Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E02: Season Premiere (2): Auto Eviction, Head of Household 1, Nominations 1

• Start Topic

57 minutes ago, sharkfan said:

I don't know if I misheard last night or dreamed it, but I could have sworn I heard Victor say "DESSERT Island" when he was reading the comp rules...

I'm always annoyed by people who use deserted island and desert island like they're the same thing.  They are not the same thing at all.  

• Love 2

desert island

I can't wrap my head around what a "desert island" would be. Something like an oasis?

I'm meh on this season so far. None of the vets excite me and I wonder whether they're the ones the producers really wanted or just the ones they were able to get. Whatever, I'm mainly relieved F______ G_____ wasn't one of the returnees.

For sure Victor was recruited because of his resemblance to Jon Snow and I am 100% okay with it. He is a gift for the eyes even if he is full of himself.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Ceeg said:

There are 16 HGs though. So even with a 6-person vet/sibling alliance, they're still short on numbers. 

You are right and I am a moron.  I hate to use this term but it does apply here, I had a brain fart.  I was thinking the return players were part of the original twelve and there were only twelve houseguests.  Now I shall hang my head in shame and be forced to watch every Diary Room ever of Mike Boogie...

• Love 4
1 hour ago, BK1978 said:

You are right and I am a moron.  I hate to use this term but it does apply here, I had a brain fart.  I was thinking the return players were part of the original twelve and there were only twelve houseguests.  Now I shall hang my head in shame and be forced to watch every Diary Room ever of Mike Boogie...

Someone on the internet admitted to being wrong!?!?!???  I'm off to get my smelling salts!  :)

No need to hang your head in shame, you're about as rare as a unicorn having sex with a centaur.

29 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

I don't watch the feeds.

The reason why James won't end up with a showmance  is because he comes off as a 32 year old adolescent.  His act gets old real fast.  I just can't imagine being in that "house" with him.  The stress of playing that game, and this douche is running around making an ass of himself.

To quote many simple minds before me "it is what it is," James is always going to be friendzoned in a house of tall, handsome, muscular men.

If he looked like Corey and behaved like a 32 year old adolescent, I think he would get a showmance.  But he doesn't look like Corey, he doesn't look like Paulie, he doesn't have Jon Snow hair.

Paul reads shades of Devin to me.  And that did not work out well for Devin.  Although, I think Devin would have been a fun returnee.

• Love 1

I don't get why any newbie would want to align with the vets. If I were a newbie and I had betrayed the other new players to align with the vets, how would I hope to have a chance in a final two with a vet next to me? In this case the vets would vote for the vet and the newbies would be bitter towards me voting also for the vet. The easiest and simplest thing for the newbies would be to make a team of 12 people, try to win challenges and take out the vets one by one. After the vets are gone, they can start playing the game against each other. In that matter I agree with what Paul is saying, he just loses his right by being too bossy and unlikeable.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, himela said:

I don't get why any newbie would want to align with the vets. If I were a newbie and I had betrayed the other new players to align with the vets, how would I hope to have a chance in a final two with a vet next to me? In this case the vets would vote for the vet and the newbies would be bitter towards me voting also for the vet. The easiest and simplest thing for the newbies would be to make a team of 12 people, try to win challenges and take out the vets one by one. After the vets are gone, they can start playing the game against each other. In that matter I agree with what Paul is saying, he just loses his right by being too bossy and unlikeable.

It is not a foregone conclusion that a vet will win or that another vet will vote for them to win.  A lot happens in 99 days.  First week alliances, especially big ones, don't usually survive.  

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Talky Tina said:

I'm always annoyed by people who use deserted island and desert island like they're the same thing.  They are not the same thing at all.  

Yes! "Deserted island" means there used to be people, and they left. A "desert island" has little to no people, maybe undiscovered - and it doesn't have to be arid.  I suppose a "dessert island" is like a swim-up bar, but with cake.

I say this every year, but I hate that someone gets evicted before the live feeds even start. Doesn't seem fair. At least Glenn gave Corey a run for his money. I had assumed it wouldn't even be close!

Victor trying to play Nicole by flirting and taking off his shirt was hilarious. I admit, I think he's totally hot, but that was not going to work.

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Thalia said:

When she started crying last night I started wondering if she is Vanessa, with brown hair and minus the hats.  They didn't actually show them together in the premiere, just talking via Skype.  

I may be one of the most skeptical people alive, but this thought totally crossed my mind as well. Several times. 

• Love 2
(edited)
On 6/23/2016 at 6:58 PM, DakotaLavender said:

Nicole: "There wasn't a of of people to pick from..." 

Is she brain dead? They are all still in there except for Glenn.....

Do they give these HGs IQ tests and pick the lowest results? 

Most of the other housemates were immune, so her choices really were just that limited.

Edited by legaleagle53
  • Love 2
(edited)

Here is a clip of Tiffany playing an online reality game prior to BB18 (fast-forward to the five minute mark). 

Edited by K-9