Type keyword(s) to search

Season 18 Live Feed Discussion: Their Lives are Almost as Boring as Ours!

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Nashville said:

...which means I would be a not-so-pretty mid-to-late-50s man walking into the BB House.  Which also means I would be walking right back out the door somewhere in the first 3 evictions.

Quite right too! The very idea of having *shudder* old people polluting the hotness...

• Love 4

Three HGs lost their jobs on BB15.  Their employers wanted nothing to do them after their vile displays.  Really, it is worth watching. I am not sure how much got on the episodes, though.  youtube fills in some blanks! 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, J.D. said:

Has Victor hinted at who he'd name as the replacement nom if Meech or Zak win and take themselves down?

I haven't seen anything about Paulie (the actual HOH) saying anything about it yet.

1 hour ago, NeelyOh said:

I'd genuinely like to know why Derrick would consider a competent female a bigger threat than a competent male, from a strategic perspective.  I realize that he may be a sexist but I still don't get why a guy would increase his chances of winning by keeping competent males in the game and cutting competent women.

He just doesn't like when a woman isn't subservient. And he has an easier time getting men to do his bidding.

1 hour ago, NeelyOh said:

I've missed everything from the last several days and am trying to read updates here and there to catch up. One thing I saw was Nicole talking to the camera saying that she secretly thinks she has a chance to win this, as opposed to just making it to top 5.  I really want to know how she thinks she can win with her current strategy. I'm sure it involves Corey but she has to see that he's not winning comps and other other guys are beating him at everything and she's not winning any comps either -- how is she going to remain safe? Is she planning on being the clueless female player that gets dragged to end? These are the times when I wish we could hear everyone's thoughts about strategy via DRs.

I read a post here that said that Nicole named James as the Derrick of this season. Was she serious or was she trying to throw people off? I realize that we see so much more than the players see but how could she not understand that James isn't in that tight with the bro's and isn't calling any shots for anybody? She has to realize that although Corey is in tight with the bro's, he isn't making the decisions or having separate sessions with other players to persuade them to go his way. Why then doesn't she suspect that it's either Paul or Paulie filling the Derrick role?

Nicole is stupid as hell. Like just brain dead. That's your answer to all these questions.

1 hour ago, Umbelina said:

I'd take BB9 over many, many seasons, especially these latest seasons, and times 100 over this one.

46 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Honestly, BB15 isn't bad. It's an entertaining as fuck season. 

This. BB9 and BB15 were full of truly despicable people. Probably worse than what we have now. But they weren't boring. I can't stand boring. That's why BB16 and BB18 are my least faves.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2

Natalie is the most likely replacement nom.

Now if this is prizes and punishments and James gives up VETO for $5000 or a trip?  James or Natalie for SURE.

3 hours though, so it may be hide and seek, no backyard lock down to speak of.

Edited by Umbelina

I understand why we'e having the discussion (ahem, because this season blows), but the talk of previous seasons is off-topic here. Let's try to stick to BB18 and the live feeds. Thanks!

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

Now if this is prizes and punishments and James gives up VETO for $5000 or a trip?  James or Natalie for SURE.

What is hide and seek?  I need a memory jog.  Thanks

6 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

I like this. If she goes I don't have to give any fucks anymore. Plus, it might cause some problems with Paulie/James or even Paulie/Paul since James and Paul would want Z out but Paulie would want Natalie out.

6 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

There was no indoor lockdown? Then yea it's definitely hide and seek. Or something new, I guess. That's unlikely though as they're so lazy with comps.

3 minutes ago, wings707 said:

4 minutes ago, wings707 said:

They wreck the house trying to find something, like chits, they can be hidden ANYWHERE in the house.   They take turns being let into the house so it can take FOREVER.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Where each HG hides a token with their name on it, one by one, in the house and then everyone gets to go on a seeking rampage to find it. The last one not found is the Veto winner (I think). Also known as: how messy can we make the house look before we force you all to clean it up. And sometimes it's the only time the house gets a proper clean.

I'd much prefer a "How bad do you want it?" comp. Those are always fun. Well, fun to watch people deal with their punishments.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, sharkfan said:

Here's my prediction - 20th season, 20 players, as many previous winners as they can get plus extras who they would consider 'All Stars' . Only please no Mike Boogie. If I have to spend another summer watching that sleazy rat-faced douchebag I may harm myself.

Can I please add Dan?  Cannot stand the guy.  Nothing worse (for me) than a liar who's self-righteously clutching a bible in their hands.  And the THs - least favorite ever.  The shouting, the right arm draped over the back of the chair, the posturing by looking over his right shoulder as he shouts his genius.  

In fact, I'd prefer if all former winners were exempt - especially Evel Dick.  Although I'm not sure they would allow an HIV positive house guest.

1 hour ago, me5671 said:

Helen was on Season 15, the year of the racists.  I agree, that's when "it's what the house wants!!!" got out of hand, and never really recovered.

I don't think it's generational either, but there's no denying that this 'vote with the house' mentality has taken over strategy.  Just look at how the number of unanimous votes has spiked over the seasons.  (For # of votes per season, I counted any vote for eviction where 2 or more votes were cast).

S2- 4 of 7 votes were unanimous
S3- 4 of 9 votes were unanimous
S4- 4 of 8 votes were unanimous
S5- 4 of 10 votes were unanimous
S6- 4 of 11 votes were unanimous
S7- 4 of 10 votes were unanimous
S8- 2 of 10 votes were unanimous
S9- 5 of 10 votes were unanimous
S10- 5 of 9 votes were unanimous
S11- 1 of 8 votes were unanimous
S12- 7 of 9 votes were unanimous (Brigade season)
S13- 2 of 10 votes were unanimous
S14- 2 of 10 votes were unanimous
S15- 7 of 13 votes were unanimous
S16- 10 of 13 votes were unanimous
S17- 6 of 14 votes were unanimous
S18- 2 of 6 votes were unanimous so far (and that # is likely to spike unless there's a power shift and soon!)

I get that sometimes you have to vote with the house so that you don't become the odd man out.  However, it seems that recently the players don't even try to swing the vote or even consider throwing in a hinky vote strategically.  Again, I don't think it's generational... I think it's casting.  But whatever it is, the herd mentality is escalating.

I hate repeating myself, but this problem would be solved if the vote totals were anonymous.       These people have become gutless.   I think it would really energize the game if vote counts stayed secret, and we'd probably see some good blind sides.  

• Love 16

Derrick was a boring winner but he was so good at the game. Paulie isn't as smart and the season more boring. Nothing seems to be working right. The Battle Back winner was Victor. The care packages haven't impacted the game like I thought it would. Maybe, the Round Trip ticket might help but if one of the guys get it then it's game over & out. Yup! It's a pretty sucky season. LOL!! At least, I have Survivor in September. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, RedheadZombie said:

I hate repeating myself, but this problem would be solved if the vote totals were anonymous.       These people have become gutless.   I think it would really energize the game if vote counts stayed secret, and we'd probably see some good blind sides.  

This is the one pre-season rumour that I'm really sad wasn't real. It would be a brilliant move ("By a majority of the votes, x, you are evicted from the Big Brother house."), it would keep the other HGs hopping to wonder if it was unanimous or not, and it would give some wiggle room to people who feel forced to vote with the house.

Of course, this group cannot keep their mouths shut so it would probably still be a vote with the house mentality.

• Love 3

I don't hate Dan, but I'm over him. And Will. So yea I'm not about them coming back for a 3rd time. And a big fat NO to Dick. Honestly I actually hate almost all the winners. I would like to see Lisa again though. But she's literally the only winner I would want to see again, so I'm hoping for a non-winners All Stars 2.

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

This. BB9 and BB15 were full of truly despicable people. Probably worse than what we have now. But they weren't boring. I can't stand boring. That's why BB16 and BB18 are my least faves.

The outright racism was allowed to go on too long unchallenged.  I think CBS/BB finally commented because of viewer outrage.  And while Julie was praised for going hard on Aryn, it was interesting that with all the racists, Julie only put Aryn on the spot.  I wonder if Julie or her husband cared at all until the Asian mocking began. 

I think at the time it was speculated by some that Julie didn't have the authority or power to do anything.  But her husband runs the network and I've seen her challenge him on The Talk.  When the Casey Anthony verdict broke, Julie refused to allow the show to go to court coverage, and said her husband could talk to her if he had a problem. 

So IMO, Julie just couldn't be bothered until she and her child were indirectly slandered.   And these people had no problem with Dick burning Jen with a cigarette and threatening to rape her.  As well as the gang up on Candace, which included flipping her bed, getting in her face, calling her a fake stereotypical name, and doing exaggerated finger waving and neck gesticulations.   

My opinion is they were emboldened by the lack of response from the DR.  In fact, the DR could have helped egg the whole thing on for drama.  

• Love 10
24 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Can I please add Dan?  Cannot stand the guy.  Nothing worse (for me) than a liar who's self-righteously clutching a bible in their hands.  And the THs - least favorite ever.  The shouting, the right arm draped over the back of the chair, the posturing by looking over his right shoulder as he shouts his genius.  

In fact, I'd prefer if all former winners were exempt - especially Evel Dick.  Although I'm not sure they would allow an HIV positive house guest.

YES! I have wanted this for years.  It would create a lot of paranoia and many would share how they voted and a witch hunt would ensue, but I will take that, over what is afoot now.

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

The outright racism was allowed to go on too long unchallenged.  I think CBS/BB finally commented because of viewer outrage.

Oh yea, I firmly believe they wouldn't have ever done anything if it weren't for the fact that the media picked up on it. Although they never did anything about Dick and I'm pretty sure his antics reached mainstream media, too. But they liked Dick and he was misogynistic, which Production doesn't give one fuck about.

• Love 5

It seems obvious that James is going to whimp out on the vote cancellation.  He'd probably give it to someone else or simply refuse to do it if he could. I hate the group think.  It reminds me of when a tribe in Survivor decided to throw a HII (or the clue - can't remember) into the ocean.  They didn't want divisiveness affecting their (temporary) utopia.  What morons.  It was like they weren't aware of what show they'd signed up for.  

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

Media only picked up on it because live feeders captured it and sent it to them, tweeted about it, etc.

The live feeders point out shit all the time and the media doesn't always pick up on it. BB15 was pretty bad, but still. And you'll remember the overwhelming misogyny of BB15 was still ignored in the media/on the show.

James will do what Paulie tells him to do, probably even if Nat is on the block.

I think I'd try to hide mine inside a head of lettuce, if you are careful with the outside leaves, and ate some of the inside I think you could do it.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Umbelina said:

I think I'd try to hide mine inside a head of lettuce, if you are careful with the outside leaves, and ate some of the inside I think you could do it.

LOL that's such a great idea! I think you'd definitely win.

• Love 1

It seems like hiding it with the cleaning supplies would be the best bet, since the HGs always seem to have an aversion to them.

That, or maybe inside the ants' nest.

ETA:  Ninja'd by Callaphera.  Doh!

Edited by MrHufflepuff
  • Love 3
Just now, MrHufflepuff said:

It seems like hiding it with the cleaning supplies would be the best bet, since the HGs always seem to have an aversion to them.

That, or maybe inside the ants' nest.

In the garbage cabinet. It's always full of ants. Bless the brave person who would reach in there for it.

• Love 3

I'd bury it deep in one of the paint cans of uncooked slop. No one likes slop. You're not gonna upend the whole container on the floor to see if something is in there. 

ETA: I still say the cleaning supplies are the best bet. You could probably put it right on the bristles of the broom, out in the open, and everyone would walk by saying, "Ew. A broom." They wouldn't even see it.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

In the garbage cabinet. It's always full of ants. Bless the brave person who would reach in there for it.

Garbage is one of the first places people look.  They dump out all the food like cereal and slop.  Cleaning supplies aren't a good place to hide it because it's open, chits too big to put inside.  I don't know if the toilet even has a visible tank, but I'd use honey and try to stick it to the back base, where people would have to get on their knees in that filthy place to find it.

They've ripped open pillows, upturned all the rugs, just made a complete mess in the past.

James probably already has his spot picked out.  The vets and people like Paulie have an advantage, so does Miche, feed watchers know the best places.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 1

They trash the entire house, empty everything and tear apart the beds.  I don't like this comp because of this.  Maybe that is why this is so long.  They had the comp and now they are putting everything back together slowly.  

One of the better hiding places, someone slid it way under the living room rug under a piece of furniture.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

HouseGuest Chat: Da’Vonne praises Paulie  http://www.globaltv.com/bigbrother/latest/houseguest-chat-davonne-praises-paulie/

She regrets not hugging Miche.

I wonder if she will ever see things clearly when out and can read feedback.  She is not going to get anything valuable from family and friends, they tend to soft sell it and support their HG, as any loving friend would.  

On my youtube cruise today I happened across a vid of Day saying she was going to come in and play alone for her reputation.  She was adamant that she didn't want to play with others.  We know this but seeing it again just made me shake my head in wonder. 

I would pull the refrigerator out and put it behind it.  I have not seen someone do that.  Forget beds and cushions on any furniture.  Or you could do the route of the purloined letter and hide it in plain sight (upside down, of course), right when you come through the slider.  Most run directly into the kitchen, bedrooms etc.  They never stop right there.   They are fairly heavy but a good coat of toothpaste may hold it out of sight, up against something,  

• Love 1

Seriously, what is with the slut shaming if Zakiyah? Nicole has been giving handies for months and yet everything Z does has to be documented and shared with the entire internet. It's seriously gross, I'm sorry but it's gross. People have been getting it on in the Big Brother house for many, many years. But the way Zakiyah gets singled out and ridiculed is quite frankly pretty peculiar. All of the guys posed for pictures with their ass hanging out. Paul literally said if he could, he would bang in the middle of the Paris room naked. Zakiyah jump ropes in a bikini and she's a thot. I'm just gonna come out and say it, I don't think she would get the same amount of scrutiny or disdain if she were a White woman. Amanda wore a dominatrix outfit and spanked McCrae on tv and she didn't get this much hate and yet Zakiyah gets called gross and disgusting and people claim that she doesn't respect herself and I'm sick of it. She's an adult, doing adult things and not even new things. Give her a break.

• Love 4

Nicoles handies are all over the internet too, but she had the decency/sense to stay under the covers.  Amanda's too.  Z did her nearly naked ass twerking on Paulie's dick live on BBAD.  Not everyone gets the feeds. 

It's not just Z.

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 4

Oh, Amanda got a fair amount of hate for raping McCrae and I think the fringe bathing suit outfit was more laughed at because she looked like a fool. Nicole gets her fair amount of disdain for her under the cover actions with Corey. I think the difference, in this case between Nicole and Zakiyah, is that Nicole keeps her mainly under wraps (or the blanket) while Zakiyah seems desperate to get Paulie's attention by wearing what she did and purposely bending over in the backyard, making it more of a public spectacle than just pissing off the person sleeping next to you.  

Is it fair? Maybe not. But if Nicole was pulling the same shit Zakiyah was in the backyard, I think she would get it just as bad. 

• Love 3

Good God, this PoV comp is taking forever. It must be the one where they get offered cash and prizes and have to take punishments. I hope when the feeds come back Paul is beardless, Paulie's in a jockstrap and Michelle's wearing a wooden bucket and a star spangled bikini top.

Z isn't "HATED" for her purposely on camera sex or naked ass.  She's hated for ratting out the girls to Paulie, most recently Michelle, RIGHT after Michelle confided in her, for jumping when Paulie says JUMP, most recently, this last HOH comp, for not caring when Paulie said Day was getting voted out, for being an idiot and useless on the show, and for being so desperate for a man.

She's pitied, not hated, for her fixation on Paulie, who doesn't give one damn about her.  Relationship-wise, Paulie is the hated one of the two.\

Punishments wouldn't take this long.  It almost has to be hide and seek now.  6 hours!

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, poopchute said:

I think people called her gross and disgusting after she put on a pad and then ate community chips without washing her hands. That's new to me. I've never seen another houseguest do that.

Yeah, this is why I find Zakiyah a little gross, but not overly so. It's the equivalent of some of the men from previous seasons (I think it was McCrae mostly?) who constantly had their hands down their pants/underwear and then would eat something. I can't remember which guy it was who did it the most often, but I find that as gross as Zak with the pad thing. But for me, it's also that she seems to have no idea that Paulie is so disinterested in her and has been calling her names behind her back. He may enjoy the acts to a certain extent, but she's clearly into it more than he is. I personally find her a little pathetic if she keeps throwing herself at a guy who really doesn't give her the time of day. He doesn't ask her personal questions nor has he tried to get to know her better. She's even said this multiple times. It makes it seem like her strategy is throwing herself at him to stay on his good side. It's like Amanda/McCrae. Amanda was totally into him and he was into her at first, but halfway through the season, he actually looked like he was done with the relationship but never ended it due to his own game. That's why doing these things in the house is a bad idea. Things get messy....fast, especially if you want to end it. 

Also, I totally judge Paulie for letting her do these things and not telling her the truth about his feelings. He makes these vague statements and he may enjoy it, but he's very gross and disgusting in his misogynistic behaviour. She's going to get hurt, mostly by her own hand, and he doesn't seem to care. He's playing a dangerous game with Zak. I think he's completely aware of what he's doing and how it might hurt her, but he chooses to let it continue in the dysfunctional way that it is. 

With Nicole/Corey, he doesn't seem to be leading her on and I think he enjoys it as much as Nicole. So I think there's two different relationships with both showmances that makes one a little better than the other. 

• Love 7

And let us not forget that Zakiyah was the one who threw the "thot" insult out there first, so really, an argument could be made that it's simply just using the same word she did to a comedic effect.*

*Please note, I have no real dog in this fight. I don't really care about either of them, but I also don't see "slut shaming" in regards to either of them, more exasperation than anything. I'm just playing devil's advocate here because I'm so bored waiting for the result of the Veto.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, poopchute said:

I think people called her gross and disgusting after she put on a pad and then ate community chips without washing her hands. That's new to me. I've never seen another houseguest do that.

And none of the other houseguests cared and they all ate out of the bags too so is everyone calling them gross? No just Z. James's hands are always in his pants and I haven't seen him wash his hands afterwards, but it's only Z bashed, even though she wasn't on her period. 

Also, she's been called gross because of her sexual activity. Amanda's dominatrix outfit did not cover more than Z's outfit but whatever. 

Paulie gave Z a lap dance were his face was directly in her crotch and Z is not having sex by herself, unlike Corey when he was wacking off watching them and yet he's not getting shamed. Why is it all on Z? And yeah, there are videos if Nicole jacking Corey but have any of them been shared here? They just aren't being shared at the same rate as Z's. Google Ollie and April from BB 10 and you will really see people having sex on camera but folks forgot about that. Everyone claims they hate Paulie and yet Zakiyah gets all the vitriol.

• Love 2