Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: Blood on the Streets

• Start Topic

Or better... zombie El Chapo.  The one zombie who can never be caught, until he is interviewed by Sean Penn

.Kinda wish they could get Danny Trejo to play something in this dreck of a show.....He's at least not boring.Don't know why the El Chapo quote reminded me of Danny Trejo (whom I respect the heck out of), but it did. :)

• Love 1
(edited)

Wouldn't it be awesome if the Travis character was recast as Danny Trejo?  As soon as one of those annoying teenagers whine, he would smack the shit out of them.

Then he would have an awesome threesome with Madison, Ophelia, and Strand.

Speaking of Ophelia, it was nice that she actually got a couple of lines.  It feels like she felt as if she missed out on a lot in life by taking care of her parents pre-ZA?

Of course we can't expect this show to have interesting character development.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, SimoneS said:

I have to say that I don't get the praise for Frank Dillane. He/Nick reminds me of every single bland talentless young male lead on cable teen shows. IMO, the actor who plays Chris has more talent and has the potential to develop into a strong younger lead. 

I like Nick a lot, and it's because he is exactly what Strand said - a survivor.  He is the only one of these people that seems to "get it" that life is over as they know it, and it's time for some unnatural acts to survive.  He's also not squeamish about it.  The actor, to me, seems "all in" and I never feel the need to punch him.

Chris is ok; he seems super mopey to me which is not very exciting and sometimes makes me want to punch him.  But he's growing in his own way as they discover more and more what life is like now. 

Alicia, on the other hand?  I always want to punch her for her stupidity and it has nothing to do with her perfectly fluffy, freshly washed hair.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, JackONeill said:

I bet Chris (of all the kids) will be the first one to take a human life. 

Nick was already first - he killed his buddy the drug dealer last season (and then ran over his zombie).

• Love 2
1 hour ago, izabella said:

I like Nick a lot, and it's because he is exactly what Strand said - a survivor.  He is the only one of these people that seems to "get it" that life is over as they know it, and it's time for some unnatural acts to survive.  He's also not squeamish about it.  The actor, to me, seems "all in" and I never feel the need to punch him.

Chris is ok; he seems super mopey to me which is not very exciting and sometimes makes me want to punch him.  But he's growing in his own way as they discover more and more what life is like now. 

Alicia, on the other hand?  I always want to punch her for her stupidity and it has nothing to do with her perfectly fluffy, freshly washed hair.

I get a big kick out of Nick, and he's probably my favorite now.  I loved him going through the luggage - putting on the floppy hat and saving a crucifix for Ofelia.  And of course Nick would wear the pilot's shirt and it was cute that Alicia knew he would want to. 

He reminds me of Daryl from TWD.  A sub-par human being pre-ZA, but actually made for what comes after.   Nick has really stepped up this season.  He's shown love and concern for Chris and Ofelia.  He's Strand's right hand man and it's fascinating that the very person who was destroying his family in the past is the guy saving their asses now.  Strand saw something in him and its seemed to have given him value. 

I also like that Maddie went from Strand's biggest critic and sparring partner to the person who fights to save him.  I feel like the cast is starting to gel as a whole.  Not up to CDB level, but they are caring for and saving each other. 

I liked the episode.  I guess it's this shows' version of Guts.  It will be a while - if ever - to catch up to the level of TWD, but there was strong source material for that show.   

1 hour ago, JackONeill said:

I bet Chris (of all the kids) will be the first one to take a human life. 

Isn't that what Chris did this episode?  It was a mercy killing and the guy was begging for it.  He was afraid when the Pirates showed up and even though he was asking if he should shoot, he didn't. 

Sorry if I'm mixing this episode with last.  I watched them back to back, which actually really worked. 

• Love 1
23 hours ago, henripootel said:

This show, maybe.  I was camping in southern africa and out hiking around, my guide showed me a place on the river they called 'Crocodile Beach'.  I declined a dip but a few days later some kid from New York decided to swim across.  He got half-way.  His dad put up such a reward for his body that the locals scoured the river and actually found him, well, much of him, a week later about a mile down river.  I swung back through the area resupplying and there was this pickup parked in the hot sun, all by itself in the middle of the village.  I got within 300 feet and didn't have to ask what was in the back.  Poor bastard, but you should always think twice about swimming at a such a spot.

Generally speaking (as a native from the area), it's never a good idea to go swimming in any river in southern Africa because of the wildlife there. Life tip for everyone :)

Has Nick already gone through his withdrawal and I just missed it?

• Love 1

Have you seen this movie: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4511566/

My hubby and I found this on netflix, got curious LOL even though it got 1 star, "let's see how the Seals deal with the zombies"

it was weird because the title was Navy Seals: The Battle for New Orleans but the location was Baton Rouge

and in imdb it has a different title. I'm not recommending this but if you want to see it's on netflix lol

anyways, we didn't see the naval base on this show

and are they close to the border now?

23 hours ago, kdm07 said:

Has Nick already gone through his withdrawal and I just missed it?

He went through a Reader's Digest abridged withdrawal when he was in the military lockup with Strand back in S1Ep5.  His junkie "withdrawal" was more like a touch of a 24 hour flu.

• Love 1

People. This forum and this thread is to discuss FEAR The Walking Dead, NOT The Walking Dead. Two different shows.

With this upgrade, there are no more pinned at the top notes to draw your attention, but this thread is to discuss the episode. It is NOT to discuss or draw comparisons to anything that has to do with The Walking Dead. If you want to compare the shows, do it HERE.

A lot of you here I recognize as members who also discuss TWD....

You know Those Rules Over in the Walking Dead Forums.....??  Guess What? The Exact Same Rules Apply Here.

___________________________________

DO NOT Post Spoilers
                                                DO NOT DISCUSS The Walking Dead In This Thread.
                                                  DO NOT DISCUSS The Talking Dead in This Thread.
                                                            ____________________________________

I've removed or edited a ton of posts that broke these rules. Watch the posts. Thank you.

• Love 2

Oh, Halcyon.  I was going to argue that this show is so painfully disjointed and clunky that any clarification from reference to other WD universe situations or footnotes from TD guests would probably just benefit and enhance the discussion.  There's no source material out there to spoil anything.

But then you got an upthumb for the purge while I was composing my appeal, so, ha, never mind.

: )

• Love 2
5 hours ago, candall said:

Oh, Halcyon.  I was going to argue that this show is so painfully disjointed and clunky that any clarification from reference to other WD universe situations or footnotes from TD guests would probably just benefit and enhance the discussion.  There's no source material out there to spoil anything.

But then you got an upthumb for the purge while I was composing my appeal, so, ha, never mind.

: )

You're killing me, candall...you are truly killing me...(but made me laugh)....Must this be so difficult *le sigh*

• Love 1

My favorite part was Louis finally calling out the Ungrateful Dead for always shit talking Strand.

"We don't need Strand"

"Well he didn't need you either but here you are"

Louis for the win!

• Love 3
On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 0:04 PM, qtpye said:

Or better... zombie El Chapo.  The one zombie who can never be caught, until he is interviewed by Sean Penn.

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 0:07 PM, JackONeill said:

A zombie Sean Penn.

This is when I love you guys! 

Jesse McCarthy does not play Jack - he's played by Daniel Zovatto - http://www.imdb.com/name/nm4683167/

Because the writers were writing for both the Walking Dead and Fear the Walking Dead - more energy was put into the hit Walking Dead.

Due to the expense of not only hiring actors to play the zombies but the money spent in making them look like Zombies - they use that aspect as little as possible. Most discussion boards and blogs of true Walking Dead fans really hate what little effort has been put into Fear the Walking Dead and the lack of explaining to the fans what really happened.

The writers unfortunately were given a great premise for the show - but if you can't concentrate on it to develope it fully and the money isn't there to stage it properly - they might as well have just canned it.

The Live + 3 Cable Ratings are in for "Blood on the Streets":

"Fear the Walking Dead" has a 3.3 in 18-49 after three days and had the week's biggest growth in both adults 18-49 (+1.2) and viewers (+2.16 million). [6.958 million viewers]

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2016/05/08/cable-live-3-ratings-april-25-may-1-game-of-thrones-fear-the-walking-dead-on-top-again/

Here are both the Live + SD and Live + 3 ratings for Season 2 so far:

04-10-16 “Monster” 6.674 million; Live +3 8.826 million
04-17-16 “We All Fall Down” 5.581 million; Live +3 7.781 million
04-24-16 “Ouroboros” 4.726 million; Live +3 6.995 million
05-01-16 “Blood on the Streets” 4.803 million; Live + 3 6.958 million

The Live +7 Ratings are in for "Blood on the Streets":

"Game of Thrones" had the highest 18-49 rating in Live +7 for the week of April 25-May 1, but "Fear the Walking Dead" closed the gap a little from the same-day tally.

The AMC show had the biggest gains of the week, growing by 1.4 points in adults 18-49 (2.1 to 3.5) and by 2.61 million viewers. [7.408 million]

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2016/05/17/cable-live-7-ratings-april-25-may-1-2016/