Type keyword(s) to search

Season 18 Live Feed Discussion: Their Lives are Almost as Boring as Ours!

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I don't know why they don't want to show off Natalie's intelligence, perceptiveness, and ruthlessness after this week. 

This show has a real hard time portraying women like Natalie as anything but bimbos. It's really sad. And maddening. It's really weird in this case though since there is actually a lot of footage of Natalie actually being smart and playing. Plus she's the most popular HG. So I really don't get it.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 9

Buyback: The only way I want Zakiyah back, is if Paulie gets evicted, and only if...especially if she has Day in her ear 24/7 in the jury house. But will they do an endurance competition with the jury battle back?

TPTB will paint whoever they want as the angel or devil...They did it with Bridgette, and for right now they are finding their "star" with Michelle. It can all change next week. 

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

This show has a real hard time portraying women like Natalie as anything but bimbos. It's really sad. And maddening. It's really weird in this case though since there is actually a lot of footage of Natalie actually being smart and playing. Plus she's the most popular HG. So I really don't get it.

I think a mistake was made in the transfer of information to the editors.   "Women like Natalie?"  She is a young upbeat sweet girl.  Paulie  classifies her as a type but I doubt production would!    

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, wings707 said:

"Women like Natalie?"  She is a young upbeat sweet girl.  Paulie  classifies her as a type but I doubt production would!    

They do. Production hates women who play like Natalie has been playing. They're as sexist (more so actually) as the people they cast.

• Love 9

AG recently said in an article that Da'vonne was their star this season. Which, I can agree and knowing AG, she will be giving Day one last shot with all stars. It seemed like AG was really sad about Da'vonne leaving cause she was hedging her bets on Day going far.

Now, who are they going to try and do, I don't know.

• Love 1

I don't remember seeing this here: apparently Paulie went off right before the live show. James said he was forcing himself into the room as someone was trying to hold the door and Paul said he thought he was going to have to restrain him. They better show that on Sunday's ep.

There's still about an hour left in care package voting so make sure you get your Michelle votes it! Maybe there's a chance we can prevent Nicole from getting it.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

They do. Production hates women who play like Natalie has been playing. They're as sexist (more so actually) as the people they cast.

But for most of the game, Natalie hasn't down much except ride on James' coat tails.  And uses her femininity when it's convenient - when she was whining and crying to Victor that she needed to win HOH so she can get a letter from her mother.  Instead of strategizing game play with him.

Edited by escape
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I don't remember seeing this here: apparently Paulie went off right before the live show. James said he was forcing himself into the room as someone was trying to hold the door and Paul said he thought he was going to have to restrain him. They better show that on Sunday's ep.

There's still about an hour left in care package voting so make sure you get your Michelle votes it! Maybe there's a chance we can prevent Nicole from getting it.

So Paulie was trying to get through a door that someone was holding shut to stop him from doing what?  Getting at James? 

2 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

There's still about an hour left in care package voting so make sure you get your Michelle votes it! Maybe there's a chance we can prevent Nicole from getting it.

I know Paul said that Paulie was doing something (toward James, I believe?) that made Paul feel like he was going to have to restrain him, but I didn't understand what until now. I think now that Paulie's the target, they won't be afraid of showing his actions on Sunday's episode. They'll have to now, I think. They'll for sure show the Natalie/Paulie fight to some extent. 

I...I feel really bad but I'm rooting for Nicole to get super safety, just so Michelle/Paul/Victor for sure get the last two packages. I'll admit that I'm totally afraid of Nicole getting co-HOH next week and we can't let that happen. Plus, Nicole's gonna feel even guiltier that she's safe while her boys are up on the block and going for sure. 

2 minutes ago, escape said:

But for most of the game, Natalie hasn't down much except ride on James' coat tails.  And to be fair, she uses her femininity  when it's convenient - when she was whining and crying to Victor that she needed to win HOH so she can get a letter from her mother.  Instead of strategizing game play with him.

They should still give credit where credit is due. Natalie should be included in the mastermind edit on Sunday's episode. It's as simple as that. Just like Paulie's comments about women (all of them) should be shown on Sunday's episode. Production shouldn't be editing people so their 'stories' can fit. 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, escape said:

But for most of the game, Natalie hasn't down much except ride on James' coat tails.  And to be fair, she uses her femininity  when it's convenient - when she was whining and crying to Victor that she needed to win HOH so she can get a letter from her mother.  Instead of strategizing game play with him.

Good point and better for the storyline, to them, I suppose.  I can see that.  Too bad.  Bridget did play a key role.  

This bodes well for Bridget winning the buyback.  Our hero, against all odds fights her way back and.......to be continued.  Good story arc from a production standpoint.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

They should still give credit where credit is due. Natalie should be included in the mastermind edit on Sunday's episode. It's as simple as that. Just like Paulie's comments about women (all of them) should be shown on Sunday's episode. Production shouldn't be editing people so their 'stories' can fit. 

BB is essentially a silly TV show - where the basic premise is to screw each other over.   They have never been about fairness.

Bridget played a bigger role with the Paulie outing - and Julie acknowledged it.  So, it's not sexist.

Edited by escape
  • Love 2

Regarding the care package, I think it could have a strong emotional impact this time. If Michelle gets it, I think it will upset both Nicole and Paulie and they'll be very worried about how they are being perceived by the public. If Nicole gets it, I could see Michelle thinking that the public hates her and thinking that she's wrong for for going after Paulie/Corey/Nic.  James could be affected by it as well since he is included in the HG's most worried abt public sentiment. 

I'm guessing Nicole will get it since I could see the rest of the voters splitting their votes btwn Bridgette and Michelle. I really don't want Nicole to get it. The last CP -- a $5K bribe doesn't sound that great to me. Not sure how much that would sway someone if they know what they'll get after taxes. They should have made it $10K. 

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I...I feel really bad but I'm rooting for Nicole to get super safety, just so Michelle/Paul/Victor for sure get the last two packages. I'll admit that I'm totally afraid of Nicole getting co-HOH next week and we can't let that happen.

I just don't want Nicole to get any of the care packages lol. But yea the odds are that she's going to get one because sadly the casuals still like her. I'd rather she just get the last one though since it's stupid and she'd know that 4 people are more popular than her.

4 minutes ago, NeelyOh said:

Regarding the care package, I think it could have a strong emotional impact this time. If Michelle gets it, I think it will upset both Nicole and Paulie and they'll be very worried about how they are being perceived by the public. If Nicole gets it, I could see Michelle thinking that the public hates her and thinking that she's wrong for for going after Paulie/Corey/Nic.  James could be affected by it as well since he is included in the HG's most worried abt public sentiment. 

Exactly! Ugh Nicole getting it is going to really suck and potentially fuck the current situation up. Dammit!

ETA: What time do they usually do the care package reveal?

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, NeelyOh said:

I'm guessing Nicole will get it since I could see the rest of the voters splitting their votes btwn Bridgette and Michelle. I really don't want Nicole to get it. The last CP -- a $5K bribe doesn't sound that great to me. Not sure how much that would sway someone if they know what they'll get after taxes. They should have made it $10K. 

Oh no.....no, I didn't think about this. Goddamnit. No, NeelyOh! I was content with living in my Nicole for Safety reasoning! Michelle for the care package, I guess! 

I guess we just need to vote extra hard for Vic/Paul to get co-HOH next week. Like, literally. Get everyone possible to vote for Vic or Paul (preferably Paul, although Vic getting HOH three weeks in a row would be hilarious and a first for the show). 

• Love 1

On the Paulie door thing, apparently Natalie and Michelle both told DR that they were concerned about his aggression and according to Michelle DR said it was 'nothing.' I don't know why I'm surprised since these are the same people who allowed Dick to constantly threaten to rape Jen and burn her with a cigarette and never even gave him a warning about it.

• Love 16

I'm still getting caught up...wow on Vic winning HOH! He and Paul have had their gross moments this season, but if I have to choose them vs Paulie/Corey, no contest.

I also assume Nic will get the care package, which totally sucks. And it will be before noms? But hopefully Vic/Paul will stick to the plan. And I assume James or Nat is the renom if Paulie/Corey win veto? Any chance it would be Michelle?

I was loving the care package over the last couple of weeks, but I wish they would just cancel it this week. Rig away AG!

Edited by CrazyDog
1 minute ago, CrazyDog said:

I also assume Nic will get the care package, which totally sucks. And it will be before noms? But hopefully Vic/Paul will stick to the plan. And I assume James is the renom if Paulie/Corey win veto? Any chance it would be Michelle or Nat? I'd lose it.

It's before noms. If Nicole gets the care package and Victor still noms Paulie/Corey but on of them wins veto I would assume Natalie would be the replacement nom, but she'd be a pawn. But you never know what can happen. We really need Nicole to not win this care package, man!

Most casual viewers don't follow the feeds, and just go by what is on the show.  That's how James got it.  So I would not be at all surprise with Nicole - or even Corey.  Like James, they get pretty decent edits.  The biggest mistake was giving it to Natalie so early, instead of saving it for one of the bigger packages.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Cutty said:

Does anyone know why there's an episode next Friday? I'm seeing people speculate that it's another battle back comp. Julie hasn't mentioned anything so I doubt that.

Most likely it's a jury buy back. Julie didn't say because they don't want to spoil that the rt ticket twist is likely to be a dud.

3 minutes ago, escape said:

The biggest mistake was giving it to Natalie so early, instead of saving it for one of the bigger packages.

Ugh really. The casuals are so stupid!

18 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Oh no.....no, I didn't think about this. Goddamnit. No, NeelyOh! I was content with living in my Nicole for Safety reasoning! Michelle for the care package, I guess! 

I guess we just need to vote extra hard for Vic/Paul to get co-HOH next week. Like, literally. Get everyone possible to vote for Vic or Paul (preferably Paul, although Vic getting HOH three weeks in a row would be hilarious and a first for the show). 

The package comes after the noms so they will stay the same.  They will go through countless mental loops to decipher the care package code.  They many land on "James, save Nicole."  LOL   It really doesn't matter.  They game is rolling and there is no turning back.  They won;t change their course of action now, Paul will see to it that things move forward as planned.  No one can jump ship and survive, even if they wanted to.  All is well.  

Collateral perk, we get a happy Nicole.  Always a good thing. 

Edited by wings707
1 minute ago, wings707 said:

The package comes after the noms so they will stay the same.  They will go through countless mental loops to decipher the care package code.  They many land on "James, save Nicole."  LOL   It really doesn't matter.  They game is rolling and there is no turning back.  They won;t change their course of action now, Paul will see to it that things move forward as planned.  No one can jump ship and survive, even if they wanted to.  All is well.  

Sadly, the package does come before noms, so that the person with safety can't get nominated. I had no worries at all until Neely pointed out that Michelle/James might take Nicole winning the care package to mean that America doesn't like Michelle or thought using it to get Zak out was the wrong move. So...damnit, they would think that, though. They have no idea what we're thinking out here, so it COULD be bad. I wish we could attach a note that says "Don't worry, America's sending Michelle a package next week". Hopefully, if Nicole does get a package, Vic sticks with nominating and getting out Paulie/Corey. Let James and Michelle panic but have them vote Paulie/Corey out. Then, when Michelle gets the better package next week, her and James can calm down.

That's literally the hope I have if Nicole gets the package this week. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:
9 minutes ago, wings707 said:

Sadly, the package does come before noms, so that the person with safety can't get nominated.

SHIT! 

Paul and Victor will reel them in.  I will be counting on them. 

Edited by wings707

Just hopped on and I see that Victor is HOH & Paul has convinced him to take a shot! Phew!! 

Julie did say at the end of last night's episode that they will show everything leading up to last night's events on Sunday's episode. So hopefully they show everything. 

I'm not going to be around this week but I hope when I check in next week either Paulie/Nicole or Corey have for sure left the house! EEK!!! 

Edited by SiobhanJW

Maybe, since America thought that Michelle was going to be in danger if she made it through DE, they voted for her anyway, while knowing Nicole was safe anyway! Maybe that's the hope to cling onto! 

I'm counting on Natalie, Paul, and Victor to keep Michelle and James in check in case Nicole gets it. I think Natalie might be able to calm them both down, or at least Michelle. The one thing about James is that he knows Corey/Paulie just talked about throwing him up. He can't go to their side, knowing that he's their target. He knows he's boned if Michelle/Natalie go. Vic's in power, anyway, so Paul will keep him in check and James can waver all he wants, but he needs to keep his head on straight here. 

I have the feeds on, waiting for that care package to arrive. 

4 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Maybe, since America thought that Michelle was going to be in danger if she made it through DE, they voted for her anyway, while knowing Nicole was safe anyway! Maybe that's the hope to cling onto! 

I'm counting on Natalie, Paul, and Victor to keep Michelle and James in check in case Nicole gets it. I think Natalie might be able to calm them both down, or at least Michelle. The one thing about James is that he knows Corey/Paulie just talked about throwing him up. He can't go to their side, knowing that he's their target. He knows he's boned if Michelle/Natalie go. Vic's in power, anyway, so Paul will keep him in check and James can waver all he wants, but he needs to keep his head on straight here. 

I have the feeds on, waiting for that care package to arrive. 

Yes.  Natalie has been assigned the position of watching Michele.  Cute conversation.  Paul said, do not let her talk to anyone alone!  Paul will keep Victor on track though I don't think that will be necessary.   Paul was a little flipped when Vic asked him, so what do we do, put 2 pawns on the block?  Victor realized in that moment that they had hit the big move point.   He will be fine. 

Natalie will handle James.  He now knows that she loves him and they will get together outside to see if they have a future in RL.  And he wants to get laid.  So there ya have it!  James is cool.  LOL

• Love 3

Okay - after several minutes of half-hearted observation, I can now say with little to no certainty that some combination of hair pulling and genital adjustment has played a part in the development of Paulie's game strategy.  

• Love 4

Paulie's talking to himself in the Nairobi room. He's trying to figure out all the lies and who flipped. He figures Michelle blew up his game by exposing his Z/Corey/Nicole alliance and that's why Paul and Vic are wary of him. Paulie's mostly sitting and thinking at the moment. He's totally panicking. I think he's starting to figure out that he doesn't have the numbers. He also looks like he's very upset and might cry, so I don't think that's an act. He knows he's not only screwed, but he's also disappointed his brother and Derrick.

How funny would it be if Michelle got safety, Vic got co-HOH, and then Nicole got the $5,000 bribe, money that she doesn't even get to keep?

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Why isn't Michelle allowed to talk to anyone alone?  Do they think she will flip, spill secrets, alienate an ally, or all?

She has no filter or solid sense of what is appropriate to say and what to keep to herself.  And she talks in word soup which is annoying.  

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Paulie's talking to himself in the Nairobi room. He's trying to figure out all the lies and who flipped. He figures Michelle blew up his game by exposing his Z/Corey/Nicole alliance and that's why Paul and Vic are wary of him. Paulie's mostly sitting and thinking at the moment. He's totally panicking. I think he's starting to figure out that he doesn't have the numbers. He also looks like he's very upset and might cry, so I don't think that's an act. He knows he's not only screwed, but he's also disappointed his brother and Derrick.

I don't want him thinking...I want him cocky, arrogant, and totally blindsided. I know the odds are low, but I don't want him trying to flip things back with Paul and Vic, at least not until after noms. Ah, OK, good - go back to bed, Paulie.

• Love 1

Paulie has been drunk on power and on a high these past 2 days, more than he has been all season.  It has been quite a crash for him.  I am curious as to how he will act today.    I don't think he will be arrogant or cocky.  Angry, I can see that.  He is looking to blame who did it to him rather than what mistakes he has made.   He thinks Michele did it.  Oh boy.  Natalie you are going to work hard today!

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, CrazyDog said:

I don't want him thinking...I want him cocky, arrogant, and totally blindsided. I know the odds are low, but I don't want him trying to flip things back with Paul and Vic, at least not until after noms. Ah, OK, good - go back to bed, Paulie.

They're not flipping. Paul is adamant on getting Paulie/Corey/Nicole out and he knows this move exposes them completely. He's ready to make that move. Vic is on Paul's side and realizes that he needs to stick with Paul, so he won't flip on this. Vic's aware that Paulie/Corey are not on his side, and that they have the numbers now to do something about it. So yeah, I have no worries about Paul or Vic. If anything, Paul will keep Vic on track. Paul and Natalie have been very adamant about the plan staying as is. Both of them will keep their alliance members focused. 

Paulie doesn't know what to do about this; he still thinks Michelle/Nat are going up. He's going to be sent into a tailspin after he finds out that Paul/Vic are not so cool with everything after all. 

Fish are on. I guess they're getting them all up for the care package reveal and noms are probably going to be shortly after. They won't delay the noms for much longer. Production knows we want to see this. 

Nicole won the care package. Oh...well....

Ok, now we gotta keep an eye on Michelle and James for a little bit.

Oh well, that's not surprising. But that just ups the chance for Michelle to get co-HOH. Natalie/Paul just need to keep Michelle cool, calm and collected for a little bit. And Vic can't put Michelle up as a replacement nom. It has to be James. 

I'm trying to stay positive, alright? I know Michelle's most likely crying in the London room. Hopefully Natalie can cheer her up.

• Love 2

She is so happy!  I have a soft spot for her, I don't hate her.  I am happy for her.  This is going to bug Paulie, too.  First 3 are clearly for favorites.  She needs to know this as does Paulie.  Paulie, No safety for you! again, said in Soup Nazi voice.  

• Love 1
Just now, Lady Calypso said:

Production, please do the nomination ceremony in the next hour. We need the noms to stay on Paulie/Corey NOW. 

They will.  I am not worried about this at all.