Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E20: Don't Call Me Shurley

• Start Topic

19 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Perhaps being a demon was the only way Dean was going to survive the Mark and not entirely lose his mind. Maybe Chuck is pissed that Sam for removing that survival mechanism. I dunno.

Just a random thinky thought.

I think based on Cain, that was likely the case that Dean needed to be a demon eventually to survive the mark. I think Crowley mentioned something to that effect when Dean was getting physically sick, though interestingly Dean being a demon did not seem to alleviate his need to kill. I think it just made the chances of physical sickness and death - which would've led to him being a demon anyway - less. That might be why Chuck mentioned demon Dean, because that might eventually have been the way it would've gone in order for Dean to withstand the mark long term.

As for Chuck maybe being annoyed that Sam de-demoned Dean, I didn't consider that, but that's an interesting question and could be a possibility. Because as we saw, non-demon Dean with the mark was somewhat unstable and likely would've gone crazy eventually... also Sam seeing Dean that way was one of the reasons Sam wanted to get the mark off of Dean. Maybe Chuck was saying that if Sam just accepted Dean as a demon - and demon Dean was certainly fine with that arrangement - Sam wouldn't have cared if Dean had the mark and things could've stayed the way they were with Dean as a demon singing Karaoke and killing other demons.

1 minute ago, AwesomO4000 said:

As for Chuck maybe being annoyed that Sam de-demoned Dean, I didn't consider that, but that's an interesting question and could be a possibility. Because as we saw, non-demon Dean with the mark was somewhat unstable and likely would've gone crazy eventually... also Sam seeing Dean that way was one of the reasons Sam wanted to get the mark off of Dean. Maybe Chuck was saying that if Sam just accepted Dean as a demon - and demon Dean was certainly fine with that arrangement - Sam wouldn't have cared if Dean had the mark and things could've stayed the way they were with Dean as a demon singing Karaoke and killing other demons

I legit thought that was the direction they were going to go. That Sam was going to have to accept Dean as a demon because it certainly would have matched the entire monster vs human vs demon inside us all thing they were going for.  But I think that would have required a message from on high telling Sam he had to accept it.  And even then it might have been more than Sam could handle given Ruby and Crowley and Azazel.

• Love 1

Heh not to mention it would've meant that Sam would've had to live without Dean and likely given up hunting again (since he didn't think he could do that without Dean), because even if Sam could've accepted demon Dean - and that's a huge if - demon Dean seemed pretty intent on killing Sam if Sam tried to force contact.

Yeah, in my opinion, the show had the best chance to go "accept the monster inside" with blood addicted Sam, and they showed then that they weren't willing to go there.

I can't see Sam allowing Dean to remain a demon.  In his right mind, Dean would never have wanted to become the monster, and Sam knew that.  I don't see that playing out any other way.  Sorry, but Chuck is a pain in the ass.

• Love 2
(edited)
42 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

I can't see Sam allowing Dean to remain a demon.  In his right mind, Dean would never have wanted to become the monster, and Sam knew that.  I don't see that playing out any other way.  Sorry, but Chuck is a pain in the ass.

What a fantastic existential decision to make. If Sam and Dean knew the only way to keep the Darkness away was for Dean to be a demon, would Dean do it and would Sam accept it? No human Dean with the Mark but ONLY demon!Dean 

Edited by catrox14

That's an interesting question to ponder, Catrox.  Dean was prepared to live in exile forever, and to kill Sam, if it meant that he couldn't hurt another person.  I have to think, based on that, that he would not have agreed to becoming a demon, since theoretically, he would have continued to hurt people.  But if Sam knew then what he knows now about the Darkness, Lucifer, etc., would he have allowed Dean to remain a demon under those circumstances?  Weighing the people Dean would ultimately hurt or kill against the destruction of the entire universe seems a no brainer, but I wonder.

19 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

21 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

That's an interesting question to ponder, Catrox.  Dean was prepared to live in exile forever, and to kill Sam, if it meant that he couldn't hurt another person.  I have to think, based on that, that he would not have agreed to becoming a demon, since theoretically, he would have continued to hurt people.  But if Sam knew then what he knows now about the Darkness, Lucifer, etc., would he have allowed Dean to remain a demon under those circumstances?  Weighing the people Dean would ultimately hurt or kill against the destruction of the entire universe seems a no brainer, but I wonder.

Dean was going to choose exile but that was as a human with Mark. I think Dean would lose his mind after awhile in exile just from being alone. 

If Dean had never been a demon before that maybe he'd say no but I think if he was told that the Darkness was going to destroy humanity, he would do it. And if was after he'd already been a demon, I think he'd do it again. Either way I think Dean would do it save humanity.

I think Dean would do it to save Sam. I'm not sure he'd do it to save humanity. He would absolutely be willing to die to save humanity, but consciously turning back into a demon -- I think that might be a bridge too far, depending on the circumstances. Dean often reacts emotionally rather than logically to situations. Even if it seemed clear that his turning into a demon was the only rational choice, I don't think any amount of mere argument would convince him. If he were seeing other people suffering as the world collapsed around him, on the other hand, I believe he would eventually do it.

If the show had wanted to make keeping Dean a demon a real possibility, they would have had to write him differently. As it was, Demon Dean was pretty toothless, but beyond the most superficial aspects of personality, he also wasn't himself in any meaningful way, as the show made clear by emphasizing his total lack of care for Sam and Baby. In my imaginary alt-season 10, Dean stayed a demon for the whole season, but was still fundamentally Dean in certain ways: imagine a Demon Dean who was brutally violent and lacked a moral compass, but was still intensely emotionally attached to Sam and perfectly happy to continue fighting the good fight, even if he fought it dirty :)

Back on topic... I can't wait to see how the boys react to Chuck next week. J&J's face-acting was phenomenal in the last scene of the episode - some mix of awe, fear, and hope. But once the first shock wears off a bit, I hope Dean gets time for some righteous anger, and Sam finally gets some validation in his long-battered faith. 

• Love 4

It did seem as if God had decided that he had saved the Winchesters enough times already (and think about the comment about rebuilding Castiel) that he figured enough was enough and he wasn't going to worry about them anymore so long as they didn't need to be protected to stop creation.  From his perspective Dean was fulfilling a necessary function and Sam chose his brother over the universe.  And it wasn't even to save him from death.

I feel like Chuck name dropping Demon!Dean after almost a year is important. Just like I thought the amulet and Chuck showing up in FF was going to end up being important. I don't know if it will come up this season again, but maybe next season. But it's there for a reason. 

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I feel like Chuck name dropping Demon!Dean after almost a year is important. Just like I thought the amulet and Chuck showing up in FF was going to end up being important. I don't know if it will come up this season again, but maybe next season. But it's there for a reason. 

I agree.  There's a reason that Demon!Dean was name dropped.

LOL I love Tippi TV she's hilarious.

http://tippitv.tumblr.com/post/144271768201/supernatural-tippitv-recap-11-20-dont-call-me

Except it’s not Chuck Shurley, it’s God! Except he’d rather we just call him Chuck. He shows his true form to Metatron, but not to us so I had to take a guess.

tumblr_inline_o717h7637l1scfcbp_500.jpg

“You’ll never guess where this thing has been this entire time,” Chuck laughs.

tumblr_inline_o717k0zQzJ1scfcbp_500.jpg

That nice deputy gets home and greets her new hubby, but then a fog rolls in before they can get romantic.tumblr_inline_o717m2k1IM1scfcbp_500.jpg

As she dies, she says something ominous about everything going away but Dean. Is he going to be the only character in Season 12?

tumblr_inline_o73089SjLJ1scfcbp_500.jpg

At the same time, Dean finds the amulet glowing in Sam’s jacket pocket.tumblr_inline_o730cb82TP1scfcbp_500.jpg

• Love 4

Gah! Had some comments written up, but lost them.  Hm...where was I?  

Upon rewatch last night, I didn't hate it as much as I originally did.  (Ha!Ha!  I went back and read my original comment and laughed at myself!  Wow.  I really didn't like it.  And probably overreacted a bit.  :)  )  Back then, I'd only seen up through S7, and I've watched all the later ones since then, so maybe that - and having already seen it/knowing what is coming - makes a difference.  I don't know - I wasn't as offended as first time around, so there's that.  I even liked parts of it.  Mainly the Sam and Dean parts, of course.  :)  Some extra thoughts:

• I'd forgotten about the dog in the beginning and was pleasantly surprised that boogertron gave the meat to the dog.  I was thinking, even watching it this time: Be Nice To The Dog.  As someone upthread commented, Dog=God backwards.  Also, still like the theory that the dog was actually God.  :)
  • The first scenes with Guck and Boogertron at Cheers were good and well done.  But still seemed to go downhill from there.  Also, still not on board with Chuck always being God.  I like the theory floated earlier that Chuck was Chuck until the end of Swan Song when God took over his meat suit.  Probably not canon, but I don't care.  There's too much unexplained that I can't handwave away if Guck was always God.  
  • On Dean gulping the Amarafog - this time through looked like he was testing to see if he would get infected (I think @catrox14 said this).  Which kind of makes sense to me.  Everyone else around him was already coughing/going rabid and he had to have noticed that he wasn't feeling anything out of ordinary.
  • On the Lucifer "wasn't a villain" - agree with whoever upthread said that Lucifer wasn't originally a villain when Guck gave him the mark.  I think one of the consequences of Lucifer having the mark was that he was turned into a villain.  (Only one of the consequences though - I think there was more to it also, like his pride, etc....)
  • I was also wondering about "the cure" when Sam and Dean retreated from the fog into the police station.  But then I just figured the holy oil jug was in Baby's trunk and he couldn't get to it right then.
On 5/5/2016 at 0:12 AM, Phebemarie said:

Metatron interrupted Chuck mid-amulet reveal just as the mystery of its whereabouts was going to be unveiled.  Does anyone else think that Sam had the amulet all along?  I found it interesting that Chuck re-luminated it just as Dean found it glowing in Sam's pocket.  

I don't remember having much of an opinion one way or the other on this the first time through, but now I think that it would be nice if Sam had it in his pocket.  (And yes, I saw the tweet from Jim Michaels about where it was and I am choosing to ignore that!).  We saw Sam praying earlier this season at least once, so knowing they were going up against God's sister, I can believe that Sam would carry it around, 'just in case' it did work.  

On 5/5/2016 at 9:12 AM, forum4idiots said:

****okay, so duct tape can't do everything...it can't stop the darkness from spreading, lol*****

Damn...wonder if they know that on The Red Green Show?  (Thanks for that link DittyDotDot!  I had a good laugh!)

On 5/5/2016 at 4:18 PM, catrox14 said:

LOL I was so confused by giant fans...I was like what would baseball or football fans do..OY VEY. LOL AT ME

Lol.  I did the same thing for a sec, reading it as 'Giants' fans'.  

ETA: Sam getting the little girl out of the car was all kinds of 'AWWWWW'  inspiring!

Edited by RulerofallIsurvey
We don't see enough of Sam with little kids...
  • Love 2

Something good finally happened to a dog on Supernatural! Proof that there's a God! I really like Rob Benedict's God. Right up there with Morgan Freeman and the guy from Joan of Arcadia. I love that "Don't Call Me Shurley" appears onscreen right after he says "Call me Chuck." "Dude, quit ironing my shirts with beer!" Chuck is so cute when he asks Metatron to write with him and tells him he's never going to be an angel again. "Who cares about her?" Nice subtle strokes of wrath or anger there. "You are neither grounded nor a person!" I love Metatron as a fanboy. Took them ten years to get Rolling Stones on here again, but I'm happy to hear it. I love when Sam and Dean can just mobilize a large group of civilians to take action. The deputy has a nice moment when she gets shot. "The light was just a lie...it's all going away. But not you, Dean." I like hearing that God loves Sam and Dean. And kept rebuilding Castiel. Sam saved a little girl! I love when they save kids. Ah, trying to stop the Darkness with duct tape. I absolutely love the freaked out little girl reaching out for Sammy and crying when the fog comes in and he falls down. They got so lucky with that freaked out toddler. Nice speech by Metatron about humanity. "You were going to choose Amara over me. Over everything." This is a good moment by Jensen and Jared. Also one of those moments where I'm like, "Okay, fine I get why people ship it." I'm glad they let Rob sing on the show. I like the theory that Sam did just have that pulled out of the trash when Dean through it away, which I'd never considered before. I mean, it kind of does sound like something Sam would do, just take it out of the trash and never tell Dean about it because Sam always has been the one with more faith in God. And it does go with the "you'll never believe where this has been" line. 

I enjoy this one, moreso than the first time I saw it. Sure it's kind of talky and Sam and Dean lite, but I don't mind the talk and I'm really glad to see Sam and Dean meet God and have everybody live for once. 

I love Rob Benedict and I really enjoy what happens with the character, but there's a part of me that will always be annoyed with pulling the "I'm a cruel, capricious god" card when he knew he was God, even if it was a retcon. 

• Love 3

Well about friggin time God showed up.  I'd heard he really was Chuck (or took him over), so that wasn't a surprise.

Nice try at redeeming Metatron, but not sure I really buy it.  He was pretty awful before.  But I guess he does know what makes a good story.  Some of those chapter headings were pretty funny.  "Why I don't answer prayer".  I'd probably read a book with actual answers.

And of course God helps out at the last possible moment, yet again, for the boys.

So time to save the world, Cas and the boys again.

• Love 1

I watched this episode on TNT a day or two ago, and just wanted to reiterate how much I loved this episode.

Rob Benedict and Curtis Armstrong were great here, in my opinion, and I loved the whole dynamic between the two. Charlie aside - since she got to be a bit too much later on, for me - I miss Robbie Thompson.

• Love 1

I seriously started quoting comments in this thread and got to something like 20 before deciding that the conversation here has been so robust, so interesting and so passionate that I can't even narrow down comments to guide my response to the episode. So, I will go about this from a clean slate.

I loved this episode so much. I really really loved it. On paper, it was a lot of talking and it featured Metatron, which are two major strikes in my book. But in practice I found it emotional, well-paced and engaging. I loved Chuck as God, a fan theory that I have seen floated around here for years. I, surprisingly, enjoyed Metatron. And the end, when all the people rose and the necklace began to glow? That had me crying.

So, here are my very delayed thoughts for anyone who cares to read them.

The Amulet: Look, one of the major differences between watching this show after the fact and watching it in real time is that I missed out on a lot of fan commentary. It is clear that this has become a particularly charged symbol for a lot of people. And to be clear, I love love love the passion of the fans of this show. I loved reading the different perspectives in this thread. Here are my thoughts on it, if anyone cares to read them, with the acknowledgement that there may be some bigger context I am missing.

• My initial reaction in the episode where it was discarded was that it was an intentional decision to send a message to Sam and/or to show Dean's despair. It was fascinating to me to see these different interpretations of the same action. I can't say mine is the correct one, but it was my interpretation at the time.
  • I don't think that Dean was wrong, and personally I don't see the amulet arc as a statement that he was wrong or bad to do what he did. In my opinion, he had the right to throw away the amulet, regardless of whether it was done in anger or hurt or just because he decided it was not useful. Even with the harshest interpretation, Dean was acting out of anger and sadness and despair. 
  • I think, at least in Dean's mind, when he threw it away it didn't have the meaning that fans have ascribed to it. I base that on Dean's words in Fan Fiction where he says: It never really worked. And, I don't need a symbol to remind me how I feel about my brother, so...
  • However, I don't think that means it doesn't have a different symbolism now, or that Sam's perspective wouldn't have been different or even that Dean might not have said something different at the time. 
  • In Fan Fiction he accepted it and he hung it and looked at his brother when he did it. So even if it didn't have that meaning to him, I think it was STILL a symbol of reunification. Of putting difficult times behind them. 
  • I personally thing Dean accepting and hanging the Amulet indicates that he accepted it as having meaning at that point, even if he didn't when he tossed it. That he saw it as a symbol of their love of one another. In the end, I actually love that he took the prop Amulet, so that it wasn't forced on him later by God. He accepted it first and used it as nonverbal communication with his brother.
  • When it showed back up here, it gutted me in a good way. It was particularly meaningful in a season where they seem to be moving past blaming one another and past their mistakes. Combined with the resurrections, it felt like it represented hope. 

Obviously, mileage necessarily varies on this but I loved it so hard.

The Smoke Inhalation This is another one that completely flummoxes me because so many people in this thread interpreted it as an attempt at suicide and I am an outlier because I saw something entirely different. To me, it was totally clear that he was realizing that he wasn't affected the same way as everyone else and he inhaled to see whether or not that held true. He wasn't inhaling because he was trying to die, he was inhaling to verify his impression that he was immune. This seemed entirely apparent to me and I was absolutely shocked to discover it was not interpreted that way by anyone else. Lol. To be clear, I am not saying I am correct. I am just saying it is so bizzare when people watch the same thing and see something totally different. I was so shocked, I wen't to see what the transcript says. FWIW, it says SAM continues grunting. DEAN inhales deeply and notices that the fog is not affecting him. He turns around and notices that the fog reached the people in the other room. DEAN becomes furious and screams at the sky. Combined with the I'm not leaving you line, it is very possible that I totally misinterpreted this, but it still isn't clear to me. Lol

Metatron I hate Metatron with the fire of a thousand suns, which is why I was surprised to find him downright interesting and likeable in this episode. I can live with a redemption arc for him, but I agree that Castiel would have been a more interesting watch in this situation. What I do find interesting is that despite continuing to be a "self-serving dickweasel" (thanks Catrox14), the change actually somewhat tracks. All of the angels are dicks who can't understand humans. It is clear they don't know and don't care about what it is to be human. I suspect Metatron would have claimed to have better insight because he had consumed so much media, but he still can't truly have understood until he lost his grace. Whether he has actually changed or whether he is playing along for his own purposes, he was far more interesting in this episode than he was when he was running around trying to be all powerful. If I am stuck with him showing up, I far prefer this version of him. 

Chuck I really really like the actor who plays Chuck. I actually thought Chuck as God worked really well within the bounds of this story. I particularly liked the way the wrote him to be fascinated, frustrated and a bit horrified by humanity. And that song at the end. Sigh.

Robbie Thompson I am sad to read this was his last episode. I really loved his work and I loved Charlie. I feel like he seemed to really "get it." Another reason to be sad about Charlie. 

The Darkness finally she does SOMETHING notable. She is way better than an incorporeal fog.

Stray observations

• Sam grabbing that baby out of the car, while a weird choice when you think about it (why wouldn't the parents grab the baby?) was absolutely adorable
  • Hooray for a dog that gets fed and safely transported to the safest place in the universe. 
  • I continue to find this season to be a homerun for me, despite not liking The Darkness. I am glad I didn't rage quit over Charlie. 

• Love 3

I think when you can watch the season straight through some threads appear that you miss watching live.  I think when you watch live you start trying to figure out where they might go and get invested in your vision or idea. 

When you don't have to wait, things that bothered those that watched it live...aren't an issue.  Some things the fans have gotten worked up about, I haven't cared too much and some of them yes.

Due to the now LOL cannon, you can create your own twist and be just as valid as the cannon story since they don't stick with anything anymore.

I'll have to watch season 11 straight through and see if I like it more than I did the first time.  I can say I miss Robbie.  He might have pushed hard on some of his favorites but he could tell a better story than many we have left now.

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, 7kstar said:

I think when you can watch the season straight through some threads appear that you miss watching live.  I think when you watch live you start trying to figure out where they might go and get invested in your vision or idea. 

When you don't have to wait, things that bothered those that watched it live...aren't an issue.  Some things the fans have gotten worked up about, I haven't cared too much and some of them yes.

Due to the now LOL cannon, you can create your own twist and be just as valid as the cannon story since they don't stick with anything anymore.

I'll have to watch season 11 straight through and see if I like it more than I did the first time.  I can say I miss Robbie.  He might have pushed hard on some of his favorites but he could tell a better story than many we have left now.

Agreed. It is a totally different experience to watch almost 11 seasons (so far) without a break. I do wonder what I would have been invested in, fan-theory wise, had I watched in real time. On the other hand, I do think I can sometimes afford to be easier on the bad episodes or the non-mytharc episodes because I don't have to wait. When I hate a storyline, I can just power through it. 

It has been really interesting to "catch up" to the live episodes. I am able to get a lot more insight into what fans were thinking and into real time reactions.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, The Companion said:

Metatron I hate Metatron with the fire of a thousand suns, which is why I was surprised to find him downright interesting and likeable in this episode. I can live with a redemption arc for him, but I agree that Castiel would have been a more interesting watch in this situation. What I do find interesting is that despite continuing to be a "self-serving dickweasel" (thanks Catrox14), the change actually somewhat tracks. All of the angels are dicks who can't understand humans. It is clear they don't know and don't care about what it is to be human. I suspect Metatron would have claimed to have better insight because he had consumed so much media, but he still can't truly have understood until he lost his grace. Whether he has actually changed or whether he is playing along for his own purposes, he was far more interesting in this episode than he was when he was running around trying to be all powerful. If I am stuck with him showing up, I far prefer this version of him. 

I think this is true and it is what I liked about Metatron's story here. Metatron really did think that he "understood" humanity more than the other angels because he read and watched all of their stories (heard in Metatron's voice), and thought he could give them what they wanted (someone to lead them.) After he lost his grace, though, then he really did learn what it was like to be human. It wasn't just words on a page, plots, schemes, and themes, written emotion, and entertainment. Metatron was forced to live it and feel it and see what the struggles and decisions he made were really like when there were consequences, and through that, the stories then became more meaningful, and he really could appreciate "God's creation" in a way that he only superficially did before.

I thought that that arc was well done because of the previous "in words only" aspect of it. Castiel, even from the  beginning, had some affection for humans, but he still considered himself from "a better club" after learning what it was to be human-ish for a while (in season 5). I think with Metatron and all of that history he absorbed, seeing it through new eyes really did give him a new appreciation, and because he was a bit of a jerk - and self-aware of that - his story for me landed a bit more solidly than say Castiel's wold have here. (Sadly Castiel isn't always the most self-aware being, in my opinion.***) So I liked the choice of Metatron here as Chuck's "conscience."

I considered that Metatron was playing along for his own purposes, but I think much of the change is real. He had a chance to eat when he was hungry, but instead gave the food he found to the dog. No one else was around, so he did it because he felt it. For me it was a telling moment.

2 hours ago, The Companion said:

I loved Chuck as God, a fan theory that I have seen floated around here for years. I, surprisingly, enjoyed Metatron. And the end, when all the people rose and the necklace began to glow? That had me crying.

That entire last scene with Chuck singing, the meaning of the words, Metatron figuring out what Chuck was going to do and his sadness, Dean staying with Sam for what they thought would be their last moments,* the people being revived and the necklace glowing ...was one of my favorite scenes of the entire series.

*** As in "My Bloody Valentine" with his (paraphrase) "I must be immune" and "I can stop any time I want."  Poor clueless Castiel.

Spoiler

And even still now with his Jack thing and not considering how Dean might feel about Jack killing Mary (*sigh*).

* For what it's worth, I agree with your interpretation of Dean's actions. I think he suspected that for whatever reason, he was okay, and he was taking that breath to confirm his suspicion like "Why am I not feeling this when my moose of a brother is? Am I immune? Maybe I didn't get enough? *Deep breath* Nope. I'm immune. ... crap Sam isn't..."

Edited by AwesomO4000
much needed spoiler tag - thanks, the companion!
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, AwesomO4000 said:

I think this is true and it is what I liked about Metatron's story here. Metatron really did think that he "understood" humanity more than the other angels because he read and watched all of their stories (heard in Metatron's voice), and thought he could give them what they wanted (someone to lead them.) After he lost his grace, though, then he really did learn what it was like to be human. It wasn't just words on a page, plots, schemes, and themes, written emotion, and entertainment. Metatron was forced to live it and feel it and see what the struggles and decisions he made were really like when there were consequences, and through that, the stories then became more meaningful, and he really could appreciate "God's creation" in a way that he only superficially did before.

I thought that that arc was well done because of the previous "in words only" aspect of it. Castiel, even from the  beginning, had some affection for humans, but he still considered himself from "a better club" after learning what it was to be human-ish for a while (in season 5). I think with Metatron and all of that history he absorbed, seeing it through new eyes really did give him a new appreciation, and because he was a bit of a jerk - and self-aware of that - his story for me landed a bit more solidly than say Castiel's wold have here. (Sadly Castiel isn't always the most self-aware being, in my opinion.***) So I liked the choice of Metatron here as Chuck's "conscience."

I considered that Metatron was playing along for his own purposes, but I think much of the change is real. He had a chance to eat when he was hungry, but instead gave the food he found to the dog. No one else was around, so he did it because he felt it. For me it was a telling moment.

You summarized what worked about the Metatron story better than I did and now I like it even more. I think you are spot on regarding the dog scene. When you think about it, stories would be a terrible way to understand how humans work. They are intentionally cultivated. It puts some perspective on even his prior actions.

Overall, such a well done episode.

Btw, I think some spoilers snuck into your post (re Castiel). I have actually been partially spoiled on the comment because google keeps pushing stories about Supernatural and the current season at me, but you may want to spoiler tag.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, The Companion said:

Btw, I think some spoilers snuck into your post (re Castiel). I have actually been partially spoiled on the comment because google keeps pushing stories about Supernatural and the current season at me, but you may want to spoiler tag.

Oops! You are right - sorry about that. I'll fix.

But hopefully not too much of a spoiler, because yeah, Castiel has generally been that way throughout the series. In other threads here - like Castiel's thread and the general thread - I've considered that quite a bit.

But thanks for the reminder (it's hard to remember about spoilers sometimes) - one spoiler tag coming up!

Also edited to add that - the good news and saving grace is that considering how much stuff is going to come up in the next few seasons - oh so much stuff - you'll likely forget about much of the spoilers by the time you get there.

Edited by AwesomO4000
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, AwesomO4000 said:

Oops! You are right - sorry about that. I'll fix.

But hopefully not too much of a spoiler, because yeah, Castiel has generally been that way throughout the series. In other threads here - like Castiel's thread and the general thread - I've considered that quite a bit.

But thanks for the reminder (it's hard to remember about spoilers sometimes) - one spoiler tag coming up!

I think the comment holds up through S11 for sure. It's a solid point.

• Love 1