Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: Kimmy Goes on a Playdate!

Kimmy: "What do I call you now?"

Jacqueline: "Ms. White, it's my Sioux name that was given to us by a sarcastic census taker in the 1920s."

I always love seeing Anna Camp. She's fantastic in everything I've seen.

So many great sight gags. "The Salvation Coast Guard!" "Coming Soon: 9 Banks!""Chuck Lorre wrote that song." Kimmy's photos of her in the park getting attacked by a squirrel. The Tilda Swinton pick-up truck. 

Jacqueline: "I went to a playdate once where the kids got to run the Greek economy."

I loved everything about the completely inappropriate Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles playdate. The tortoise shells from the Galapagos. Kimmy lifting up the manhole cover. 

I already ship Titus and the construction worker. He's freaking adorable.

I really love the relationship between Xan and Kimmy. Her utter disdain for Kimmy is wonderful. 

• Love 7

I thought this episode was firing on all cylinders. As mentioned above, so many good sight gags and one-liners. Just as I was finishing I already couldn't wait to rewatch it.

The TMNT playdate had me in in stitches. "Really? That's still a thing?" And then Jacqueline's reaction to Kimmy lifting the manhole cover. "She shouldn't be able to do that."

Anna Camp! Xanthippe! Xan wasn't in any of the trailers so I was worried we wouldn't see her come back. She is the perfect foil/antagonist for Kimmy. Not only is she about the same age as Kimmy was when she was tooken, but she also represents the whole chunk of time that Kimmy missed while she was in the bunker (Kimmy was gone for 15 years, Xan was 15 when the show started).

Also, bunker flashbacks!

I thought the first episode was ok, but this is the show really back into its usual groove.

• Love 2

The kids wearing actual turtle shells during the TMNT play date was hilarious! I love when we get to see glimpses of the insane life that Buckley leads. I also love that Jacqueline had a separate box designated for playdate wine.

Normally, Mr. EB and I say that most pizza is good pizza but I'd have to pass on sewer pizza.

• Love 2

The TMNT playdate had me in in stitches. "Really? That's still a thing?" And then Jacqueline's reaction to Kimmy lifting the manhole cover. "She shouldn't be able to do that."

Me too! And as someone whose brother was OBSESSED with TMNT as a kid, I can't believe they're still a thing. (My mother couldn't believe they were a thing back then. I remember a dinner party where the adults were talking about them and they were like, "some kids dreamt up this nonsense [subtext that my too-young self missed at the time: "while high"] in their dorm room and are laughing all the way to the bank.") I also cracked up at them crawling over the guy in the town car and out the other side.

I like Anna Camp, and I was like "Huh" when she said she has a 150 IQ and now all she does is pick out dog stationery, so she was keen to start some shit so she'd have something to do. I've always thought that I could never lead a Real Housewives lifestyle, so that actually made sense to me.

• Love 5

I really love the relationship between Xan and Kimmy. Her utter disdain for Kimmy is wonderful. 

I think they're probably closer to frenemies.  When Kimmy pointed out that she actually had successfully gotten Xan to say goodbye to the townhouse, she had a a tiny expression of something that looked like gratitude.

For a show that--for all its absurd humor--is mostly about how you can survive anything, it was a nice moment.

• Love 5

Anna Camp is just so good, I was thrilled to see her and her perfect hair. She plays "Type A blond on the verge of a breakdown" to absolute perfection. 

I could not stop laughing about Kimmy being amazed that TMNT is still a thing. Its amazing the stuff that sticks around. 

The return of the construction worker was a perfect bit of continuity. 

• Love 5

I like Anna Camp, and I was like "Huh" when she said she has a 150 IQ and now all she does is pick out dog stationery, so she was keen to start some shit so she'd have something to do. I've always thought that I could never lead a Real Housewives lifestyle, so that actually made sense to me.

There was that 30 Rock episode where the real housewives occupy their time by starting a fight club to still feel alive.

Anna Camp is the greatest!  Even in something as silly and dumb as True Blood, she can be so hilarious and spot-on as a Queen B-type character. Perfect choice for Deirdre.  Just perfect.

This might actually be one of my favorite episodes of the series so far.  I loved all the stuff with Kimmy/Jacqueline/Deirdre, Titus and Lillian, and the return of Xan, and the rivalry between her and Kimmy.  I loved how Kimmy ended up "solving" things, by just making Xan hate everything about the house, right down to throwing up in the place where she had her first kiss.  So wrong, but so Kimmy!

Totally didn't not expect them to bring back the construction worker from last season.  I like that he might be a potential love interest for Titus.  If nothing else, he gets major points for that awesome Tilda Swinton painting on his truck!

The flashback to the bunker was a great bit too.

As someone who wasn't a fan of Interstellar, I liked the jokes at that film's expense.  At times, I felt like I deserved a trophy for sitting through all that crap.

• Love 1

Great episode. 

I hope they keep using Anna Camp's character. 

I thought the Xan stuff was a little too cliched actually.

Wait, the construction worker was from last season?

I'm curious how this show will hold up with the topical jokes.