Type keyword(s) to search

OutDaughtered - General Discussion

Message added by PrincessPurrsALot

Snark the show, not each other.  Civility matters. If a poster's posts routinely annoy you, please use the Ignore feature.  Hover over their user name and you will see a popup with an ignore option.

• Start Topic

New season starts on Feb 23. I guess that's when the Danielle-illness-mystery is gonna be solved. BTW, if you take a look at the pictures Adam took from Danielle's hospital beds you may think it's a great opportunity for him to show off his newest sneakers. There's always one foot in the pics. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Whatever they get paid to shill, is always going to end up featured.   It's like one big infomercial, and everything on this show is sponsored.     Remember when they were 'partners' in the cycle studio?  And it turned out that they never were, and it was all for publicity.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 5
38 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Whatever they get paid to shill, is always going to end up featured.   It's like one big infomercial, and everything on this show is sponsored.     Remember when they were 'partners' in the cycle studio?  And it turned out that they never were, and it was all for publicity.  

Really?? I thought they were part owners of a franchise but then were bought out later on. I thought that had been clarified at some point, but I could be wrong.

Either way, nothing surprises me with them anymore. They're total sellouts, but for the sake of their conscience's I'm just really hoping they haven't become sellouts when it comes to their health (as was mentioned in one of the earlier posts, like Danielle possibly advertising a drug that healed her).

THAT would make me lose any last remaining morsel of respect that I may or may not have for them.

• Love 2

No, that's what everyone thought, that they were partners and the others bought them out, but it someone spilled the truth, and said they were never investors, or partners the way they said.   They fudge a lot of facts on the show, from timelines, to their crisis of the week for the storyline too.  

I think the cycle studio news came out after the season where they had advertised it so much, and filmed to much about it.  Then someone called the cycle studio and asked, and the person who talked to them said they weren't partners, and never were.    

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

No, that's what everyone thought, that they were partners and the others bought them out, but it someone spilled the truth, and said they were never investors, or partners the way they said.   They fudge a lot of facts on the show, from timelines, to their crisis of the week for the storyline too.  

Wow, that's... Abhorrent. You'd think this wholesome, christian family would be opposed to that. Some example they're setting for their kids. I won't be the least bit surprised if all 6 of them become fame-whoring instagram influencers with no conscience. 

• Love 2

of all the various families these people irritate me the most.

They both act like they're movie stars and have such an attitude

Adumb in particluar goes around like a peacock, I had to laugh at him in the episode where he rode the mechanical bull you could tell that he was sucking in his gut and puffing out his chest in his skin tight jeans and shirt, GET OVER YOURSELF DUDE.. you ain't all that and you have little girls who need a dad to look up to not a fake ass pompous jerk strutting his ass around a bar.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Dustbunny said:

of all the various families these people irritate me the most.

They both act like they're movie stars and have such an attitude

Adumb in particluar goes around like a peacock, I had to laugh at him in the episode where he rode the mechanical bull you could tell that he was sucking in his gut and puffing out his chest in his skin tight jeans and shirt, GET OVER YOURSELF DUDE.. you ain't all that and you have little girls who need a dad to look up to not a fake ass pompous jerk strutting his ass around a bar.

They are the worst. I'm sure there really is just a very small percentage of people who actually know who they are. And of that small percentage.... Here is a decent chunk of them talking about how much they suck. 

On another note, I saw they were doing a paid advertisement for their trip to Williamsburg?? What is that all about? Williamsburg must really be hurting for tourism.. is there anything they won't do for "fame"?

• Love 5
4 hours ago, se0307 said:

On another note, I saw they were doing a paid advertisement for their trip to Williamsburg?? What is that all about? Williamsburg must really be hurting for tourism.. is there anything they won't do for "fame"?

Williamsburg had a bunch of influencers and their families there around the same time as it appears the Busby family was there.  It definitely seemed to be a targeted campaign, largely at a few who had families, probably trying to draw more visitors since tourism all over (obviously) is really hurting.

I have seen things in the state where I live talking about how much money the city is going to pour into similar campaigns to try to get more local-ish tourism here, so I suspect there will be a lot more (from the Busby family and others) because they want families to see it as relatable with their own kids, and learning opportunities, etc. I believe.

• Useful 3
On 1/28/2021 at 8:47 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I’ve been seeing on Instagram that they’re in Colonial Williamsburg (with matching Buffalo check outfits, is that supposed to be rustic? Because it’s not colonial, lol). I live a couple hours away from there and it’s very cold to be wandering around outside right now, so I wondered about the timing of that (plus it’s not a school break time) but the latest post about the zip lining said paid partnership with Visit Williamsburg. So I’m sure that will show up this season.

oops, sorry, didn’t see the previous posts about Williamsburg when I wrote this.

Edited by Eureka
  • Love 5

For my amusement, I have started clicking on their Instagram photos, and the Roloffs, to see how many paying sponsors are tagged.  It's neck and neck between the two (actually 3) families.  I keep waiting to see a pricetag slapped on a child's forehead.  

• LOL 13
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Eureka said:

I’ve been seeing on Instagram that they’re in Colonial Williamsburg (with matching Buffalo check outfits, is that supposed to be rustic? Because it’s not colonial, lol). I live a couple hours away from there and it’s very cold to be wandering around outside right now, so I wondered about the timing of that (plus it’s not a school break time) but the latest post about the zip lining said paid partnership with Visit Williamsburg. So I’m sure that will show up this season.

oops, sorry, didn’t see the previous posts about Williamsburg when I wrote this.

What do you want to bet that A&D are learning just as much as the kids? They seem to have the knowledge of 5 year olds... 

I was thinking the same thing about those stupid outfits. 🙄

• LOL 6
37 minutes ago, overtherainbow said:

Adam really can't spell. For how well their videos are edited, how hard is it to remember 'holiday' has only one l?

Screenshot 2021-02-03 175501.png

Again, the amount of vacations they go on is ridiculous.

He's an idiot. Did he even graduate high school?

• Love 3
19 hours ago, overtherainbow said:

Adam really can't spell. For how well their videos are edited, how hard is it to remember 'holiday' has only one l?

Screenshot 2021-02-03 175501.png

Again, the amount of vacations they go on is ridiculous.

I just watched the vlog.. first of all, it didn't really occur to me that they would be flying with their entire brood. I was hoping it might have been a road trip because why would they think it's a good idea to fly with all of them right now? Second, I'm not sure what airline they were flying, but clearly they had to wear masks in the airport and getting onto the plane, so why wasn't a single one of those kids wearing one ON the plane? 

• Love 4

They have been filming constantly without masks, the boat trip in the Gulf (no masks, and little ones without lifejackets on), two beach house vacations with the entire crowd, the ski trip right as Texas was locking down, the RV trip with the kids while the kitchen and stairs were being redone, and now Virginia.  They'll keep on until something awful happens, and my guess is it will be featured in "A Very Special Episode".     Since the family is so close by geographically, I'm guessing their vacations are usually the 8 Busbys, Dale and Crystal, and their two, plus Nick and Ashley, and their two, plus Mimi, and who knows how many of Adam's relatives.   So 17 in town relatives, plus Adam's extended family, makes a crowd of people.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 6

The recent traveling, mass gathering, and lack of masks and presumably other precautions makes me call BS on the seriousness of Danielle’s health issues. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if as was suggested in an earlier post here, that they will use her health issue to shill some snake oil.  That’s exactly who they are. 

• Love 8
44 minutes ago, readheaded said:

The recent traveling, mass gathering, and lack of masks and presumably other precautions makes me call BS on the seriousness of Danielle’s health issues. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if as was suggested in an earlier post here, that they will use her health issue to shill some snake oil.  That’s exactly who they are. 

Wow, spot on. I never put the two together, good point! I was so hung up on being annoyed with them and their ridiculous behavior that I totally disregarded Danielle's "health issues" and the impact it would/should have on them and their travels. Unless she's terminally ill and is trying to make the best of her remaining time, your point stands. And I'm certain that isn't the case and she isn't terminally ill. She looks exactly the same, and their demeanor and attitude hasn't changed one bit. If she was THAT ill, they would understand why what they're doing is messed up beyond belief. 

• Love 8

Hazel is such a gross child. They all are, but she's particularly nasty. Every video they ever take of her she has her mouth wide open and her tongue out and she puts everything in her mouth. And because the kids are yet again maskless at a basketball game, everything gets touched with those disgusting hands. She's old enough to understand that she can't be doing that.. if she had ever been disciplined in her life. Gross. 

Screenshot_20210206-011328.jpg

Also it pisses me off that they're at Blayke's basketball game, and all Adams can film are the quints dicking around during the game and not Blayke playing. Not only are they not telling them to sit down and shut up during the game, but they're also encouraging it. And poor Blayke. 

• Love 4

I still remember when they were filming a commercial with the quints running down the stairs (in the old house), for some vitamin commercial.   Then Blayke gets home, probably from school, and they take a little film of her, but I don't think they showed one piece of film with her in it.     It seemed to me that Adam only wanted the younger girls in the ad, and Blayke walking in, and getting filmed wasn't his plan.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 1

The Quints are the cash cows, and Adumb and Danielle are shamelessely pimping them out to the max. They seem to forget that they got the show because of the quints, not because of themselves. Even Dale and Kiki think they're stars. I feel sorry for Blayke. Not only because of the spelling of her name, but also because she seems to be a sweet girl and a great big sister

Edited by Elodia
  • Love 9
8 hours ago, Elodia said:

The Quints are the cash cows, and Adumb and Danielle are shamelessely pimping them out to the max. They seem to forget that they got the show because of the quints, not because of themselves. Even Dale and Kiki think they're stars. I feel sorry for Blayke. Not only because of the spelling of her name, but also because she seems to be a sweet girl and a great big sister

She's such a sweet girl! That child has put up with far more than anyone should. I'm sure she loves her sisters, but that doesn't mean she shouldn't get just as much alone time with her parents. Even at the basketball games. I'm sure she's happy her sisters are there, but the problem is that if the quints are there, they inevitably steal all of the attention and Blayke is left behind again. So leave those damn kids at home with one of their many sitters for once, and give Blayke the chance to believe she's not just an afterthought. 

Looks like Ava and Olivia got bunk beds. What happened to the "big girl beds" they spent a small fortune on like 2 years ago? What a waste of money. A&D are so entitled. 

• Love 5
11 hours ago, se0307 said:

She's such a sweet girl! That child has put up with far more than anyone should. I'm sure she loves her sisters, but that doesn't mean she shouldn't get just as much alone time with her parents. Even at the basketball games. I'm sure she's happy her sisters are there, but the problem is that if the quints are there, they inevitably steal all of the attention and Blayke is left behind again. So leave those damn kids at home with one of their many sitters for once, and give Blayke the chance to believe she's not just an afterthought. 

Looks like Ava and Olivia got bunk beds. What happened to the "big girl beds" they spent a small fortune on like 2 years ago? What a waste of money. A&D are so entitled. 

I thought it was Hazel and Parker that got bunk beds. I guess the twins got them now too?

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, druzy said:

I thought it was Hazel and Parker that got bunk beds. I guess the twins got them now too?

You could be right. I saw it on Adam's story, and I'm fairly certain it was the twins' room. But if Hazel and Parker have them, I would not be surprised if the twins do too. God forbid one of them has something that the others don't. But again. Why? Those beds they got should have lasted them at least until their tweens. They bitched about how much money it would be and that's another reason why they didn't get all 5 at once. But now where are they? And how much were those bunk beds? I'd also like to point out that if Parker & Hazel and the twins have them, what about Riley, I know she has her own room, but what a way to single her out yet again. I feel like she's the only one they even try to punish or discipline, and this just seems like it would be something for Adam & Danielle to hold over her. I could be biased. Riley was always my favorite because I recognized her intelligence and need to push and question everything as a way to define herself. Too bad her parents just see her as the "bad one" instead of maybe the "smart one".

Edited by se0307
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, se0307 said:

You could be right. I saw it on Adam's story, and I'm fairly certain it was the twins' room. But if Hazel and Parker have them, I would not be surprised if the twins do too. God forbid one of them has something that the others don't. But again. Why? Those beds they got should have lasted them at least until their tweens. They bitched about how much money it would be and that's another reason why they didn't get all 5 at once. But now where are they? And how much were those bunk beds? I'd also like to point out that if Parker & Hazel and the twins have them, what about Riley, I know she has her own room, but what a way to single her out yet again. I feel like she's the only one they even try to punish or discipline, and this just seems like it would be something for Adam & Danielle to hold over her. I could be biased. Riley was always my favorite because I recognized her intelligence and need to push and question everything as a way to define herself. Too bad her parents just see her as the "bad one" instead of maybe the "smart one".

I always felt like they didn't like Riley because she's smart enough to know what assholes her parents are and won't be so docile to go along to make it easier for them to be the assholes they are.  I'm guessing she'll go to college far, far away, never to return.  And, she'll be better for it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 9
13 hours ago, se0307 said:

God forbid one of them has something that the others don't.

Except it's the twins. Ava and Olivia were the first to get big girls beds, the others had to wait much longer, and their beds weren't by far as pretty as Avas and Olivias. They always have the biggest room too. I guess they wanted bunk beds because Hazel and Parker got them. I got the impression that Ava is Danielles favorite so of course no wish will be unfulfilled

Edited by Elodia
typo
  • Love 1
On 2/7/2021 at 12:41 AM, se0307 said:

I've always felt bad for Blayke, her 5 little sisters always have come before her and take up all the attention, even when the focus should be on her. I hope when she grows up she'll be able to go her own way and not be lumped into being "the older sister from outdaughtered" constantly. I saw Mady from K+8 held a lot of resentment as she was growing up because she was barely paid attention to, it's unfortunate I see the same thing happening with Blayke.

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, overtherainbow said:

I've always felt bad for Blayke, her 5 little sisters always have come before her and take up all the attention, even when the focus should be on her. I hope when she grows up she'll be able to go her own way and not be lumped into being "the older sister from outdaughtered" constantly. I saw Mady from K+8 held a lot of resentment as she was growing up because she was barely paid attention to, it's unfortunate I see the same thing happening with Blayke.

I think, though, that it just may seem the quints get more attention on the show, and that could just be because they're more the show's focus so it's edited that way. I actually think Danielle and Adam come across as really good parents. And maybe they want Blayke to have more privacy.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, readheaded said:

I always felt like they didn't like Riley because she's smart enough to know what assholes her parents are and won't be so docile to go along to make it easier for them to be the assholes they are.  I'm guessing she'll go to college far, far away, never to return.  And, she'll be better for it.

Yes, you're absolutely right. Her parents are assholes and are too dumb to realize that just because they were born at the same time, they are not the same person. The same thing but the opposite end of the spectrum was when Hazel wasn't walking and the other 4 were ready to go to preschool. Why the hell was it even a question as to whether or not to send the other four along and wait for Hazel to walk? They don't need to be attached at the hip for everything. And wasn't the point of sending them to preschool that they would learn social skills? If that was the case, why did it matter who started when?

Same goes for Riley. She's smarter than the rest of them, not just the "bad" one of the bunch. Let her go at her own pace and maybe help encourage it rather than shut it down and reprimand her. Drives me absolutely nuts that they only seem to see them as one entity.

8 minutes ago, overtherainbow said:

I agree 100% with this. Blayke has become an afterthought. It's a good thing she has her cousins that she can hang out with, because otherwise she'd be alone all the time. I said it before.. they need to do something like her basketball games alone without the quints to show her they care about JUST her for once. Leave the kids with Uncle Dale. They were at the game too, so I'm sure Adam and Danielle could ask them to watch them for like two hours so that they can pay attention to their older daughter, the saint. Still breaks my heart about the chat she had with Mimi telling her she wished she could spend more time with just her mom and dad. They better be careful before she's a teenager and wants literally nothing to do with them.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, JeanJean said:

I actually think Danielle and Adam come across as really good parents.

You should post this in the Unpopular Opinions about TV thread, because few here would agree. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
27 minutes ago, Quof said:

You should post this in the Unpopular Opinions about TV thread, because few here would agree. 

Do you have a link?

29 minutes ago, se0307 said:

I agree 100% with this. Blayke has become an afterthought. It's a good thing she has her cousins that she can hang out with, because otherwise she'd be alone all the time. I said it before.. they need to do something like her basketball games alone without the quints to show her they care about JUST her for once. Leave the kids with Uncle Dale. They were at the game too, so I'm sure Adam and Danielle could ask them to watch them for like two hours so that they can pay attention to their older daughter, the saint. Still breaks my heart about the chat she had with Mimi telling her she wished she could spend more time with just her mom and dad. They better be careful before she's a teenager and wants literally nothing to do with them.

Or hire a babysitter. Uncle Dale's daughter is on Blayke's basketball team.

4 minutes ago, druzy said:

Or hire a babysitter. Uncle Dale's daughter is on Blayke's basketball team.

True, I did say that in an earlier post. It just seems like Dale would probably rather hang out with Hazel anyway. but since they have so many babysitters, it shouldn't be so hard for them. Still, I'm guessing they bring those brats everywhere so they get noticed more. Yet again showing what attention seekers they really are.

• Love 1
44 minutes ago, JeanJean said:

I think, though, that it just may seem the quints get more attention on the show, and that could just be because they're more the show's focus so it's edited that way. I actually think Danielle and Adam come across as really good parents. And maybe they want Blayke to have more privacy.

I mean, she already has no privacy with all the cameras that have followed them everywhere since she was like 5 and the quints were babies. Good parents don't exploit their kids for fame.

• Love 7
Just now, overtherainbow said:

I mean, she already has no privacy with all the cameras that have followed them everywhere since she was like 5 and the quints were babies. Good parents don't exploit their kids for fame.

Right, and if they were to give anyone privacy, it should have been Parker, but they used her anxiety as a storyline as well.

I wonder what these kids will think once they're old enough to understand how used they were. They will grow up learning how much people despise their family and see themselves potty training and pooping in corners and acting like full-on brats. They're going to have some serious issues as teenagers. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, se0307 said:

Anyone see this by the way? I thought it was super weird..

https://soapdirt.com/outdaughtered-busby-family-fakes-parkers-birthday/

The twins were playing make believe with Parker and were pretending it was Parker's 2nd birthday. Adam had to get involved of course and he got a donut and lite 2 candles for Parker to blow out. You can see the way the twins and Parker acted when Adam got involved that things got awkward. They didn't seem to have fun when dad was there.

1 minute ago, druzy said:

The twins were playing make believe with Parker and were pretending it was Parker's 2nd birthday. Adam had to get involved of course and he got a donut and lite 2 candles for Parker to blow out. You can see the way the twins and Parker acted when Adam got involved that things got awkward. They didn't seem to have fun when dad was there.

Yeah I saw the IG story and thought it was weird. Then just now I found the article and was surprised the article even existed. 

Definitely bizarre. Why Adam had to be a part of it is beyond me. Maybe because he actually parented for once and said that they can use lit candles unsupervised.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, JeanJean said:

I agree.  The focus is often more on the quints, but that doesn't necessarily mean Blayke doesn't want it that way.  Also, on the show, there are so many times when we hear Adam or Danielle talk about wanting to do something special for Blayke or with Blayke.

The reality is, we don't know why they make certain decisions, but I do think it's fair to say that they really try to make sure each girl gets attention and feels loved.  I only have 2 kids, and I think it's hard.  I can't imagine having 6!

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Quof said:

No reason it can't be posted here.  It's ok to say nice things about the family, too.

• Love 11
23 hours ago, Quof said:

Aren’t all opinions allowed here within the PT rules? Whether we all agree or not, this family has a large following of people who seem to love the Busby family and are entitled to feel that way. 

I think Adam and Danielle have good intentions—and were probably very good parents to Blayke—but fame is affecting their family in negative ways they don’t yet realize. It’s sad. 

• Love 10

Ok, I'm not saying it couldn't be something serious, but considering their recent vacations and activity, the reaction to Danielle's mystery illness here seems a little dramatic. If she really needed heart surgery, I doubt they'd be traveling and doing a ropes course and whatever else. And if it was really so bad, they would stay out because this is still a pandemic!

Also, the kids are still brats it seems. 

https://youtu.be/Y-g-xzOElZE

• Love 1
1 hour ago, eel21788 said:

On 2/9/2021 at 12:16 PM, Lukeysboat said:

I think Adam and Danielle have good intentions—and were probably very good parents to Blayke—

I don't think we're watching the same show.

Yes, we are, we just don’t agree on everything. That does not invalidate my opinion. We have seen very little of how they parented before the quintuplets were born, but my impression is that they had a close bond with Blayke and spent quality time with her. Understandably, everything changed once she got pregnant with those five babies. 

• Love 6

Just saw the preview on youtube. So all the "hush hush don't ask I will keep my health problems private"- talk only to be fully disclosed on the show? Seems the camera was with them on every doctors appointment. Who would've thought..   I mean, I wish her well, but playing with illnesses and using them as "click bait"... I dunno...

• Love 4

I think they were good parents to Blayke, and then when the quints came along they were so focused on them, that the occasional outing with Blayke isn't going to make up for the focus on the little ones.   After all, the little ones are the stars of the show, and the advertising and sponsors.   

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

After all, the little ones are the stars of the show

You mean the cash cows/breadwinners of the family.  This family is eventually going to go the way of the Gosselins.  And that family is messed up.

• Love 3