Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E06: Bel Panto: Part 2

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

I might be out at 10 p.m., but I'm going to DVR the episode. Looks like fun . . . and Detectives Simmons and Key are back! How much you wanna bet that Mr. Rompers is Slater?

"kick your tits off."  Probably the best Pam line ever.

And the slow motion bean bag assault was great, too.

I wonder if we'll see the clown thieves again.  They probably won't be too happy about Archer killing one of their own.

Great end to a fun farce. Only downside about this season is that this might be the last time we'll see/hear Patton Oswalt being funny for some time. And Shapiro took a beanbag to the nuts for Veronica. He's duplicitous, but he did it out of love.

Honestly, the hostages-as-clowns gambit? Inspired. As was the Archer/Lana fight, and they didn't kill each other only because Pam revealed herself first.

• Love 1
(edited)

"Suck it, Bechdel Test." God, loved every minute of this one.

ETA: "Who the hell were they?!" about the JK Simmons and Keegan-Michael Key cops was my favorite reveal of the episode.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 1
(edited)
11 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Honestly, the hostages-as-clowns gambit? Inspired.

Yes, inspired by the Batman movies. It was pretty much lifted from The Dark Knight.

Edited by Joimiaroxeu
(edited)

Lana said: "Archer VERY average sized dick".  Classic Lana!  She just as bad as archer!  No wonder they like each other! 

Why does Lana hate that 50 year old actress so much? 

That bad guy clown Lana fought.  Complained about her huge strong hands!  Anyone else notice that? 

Archer got them paid!  But I think 500,000 in gold coins would even at today gold prices would take more than one small bag to give you your take! 

Edited by gwhh
5 minutes ago, gwhh said:

Archer got them paid!  But I think 500,000 in gold coins would even at today gold prices would take more than one small bag to give you your take! 

Probably but there is nothing like the image of handing someone a bag of gold.  Only thing that would have been better (or more on the nose) is the bag had dollar signs on it.  Also why does a guy who says he is broke have bags of gold in his desk?

14 hours ago, Galileo908 said:

"Suck it, Bechdel Test." God, loved every minute of this one.

ETA: "Who the hell were they?!" about the JK Simmons and Keegan-Michael Key cops was my favorite reveal of the episode.

I absolutely lost it at the Bechdel test

I loved Cheryl putting on clown makeup throughout the episode as though that would encourage one of the clowns to bang (or assault) her.  

And loved when Archer, Pam and Lana realized they were fighting each other and not the real clown baddies.

I will laugh if the coins aren't Kurregands but KREIGERands.  Didn't he have those when he was faking selling the coke online?  

• Love 1

So, I know that Cheryl was really into the hostage takers, that were dress up as clowns, but did anyone else thought that she was channeling Jack Nicholson's Joker with all that white makeup and red lipstick?

Yeah, the fight between Lana, Archer, and Pam was predictable but was awesome to see. 

The slow motion bean bag scene and seeing Patton Oswalt's character take one in the balls was hilariously funny and I loved that the next day that he still was nursing that wound with ice when he was talking about the bill with Archer. Plus, the gang this time kind of did the thing they were hired to and they actually got paid, in German gold coins! IMO, not bad for the Figgs Agency. 

• Love 1

Archer taking out one of the clowns is what he's expected to do, and Lana taking one out with her hands tied was BAMF. I really liked Pam getting in on it though and trying out her own catch phrase. 

Only downside about this season is that this might be the last time we'll see/hear Patton Oswalt being funny for some time.

I know I felt bad about it at the end of the episode.

So, these cops are the ones the find "Archer" dead in the pool right?

So, Keegan Michael-Key and J.K. Simmons might not actually be cops after-all, huh?  I wonder what is going on with those two characters.

Archer, Lana, and Pam dressed as clowns and getting into a big fight was perfect.

The slo-mo shoot-out with all the beanbags was great; especially Shapiro taking one in the balls for Veronica.  He might have been the cause of all this, but he really is completely devoted to Veronica.

Cheryl going as far as to try and turn herself into a clown with all that make-up was classic Cheryl!

• Love 1

I loved everything about this.  Anyone notice the state of the kitchen when Pam was done beating the Yellow clown?  Dude got fuckered up.

I did like how everyone assumed that Archer was the Green clown because of how shitty he was treating Cyril.

And despite all the nuttiness, they got the job done and got paid.  That bean bag fight through and everyone laughing at one another until they themselves got hit.  Seven seasons in and this show still has it.