Type keyword(s) to search

Season 7: Speculation and Spoilers Discussion

• Start Topic

(edited)
44 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

HBO has another ahhh promo out, and there's a really good look at some of the costumes.

The Stark children in their furs, Arya back to her roots, Brienne has a more northern look to her. I'm half hoping that Hodor being shown in the promo isn't because he's going to be turned into a wight, but I've been expecting it, so who am I kidding. 

They had pretty much everyone in those promos: Dany, Tyrion, Jon, Davos, Arya, Bran, Sansa, Jaime, Cersei, Varys, Theon, Missandei, Sandor, Brienne, and even Hodor. Most of the characters are wearing very dark colours, too.

I think Hodor was shown for the joke that Hodor says "Hodor" instead of "Ahhh," but I could be mistaken.

Brienne does look more northern, doesn't she?

I'd seen her brown leather outfit before courtesy of the filming spoilers, but I love Arya's new cloak. She looks boss.

I would laugh at Tyrion's stripes, but I remembered that a lot of characters wore striped things in the books, so...

Edited by Eyes High
(edited)
40 minutes ago, nikma said:

LF is the only big character that did not appear in the promo.

I believe you're right.

So far the promotional rollout has gone like this:

March 9th: Sigils teaser

March 30th: Long Walk teaser

April 7th: HD versions of HBO promo with S7 costumes

Given previous seasons' timeline for releasing promos, I'd be surprised if we get any new Season 7 footage (other than the quick shots of Jon, Sansa and Arya from the year-end promo) before May.

In past seasons, the trailers have included footage from every single episode of the season, and given the amount of detail in the spoilers we have for Season 7, it may be possible to pinpoint pretty much every clip to a specific episode and point in the story.

Edited by Eyes High
(edited)
3 hours ago, Eyes High said:

They had pretty much everyone in those promos: Dany, Tyrion, Jon, Davos, Arya, Bran, Sansa, Jaime, Cersei, Varys, Theon, Missandei, Sandor, Brienne, and even Hodor. Most of the characters are wearing very dark colours, too.

I think Hodor was shown for the joke that Hodor says "Hodor" instead of "Ahhh," but I could be mistaken.

Brienne does look more northern, doesn't she?

I'd seen her brown leather outfit before courtesy of the filming spoilers, but I love Arya's new cloak. She looks boss.

I would laugh at Tyrion's stripes, but I remembered that a lot of characters wore striped things in the books, so...

It would be sad to see a wight Hodor, but also appropriate .

People say that Arya's clothes have wolves in it ( I can't see it ) and Sansa's has no wolf or blue roses, outside of north colors there is usually a Stark symbol somewhere .

Edited by GrailKing
2 hours ago, GrailKing said:

It would be sad to see a wight Hodor, but also appropriate .

People say that Arya's clothes have wolves in it ( I can't see it ) and Sansa's has no wolf or blue roses, outside of north colors there is usually a Stark symbol somewhere .

They're claiming that the direwolf sigil is embossed in the pattern of her cloak. I don't see it, either.

Sansa is definitely wearing a different (and, as far as I can tell, wolfless) dress. 

While we're talking about Arya, though, someone at Freefolk made an interesting observation: Arya appears to be wearing the same Valyrian steel dagger that the catspaw used to try to kill Bran and to attack Catelyn way back in Season 1. Lads1 claimed that Arya uses that very same dagger to kill Littlefinger in the Season 7 season finale. If true, that would confirm yet another aspect of the leaks.

It does raise a number of questions, though, like how did Arya get her hands on it? I believe that the last time we saw that dagger (outside GOT props exhibitions) was in Season 1, when it was returned to Littlefinger. I could be mistaken, but I don't think Littlefinger has been spotted with that dagger since. Why is it coming back into play now? One meta explanation I can think of is that D&D wanted to give Arya a Valyrian steel weapon of her own.

45 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

It does raise a number of questions, though, like how did Arya get her hands on it? I believe that the last time we saw that dagger (outside GOT props exhibitions) was in Season 1, when it was returned to Littlefinger. I could be mistaken, but I don't think Littlefinger has been spotted with that dagger since. Why is it coming back into play now? One meta explanation I can think of is that D&D wanted to give Arya a Valyrian steel weapon of her own.

It's possible that that's a further use for it, though there's also the more obvious irony of Littlefinger being killed by a weapon he previously lied about to screw the Starks over (and, if the show is going to pin the Bran assassination attempt on him as some have speculated, more than that).

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Eyes High said:

They're claiming that the direwolf sigil is embossed in the pattern of her cloak. I don't see it, either.

Sansa is definitely wearing a different (and, as far as I can tell, wolfless) dress. 

While we're talking about Arya, though, someone at Freefolk made an interesting observation: Arya appears to be wearing the same Valyrian steel dagger that the catspaw used to try to kill Bran and to attack Catelyn way back in Season 1. Lads1 claimed that Arya uses that very same dagger to kill Littlefinger in the Season 7 season finale. If true, that would confirm yet another aspect of the leaks.

Maybe Littelfinger have it just beside Sansa's (season one) letter? Ha! 

Love Arya in her new northern clothes! And Brienne! That was a nice surprise. I wonder if are we going to see her arrival at Winterfell or if she's going to be there already when the season starts? 

• Love 2
(edited)

I think we'll see wolf symbolism in Sansa's and Arya's clothing, when Sansa was in KL one of her dresses had Tully and Stark scales embroidered all in it.anigif_sub-buzz-30170-1491586482-8.gif

I still don't see wolves.

Someone link to a larger gif:

Edited by GrailKing
gif
(edited)
26 minutes ago, OhOkayWhat said:

Sandor has new clothes too. I wonder, where did he get the clothes?

I read in another forum that Sandor's jacket looks similar to Jaime's, so I wonder if the BWB are going to steal or take some soldiers clothes they find in the Riverlands before going north. 

There wasn't that much information of the BWB. I wonder if the WH in episode 6 will be the first episode they appear or if they turn up before that.

Edited by Edith
11 hours ago, SeanC said:

It's possible that that's a further use for it, though there's also the more obvious irony of Littlefinger being killed by a weapon he previously lied about to screw the Starks over (and, if the show is going to pin the Bran assassination attempt on him as some have speculated, more than that).

I think it would be good for the show to pin the Bran assassination attempt on him. but I'm not sure that they'll do that. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Edith said:

There wasn't that much information of the BWB. I wonder if the WH in episode 6 will be the first episode they appear or if they turn up before that.

I am not even sure all of them will appear in both episodes (6 and 7). But maybe they will be part of some episode(s) before episode 6.

10 hours ago, WearyTraveler said:

According to whom? As a book reader, I am still very much interested in his story

I'm not saying that no one likes his storyline, but he is the least liked POV character in the first 3 books. 

(edited)
47 minutes ago, nikma said:

I'm not saying that no one likes his storyline, but he is the least liked POV character in the first 3 books. 

Again, I have to ask, according to whom? Is there a survey, a poll, something out there that lends credence to this wide asseveration?  Sorry, but I have found too many a fan projecting their own views onto everyone else, or deducing that since their opinion, which they discuss and share with like minded people because we tend to gravitate to those that think similarly to us, is the majority's opinion.

So, I sort of need to see a bit more factual evidence to believe grand generalizations such as "he is the least liked POV character in the first 3 books".  IMO, having read a lot of fan forums and such, Theon, Catelyn and even Sansa could be in the running for that title.

ETA: I actually did some research and found this poll done among book readers before the show even started.  
http://www.misterpoll.com/polls/493986/results  

Edited by WearyTraveler
  • Love 5
53 minutes ago, WearyTraveler said:

Again, I have to ask, according to whom? Is there a survey, a poll, something out there that lends credence to this wide asseveration?

Ok. Then according to whom Bran is not the most popular character in the show?  According to whom people are not invested in his storyline in the show? 

22 minutes ago, nikma said:

Ok. Then according to whom Bran is not the most popular character in the show?  According to whom people are not invested in his storyline in the show? 

You can check the poll I posted, which is from more than 1,500 book fans with a pretty accurate distribution and knowledge.

I also went to IMDB and checked out how many facebook likes some characters got.  Here's what I found:

Dany                               570
Tyrion                             357
Jon                                  172
Arya                                155
Ned                                111
Cersei                             102
Jaime                               79
Sansa                               63
Theon                               52
Bran                                  27
Catelyn                             24
Davos                               24
Sam                                  13

But my point is not to say the opposite of what you say is true either because even though I have found some evidence that supports such a conclusion, I know none of it is scientifically kosher, and that means I can't make grand asseverations about these results either.

My point is that nobody knows for sure whether character A or character B are the most liked/hated by TV fans/book readers.  Whatever our own preferences and opinions are (and those of our closest friends), they do not apply to the rest of the population.  And any measurement done online (such as both sets of data I have provided), only represents the portion of the fandom that has access and likes to be involved in internet communications, which, again, does not include the entire population or all the fans by a long, long shot.

Sorry, it just bothers me because that's how these things later become "truth" without them necessarily being so. And they only serve to spark arguments that nobody can win.

(edited)

I understand why that bothers you, but my point was that Bran's reputation is almost the same among the book and the show fans. 

Edited by nikma
16 hours ago, OhOkayWhat said:

Sandor has new clothes too. I wonder, where did he get the clothes?

Well at WOTW they are saying the Lady of Winterfell is working overtime with her needles.

Also someone did a YT review with enlarged pictures and Sansa's leather strap (top one ) has something embossed just above center of the silver circle, most likely a Direwolf.

2 hours ago, GrailKing said:

Well at WOTW they are saying the Lady of Winterfell is working overtime with her needles.

Poor Sansa!. But, actually, as far we know, Sandor and the BWB never reach Winterfell, at least in Season 7.

(edited)
On 4/8/2017 at 6:15 AM, nikma said:

I think it would be good for the show to pin the Bran assassination attempt on [Littlefinger]. but I'm not sure that they'll do that. 

When I found out about Lads1 claiming that the dagger Arya uses to kill Littlefinger is the same one the catspaw used when he attempted to kill Bran, I was excited about the possibility of this reveal, but the more I thought about it, the less sense it made. I'm completely stumped as to why the dagger would come back into play again, unless it has something to do with a dramatic reveal about Littlefinger or D&D just wanted to give Arya a Valyrian steel weapon of her own.

As far as we know, the dagger was last seen sitting on Ned's desk in 1x07. Did Littlefinger reclaim it? Everyone who knows about the Valyrian steel weapon used against Bran is dead, but still, you'd think Littlefinger would know better than to bring the dagger back to Winterfell. TV Littlefinger isn't the sharpest dagger in the drawer, but I find it very hard to believe that he would be that careless.

All we do know about Littlefinger's downfall according to Lads1 is that 1) he attempts to sow discord between the Stark girls by making sure Arya finds the letter Sansa wrote to Robb in Season 1, 2) Sansa sees through his scheme with Bran's help, and 3) Sansa sentences him to be executed, a sentence Arya carries out.

What's not clear is how Bran enlightens Sansa. It's also unclear whether Bran fills Sansa in on some of the other things Littlefinger has done which Sansa didn't know about (using his omniscience), or whether he just tells her about the Arya meddling. It would be a bit hollow if the Arya letter misdirection was the last straw for Sansa and if she sentences him to die without knowing about his more egregious acts against her family. We'll see, I guess.

19 hours ago, OhOkayWhat said:

Poor Sansa!. But, actually, as far we know, Sandor and the BWB never reach Winterfell, at least in Season 7.

Sandor may appear prior to his appearance in 7x06 in the Eastwatch dungeon, but there's no indication of it in the leaks. Lads1 seems to indicate that Sandor doesn't want to go near Winterfell because Brienne is there and he doesn't want a rematch, so I doubt that Sandor and company make a pitstop at Winterfell on the way north.

Edited by Eyes High
(edited)

As you said everyone who knows about the Valyrian steel weapon used against Bran is dead, so maybe LF doesn't think that bringing that dagger to WF is dangerous for him.

What I expect from Bran is to use his powers, so I believe that Sansa will be aware of everything that LF has done, from lord Arnyn's death, Ned's betrayal, his lies to Cat, what he said to Cersei in S5,... And maybe even Bran's assassination attempt.

But I think that the dagger was an invitation for S7, to tie the loose ends, not something they've thought of earlier, because I believe that dagger would then appear more often in a previous seasons. 

In the show version is there anything that suggests that it was impossible for LF to order Bran's assassination?

That reveal would create great confusion in the fandom, because many believe that reveal in ASOS about Joffrey is not true. They would see this as a confirmation, but I think this will be the show invention. If it happens at all. But I think it is a great idea, because it gives LF even more damaging role in the Stark's downfall. 

Edited by nikma

LF could have went back and retrieve the dagger once Ned was out of the way off screen :/

If Sandor does bypass WF, Bran can show Sansa his vision of the throne room where LF said his line since per book Bran gets so powerful he doesn't need a Weirwood he could use any tree, bird, animal to see.

In book I still think Bran connects with Sansa somewhere pass the Bloody Gate in the Vale of Arryn.

Didn't Lad 1 say that Bran explains how LF was manipulating Sansa because she was not in the throne room, so she doesn't know ?

And to be honest though I don't ship them; I like it if Sandor tells Sansa and reconnects to both Stark girls.

1 hour ago, GrailKing said:

LF could have went back and retrieve the dagger once Ned was out of the way off screen :/

Littlefinger definitely still has the dagger in the books.  He took it from Ned in the throne room.

The ASOIAF Wiki claims he has it with him in one of Sansa's ASOS chapters, but I think that's just an assumption because Sansa never refers to it as anything other than a dagger, and she knows what Valyrian steel looks like.  But he should still have it, even if he's not flaunting it.

I think Arya will use that  dagger in S8 in the fight agianst the WW. So Jon, Brienne, Sam, Arya and Jaime will have Valyrian steel weapons in S8. Anyone else? 

1 hour ago, SeanC said:

Littlefinger definitely still has the dagger in the books.  He took it from Ned in the throne room.

The ASOIAF Wiki claims he has it with him in one of Sansa's ASOS chapters, but I think that's just an assumption because Sansa never refers to it as anything other than a dagger, and she knows what Valyrian steel looks like.  But he should still have it, even if he's not flaunting it.

Be honest Seanc, I can't remember in the books.

20 hours ago, nikma said:

What I expect from Bran is to use his powers, so I believe that Sansa will be aware of everything that LF has done, from lord Arnyn's death, Ned's betrayal, his lies to Cat, what he said to Cersei in S5,... And maybe even Bran's assassination attempt.

But I think that the dagger was an invitation for S7, to tie the loose ends, not something they've thought of earlier, because I believe that dagger would then appear more often in a previous seasons. 

In the show version is there anything that suggests that it was impossible for LF to order Bran's assassination?

That reveal would create great confusion in the fandom, because many believe that reveal in ASOS about Joffrey is not true. They would see this as a confirmation, but I think this will be the show invention. If it happens at all. But I think it is a great idea, because it gives LF even more damaging role in the Stark's downfall. 

I think it's pretty much confirmed in the books that Joffrey was responsible for the attempt on Tyrion's life, but the show has shifted blame before to tie up loose ends (blaming Joffrey for the attempt on Tyrion's life at Blackwater, e.g.).

I got all excited about the reintroduction of the dagger in Season 7 when that was first leaked, because I thought that it meant that LF would be blamed for the attempt on Bran's life in the show and that this would be Sansa's final straw, but I'm less sure now. It may just be a way to give Arya a Valyrian steel weapon of her own.

20 hours ago, GrailKing said:

If Sandor does bypass WF, Bran can show Sansa his vision of the throne room where LF said his line since per book Bran gets so powerful he doesn't need a Weirwood he could use any tree, bird, animal to see.

Since Sansa lacks Bran's powers, I don't think he can show her anything in that way. He can tell her what he has seen, though. Bran could have a vision about all things LF (done with flashbacks) and then the next scene he could find Sansa and tell her everything he knows. Given the magnitude of LF's crimes against Sansa and her family and the amount of time it would take to explain it all, that conversation may even happen off-screen, with a newly informed Sansa storming off afterwards to have Littlefinger executed.

Bran has a flashback supercut vision of everything LF has done, Sansa asks him what he saw, Bran says she's not going to like it, Sansa insists he tell her, cut to Sansa angrily asking for Littlefinger. According to the leaks (can't remember if it's Lads1 or Lads2), Bran knows about Sansa having been raped without needing to be told, so maybe that will convince Sansa of Bran's powers and lay the groundwork for her trusting his word about what he saw Littlefinger do.

If Sansa does have LF executed at Winterfell by Arya with everyone watching as Lads2 claimed, presumably she's going to have to give a reason, at which point we would find out what Bran saw (if there were no flashback visions) or what he told Sansa (if that conversation happened off-screen). If indeed the show does pin the assassination attempt on LF, I'm guessing Bran's explanation of that would be shown, to refresh the audience's memory.

19 hours ago, nikma said:

I think Arya will use that  dagger in S8 in the fight agianst the WW. So Jon, Brienne, Sam, Arya and Jaime will have Valyrian steel weapons in S8. Anyone else? 

I agree. I'm not convinced the reintroduction of the dagger is anything more than a way for D&D to give Arya a cool Valyrian steel weapon of her own, since such weapons are in pretty short supply, and since the existing swords are too big for her to handle.

Edited by Eyes High
2 hours ago, Eyes High said:

Since Sansa lacks Bran's powers, I don't think he can show her anything in that way.

I tend to think a bit different, between Sandor and Sansa at BBWB and her loosing time in the Eyrie waking up building WF, I think she's a light empath.

I think Bran reached her in the Eyrie and I think she got into Sandor's head not in a warg /skin changer way but as an empath and she interpret the response incorrectly.

I have absolutely no proof of this, but if as GRRM wrote about the Starks wolves spirits enter the kids, then Sansa may have a touch.

2 minutes ago, GrailKing said:

I tend to think a bit different, between Sandor and Sansa at BBWB and her loosing time in the Eyrie waking up building WF, I think she's a light empath.

I think Bran reached her in the Eyrie and I think she got into Sandor's head not in a warg /skin changer way but as an empath and she interpret the response incorrectly.

I have absolutely no proof of this, but if as GRRM wrote about the Starks wolves spirits enter the kids, then Sansa may have a touch.

I'm skeptical.

ASOIAF doesn't have empaths, light or otherwise. ASOIAF has wargs or skinchangers, people who can project their consciousnesses into other animals, and greenseers, a tiny subset of wargs (1/1,000 wargs are greenseers) who have prophetic dreams or greensight. Only the latter can see through the weirwoods and go mucking around in the past as Bran can.  

GRRM has said that Sansa was born a warg like the other Starks, but that doesn't endow her with "empathy." It gives her, rather, a pretty limited skillset: projecting her consciousness into other animals. Sansa didn't warg Sandor. We know in ADWD how non-Hodors usually take it when their bodies are taken over (not well). Also, Sansa didn't even warg Lady when she had her. GRRM has always been pretty clear when the Stark kids have warged. There's nothing to indicate that Sansa ever has. The other Stark kids have used their direwolves to develop their warging abilities, so while Sansa may have been born with the warging ability, her ability to develop those skills may have ended with Lady.

Nor is there any suggestion in the books that Sansa has any visionary abilities which would allow her to navigate the past as Bran does. Like the other non-mystical characters, her dreams reflect her anxieties and her traumas (her fear of being executed, her fear of being murdered during the riot), rather than Bran's highly symbolic, prophetic dreams.

Lastly, in the show, D&D have reserved all mystical powers for Bran, depriving even Arya and Jon of their book warging, and like the other Stark kids, there has been no suggestion that TV Sansa has any mystical abilities whatsoever. Warging and greensight are Bran's "thing" in the show. Bran can't bring Sansa into his visions, because she lacks Bloodraven and Bran's ability. He can tell her about his visions, though, which is what I expect he will do.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

Lastly, in the show, D&D have reserved all mystical powers for Bran, depriving even Arya and Jon of their book warging, and like the other Stark kids, there has been no suggestion that TV Sansa has any mystical abilities whatsoever. Warging and greensight are Bran's "thing" in the show. Bran can't bring Sansa into his visions, because she lacks Bloodraven and Bran's ability. He can tell her about his visions, though, which is what I expect he will do.

As far as the show goes, they can have Bran's powers work however they want, so if they decided he can take other people into his visions, or transmit them into other people's minds, that could happen, even if greenseers can't do that in the books.  I could theoretically also imagine that being useful when it comes to future issues like convincing people of Jon's parentage.

Now, will they?  No idea.  

1 hour ago, Eyes High said:

I'm skeptical.

ASOIAF doesn't have empaths, light or otherwise. ASOIAF has wargs or skinchangers, people who can project their consciousnesses into other animals, and greenseers, a tiny subset of wargs (1/1,000 wargs are greenseers) who have prophetic dreams or greensight. Only the latter can see through the weirwoods and go mucking around in the past as Bran can.  

GRRM has said that Sansa was born a warg like the other Starks, but that doesn't endow her with "empathy." It gives her, rather, a pretty limited skillset: projecting her consciousness into other animals. Sansa didn't warg Sandor. We know in ADWD how non-Hodors usually take it when their bodies are taken over (not well). Also, Sansa didn't even warg Lady when she had her. GRRM has always been pretty clear when the Stark kids have warged. There's nothing to indicate that Sansa ever has. The other Stark kids have used their direwolves to develop their warging abilities, so while Sansa may have been born with the warging ability, her ability to develop those skills may have ended with Lady.

Nor is there any suggestion in the books that Sansa has any visionary abilities which would allow her to navigate the past as Bran does. Like the other non-mystical characters, her dreams reflect her anxieties and her traumas (her fear of being executed, her fear of being murdered during the riot), rather than Bran's highly symbolic, prophetic dreams.

I'm just talking book for this point, and a really,really weak warg would be an empath, can't control but can pick up things.

As you say we don't know.

18 hours ago, Eyes High said:

I got all excited about the reintroduction of the dagger in Season 7 when that was first leaked, because I thought that it meant that LF would be blamed for the attempt on Bran's life in the show and that this would be Sansa's final straw, but I'm less sure now. It may just be a way to give Arya a Valyrian steel weapon of her own.

It can be both.

18 hours ago, Edith said:

http://watchersonthewall.com/mark-gatiss-confirms-return-game-thrones-season-7/

Mark Gatiss (the Iron Bank) is going to appear in two episodes in the middle of season 7 and maybe in season 8 too? 

I was sure that he will be part of S8, but two episodes in S8 is more that I expected. 

Since D&D are trying to tie all loose ends (so many characters reappeared in S6, even Benjen, we will have Gendry in s7, the LF's dagger, Iron Bank,..)do you think we will ever see Illyrio again? Not in some big role, but just to tie the loose end  in the last episode or something like that (at Jon's coronation or some other big scene at the end). 

6 hours ago, nikma said:

I was sure that he will be part of S8, but two episodes in S8 is more that I expected. 

Since D&D are trying to tie all loose ends (so many characters reappeared in S6, even Benjen, we will have Gendry in s7, the LF's dagger, Iron Bank,..)do you think we will ever see Illyrio again? Not in some big role, but just to tie the loose end  in the last episode or something like that (at Jon's coronation or some other big scene at the end). 

One Season 8 episode I could have expected, sure, but two?

If I had to guess, the first one is where the Iron Bank rep refuses to give Cersei any more rope and calls in the debt, and the second is the Iron Bank rep showing up in the series finale to make the endgame king/queen's life miserable.

It would be nice to see Illyrio again, but I think the show has pretty much forgotten he ever existed. 

9 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

One Season 8 episode I could have expected, sure, but two?

If I had to guess, the first one is where the Iron Bank rep refuses to give Cersei any more rope and calls in the debt, and the second is the Iron Bank rep showing up in the series finale to make the endgame king/queen's life miserable.

It would be nice to see Illyrio again, but I think the show has pretty much forgotten he ever existed. 

But he's going to appear in two episodes this season according to Sue. She's speculating, thanks to the actor himself, that he's going to be part of two more episodes in season 8. But I agree that one of those episodes is the Iron Bank appearing to the endgame King/Queen 

• Love 1

HBO's been posting show-specific "Ahhh" promos today on HBO's Youtube channel. So far, there are "Ahhh" promos for Silicon Valley, Veep, and Ballers. I wouldn't be surprised if a GOT promo went up soon, too.

2 hours ago, Eyes High said:

HBO's been posting show-specific "Ahhh" promos today on HBO's Youtube channel. So far, there are "Ahhh" promos for Silicon Valley, Veep, and Ballers. I wouldn't be surprised if a GOT promo went up soon, too.

Clearly somebody in the marketing department really fell in love with this idea.

1 hour ago, SeanC said:

Clearly somebody in the marketing department really fell in love with this idea.

Well, as long as someone likes it. I like getting some costume previews, though.

I'm really hoping we get a full-blown trailer in May, but maybe that's too much to hope for.

But he's going to appear in two episodes this season according to Sue. She's speculating, thanks to the actor himself, that he's going to be part of two more episodes in season 8. But I agree that one of those episodes is the Iron Bank appearing to the endgame King/Queen 

I'm actually really happy about his reappearance as the altercation between the Iron Bank and Cersei, during AFFC is one of my favorite little scenes in that book.  Noho listing his many grievances and demanding a solution to the Iron Throne's debt and Cersei basically saying "I won't pay, take me to court." honestly had me cracking up.

I'm just relieved that the final season is clearly not going to be Pure Sci-Fi Sword and Sorcery nonsense.  I became a fan of this franchise because of the courtly intrigue, ice-zombies and the rest of the dungeons and dragons aspects are just parts I tolerate.

Just hate spoilers.....

Topping last season’s meeting of Daenerys and Tyrion, someone else is being recruited to Team Dany as her and Jon form a (originally) uneasy alliance. When the two meet, the King in the North refuses to bend the knee, and Daenerys won’t to listen to Jon’s tall tales about White Walkers. He decides that the only way to prove the existence of the snowy menace is to bring one home. He creates a Suicide Squad of himself, The Hound, Beric, Thoros, Tormund, Jorah, and Gendry to capture a Wight. Oh, and those who are shipping a romp between the breaker of chains and Westeros’s baddest bastard, they get down and dirty at the end of the season on a romantic boat trip. 

Source: Game of Thrones Season 7

On 4/4/2017 at 5:50 PM, YaddaYadda said:

Do they care about geography though?

Since news of the battle at Winterfell is supposed to spread "quickly", maybe Arya finds out what happened back home and decides she wants to reunite with her family?

ETA - @Edith beat my by like a second. 

I'm more than a casual fan of this show and honestly, I didn't pay so close attention to show geography that I would remember the inn is south of the Twins. I would assume most show fans who watch casually don't know (or care) either. 

I think it's likely Arya has multiple motivations, but when she left the House of B&W she said "A girl is Arya Stark and I'm going home." I speculate that killing Cersei is secondary to going back to Winterfell at this point. 

On 4/13/2017 at 3:16 PM, Advance35 said:

I'm actually really happy about his reappearance as the altercation between the Iron Bank and Cersei, during AFFC is one of my favorite little scenes in that book.  Noho listing his many grievances and demanding a solution to the Iron Throne's debt and Cersei basically saying "I won't pay, take me to court." honestly had me cracking up.

I'm just relieved that the final season is clearly not going to be Pure Sci-Fi Sword and Sorcery nonsense.  I became a fan of this franchise because of the courtly intrigue, ice-zombies and the rest of the dungeons and dragons aspects are just parts I tolerate.

Agree completely, and that is why the show has never been the same for me since the death of Tywin.

MakingGameofThrones.com posted new Season 7 stills!

Are we to assume they're mostly from 7x01? Looks like some of them are from the big Winterfell powwow that happens in the first episode. A few seasons ago, someone figured out the episode number from the metadata of the pictures, but I don't think they can do that here.

Other pics that jumped out at me: Sandor in a snowstorm, Jon in the Winterfell crypts, Tormund and Brienne interacting. 

Edited by Eyes High

Other than the Hound, they could all be from 701, though I think from experience there's usually a bit more of a mix.  I was wondering if the Sansa/LF one on the battlements is connected to the Jon promo shot where he's clearly talking to Sansa on the battlements, but there'll presumably be a lot of scenes set there now that Winterfell is a regular location again.

I hope that photo of Gilly is from the scene where she casually reads about Rhaegar's new marriage.

Is Sansa already wearing her needle necklace in the Littlefinger photo?

52 minutes ago, Eyes High said:

MakingGameofThrones.com posted new Season 7 stills!

Are we to assume they're mostly from 7x01? Looks like some of them are from the big Winterfell powwow that happens in the first episode. A few seasons ago, someone figured out the episode number from the metadata of the pictures, but I don't think they can do that here.

Other pics that jumped out at me: Sandor in a snowstorm, Jon in the Winterfell crypts, Tormund and Brienne interacting. 

Is Arya in a tavern/Inn or is that the Twins hall?

A transcript from Gilly's picture:

"...(he) who fought against it (with a red sword ?). His deeds are (???) have been performed by the (???) of Valyria in the (???) age when Old (Gods ?) ... his legend has (endured ?) ... (Asshai ?), and the (priests ?) of the Lord of Light claim that this hero was named Azor Ahai and prophecy his return. In the Jade Compendium ... a legend from Yi Ti ..." 

Apparently is from The World of Ice and Fire: 

It is also written that there are annals in Asshai of such a darkness, and of a hero who fought against it with a red sword. His deeds are said to have been performed before the rise of Valyria, in the earliest age when Old Ghis was first forming its empire. This legend has spread west from Asshai, and the followers of R'hllor claim that this hero was named Azor Ahai, and prophesy his return. In the Jade Compendium, Colloquo Votar recounts a curious legend from Yi Ti, which states that the sun hid its face from the earth for a lifetime, ashamed at something none could discover, and that disaster was averted only by the deeds of a woman with a monkey's tail. - TWOIAF Ancient History: The Long Night

https://www.reddit.com/r/freefolk/comments/66jma0/what_is_gilly_reading_wink_wink/

Edited by Edith
  • Love 1