Type keyword(s) to search

Season 12 Spoilers, Speculation and Anticipation

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, normasm said:

Gosh, how many times are they going to use that mouthing off about the newbie while the newbie is right behind him/her thing? What is this, the third time?

And needless to say, has been done to death on other shows. 

• Love 2

Maybe the weird thing about AJ Cook is she looks really skinny. I don't care, I mean, it's her body. But She was weird in episode 2, and she still looks weird sometimes in those sneak peeks. It reminds me of TG in season 7 premiere. He was also too skinny.

Edited by smoker
44 minutes ago, normasm said:

Gosh, how many times are they going to use that mouthing off about the newbie while the newbie is right behind him/her thing? What is this, the third time?

I think intra-team conflict would be fascinating, and would make a great arc for the season.  But this? Garcia determined not to like him because of Morgan, and Emily stepping on toes the same way she did with Rossi, and Garcia did with Blake?  

CM, the land of missed opportunity.

• Love 4
49 minutes ago, normasm said:

Agreed! Even though I don't recall another, I immediately thought 'Blake. Is she nice?' and that whole crap with Garcia. And it's not the  only other time?! geez.....

• Love 1

I suspect Prentiss and Alvez had a thing, once upon a time. The way she profiled him, her eyes darting around... and their familiarity with each other in that other clip all point to a pre-association. Of what type though, remains to be seen.

5 minutes ago, ForeverAlone said:

Considering some fans think Luke and Penelope have had a thing, the show could start off on the right foot by making him the BAU manwhore, here to service any and all sexual needs. :) :) :) 

For all the things the show has explored, they've never shown that profiling could be very useful for sex...

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Bookish Jen said:

It comes across like a total PR puff piece, not solid entertainment journalism, not that I expect any journalism credibility from Entertainment Tonight; they're a half-step up from the likes of TMZ.

And the next time the Cubbies will be in the playoffs, Joe will be dead for about 50 years.

Sadly, no input from Matthew; perhaps he was busy darning his mismatched socks or brushing his teeth with pumpkin spice Neosporin.

Okay, I agree with your comments about Criminal Minds, but I'm going to have to ask you to back off on the Cubs. Born, raised and lived most of my life in the Chicago suburbs. We love our Cubbies.

Edited by SSAHotchner
happy fingers
  • Love 3

I'm a diehard Bluebird, but I've got a soft spot for the Cubs. It's been way too long.

All this sports talk makes me think, "CM really should do a sports episode". Especially considering how neurotic and superstitious some of those guys get...Reid would go nuts.

• Love 1

I think I would fall asleep if it had to be about sports. I have never have never had an interest in sports and just thinking about them bores the hell out of me.

That said, I could see a crazed sports fan doing stuff to try to stop a rival team. I know stuff like that has happened in real life to some extent.

I thought the Viper guy in 52 Pickup sort of profiled women to figure out who he could pick up. But, it seems none of the team members have used profiling to get laid (at least not that we know of).

• Love 3

I don't care about "No Hotch No Watch" thing. TG assaulted someone. This is the fact and TG deserved  being fired. Besides I really doubt TG has such a big fanbase as enable to influence on ratings. No.

But I'm so done with CBS's rudeness to MGG. Reid is the most popular character. No matter how hard CBS  tried to ignore him, this is the "fact". Here the "fact" means the thing majority think it's true.

I don't care about a power puff girls with a unpopular muscle. That's not "Criminal Minds". Seriously, where is a "Minds" part? And I don't think it's a shame to no watch. Seriously, it's a shame to still watch this crap and blindly support this crap.

I hate Hotch fans would claim the low rating tonight would be all owing to "No Hotch", but whatever. I just wish the rating would tank!

And I'm even wondering why MGG hadn't tweeted anything recently even now it is October! May be he was given a gag order. Never tweet. If he tweeted like the last year, we fans would detect Reid's absence instantly and ratings would drop...or this time literally TANK.

I don't support "No Hotch" but CBS TPTB suck and CM should be canceled.

Good bye CM! W/O POPULAR MALE CHRACTERS, you are NOTHING!

Edited by MaliceMisel
3 hours ago, MaliceMisel said:

I don't care about a power puff girls with a unpopular muscle. That's not "Criminal Minds". Seriously, where is a "Minds" part?

Good bye CM! W/O POPULAR MALE CHRACTERS, you are NOTHING!

This is kind of sad. It sounds very misogynistic, but I'm not sure you're wrong, generally speaking.

On one of the other forums (maybe the Supergirl one?) someone posted a link about how people (men and women) are less likely to support a show with a female lead than a male lead. For women, that changes once they actually watch the show, but not for men.

I don't understand what you mean by "unpopular muscle", nor do I see how women being slightly more than half of the cast means the "minds" part of CM is gone.

Sadly, it might end up being very true that CM needs popular male characters to survive. I'd hate to see CM go down because of that, though.

CM/CBS fired two of their female main characters without cause - uproar but people still watch the show and nobody seriously worries that ratings will tank.

CM/CBS fired one male main character WITH cause - uproar and people are seriously worried about ratings and calling for the show to be cancelled (too early to say if people will still watch - I suspect they will, but too early to say). Granted, the ratings of CM are worse now than they were when AJC/PB were fired, but still.

• Love 2

Watch or not, up to you whatever your reason. Since it's an ensemble show and has been quite male heavy I am sure there are some that won't be happy with the change.  People are usually pretty resistant to change.  I tend to prefer a show with a strong female lead and Prentiss could be that so I am happy to wait and see. I know I would not be watching The Spencer Reid hour but that's just me. :-) 

• Love 1
19 hours ago, SSAHotchner said:

Okay, I agree with your comments about Criminal Minds, but I'm going to have to ask you to back off on the Cubs. Born, raised and lived most of my life in the Chicago suburbs. We love our Cubbies.

Actually I used to live in Chicago, north side, Rogers Park, so I know all about the Cubs love. At least they are in the play-offs, which is more than I can say for the Milwaukee Brewers. And as much as we love the Brewers, the Green Bay Packers is practically a religion here in Wisconsin.

On-topic: I'm looking forward to having Emily (and of course, the lovely Paget) back and find out how she handles being the head of the BAU.

10 minutes ago, ReidFan said:

"The Spencer Reid Hour" yeah, I wish. The ONLY episode that has even come close to that was Entropy. Usually, Reid is just background decoration.

:)

I kind of fan wanked a Spencer-heavy episode that is similar to Sick Day, where he discusses particular troublesome case (and the BAU in general) with an interested party. Spencer has spent some time writing about these cases in detail and his mixed up emotions, feelings, opinions and ideas regarding these cases. One day, after coming home from an exceptionally trying case, a new tenant who Spencer is on friendly terms with, notices he seems a bit troubled and asks him if he's okay as they pass each other in the lobby. He makes a brief statement about a tough day at work. She mentions she hope things get better for him soon. 

Spencer writes about this case in his journal but is still really troubled. It's then he decides to open up to this particular tenant who lives on the same floor as he. She opens the door, and Spencer asks if she'd be willing to read about this case in his journal; he just needs a friendly face and someone who he feels he can open up to even is she is a bit of a stranger. This lady welcomes Spencer inside, gives him some tea and then reads about the case in Spencer's journal. When she is done there is care and concern in her face. She validates what he wrote and feels honored he shared his journal with her. It is then and there the two spark up a friendship, open up more to each other and it slow burns into a lovely romance for the both of them.

But his won't happen because the Universe sucks.

• Love 5
32 minutes ago, senin said:

I loved this idea, Booky!!

Thank you so much. I like the idea of Spencer just meeting someone that doesn't rely on a whole lot of drama. If not a fellow tenant, maybe a nice lady at his favorite book store or maybe a sister of one of his chess buddies or maybe Spencer sits next to someone at a lecture and afterward they discuss it in further length and he asks her out for coffee (a la Loker), and this lady agrees to join him (she isn't stupid!), and any of this leads to romance and happiness for Spencer.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, ReidFan said:

"The Spencer Reid Hour" yeah, I wish. The ONLY episode that has even come close to that was Entropy. Usually, Reid is just background decoration.

:)

As do I. It'd certainly be a refreshing change for those of us who have had to endure "The JJ hour"  numerous times thru out the last several seasons. I also seem to remember that way back then, when Reid got more screen time/more focus, so did the team as a whole. In other words we weren't constantly being subjected to the unsub show.

I will freely admit that I liked this show a whole a lot better when it was more male oriented. But than again part of the reason could be that it was written so much better in those days, including the characters themselves. I said it before but I'll say it again about how ironic I think it is that under a female show runner I've grown to like the CM females so much less. Now does that include Emily Prentiss also. I guess that will all depend on the writing. I do know that her last guest appearance soured me somewhat on her character. Which is something I blamed on the writing not Paget herself. 

• Love 4

CBS and Harry Bring are happy dancing because of this week ratings. I'm speechless. Their attitude is so unprofessional, childlike even. They know this issue is more complicated than just comparing the numbers of these two weeks. They should be more cautious, one swallow doesn't make a summer.

• Love 4

they're probably sick and tired of having every single tweet they post hijacked by the nohotchnowatch crowd. I understand the fans'  disappointment, but hijacking threads like Aisha's birthday was classless and mean spirited. 

None of which justifies Harry etc being unprofessional with the snarky tweet.

• Love 6

While I totally get people's upset at losing Hotch, maybe Bring's just celebrating because he's relieved that they're all probably not losing their jobs this season? Because if I were working on the show in any capacity, I'd be hoping something like this wouldn't stop me earning my paycheck. That would suck. I totally agree any level of snark in this situation is not ok.

And yes, CBS can do one, but again, it's not surprising because it's all about the money.

(Personally I'm happy about the ratings because I don't want the show cancelled yet, Hotch or no Hotch. *shrug*)

Edited by Lebanna
  • Love 6

well Harry's planning on retiring after CM, so whether it's cancelled or not won't matter to him personally financial-wise, after another year. Obviously, he loves what he does there, loves some of his coworkers muchly (it's well documented) but I asked him specifically ages ago (when we were waiting to hear about being renewed for season 12). He said he was gonna retire after CM, but he had hoped (back then) there was at least one more season. He said he might do consulting, pick up pilot projects to work on now and again but he really wants to spend more time with Rhonda (I think that's her name?) and his two sons, and two grandkids. He is the kind of guy though, who would want the show to continue for the sakes of the others that work in the crew. And Harry's involved with the health and safety unit; he's posted about that on several occasions and probably looks out for the crew in that respect too so it wouldn't surprise me if he hopes the show continues even longer. There's the pride factor too. Criminal Minds has been around for twelve years now, and has always been one of CBS' top rated shows, I'm sure they're all proud of that and would like to see it continue.

I know I want it to continue, as long as they don't babify (not babefy, he already IS that) marginilise, push aside Reid. Cause then I will spearhead #NoReidnoNEED O:-)

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Lebanna said:

While I totally get people's upset at losing Hotch, maybe Bring's just celebrating because he's relieved that they're all probably not losing their jobs this season? Because if I were working on the show in any capacity, I'd be hoping something like this wouldn't stop me earning my paycheck. That would suck. I totally agree any level of snark in this situation is not ok.

And yes, CBS can do one, but again, it's not surprising because it's all about the money.

(Personally I'm happy about the ratings because I don't want the show cancelled yet, Hotch or no Hotch. *shrug*)

We have people who are selfishly advocating for the show to fail and be canceled, all because they feel this great injustice was done to Thomas Gibsons. And omg how terrible it is that his cast mates didn't go to bat for him/stick up for him in his time of need. So therefore every damn one of them deserves to lose their job the way he did. I want the show to survive in part so as to not give those people the satisfaction.

• Love 9

It is just too bad that Simon Mirren didn't get the job as CM's show runner. I am certain if he had, the quality of the show would be so much better today. And the reason I say this is because I have seen interviews with this man where it was clear to me that he understood what the concept of what CM was all about, at least what it was suppose to be about.

But on the other hand I've heard stuff coming out of Messer's mouth that had me face palming and groaning about the fact that she clearly seemed not to understand the original concept of the show or she just didn't give a damn.

• Love 9

I'm a total feminist and I want to support women in all endeavors, especially in what is still very much a "boy culture," running a TV show, but Erica Messer's has run CM right into a filthy ditch. 

Yep, Simon MIrren would have done a fabulous job running CM, with compelling, intelligent and well-written stories, and the characters would have been fully-actualized, multi-faceted and complex people, not the flat, dull and simplistic cardboard cut outs that we seem to get week after week.

'Tis a pity.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, MMC said:

It is just too bad that Simon Mirren didn't get the job as CM's show runner. I am certain if he had, the quality of the show would be so much better today. And the reason I say this is because I have seen interviews with this man where it was clear to me that he understood what the concept of what CM was all about, at least what it was suppose to be about.

But on the other hand I've heard stuff coming out of Messer's mouth that had me face palming and groaning about the fact that she clearly seemed not to understand the original concept of the show or she just didn't give a damn.

Yes! The writing is the main problem but as show runner, it was her job to communicate the proper premise to new writers. This is the direction Erica wanted to go so I do lay a lot of the blame on her for the horrendous mess we've been stuck with since she took over.

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, SSAHotchner said:

Yes! The writing is the main problem but as show runner, it was her job to communicate the proper premise to new writers. This is the direction Erica wanted to go so I do lay a lot of the blame on her for the horrendous mess we've been stuck with since she took over.

Yes, yes, yes! Erica needs to pay better mind the the writers and their poorly-written scripts. The buck (or should I say sucks?) ends with her.

• Love 2

Ha, well then y'all may not be glad to hear that Erica's on the short list to write the episode. That may change, though.

I always thought Simon and her wrote well together. Maybe when she has him to guide her, she does better. I hope this means we get at least one old-skool episode this season. Should be a hum-dinger!

• Love 1

Simon Mirren may not be sorry he didn't get the show current runner job. The show runner can't just do what (s)he wants, they have to do what the network ultimately wants. Yes, they do have influence on what direction a season will take, choosing story arcs, etc., but ultimately, they have to do what the network wants. That (what the network wants) is to make money, and they have all kinds of models and algorithms that help them figure what will bring the cah-ching. Yes, Simon's instincts for the show are demonstrably better than Erica's, but he might be terribly frustrated trying to walk the corporate line that Erica seems to navigate to the network's delight. It probably is a bit of a thankless job, especially if one is passionate about the canon and the stories. Erica's said before she didn't want anyone to replace JLH, but did not get her way. Yet she toes the line for the network, which is why she's always called so good at what she does as show runner.

Mind you, I'm not a fan of hers, i'm just saying it's a tough job that requires a lot of compromise.

Edited by normasm
grammar demons
  • Love 4
12 minutes ago, zannej said:

IIRC, Simon Mirren was the acting showrunner for one season and then decided to move on.

I'm pretty sure it was because Sony had offered him another job. It is possible that one of the reasons he took that job was because he knew that there was a good chance had he stayed and became CM's permanent show runner, that the network and he probably would have clashed over the show's creative direction.

• Love 1

I've said it before and I'll say it again- maybe Erica Messer truly does know what she's doing. S12E04 will be Messer's 121st episode at the helm- more than any other CM showrunner (Edward Allen Bernero did 120)- and she's still got CM as a ratings winner. All doing this after a point where conventional wisdom says a show is "done" (six seasons).

We can quibble about the quality of CM compared to S1 vs. S2-S6 vs. Messer's stint (and I think that, except for flashes, I don't think Messer's stint quite compares to CM's halcyon days), but, as far as network metrics are concerned- the ratings- Messer's been a hit.

• Love 2

Okay so my content provider says I'm not allowed to 'like' anything you say Daniel? But I enjoyed your comment, just so you know. I get weird stuff like that on mobile all the time, like it will only show a few posts, or not show any history.

*edited to remove typos because posting from a phone sucks.

Edited by Franky
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, Franky said:

Okay so my content provider says I'm not allowed to 'like' anything you say Daniel? But I enjoyed your comment, just so you know. I get weird stuff like that on mobile all the time, like it will only show a few posts, or not show any history.

*edited to remove typos because posting from a phone sucks.

It's just a glitch...my phone does it too. The "like" still winds up registering,

• Love 1

I get a glitch on my computer where sometimes I click the like button and it redirects me to an error page. Hasn't been doing it as much lately though.

More episode titles and such have been given out by people on Twitter (I think mostly Harry Bring).

Episode 8: Scarecrow written by Karen Maser & directed by Christoph Schrewe

Episode 9: Profiling 202 written by Virgil Williams & directed by Rob Bailey

Episode 10: Seek and Destroy (I don't know writer & director yet)

Episode 11: Surface Tension written by Bruce Zimmerman & directed by Oz Scott

Episode 12: (don't know title or director) written by Jim Clemente

Episode 13: written by Erica Messer & Kirsten Vangsness

I'm hoping to find out the writer and director for 10 and find out who is directing 12. I can't take credit for finding the info. I just pass it along bc other people tell me when they see it on social media.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, ReidFan said:

and the apparent antichrist, Virgil Williams :)

he doesn't deserve that title Reidfan, he is just something between an ordinary and a bad  writer ;D

I was rewatching Lockdown this last weekend and I was really disgusted when I saw his name under the "written by". I like that episode. Fortunately, this is not the norm.