Type keyword(s) to search

Season 12 Spoilers, Speculation and Anticipation

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Willowy said:

GAHH! Y'all chill! I'm freaked out too, but let's see what actually happens before stroking out. I'd like to live to see tomorrow. ;)

Well, how can we?

We're all under the influence of INSANE ROOT!

Just saw the clip in question.  Despite what they would obviously like everyone to think, I can't imagine they will actually go there.  MGG has nurtured his character for 12 seasons, and isn't about to throw him away by setting up a 'who's the daddy' story line for season 13.

Granted, I do believe that there are some at CM who don't understand that Reid's fallout next season needs to be 'dealing with PTSD' and not 'finding the the best day care.'  But I don't think MGG is one of them, and I think he will protect Reid from bad soap opera plotting.

• Love 5

I am actually excited for this.  It will be something different and so far nothing that isn't possible in this world is previewed.  

Both of this women are out to "break" Reid.  They are not going to do that by calling him names.  This is extreme mind games.  He got the best of Cat the first time.  She has had nothing but time to figure out all the stops for a rematch. 

Reid has had one bad thing after another happen to him.  Unfortunately in real life, there are tons of good people who deal with one crappie or terrible situation after another.  The thing is, so far none of it has broken Reid.

By the way, I love the discussions on the board.

19 minutes ago, JMO said:

Just saw the clip in question.  Despite what they would obviously like everyone to think, I can't imagine they will actually go there.  MGG has nurtured his character for 12 seasons, and isn't about to throw him away by setting up a 'who's the daddy' story line for season 13.

Granted, I do believe that there are some at CM who don't understand that Reid's fallout next season needs to be 'dealing with PTSD' and not 'finding the the best day care.'  But I don't think MGG is one of them, and I think he will protect Reid from bad soap opera plotting.

Hope you are right, JMO!

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, normasm said:

Hope you are right, JMO!

Me, too, because, if I'm not, I may need to be done.   Crossing fingers. 

• Love 1

I've just caught up on all this and I honestly feel sick with anticipation.  At any rate, this finale really needed to be extended to 90 minutes.  

Nobody better be pregnant with Reid's baby by any means.  They torture us with his tangible loneliness for 12 years and this is what they would do to him?  Sweet, chivalrous, brilliant, gentle man?  Aw, HAIL no.  I'd be finished with this show.  Finis.  Finito. The end.  Dunzo.

My husband was kind enough to offer to watch the Penguins lose to the Capitals on our bedroom TV so I can watch on the big one, but maybe I should say no-- I may throw a brick through it.

• Love 4
(edited)

I really hope Reid isn't sexually assaulted. I'm not really sure how I could rectify it.

First of all, as I've said before, Reid occupies a role that's usually left for women. He may not be effeminate, but he's very vulnerable, since he's not physically strong and is highly emotional (and he usually has long hair). The show has used him as "the damsel in distress" many times, and the writers never hide the fact that Reid is always the one that "needs saving", given how many times the other characters worry about him.

Now, I grant some of you don't see Reid's character that way- which is fine- but that's a debate for another day. The point I want to make here is that Reid is very much "The Girl" of the show to me and the writers treat him as such, so whatever storylines the writers believe would only work for your typical Hollywood female they give to Reid.

In principle, this isn't wrong- I mean, I could appreciate a Hollywood show that, say, makes the clean freak, the cooking expert and the one who so desperately wants a family a male instead of a female- but these writers, especially Erica Messer's crew, believes this is just an excuse to hurt Reid and remind us just how "delicate" he really is.

Which is nauseating in its own way, but rape is a whole new, disgusting level.

Not just because it's "the ultimate damsel story" but it also signals to me that these writers are so cowardly and so callous that they have decided that since they don't have "a woman" to do this kind of a story with, they might as well do it to Reid.

I've railed about political correctness many, many times, but doing it to Reid is just the lowest of the low.

Fine, don't have a lot of rape scenes so that people don't think you're "glorifying violence against women". I think that kind of mentality is stupid (because rape is very real), but that's another debate.

However, the writers are deluding themselves if they think that raping Reid instead of women is somehow OK, because it isn't.

They have exploited Reid for pain far too much. They have beaten and destroyed him far too many times. I don't care how great Matthew Gray Gubler is at expressing pain, doing it over and over again and doing it over and over again just because you can is not OK.

Furthermore, don't say, as a show, that "we're going to be delicate about rape" and then turn around and do it to Reid "just because".

Because that is not OK. Because it's just as trivializing of rape as if they had the Victim of the Week there just to be brutally raped, shown in all its graphic detail.

I don't know how much this rant made sense but all I know is that I just really want to puke.

Pitchforks ready, ladies and gents.

Edited by Danielg342
14 minutes ago, Droogie said:

My husband was kind enough to offer to watch the Penguins lose to the Capitals on our bedroom TV so I can watch on the big one, but maybe I should say no-- I may throw a brick through it.

Right now the game isn't going so well for Washington, sorry to say. It may still be better than CM.

(edited)
13 minutes ago, Danielg342 said:

I really hope Reid isn't sexually assaulted. I'm not really sure how I could rectify it.

First of all, as I've said before, Reid occupies a role that's usually left for women. He may not be effeminate, but he's very vulnerable, since he's not physically strong and is highly emotional (and he usually has long hair). The show has used him as "the damsel in distress" many times, and the writers never hide the fact that Reid is always the one that "needs saving", given how many times the other characters worry about him.

Now, I grant some of you don't see Reid's character that way- which is fine- but that's a debate for another day. The point I want to make here is that Reid is very much "The Girl" of the show to me and the writers treat him as such, so whatever storylines the writers believe would only work for your typical Hollywood female they give to Reid.

In principle, this isn't wrong- I mean, I could appreciate a Hollywood show that, say, makes the clean freak, the cooking expert and the one who so desperately wants a family a male instead of a female- but these writers, especially Erica Messer's crew, believes this is just an excuse to hurt Reid and remind us just how "delicate" he really is.

Which is nauseating in its own way, but rape is a whole new, disgusting level.

Not just because it's "the ultimate damsel story" but it also signals to me that these writers are so cowardly and so callous that they have decided that since they don't have "a woman" to do this kind of a story with, they might as well do it to Reid.

I've railed about political correctness many, many times, but doing it to Reid is just the lowest of the low.

Fine, don't have a lot of rape scenes so that people don't think you're "glorifying violence against women". I think that kind of mentality is stupid (because rape is very real), but that's another debate.

However, the writers are deluding themselves if they think that raping Reid instead of women is somehow OK, because it isn't.

They have exploited Reid for pain far too much. They have beaten and destroyed him far too many times. I don't care how great Matthew Gray Gubler is at expressing pain, doing it over and over again and doing it over and over again just because you can is not OK.

Furthermore, don't say, as a show, that "we're going to be delicate about rape" and then turn around and do it to Reid "just because".

Because that is not OK. Because it's just as trivializing of rape as if they had the Victim of the Week there just to be brutally raped, shown in all its graphic detail.

I don't know how much this rant made sense but all I know is that I just really want to puke.

Pitchforks ready, ladies and gents.

I was thinking the same exact thing as you. The only thing that I disagree with, and I've seen it posted here plenty of times before so I'm probably just crazy, but I never saw Reid as highly emotional. Sensitive to a point, yes, but I wouldn't say very emotional. I can think of very few times where Reid's composure breaks. I would actually of considered Morgan to be more emotional because of his anger outbursts. I wonder if Reid's sweetness can get confused with him being emotional. Or maybe sweetness is an emotion and I'm just crazy.

Edited by Haleysgalaxy
  • Love 1

Oh my God! Spencer's dark side just came out! He grabbed Cat and tried to strangle her! He growled at her! HELP!!! I can't believe he's capable of this...darkness. :)

No se questions hacer. Estoy tan excitada y no se porque! Ayuda!

14 minutes ago, Haleysgalaxy said:

I was thinking the same exact thing as you. The only thing that I disagree with, and I've seen it posted here plenty of times before so I'm probably just crazy, but I never saw Reid as highly emotional. Sensitive to a point, yes, but I wouldn't say very emotional. I can think of very few times where Reid's composure breaks. I would actually of considered Morgan to be more emotional because of his anger outbursts. I wonder if Reid's sweetness can get confused with him being emotional. Or maybe sweetness is an emotion and I'm just crazy.

I could be wrong, but I think Reid has cried more than the other male characters on this show. Maybe even more than the women. Semantics, though- I think we both agree rape just wouldn't be a good story for Reid. Not in this way, at least.

If I had to pick a character for whom that kind of storyline would work for, I think it would work better on a "strong" character because rape is the ultimate humiliation and it would shock their senses. Someone as broken as Reid just feels like piling on.

On 5/9/2017 at 6:22 PM, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

If they finish Reid's arc off - while saving Diana - and then bring in Morgan to re-kick start the Scratch arc to end the season, then I'll be tremendously mollified.  But its during and it causes character assassinations while doing so, the rage train will be whistling down the tracks.

Quoting myself, because yes, I'm that lame.

But, writers - aside from the fact that the Scratch not-drama is getting dragged out further - consider me 100% mollified by the S12 finale and how it happened.  Congrats for not being as foolish as I feared you could be.

• Love 2