Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Kimmy Drives a Car!

Loved all the digs at the hipsters. And we got to see Lillian's husband (who's played by Kenan Thompson lmao).

I think so far this season is doing a really good job of taking the characters we thought we knew in season one and delving even deeper into them.

There better be a lot of adventures that Kimmy has as an Uber driver.

• Love 3

Not Texans, they're from Austin! Also, hi Shoshanna from Girls! Weird seeing you here. 

I would watch a show about malfunctioning Chuckie Cheese automatons doing an episode of full house. Its like Friday Night At Freddy's with a laugh track. That sounds awesome. 

Season just keeps being awesome. 

• Love 6

I have no idea how the New York jokes are playing to people who don't live here, but between the sneaker emporium at the dairy case at Key Foods, and the digs at the Second Avenue Subway finally opening this December after having been planned for 97 years and under construction for 44, they're going for some really deep cuts.

• Love 5

Oh man yes the Second Avenue Subway jokes. I interned for the New York City Council last summer in the district where the subway is going (District 5) and we got constant complaints about construction, very many "when is it going to be done" phone calls. I also think of the Mad Men episode where Peggy is looking for an apartment on the Upper East Side and the realtor uses the "almost-completed" Second Avenue Subway as a selling point that would make the value of the unit she's looking at skyrocket in price when she decided to sell it. That episode took place in 1968.

So now I want the SAS to be completed on time for Lillian's sake. She deserves it! All of us who have/had to put up with the rush hour traffic on the Lexington Avenue line deserve it!

The ongoing Mentos bit had me crying with laughter.

Maybe I'm a hipster, but that Full House with Chuck E. Cheese automatons sounds just crazy enough that I think it would actually be really cool.

I hope Kimmy continues to drive for Uber. I can just imagine some of the crazy plot lines she could have. It's not something I hope they'll refer back to a lot, but every now and then, it could make for a great gag.

• Love 5

I'm just wondering if it was a lucky guess that the receptionist's feet were the same size as Jacqueline's.  Louboutins are made small. 

At least we got a Mentos/Coke sight gag.

• Love 1

This episode was at a Arrested Development/His Girl Friday level in terms of comic lines/bits per minute density.  And the Mentos were woven into the storyline with the inspiration of a great Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Genius.

Edited by Sentient Meat
  • Love 1

Yes, the Mentos stuff was hilarious, but the press on nails as a tooth was pretty damn funny to me also.

And Wolfman/Werewolf Titus is always awesome.

• Love 1

Chuckie Cheese automations doing episodes of Full House was so hilarious, yet I can kind of see that actually happening in NYC.  It seems like nothing is off the tables in that city!

Love the ongoing battle between Lillian and hipsters possibly changing the area, and Titus getting involved, after the pawn shop where they first met kind turned into a vapor store.  I know hipsters are an easy target at times, but it fits Lillian and Titus' characters perfectly to dislike them.

Glad Kimmy finally stood up for herself against Jacqueline, and Jacqueline herself seems to actually realize she was wrong, and will work on changing it.  I'm sure she'll still be extremely vain and self-centered in a lot of ways, but I do/hope that she will be more respectful to Kimmy going forward.

Kenan Thompson playing Lillian's late husband in the flashback was a fun touch.

Sad that Kimmy lost her job as an elf, but I can see a lot of comedic potential over her being an Uber driver.

• Love 1

Meh. Too much of a typical sitcom for me this episode. I like when they really get weird. I'm OK with ditching the Christmas store for being an Uber driver. It's probably cheaper to film and they'll be able to get a lot of different actors in.

• Love 1