Type keyword(s) to search

Death In Paradise - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Wasn't Neville flying to Dominica?  This is IMDB's blurb for episode 8 (last of the season)

"S13.E8 ∙ Episode #13.8

It's the team's most confounding puzzle yet when a passenger disappears from a flight to Dominica, only to be found back in Saint Marie -murdered."

This better not be a repeat of the Richard Poole thing... Grrrrr.

• Like 2

Just rewatching s02e06 and had a small shock when I recognised the voice of one certain Mr. Little playing one of the suspects, Will from Manchester. Probably I saw someone mention it before, but had completely forgotten so it was a nice surprise. Especially with the timing!

• Like 2

I am sad that Neville is leaving and I'm confused about why.  I have shipped people on this show but I never got into Neville and Florence.  That said, I was surprisingly emotional during their scenes, including his initial rejection of her.

• Like 6

Well Neville has been my least favorite DI, so not sorry to see him move on.  Among the rumours for the next DI is Simon Bird, and that sounds good to me.

And what about Naomi (DS Thomas)?  I like her just fine, but has she every been given a backstory or anything to do beyond support?

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Height-Nonchalance said:

Well Neville has been my least favorite DI, so not sorry to see him move on.  Among the rumours for the next DI is Simon Bird, and that sounds good to me.

And what about Naomi (DS Thomas)?  I like her just fine, but has she every been given a backstory or anything to do beyond support?

I liked them all. It is kind of like Doctor Who, the new one comes in and it is all like "he isn't so and so", but after a while you warm to them and appreciate them. He really grew through out the series. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
On 4/8/2024 at 10:08 PM, libgirl2 said:

I liked them all. It is kind of like Doctor Who, the new one comes in and it is all like "he isn't so and so", but after a while you warm to them and appreciate them. He really grew through out the series. 

Yes, very much so. I was neutral on Neville in the beginning but now I think he ended up my favourite. I’m also noticing through my rewatch that I’m much more forgiving of characters that I initially didn’t enjoy at all (hello Ruby, you’re not so bad after all!).

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, rhiamon said:

that I’m much more forgiving of characters that I initially didn’t enjoy at all (hello Ruby, you’re not so bad after all!).

Yes, I was surprised at how much I liked Ruby after the first showing. Some of the characters that I did not warm up to are Madeline and Marlon. Madeline because she just doesn't have more of a personality and Marlon because of Ruby, really, there was an ep where Ruby might have been 'fired' because of some really minor infraction in her record and only stayed because of her relation to the Commissioner whereas Marlon had actual crimes in his record and yet got to be a police officer with even JP (the one that was going to snitch on Ruby) lying for him. Oh, also can not stand Neville's sister, rewatchings of her just make me hate her more!

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, dgpolo said:

Yes, I was surprised at how much I liked Ruby after the first showing. Some of the characters that I did not warm up to are Madeline and Marlon. Madeline because she just doesn't have more of a personality and Marlon because of Ruby, really, there was an ep where Ruby might have been 'fired' because of some really minor infraction in her record and only stayed because of her relation to the Commissioner whereas Marlon had actual crimes in his record and yet got to be a police officer with even JP (the one that was going to snitch on Ruby) lying for him. Oh, also can not stand Neville's sister, rewatchings of her just make me hate her more!

I never warmed to Madeline, she was so bland. I didn't mind Marlon but I preferred JP and Ruby. And Fidel too. 

• Like 4
5 hours ago, dgpolo said:

Some of the characters that I did not warm up to are Madeline and Marlon. Madeline because she just doesn't have more of a personality

Wow, I don’t even remember Madeline at the moment! I’m intrigued to catch up to that character again, she must really be quite bland indeed for me to have forgotten all about her.

In today’s little rewatch game of spot-the-returning-actor, I enjoyed realising that the murder victim in S07E05 was played by Zahra Ahmadi - now back from beyond to become DS Williams in Beyond Paradise.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, rhiamon said:

Wow, I don’t even remember Madeline at the moment! I’m intrigued to catch up to that character again, she must really be quite bland indeed for me to have forgotten all about her.

In today’s little rewatch game of spot-the-returning-actor, I enjoyed realising that the murder victim in S07E05 was played by Zahra Ahmadi - now back from beyond to become DS Williams in Beyond Paradise.

Madeline was not memorable. 

I like playing spot the returning actor. Or even, where do I know this person from? I had a trifecta with Neil Morrissey, DIP, Good Karma Hospital and then I just saw him on Chelsea Detective. 

• Like 1
On 4/11/2024 at 3:30 PM, rhiamon said:

I don't think the show ever gave her much of a chance.  She had the tough job of replacing Florence midway through Season 8.  Then, in Season 9, Jack left and Neville came so a lot of the development energy was spent on the lead DI exit and entrance arcs. 

I thought she and Neville were just starting to develop a good rapport but they brought back Florence instead.  I think the show should have given Madeline at least another season, especially since Florence left again. 

• Like 4
(edited)
On 5/2/2024 at 11:19 AM, libgirl2 said:

We have a new DI! I'm really excited for this. I'm not familiar with the actor but it sounds great! 

ETA, I looked up his filmography and know him from one of my favorite shows. 

Same! I've always liked this actor, and I'm keen to see him as the new DI.

Edited by wanderingstar
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

Watching season 3 ep 2.  Yes lexi could be intolerable.  But it was suziet’s job to get them beverages and didn’t get it right.   She literally had 1 job.  Which is How Humphry figured out the relationship .   But I would be pissed too if the person who was supposed to get me beverages couldn’t remember tea milk 2 sugars   And wouldn’t write it down