Type keyword(s) to search

Season 18 Live Feed Discussion: Their Lives are Almost as Boring as Ours!

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I don't know. I mean, the last time we counted Corey out on a mental comp, he kind of accidentally won. 

I know this is a memory comp, but still, he could get lucky with his guesses. He's an idiot, but after the DE win, I won't count him out on mental comps. 

Heh, Nicole isn't playing. I'm rooting for Victor to win, personally. Anyone but Paul so Paul has to stay on the block and we'll see if James flips. That'll make for the most interesting week for me. Natalie, Michelle, and James would take Victor down. Corey would leave noms the same. Victor would take Victor down. Paul would take himself down. 

Paul's tiring me out. He's a great player, but I'm remembering my issues with him. I watched part of his fight with Nicole, and he's really aggressive when doing confrontations. Nicole's an idiot (FUCK YOU NICOLE) but she reminds me of me, in that I'm horrible in confrontational situations, especially when faced with aggression. This is definitely not the game for her in this case, and she does play the blame game a LOT, but I got annoyed at Paul for this. And I'm rooting for Paul to be evicted. If he comes back, whatever, but seeing his eviction would be bittersweet, even if it's only for a grand total of ten minutes. 

I just watched BBAD and Paul has to go.  He is exhausting and so similar to Paulie it stuns.  

James was acting oddly and noticeable to both Paul and Vic last night.  That translates to, he wants Paul gone.  

I am rooting for Victor to win the whole thing.  If Nat can find her way there I would champion her but  it is hard to imagine.  

• Love 3

he's really aggressive when doing confrontations.

That's a bully's tactic.  I don't like bullies.

I noticed that he spent the evening pumping himself up for the "confrontation", reciting Nicole's transgressions over and over again until he was a fury of self-righteous indignation. Then he targeted her like a heat-seeking missile.  I doubt most people would be able to withstand that kind of onslaught, much less someone like Nicole.  Has he ever gone after any of the stronger players in this way? Or does he just bully those he knows can only offer, at best, an awkward defense?

I'd have much preferred a conversation, heated perhaps, but at least a transaction where both parties could be heard. 

ETA: I'm on the FU Nicole bandwagon, but come on. That was a mugging.  She deserved to be called on her shit, but not steamrolled like that. To what purpose, except to scare the bejeebers out of her and make Paul look .......... whatever.  I'm over him, so I can't even be bothered to think of a word for him.

Edited by Skycatcher
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, TimWil said:

Say what you will about Paul but he's just not a liar. He can be obnoxious as hell but he does seem to have been brought up with a moral code.

I agree.  That's kind of why I was asking.  I disagree with Paul's aggressive, confrontational style toward Nicole IF what he was saying was fabricated, but if what he was saying is true -- then have at it, Paul.  Tear her to shreds.  Gloves off.  You gotta try and save your game against a person who's clearly out to get you.  

• Love 5

I didn't watch the feeds much yesterday or last night, but I read that Paul also wanted to keep confronting Nicole/Corey before/during the veto and Natalie was not receptive to that idea. Paul likes to do these big confrontations, and sometimes they're fun, but they also go too far. He seems to thrive on confrontations because he knows he can handle it to an extent. I knew someone had to become the new Paulie after he was evicted, and I bet my money on Paul. I'm glad to see that I was right. 

If Paul stays up on the block and Corey is backdoored, I think James would flip and Paul would go. However, if James actually wants to work with Nicole, getting Corey out would allow him that opportunity. So it all depends on if he wants to keep Corey around for numbers and get Paul out now, or if he wants Nicole to himself and he just gets Corey out. 

Surprise, surprise. Yet another week rides on James' flip flopping.

As for Paul/Nicole's fight, I think it was mostly true, but I also know that Paul has said some pretty awful things for 'game'. He can easily play off the awful things he's said to him playing along for the game and him not actually agreeing with them. Did he ever fess up to nicknaming Natalie FTs? I know Natalie confronted him about it, but I don't know if he gave her a solid answer. Paul's good at deflecting questions when he knows it's not the truth. 

Again, Paul's probably a good guy outside of this game. He's shown that he can be a good guy. However, all of these confrontations that he either starts or encourages makes him look like an aggressive asshole to me.

• Love 2

I was hoping Nicole would win veto.  It is easier for all involved to vote Paul out under those conditions.  

Voting Paul out this week is good for Natalie and Michele, two larger targets are before her.  Good for James, as well.

11 minutes ago, TimWil said:

Say what you will about Paul but he's just not a liar. He can be obnoxious as hell but he does seem to have been brought up with a moral code.

I see you are under his spell too!  He does lie!  Michele caught him in two last night.  Very funny.  He claimed it was not his idea to vote Bridget out!  He campaigned to get her out with the voracity of a mongoose.  And there are many more.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, J.D. said:

Yikes --!!!  Paul might be a good guitarist and all, but I don't think I'll be going to one of his concerts anytime soon.  This is SO not my type of music:

Not gonna lie, I actually kind of like it. I was expecting some sort of hipster music (I don't even know what that means, but I know it when I hear it). This was like... Disturbed lite or something from Linken Park. It's also basically what every other rock band is doing now with the tuned down and fuzzy guitars and double kick speed metal type drumming. It's not the worst thing I've ever heard, anyway.

Why no, I don't have a husband who plays drums and guitar in a rock band. Not at the same time, unfortunately, but I'm working on him to do a Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins type one man band routine.

• Love 4

I agree that it's better for everyone's game if Paul were gone.  Keeping Paul, game-wise, is a very stupid move.

That said, someone timid, passive and sloth-like such as Nicole shouldn't poke the sleeping bear.  She ought to know he's going to strike.

I just watched confrontation as well. I didn't think it was that bad except when Paul wouldn't shut up about it afterwards. He rehashed the whole thing when everyone had already heard it. He was going on way too long and I think everyone was like, alright already. When Nic and Corey went to their bed, she said something about feeling bad about lying and asked Corey if he lied and he said "of course!" and she said that made her feel a little better. I think HGs have to be ready for these kinds of confrontation and I don't personally see it as bullying. I think Nic is so bad at defending herself and arguing in general that she looks kind of pitiful but it didn't seem to bother Corey when it was directed at him.

I would say that getting rid of Paul and letting Corey and Vic go after each other would be the best option if there wasn't a returning jury member. Seems like there's such a strong chance that Paulie will return that sending Corey to jury might be their best bet.

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I didn't watch the feeds much yesterday or last night, but I read that Paul also wanted to keep confronting Nicole/Corey before/during the veto and Natalie was not receptive to that idea. Paul likes to do these big confrontations, and sometimes they're fun, but they also go too far. He seems to thrive on confrontations because he knows he can handle it to an extent. I knew someone had to become the new Paulie after he was evicted, and I bet my money on Paul. I'm glad to see that I was right. 

If Paul stays up on the block and Corey is backdoored, I think James would flip and Paul would go. However, if James actually wants to work with Nicole, getting Corey out would allow him that opportunity. So it all depends on if he wants to keep Corey around for numbers and get Paul out now, or if he wants Nicole to himself and he just gets Corey out. 

Surprise, surprise. Yet another week rides on James' flip flopping.

As for Paul/Nicole's fight, I think it was mostly true, but I also know that Paul has said some pretty awful things for 'game'. He can easily play off the awful things he's said to him playing along for the game and him not actually agreeing with them. Did he ever fess up to nicknaming Natalie FTs? I know Natalie confronted him about it, but I don't know if he gave her a solid answer. Paul's good at deflecting questions when he knows it's not the truth. 

Again, Paul's probably a good guy outside of this game. He's shown that he can be a good guy. However, all of these confrontations that he either starts or encourages makes him look like an aggressive asshole to me.

He apologized to Nat about FT but did not admit he came up with it.  It is so easy to blame so much on Paulie now.  She accepted his apology too quickly.  It gnawed at her and fueled the fire to put him on the block.  Not the reason but her wing man so to speak. 

James is hard to figure.  He has to run it by America first to guess the temperature of his move.  Natalie mentioned marriage in their future so there is NO way he will go against her wishes.  That will not stop him from talking softly and rationally to her as they lie in bed.  He is a big influence.  He is skilled at lighting the way and making/allowing her think it is her decision. 

Yes on the bold.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, NeelyOh said:

I would say that getting rid of Paul and letting Corey and Vic go after each other would be the best option if there wasn't a returning jury member. Seems like there's such a strong chance that Paulie will return that sending Corey to jury might be their best bet.

STUPID JURY BUYBACK. Seriously, if there was no jury buyback, I'd say "let Paul go this week and Corey/Nicole and Vic/Michelle can target each other with James/Natalie deciding whose side to join" but sadly, there is, which means whoever gets evicted this week or Paulie are probably going to come back. Because that's just our luck and we might be stuck with a similar situation next week. Nothing's being done because of all these people returning. It's just prolonging situations or completely eliminating situations that should just be.

• Love 4

Paul is on the block and Nicole is one of the only two votes needed to evict him, right?

So why is he attacking her, especially with her joined at the hip to Coooorrreeeeey?  He must expect to win Veto.  Is that not played until Monday?

• Love 1
Just now, PaperTree said:

Paul is on the block and Nicole is one of the only two votes needed to evict him, right?

So why is he attacking her, especially with her joined at the hip to Coooorrreeeeey?  He must expect to win Veto.  Is that not played until Monday?

Veto is played today.

22 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Voting Paul out this week is good for Natalie and Michele, two larger targets are before her.  Good for James, as well.

I'd agree with this if Paulie weren't coming back in the game - now they'll have an unbreakable block of 3 who can win comps, and will take out these girls in a heartbeat.  If Paulie comes back with Corey and Nicole in the house - I think there's a good shot that's our final three.

• Love 3

Another reason to vote Paul out is he will latch onto the buy back HG and fill them in on the "truth" of what has happened a la  Gone With the Wind without the plot or scenery, just the length (with no intermission). 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, TimWil said:

Paul has lied about plenty of stuff in the house. He just can talk his way around/out of it. 

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 3
20 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Not gonna lie, I actually kind of like it. I was expecting some sort of hipster music (I don't even know what that means, but I know it when I hear it). This was like... Disturbed lite or something from Linken Park. It's also basically what every other rock band is doing now with the tuned down and fuzzy guitars and double kick speed metal type drumming. It's not the worst thing I've ever heard, anyway.

I've seen Linkin Park in concert more times then I probably should admit.  :D  I love their music.  Fav song:  In The End.  Disturbed is okay, but I'm def more of a Linkin Park fan.  I guess the downfall of Paul's band for me is the inaudible lyrics.  I know that's their 'type thing.'  Still, if the lead pulled back on the screaming a little bit and sang a little more audible, I'd be cool with 'em.

Okay, back on topic.... :D

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, lyric said:

I'd agree with this if Paulie weren't coming back in the game - now they'll have an unbreakable block of 3 who can win comps, and will take out these girls in a heartbeat.  If Paulie comes back with Corey and Nicole in the house - I think there's a good shot that's our final three.

I am not so sure Paulie is coming back.  Things are different now than when Paulie left.  Attitudes change.  Assuming only Nic or Corey remain, not both, I don't see anyone happy to see him other than a number to put out before the heat comes down on them.  

I can see them lying to his face as they align and then stabbing him in the back and sending him on his way again.  They all know he cannot be trusted!  

16 minutes ago, J.D. said:

I've seen Linkin Park in concert more times then I probably should admit.  :D  I love their music.  Fav song:  In The End.  Disturbed is okay, but I'm def more of a Linkin Park fan.  I guess the downfall of Paul's band for me is the inaudible lyrics.  I know that's their 'type thing.'  Still, if the lead pulled back on the screaming a little bit and sang a little more audible, I'd be cool with 'em.

Okay, back on topic.... :D

For me, he was a little too high in the singing parts versus the metal-like rawwr parts but I was surprised that they were as decent as they were. I admit, he talked about that shit so often in the beginning of the feeds that I was sure they were going to be absolutely wretched. 

Oh, God. I'm going to like his clothing line now too, aren't I? 

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, wings707 said:

I am not so sure Paulie is coming back.  Things are different now than when Paulie left.  Attitudes change.  Assuming only Nic or Corey remain, not both, I don't see anyone happy to see him other than a number to put out before the heat comes down on them.  

I can see them lying to his face as they align and then stabbing him in the back and sending him on his way again.  They all know he cannot be trusted!  

The JBB will this week.  Nicorey are not on the block.  Paul is the target and he will have to win POV.   If he saves himself, he will be pissed against those who went after him - and will surely suck up to Paulie (if he comes back).

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

For me, he was a little too high in the singing parts versus the metal-like rawwr parts but I was surprised that they were as decent as they were. I admit, he talked about that shit so often in the beginning of the feeds that I was sure they were going to be absolutely wretched. 

Now, I just know you're going to buy the shirt that says "Friendship" and has the cupcakes and skeleton bones. ;)

http://www.deadskullapparel.com/products

2 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

You tell me....

(sorry everyone - looks like the "Friendship" t-shirt is sold out...)

• Love 2
3 hours ago, TheRealT said:

Gamewise, Nat/James/Michelle are MORONS if last night wasn't a huge, "WELL, OBVIOUSLY PAUL HAS TO GO NOW" neon billboard on fire. He clearly demonstrated how and why he will beat them if he stays in the game. And of course Paul and Vic wanted to "stick to the plan" and get Nicorey out, then duke it out in F5 because that plan would almost certainly lead to one of them winning the game. Duh! Paul has Vic completely snowed. Vic would "pull a Cody" with him in F3 without hesitation and Vic is already dreaming about the epic friendship they're going to have after the show. N/J/M have much better odds of getting to F2 from an F5 with Nicorey than F5 with Paul and Vic. Even if Meech can manage to get dragged to the end by Paul/Vic, she has zero chance of beating them, while she might have a prayer against Nicole or Corey.

+1

1 hour ago, TimWil said:

It's already been said by multiple people but I just wanted to agree with others that Paul has indeed lied. And he has been caught, too. But he's a very good talker and knows how to play people well, so he may yet get out of this predicament. 

Nicole: I must just do a lot of stuff wrong to end up in this situation two seasons in a row.

Finally, she gets it!

Also, even though I do hope Paul goes this week, I've decided to be really irate over the fact that fucking Corey has a decent shot of winning this game. He has done absolutely nothing all season. Ugh!

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 6

I don't get how nominating Paul was the right thing for Natalie to do. Paul and Victor were taking her to end with them. 

Victor had a choice to go with the boys boys group and cut Natalie or Michelle; he chose instead to align with her and James.

The one a Corey/Nicole logetivity in house benefit is James. 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Deputy Deputy CoS said:

I don't get how nominating Paul was the right thing for Natalie to do. Paul and Victor were taking her to end with them. 

It's because Natalie can't win against Paul/Victor, while she MIGHT have a shot against anyone else. It's obviously not guaranteed, but getting Paul out now ensures that he for sure can't win (in the HGs eyes) and Paul's the mastermind becoming Paulie 2.0. They probably want to squash that ASAP...except now they've fallen for his shit. 

They're getting down to the wire now; they're losing numbers and the possibility of getting Nicole/Corey out now is great, but Paul/Victor will end up sliding to the end. They need to take their shots when they can, and Nat/James think that they can beat Nicole/Corey in comps and get them sent home. 

I'm totally fine with Corey/Nicole leaving, especially with this jury buyback. But I also would kind of like to see Paul leave this week. Again, he's a great player so I wouldn't be pissed if he won. I'm just rooting for Natalie and her chances disappear if Paul's in the final 2 with her. And I'm sick of Paul's planned fights and confrontations. I'd also like to see what Victor decides without Paul around to tell him what to do. 

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Deputy Deputy CoS said:

Natalie never could have beaten them and she's playing to actually win rather than be F3/F2. Also, Victor/Paul had discussed whether to take Michelle or Natalie with them and they never really came to an ultimate conclusion. And Nicole/Corey have also discussed going to the end with Natalie, so same thing really.

Paul is everyone's biggest threat. Everyone should want him gone asap.

ETA: Or what @Lady Calypso said!

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Deputy Deputy CoS said:

Victor had a choice to go with the boys boys group and cut Natalie or Michelle; he chose instead to align with her and James.

The one a Corey/Nicole logetivity in house benefit is James. 

Yesterday, the day before?  Paul exhibited some behavior (don't remember what he did or said) that made her become immediately suspicious that he was jumping ship from their final 4 deal with James and her.  They were in UK.  She set her plan to flip on him in a flash. I am not so sure she was wrong either.  Paul became immediately aware something was up with her and it must have been what he had just said.  James left and she quickly followed him, and shortly after went to talk to Nicole and Corey.  That is how it all started.  So assuming he was to something it was a good move.  And he may have been.  He changed the plot obviously, if this was the case.  

Corey picked for VETO.  He didn't study at all. 

Meanwhile, Paul was relentless all night drilling that side, so they all know it, but Paul was such a complete ass that some of what they know is wrong, wouldn't listen to others, obnoxious display.

The best move IS to get Paul out, as yesterday's display made perfectly clear.  He easily flipped everyone. You don't keep someone like that in the game.

If Corey wins it will be a complete fluke, he trusts James...IDIOT.  More likely  he was just lazy and getting in "cuddle time" with Nic.  Nic suspects.

James probably still wants Paul gone but he won't go against Nat.  Nat went from tears to giggles all night, her laugh just makes me smile, very infectious. 

James will throw this.  He'd be an idiot to win it.  Corey didn't bother to learn the complicated storm warnings.  Miche, Nat, Paul, and Victor really have it down.  Victor is in the most danger this week, and Paul is pressuring Miche and Nat to use it on him for going after him during noms in such a mean way.  They both want to use it on Victor. and already promised to do that, but Paul could probably pressure them or guilt them into it.

So?  For me?  GO VICTOR!  Win this thing!

Poor Nicole...armless.

CqUkdtAWcAAtJED.jpg

Oh, and Vic and Paul said they would get James out next yesterday sometime.  I think that will hold.

• Love 10

Yeah, I need Victor to win. I need Paul to stay on the block because he needs his own slice of humble pie here. And I want him to piss James off so much that he flips and votes him out with Nicole. I think Natalie might give him her blessing to do it if he made a strong enough case. 

Michelle/Natalie might be too scared of Paul or too manipulated by him to use it on Victor. Corey winning would be funny, but I worry that Nicorey would vote out Victor over Paul, because they're absolute idiots. 

But, knowing our luck, Paul will win. Well, then Corey would go with isn't a huge loss, but I just really need Paul to stay on the block.

• Love 1

I feel like if Victor is still on the block, regardless if he's sitting next to Paul or Corey, they will all vote him out. He's a comp beast. I want Vic to stay, but it would be funny if they voted him out and he won the jury buy back.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

Watch this talk between James and Nat right now guys!

Paul may still go!

I'm preparing for the worst here (Paul winning veto) but hoping for the best (Paul not winning veto and staying on the block). 

Michelle, Natalie, and James like Victor a lot more so I think they'd stick to their guns and take him down over Paul. 

Nat says her gut is telling her to get out Corey and Paul.

James says he'll stand behind her and it doesn't matter which one goes first.

Nat says she doesn't like how pushy Paul is, and he's really good at this game. James said he'll get even more pushy.

(If you guys didn't see Paul giving orders to everyone last night, all night, about memorizing, you really need to flash back and watch a little bit of it, then you will know what Nat's talking about her.)

I want Victor to win VETO, and I DO want Paul to go home, but I'd be fine with Corey going home too.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

I want Victor to win VETO, and I DO want Paul to go home, but I'd be fine with Corey going home too.

Keeping Paul in the house after everything that went down would be a huge mistake.  He's very vindictive and will be relentless until Natalie and Michelle are evicted.

• Love 2
Just now, escape said:

Keeping Paul in the house after everything that went down would be a huge mistake.  He's very vindictive and will be relentless until Natalie and Michelle are evicted.

The returning juror could change things but right now Victor/Paul have agreed to target James and Corey/Nicole next. Natalie still isn't really on their radar.

Just now, escape said:

He's not after Michelle, though. At least, not that he voiced it out loud. He's after James, Nicole, and Corey for sure. Him and Victor talked about it. Natalie is probably a backdoor/"pawn" option. She could easily become a target, but as of right now, she's not. 

But he should absolutely go. Except he shouldn't because of jury buyback in case him or Paulie walk back in. Both would be HORRIBLE choices. 

So it becomes a very, very tricky situation. To the HGs, getting out Paul is good. But for us who know about jury buyback, getting Corey out is a better option. 

• Love 3
54 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

This is probably where I'm at right now, too.

James was basically telling Natalie that she shouldn't have won HOH. She said she wanted to win a HOH and if it gets her evicted so be it. I think she knows she's not getting any credit for her game and thought winning a HOH and taking out a big target would make people believe she's more than James' puppet.

James is an idiot, but honestly in this talk right now he's making a lot of sense. He sometimes gets it.

That being said though, I hope he does throw the HOH next week and then gets nommed/targeted. I'd lol.

ETA: James obviously doesn't think Natalie has a shot in hell at winning. Ugh I really wish Natalie wouldn't have become so close to him. Oh well, at the end of the day it is what it is. ;)

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Umbelina said:

James is totally making sense.

Getting Paul out is the right move, and as much as I HATE to say it?  Getting Victor out is also best for his game if Paul wins VETO.

Yeah - as much as I'd like to see Corey the ultradouche hobble out of the door while dragging a sobbing Nicole behind him (after Nat nutpunches him), Paul has to go. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, J.D. said:

Now, I just know you're going to buy the shirt that says "Friendship" and has the cupcakes and skeleton bones. ;)

http://www.deadskullapparel.com/products

2 hours ago, AbsoluteShower said:

You tell me....

(sorry everyone - looks like the "Friendship" t-shirt is sold out...)

It's a little too punk for me. It doesn't really fit into my 90's grunge throwback wardrobe.

What? Flannel shirts and band tees will never go out of style.

• Love 9

Well, at least we know if James/Natalie/Michelle/Victor win veto, Paul's for sure staying up and probably leaving. Natalie's not pleased with Paul trying to get her to pull him down if she wins veto.

I'm surprised I haven't watched the feeds much. This is an excellent week. I guess I'll turn them on after veto, but I have no desire to right now. 

Honestly, though, BB18 was looking to be a flop, but....we're getting a lot of flips and a lot of drama. I like a healthy dose of drama (but not too much, or else I panic) so this has been a good two weeks for us. 

That being said, jury buyback is bullshit and will cause too much drama for me to like. I swear if Paulie comes back and gets to the finals..... 

• Love 10