Type keyword(s) to search

The Star Wars Saga

Joe
  • Start Topic

50 minutes ago, DoctorAtomic said:

How did they all know so fast?

Yea the whole galaxy celebrating right away doesn't really work for me. Since even with the Emperor and Vader and everyone on the Death Star dead there would still be a ton of imperial officials and loyal storm troopers who would be hanging on to power, and maybe trying to grab more.

• Like 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

Obviously they sensed a great disturbance in the Force.

Plus all of the Imperials stationed on the various planets apparently packed up and left the instant they heard the news instead of trying to seize power or anything like that.

Edited by baldryanr
  • Like 1
On 9/13/2024 at 5:17 PM, Spartan Girl said:

Don’t judge me, but when I was a little kid, I honestly thought he was called “Dark Vader.” It took me a long time to get it right as Darth Vader.

And this was before I even heard of Spaceballs.

Mel Brooks Comedy GIF

So it went over your helmet?

• LOL 3
(edited)

So to I remembered this quote from TESB director Irvin Kirshner from a 1990 magazine interview:

"But that story point was kept a secret. We didn’t even have that in the script. Nobody knew that, not even the actors. I had a page that I took when I was in California that was a substitute page for the scene when Luke is screaming at Vader and hanging on to that pole. Those words were put away in my book and when it came time to shoot, I explained it to Mark. But when he was saying, “No, no, I don’t believe it!” Darth Vader was saying totally different things than what you hear in the film. He wasn’t saying, “I am your father! We’ll rule the galaxy together!

He was saying, “You’re going to do what I say!” (Laughter) So he had totally different lines. Then, when we went to put it together, we put the real words in. But Mark knew because I told him ahead of time. I told him he was Vader’s son and he thought it was great. And he acted it magnificently! He was hanging there by a nylon cord over 40 feet of nothing with wind blowing at him. I had fans and smoke aimed right at him. It was really quite dangerous — I worried about it. And I think he was worried about it, too, and that’s what made it so effective.

When I went to the Command Performance in England of The Empire Strikes Back, in back of me was sitting David Prowse who was the body of Darth Vader.

When the scene came on where Vader says, “I am your father,” David hit me on the head! (Laughter) He leaned over and said, “Why didn’t you tell me! I would’ve acted it differently!” (Laughter) David wasn’t the voice of Darth Vader but he sure walked right! I tell you: body language is so important."

I rewatched that scene and I noticed Vader moves his head down when he says "I". On the set Prowse said the fake line "No, Obi-Wan killed your father." Try saying it and your head goes down on "Wan". If he had really said "I" his head would have gone back!

Edited by Fool to cry
  • Like 1
12 hours ago, DoctorAtomic said:

Joking aside, Star Wars has instantaneous interstellar communications. IIRC, it first pops up in TPM. Certainly in AOTC.