Type keyword(s) to search

S31.E10: The Hits Keep Coming/The S#!% They Should've Shown

• Start Topic

(edited)

After a wild night, Dylan and Jenna must figure out the next step in their budding relationship.  Sabrina and Jenna debut their new song, and an epic meltdown by on roommate leads to a physical fight with Ceejai.

The roommates comment on footage never seen before and life behind the scenes of Real World.

Edited by OnceSane

I always wish they would show the stuff from The Shit They Should Have Shown in the episodes, but I don't think I've wanted it so badly before this season.  There were definitely parts that brought out new unlikable stuff about the cast.  Overall, I kind of enjoyed it.  If they had dedicated five minutes of every episode to the cast falling down, this season would be better.

Jenna is terrible, but it is really disingenuous to act all shocked and hurt that the drunk girl that the cast has been shown to be bullying all the time shoved someone that was picking a fight with her.  Ceejai constantly comes off really fake to me.

• Love 3

Jenna is desperate for attention and compliments.  As soon as Dylan pulled the rug out from under her, she got even more needy.

But that's not something you'd mock people for, like the way you'd mock Kailah for boasting about her golden pussy.  They seemed to be laughing at Jenna or ignoring her in that fort when she was feeling crappy.

Young women who show vulnerability on these shows never come off looking well.

• Love 3
(edited)
31 minutes ago, scrb said:

Jenna is desperate for attention and compliments.  As soon as Dylan pulled the rug out from under her, she got even more needy.

But that's not something you'd mock people for, like the way you'd mock Kailah for boasting about her golden pussy.  They seemed to be laughing at Jenna or ignoring her in that fort when she was feeling crappy.

Young women who show vulnerability on these shows never come off looking well.

I have no idea what either of them were thinking.  I get very nervous with people who blame others for their behavior.  Jenna never kissed Dylan, he kissed her...its CeeJai's fault that a man danced on Jenna...etc, etc.  I also don't particularly think its cool that she was boasting about how she was in Twilight because Dylan is in love with her.  The arrogance just doesn't stop, and I think its part of the reason that no one really has much pity for her.  She was pretty much bragging about how much Dylan loves her, and rubbing their faces in it...and stringing him along.  Its hard to feel bad for her when the tables turned.

As for Dylan -- I have to think that this "showmance" was primarily pushed by production.  And  I can't blame Dylan for taking a big step back.....it starts sounding like you don't have proper consent when someone "can't remember" doing something with you....and sadly, given Jenna's history of not wanting to take responsibility for her own actions I think things could have ended poorly had Dylan taken her up on her offer.  But, I don't like guys that take advantage of a woman's neediness and vulnerability.  He basically seemed to say "if you don't want to be with me, I'm completely done with you"  Which is understandable because I think Jenna is the very worst, but at the same time its just so manipulative.  He knows he is her only friend in the house, so for him to use that to try to get sex just is kinda gross.

Jenna made her bed, and now she is sleeping in it.  She has pretty much alienated everyone in the house at this point, so they don't like her.  I just wonder why she didn't get upset with Dionne who I thought was being much meaner than CeeJai.  

Edited by RCharter
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, RCharter said:

Jenna made her bed, and now she is sleeping in it.  She has pretty much alienated everyone in the house at this point, so they don't like her.  I just wonder why she didn't get upset with Dionne who I thought was being much meaner than CeeJai.  

I think we all know the answer to that question.  The same reason she didn't get as upset at Chris getting in her face as she did with Dean.  When a black person does something to her it is so much worse or more offensive than when a white person does it.  

• Love 5

Man, this whole shitty season has been worth sitting through just to watch that 10 second footage of Jenna making a fool of herself and getting flung around like a rag doll after being the one to initiate the physical altercation. She literally bumped her head on the coffee table or chair or whatever it was she was clinging to. Hilarious. Ceejai handled the whole situation really well, so good for her. 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, snarts said:

I really don't like Ceejai but she did an good job of handling herself after Jenna came after her.  From the previews, does Jenna run at her again??

where did you see that preview?  The only clip I can find for next weeks show is with Dylan and Jenna.  I'm disappointed they let Jenna stay in the house since she was the first one to get physical.

• Love 1

I'll start with the good - I actually liked Sabrina and Jenna's song. I was surprised. Actually as the season goes on I'm liking Sabrina more and more. She seems like she's having fun with the experience and not just the drunk-drama-drink more-drama more. I thought the scene of them making the fort was really cute. It kinda sucked later when Jenna was upset and everyone else was having fun, but my thinking is they had no idea the drahhhma that was about to walk into the door. The fort-makers were kind of enjoying their inner child moment before things all went bad.

Now Jenna... OMG any shred of me trying to feel for her, see her side, etc. is gone. So when Dean gets a little loud with her she's freaking out about being slammed into a wall, but then when someone else is mauling her (in fun, but still) on the couch she thinks it's totally fine to jokingly shout "abuse! abuse! abuse!"  WTF Jenna.

I also love how she seems to think the decision regarding Dylan is 100% hers. Guess what?  Two people are involved. Jenna just because you decide that now you want him again doesn't mean he wants you the way he did. He has no obligations to you other than whatever's required on the show. I do think he was a little cold, but it also seemed like that was the only thing that was going to work once she told him that she wanted Austin the first time. She strikes me as one of those people you probably have to block her number from calling or texting after a few days. She didn't want him, he said okay fine and moved on and she was just so sure it was a game to get her back somehow, like they were still in some sort of new relationship.  Um nope, you ended that, he took you at your word Jenna. The situation's guaranteed to be awkward since they still live together and he didn't necessarily have to flaunt it in her face, but she certainly didn't have any rights to him, claim to him, or whatever she thought was going on when she flipped out on the girl at the club.

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, NikSac said:

I also love how she seems to think the decision regarding Dylan is 100% hers. Guess what?  Two people are involved. Jenna just because you decide that now you want him again doesn't mean he wants you the way he did. He has no obligations to you other than whatever's required on the show. I do think he was a little cold, but it also seemed like that was the only thing that was going to work once she told him that she wanted Austin the first time. She strikes me as one of those people you probably have to block her number from calling or texting after a few days. She didn't want him, he said okay fine and moved on and she was just so sure it was a game to get her back somehow, like they were still in some sort of new relationship.  Um nope, you ended that, he took you at your word Jenna. The situation's guaranteed to be awkward since they still live together and he didn't necessarily have to flaunt it in her face, but she certainly didn't have any rights to him, claim to him, or whatever she thought was going on when she flipped out on the girl at the club.

It just strikes me that they both were playing games.  Jenna just wanted to be the center of attention and have the "hot" guy like her so she could increase her profile in the house and rub it in the faces of her roommates.  Because you don't need to go around telling everyone how much this guy says he "loves you" when you aren't returning his feelings.  And she wanted to hold his attention by making herself unavailable.  Unfortunately for her, she pushed it a bit too far, and I can't blame Dylan for pushing away from her after she claimed she "couldn't remember" making out with him.  For better or worse, this is a whole new world for young men when it comes to sex.  More, and more men are being taught that they must verbally get consent, and it has to be very explicit.  Of course this has always been the way its been, legally, but its become more of an issue as date rape on college campuses comes to light.  You can't get consent from someone who is so drunk that they "don't remember," and who knows what Jenna would have said had they slept together.  Would she have made another argument that made it sound like Dylan didn't really get consent?  

But ultimately, Jenna's arrogance, constantly rubbing it in everyones face, and basically making Dylan sound like a lovesick puppy while stringing him along was such an asshole move that I thought she got what she deserved when the tables were turned.

And I also just don't like Jenna's tone with people....its just a little too bossy.  "You have to pay more attention to me."  No....sweetheart, he really doesn't have to do anything...if you behaved in a way that made him want to pay attention to you, he would.

Dylan was also playing games.  If he really wanted to be Jenna's friend, and found her an interesting conversationalist with a stimulating wit he wouldn't just stop talking to her because she didn't want to have sex with him.  He would have held to his word and been okay with a friendship.  But, he could also be super scared of being accused of some sort of date rape deal and just wants to keep his distance.  But he just went from super hot and like ice cold, and if you really want to be someone's friend, it doesn't have to be that way once they turn you down romantically. 

• Love 5

Maybe Dylan liked her when Jenna resisted because she had a boyfriend back home and that just made him want her more.

Then she finally said she wants him and that is when Dylan was like "hold on," which made her a little desperate, since she just told her bf to get lost.

And her appearing more desperate drove him away even more.

They might not have been playing games consciously but the results would be the same either way.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, scrb said:

Maybe Dylan liked her when Jenna resisted because she had a boyfriend back home and that just made him want her more.

Then she finally said she wants him and that is when Dylan was like "hold on," which made her a little desperate, since she just told her bf to get lost.

And her appearing more desperate drove him away even more.

They might not have been playing games consciously but the results would be the same either way.

I would agree with that, except that Dylan distanced himself from Jenna before she sent Austin that email.  And I think she broke up with Austin out of desperation, because Dylan was ignoring her and she thought she had to get intimate with him in order to keep his attention.  But I think at that point, it was just too late.

I can agree that Dylan seemed to like the thrill of the chase, but I think he was really put off when Jenna said that she couldn't remember making out with him.  He finally gave her an ultimatum and she said she couldn't do it and he seemed to be done.  She pushed the game too far....she wanted to be in some Twilight love triangle, and now she probably lost them both.  

But, I think Jenna has been playing a game from the start, she pretty much demanded he break up with his girlfriend...which he did -- and she continued to string him along and tell everyone that he was "so in love" with her.  

• Love 4
(edited)

Oh I fully agree they were both playing games. I think it just truly never even occurred to Jenna that the choice to pursue this relationship or not could be anything but 100% hers because he was soooo in love with her and of COURSE he wanted her, no matter what. The whole thing was all about her - how he made her feel, he made her time in the house better, he was hot and she liked being with a hot guy, he "got" her and no one else did, every action of his was to get her/get her back, blah blah blah. Nothing about him other than how he made her feel.

I even think he might've gone along with the friendship and conversation thing awhile longer if he thought there was eventually relationship potential with her. Once she said there wasn't, he <gasp> believed her. I don't think it ever occurred to her that could happen since everything was about her, she could change her mind every 5 minutes if she wanted. Him immediately going after other girls in front of her was sort of the in-person equivalent of what people do on Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram etc. these days showing themselves all smiley and happy on a date with some hot new person after a breakup. Yes it's game playing, but I didn't really blame him.

Not to mention that screaming "Boooyyyeeee GET OVER HERE!" would probably grate on just about anyone's nerves although I suppose they could chalk that one up to drunkenness.

Edited by NikSac
  • Love 3

Jenna is exasperating. There's no other word for her. She's a trainwreck of a human being, and she's hard to watch. Once again, I'd take her over Dione, but that isn't saying much. What wouldn't he do to stay in the house?

I laughed harder than I should have watching the scary clown chase Ceejai. Clown was determined.

• Love 5

I rewound the take down a few times. I liked when ceejai was pummeling her and muttered something like, "I've been waiting for this."

I was surprised on the aftershow, how stern the producer was with Dionne for flapping his weiner around. You'd think they'd applaud that kind of silliness.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, butterbody said:

I was surprised on the aftershow, how stern the producer was with Dionne for flapping his weiner around. You'd think they'd applaud that kind of silliness.

Dione is like a little kid.  If you let him think it's funny once, he'll be flapping his weiner all the time expecting laughs.

I think they'd be fine with unplanned or drunken flapping weiners.  I think it's different when he's doing it to irritate the crew and force everyone watching the footage to see it.  They've seen the cast's nude bodies from every angle, so it's the commentary about messing with the crew that they didn't appreciate.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Hiacios said:

It got me how Ceejai played stupid after Jenna came up to her and shoved her, like her big ass mouth didn't do anything to deserve it. lol.

So Jenna is not responsible for putting her hands on another person.  LOL.  

And Jenna was  being drunk and obnoxious and totally annoying...and deserved having Ceejai and Dionne telling her to shut up and go to bed.  She was embarrassing herself while the rest of the roommates were having a good time.  And she kept calling Dylan BOY in a really demeaning way.  

But sure, Jenna shoving Ceejai is something she deserved.  

Amazing.

• Love 6

I finally watched the Shit They Should've Shown.  One, clowns are terrifying.  Always.  Two.  That clown that chased Ceejai is gonna be in my nightmares forever.  

That Wah dance of Sabrina's???  Wow.  If I didn't know...I'd think she was having a seizure.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, shelley1005 said:

So Jenna is not responsible for putting her hands on another person.  LOL.  

And Jenna was  being drunk and obnoxious and totally annoying...and deserved having Ceejai and Dionne telling her to shut up and go to bed.  She was embarrassing herself while the rest of the roommates were having a good time.  And she kept calling Dylan BOY in a really demeaning way.  

But sure, Jenna shoving Ceejai is something she deserved.  

Amazing.

Jenna can't be fully responsible for shoving Ceejai because she was drunk. Ceejai and Dionne have both came back to the house drunk and become super annoying so they can take that self righteous shit and shove it (pun intended). Also, if Jenna was yelling bi#ch at Ceejai over and over again like Ceejai did to her, I know that Ceejai (drunk or not drunk) would react way worse then how Jenna reacted to that because that girl has anger issues.

1 hour ago, Hiacios said:

Jenna can't be fully responsible for shoving Ceejai because she was drunk. Ceejai and Dionne have both came back to the house drunk and become super annoying so they can take that self righteous shit and shove it (pun intended). Also, if Jenna was yelling bi#ch at Ceejai over and over again like Ceejai did to her, I know that Ceejai (drunk or not drunk) would react way worse then how Jenna reacted to that because that girl has anger issues.

Jenna can't be responsible for her own actions?  Is Jenna mentally deficient?  Is she a child?  I mean, she appears to have the mental capacity of a handicapped child, but as far as I know she is a functioning human adult.  And as a functioning human adult she is responsible for her own actions.  Jenna is responsible for her behavior even when drunk.

Beyond that, both CeeJai and Dionne were drunk....but somehow only Jenna gets a pass for her violent behavior because she was drunk?

You can have no idea how CeeJai would react or not react, because CeeJai has not taken to resorting to violence in response to Jenna's ridiculous and offensive commentary.  The ONLY person who has shown a problem with anger is Jenna, who doesn't know how to use her words.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Hiacios said:

Being drunk doesn't make it so she is not responsible for any and all of her behavior.  That's not how it works.  Jenna's anger issues is what we saw on full display.  

And if that was the case then wouldn't Ceejai also be immune from the blame you were throwing at her?  

Or is it a white person only excuse?  

Jenna started it and she's lucky that Ceejai didn't request a vote or she'd be out on her butt.  

• Love 6

Ceejai reacted to someone else putting their hands on her.  

Jenna took it upon herself to charge at another housemate and smack them.  While Ceejai is a larger person...it doesn't mean that she doesn't have the right to defend herself.

Jenna is also the one who has said (along with her mother) that if people keep talking about her racism and homophobia that she is going to beat their ass and show them what being southern is.  She also said how much she was going to beat Kailah because she wrongly assumed she leaked the info about her racism and homophbia to the interwebs.  I haven't heard Ceejai saying how much she is going to beat people.

Jenna is the violent person if we are comparing.  And watching the clips for next week....looks like violent Jenna is looking for more violence...and it sounded like Ceejai was trying to rise above.  

• Love 8
2 hours ago, shelley1005 said:

Jenna took it upon herself to charge at another housemate and smack them.  While Ceejai is a larger person...it doesn't mean that she doesn't have the right to defend herself.

Jenna is also the one who has said (along with her mother) that if people keep talking about her racism and homophobia that she is going to beat their ass and show them what being southern is.  She also said how much she was going to beat Kailah because she wrongly assumed she leaked the info about her racism and homophbia to the interwebs.  I haven't heard Ceejai saying how much she is going to beat people.

Jenna is the violent person if we are comparing.  And watching the clips for next week....looks like violent Jenna is looking for more violence...and it sounded like Ceejai was trying to rise above.  

I respectfully disagree.

4 hours ago, shelley1005 said:

I respectfully agree.

• Love 8
On 5/22/2016 at 9:29 PM, Hiacios said:

It got me how Ceejai played stupid after Jenna came up to her and shoved her, like her big ass mouth didn't do anything to deserve it. lol.

Ceejai's comments afterward made her come off as totally delusional about how she's been acting all season, as if she thought the producers were only going to show her at her best. Has she never seen a reality show before?

• Love 1