were definitely moments that made me raise my eyebrows on a few people. Like Emma's mom getting kicked off the case - her reaction makes me suspect her as well. 

I heard the creators/writers/producers said that Brooke would have a "Carrie-Like" Season. So my first thought was "So is she get abused then snap and kill a bunch of people then kill herself?" LOL.  She was covered in blood when Jake's body dropped down .  On another note did people catch Emma's mom say Jake was only dead for like 4 days tops? There's no way 5 episodes only took place over 4 days 

(edited)
1 hour ago, jay741982 said:

I heard the creators/writers/producers said that Brooke would have a "Carrie-Like" Season. So my first thought was "So is she get abused then snap and kill a bunch of people then kill herself?" LOL.  She was covered in blood when Jake's body dropped down .  On another note did people catch Emma's mom say Jake was only dead for like 4 days tops? There's no way 5 episodes only took place over 4 days 

Things have been heavily serialized this season, so it very well may have been.

Brooke said she last saw Jake "On Sunday", and he was held captive for over a day before he was killed in the premiere, so he was killed on Monday night at least. I'd say the last two episodes took place on Thursday at the very least.

EDIT: You may not believe me, but I swear, I wrote this before I started watching tonight's episode where they said pretty much the same thing.

Edited by Last Time Lord
On 7/5/2016 at 11:10 PM, Last Time Lord said:

Things have been heavily serialized this season, so it very well may have been.

Brooke said she last saw Jake "On Sunday", and he was held captive for over a day before he was killed in the premiere, so he was killed on Monday night at least. I'd say the last two episodes took place on Thursday at the very least.

EDIT: You may not believe me, but I swear, I wrote this before I started watching tonight's episode where they said pretty much the same thing.

LOL I believe you! After I wrote my post I realized that I may have not listened very well. Of course this episode picked up right at the end of last week.its very possible the events of this season so far have only happend in a weeks time  

• Love 1

I laughed really hard at the girl Hayley at the beginning complaining about the rules not applying to Emma and Audrey. Thanks show, you had one good moment! Also all the weird looks from the extras whenever a main character did something.

Kieran still remains at the top of my suspect list. Again, he's never around when this killer stuff is happening. He doesn't really get attacked or hurt. He's boring, close to Emma, and he has a bad history. It could easily be him. He just conveniently places himself in a solid position. And he got over his dad's death really quickly. 

Brooke does get a lot of shit happening to her. I...actually like her and Audrey the best. And I was not a fan of Brooke last season. So another small thing good about this season.

Well, confirmation that each episode has roughly been about a day. Noah said he saw Jake five days ago, which would have been the premiere episode. Jake wasn't killed until the very next night, as we know from that episode, so that means the premiere episode took place in about two days, and all the other ones took place in four. 

I think the guidance counselor will be a suspect, but ultimately a victim. She reminds me a little too much like Piper for it to be her. Maybe the two knew each other. The new Sheriff is persistent, but I don't think he'll end up being the killer. His son, on the other hand, could be into some shady shit. I just don't know if it has to do with the killer. 

All Emma had to do was have her phone ready before she opened the blinds. Then, Bam! Picture! Then she could have sent it to everyone as an SOS distress. 

Well, Noah knows about Audrey and the killer, at least. 

• Love 2