Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

(edited)
5 hours ago, ulkis said:

From a detached point of view, I just don't see how she is fine to come back to the show. She was deteriorating on-screen for months. She still imo looks frail and tired. Whatever the problem with her was, ultimately, mentally she was in a bad place. Maybe she will still be working on whatever was going on while she is on the show, but that seems like . . . not a good idea. I don't know.

But what does soon-ish mean? Next week, next month? 

I think they film 6 weeks ahead of airing. So if Kst starts filming at the end of the month, we won't see Maxie back till July. Alternately, they could have her film for just a day to explain why Maxie is out for so long. Say she's back in PC, finds him with Amy, or assumes he's cheating, and leaves again for Portland to take some time to think or whatever. 

I do have to say, that whatever is up with her, Kirsten is looking so much better now. I hope she continues heading in that direction. 

Edited by Vera

I'm guessing soonish means a couple of weeks till she's back to taping, so until Maxie actually shows up on screen it'll probably be two months or so.

3 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

Brava to Genie for allowing that hair! JE's is pretty big for her, too. Love it! 

Neither have changed that much since that picture. Amazing.

What's nice about them not changing that much is they are also two who haven't had any work done. Well, I can't swear Genie hasn't but it doesn't seem she has. These two seem to be two of the only GH women who learned from being in the presence of the gorgeous Anna Lee that aging doesn't mean you grow unattractive. They're also two mature actresses who aren't emaciated. They like a meal. (Also, I miss the 80s. I like big hair, and I cannot lie.)

I'm reposting the photo, just cuz...

• Love 5
37 minutes ago, ulkis said:

To be fair to other actress, JE has great bone structure. That helps a lot.

You're right, of course. But I'm thinking of actresses who have overdone it (because, I understand this -- I really do -- they wanted to keep working), and Leslie Charleson and Jacklyn Zeman (and, imo Lauren Koslow and Deidre Hall, who is JE's dear friend) have ruined their looks with injections (not so much Botox itself, but the fillers like Restylane and Juvederm, which make their faces bloat).  

I honestly think that, where GH is concerned, LC and JZ would be working more, if they hadn't jacked up their faces (and granted, I believe those two also had surgical procedures done, which is what really harmed them, above and beyond receiving injections). 

• Love 1

Genie also shared this picture today, on Twitter. Their hair is less extreme, but they're still gorgeous. I was so happy, last week, when, during Tracy's "trial" they replayed the video of Tracy refusing Edward his heart meds. I was a very little girl when that aired and it rocked my world. I was a good kid. I couldn't conceive on someone doing something like that. I thought Tracy was deplorable -- and yet, I wanted more. 

Anyhow, here's the Jane and Genie pic.

• Love 6

I loved that clip of Tracy (with a spiked 'do) and Monica rocking out at what I assume was a long-ago Nurses Ball. Does anyone have any info on that, or even the whole clip? Thanks in advance!

On 5/5/2017 at 1:01 PM, TheMediaHo said:

I loved that clip of Tracy (with a spiked 'do) and Monica rocking out at what I assume was a long-ago Nurses Ball. Does anyone have any info on that, or even the whole clip? Thanks in advance!

It was only two years ago. And it featured epiphany singing lead. I actually thought it was rather dreadful. The edited clip made it look much better.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Sake614 said:

It was only two years ago. And it featured epiphany singing lead. I actually thought it was rather dreadful. The edited clip made it look much better.

Four years ago, actually--it's from 2013.

• Love 1

A lil off-topic, but a writer/soap fan friend of mine got an offer to write for Celebrity Dirty Laundry covering GH. I heard many bad things about the site on here and around the internet and I tried to warn him that the site is not really reputable. What else do any of you know about the site that I can pass on to him? Thanks in advance. I'm a bit worried.

4 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Tell your friend that CDL is the equivalent of that old tabloid, Weekly World News. You know, Alien Marries Elvis in Peoria type of thing.

8 hours ago, ulkis said:

I mean, there's not really much to say expect they consistently post false spoilers.

Thanks, y'all! I'll pass it on. He told me that even though he was hired it has been like pulling teeth to get a start date or any info from them. They sound pretty pathetic already.

10 hours ago, Hope4Soaps said:

A lil off-topic, but a writer/soap fan friend of mine got an offer to write for Celebrity Dirty Laundry covering GH. I heard many bad things about the site on here and around the internet and I tried to warn him that the site is not really reputable. What else do any of you know about the site that I can pass on to him? Thanks in advance. I'm a bit worried.

I also think they're one of those sites that pays upon clicks or page hits. It's a writer exploitation site. Tell you friend to steer clear.

Or do the work under an pseudonym so employment there doesn't reflect badly on anything else he does. 

Although, the need for a pseudonym should be a deterrent all on its own

(edited)

This year will be extra special, as we’ll have several tribute performances honoring the work of contemporary artists who have recently passed away, including David Bowie,” said Frank Valentini, executive producer, General Hospital. 

it's like the Nurses Ball version of crypt sex.

http://www.disneyabcpress.com/abc/pressrelease/general-hospital-intrigue-excitement-and-glamour-when-general-hospitals-nurses-ball-sponsored-by-burts-bees-returns-may-22-on-abc/

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 4

This year, multi-talented actor and “Extra” host Mario Lopez (“Dancing with the Stars,” “iHeartRadio Countdown with Mario Lopez,” “Holiday in Handcuffs”) will make his Nurses Ball official red-carpet debut alongside Port Charles’ media maven, Nina Clay-Cassadine (Michelle Stafford), as they welcome viewers into what promises to be a most memorable night. In addition to the gorgeous gowns and elegant tuxedos, viewers can expect to see some familiar faces and surprise cameos when, among others, KABC Los Angeles entertainment reporter George Pennacchio returns to the red carpet for a fifth time.

Is George Pennacchio the guy who plays Felix's off-screen boyfriend Donny?  Or will Donny remain completely invisible this year in favor of Mario Lopez?

19 minutes ago, ulkis said:

This year will be extra special, as we’ll have several tribute performances honoring the work of contemporary artists who have recently passed away, including David Bowie,” said Frank Valentini, executive producer, General Hospital. 

It's been a year since he died. They're just now getting around to a tribute? LOL.

• Love 1
(edited)
6 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

She and Dr. O will perform together, I hope.

Fingers crossed for the "Anything you can do, I can do better" song!

This year's ball sounds cringier than ever.  It sounds like Frank and co. are really straining to be cool, which is always a mistake.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

It's been a year since he died. They're just now getting around to a tribute? LOL.

OVER a year since he died, at that--he died on January 10th, 2016. 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, ulkis said:

Okay, JP is not a great headwriter, but failing to recognize one of the Danny actors isn't one of the reasons why.

Especially because the babies get recast all the time. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Listen I'm not even going to pretend like I'm not excited for the Nurse's Ball. It does sound like it's going to be real bad this year though. But hey I do like really bad when it's funny, so here's hoping it's the good kind of bad!

Edited by peachmangosteen

I got yelled at once when OLTL 2.0 on Hulu recast the babies playing John and Natalie's son after the show had been off the air for a year. Literally, people were pissed the babies were gone and mad when I said I didn't give a shit.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ulkis said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/fyeahsoaps/status/861672439100563456

Okay, JP is not a great headwriter, but failing to recognize one of the Danny actors isn't one of the reasons why.

Who cares about any version of Danny? That kid has been out of place since Day 1. (Warning UO: JaSam never should have had kids).

10 minutes ago, jsbt said:

I got yelled at once when OLTL 2.0 on Hulu recast the babies playing John and Natalie's son after the show had been off the air for a year. Literally, people were pissed the babies were gone and mad when I said I didn't give a shit.

LMAO.

• Love 1

Honestly, I think I'd recognize pictures of most of the GH soap babies (and a fair number of the ABC soap babies) - except Leo, I have no idea what that kid looks like. It helped that Guza didn't just throw babies at every woman on the show for no fuckin' reason

• Love 3
(edited)
6 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Listen I'm not even going to pretend like I'm not excited for the Nurse's Ball. It does sound like it's going to be real bad this year though. But hey I do like really bad when it's funny, so here's hoping it's the good kind of bad!

I was thinking it sounds right up your alley.

6 hours ago, Oracle42 said:

Wasn't that kid 3 Danny's ago?

He was the original (and by far the cutest) Danny IMO. I don't really acknowledge Danny anymore since that cute baby left. And I don't even really care about Jasam. I just thought this baby was adorable.

But yeah, whatever. Who even cares at this point?

Edited by tvgoddess
  • Love 1
(edited)
13 hours ago, jsbt said:

Overall I see your point, but I also remember how cute the babies (they were twins) Liam at the end of ABC!OLTL was, and how much a bunch of us loved him. Their facial expressions were great. But at that point they would have been a year and a half/two years older, so they would have probably not have had the same reactions by then, anyway.

7 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

He was the original (and by far the cutest) Danny IMO. I don't really acknowledge Danny anymore since that cute baby left. And I don't even really care about Jasam. I just thought this baby was adorable.

It does seem weird, but what can I say? Some babies stand out more than others. :) (No, I'm not with those on that Twitter message; don't worry!)

But I will ALWAYS remember the original Danny babies, too. Didn't they leave in part because Kelly thought they moved around too much/made too much noise or something like that? Like they were interrupting scenes or something? I swear I remember hearing that. 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 2
(edited)
10 hours ago, tvgoddess said:

LMAO exactly. And yet here I still am, watching and commenting every single day. I hate myself!

ETA: Nurses Ball red carpet photos. I'm not really a fan of any of their looks tbh. Oh, except Curtis. He looks fine as fuck. Also, BM's smile continues to amuse.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 4

I don't like the fabric of KeMo's dress, but the color is really good on her. The print of Risa Dorken's (Amy) dress is wonderful. LOL that JZ is in pink scrubs. Is Bobbie not walking the red carpet? Is this how Frank is saving money? Oof.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

The print of Risa Dorken's (Amy) dress is wonderful. 

I like it, too. Her's is probably my fave dress.

I loled at Bobbie having scrubs on. How rude!

I like BH's dress, but I hate when they do her hair that way. It just makes her head look bigger than it already looks.

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, UYI said:

Overall I see your point, but I also remember how cute the babies (they were twins) Liam at the end of ABC!OLTL was, and how much a bunch of us loved him.

They're soap babies. They get recast. It happens everyday. You know who played one of the first little baby Jacks on OLTL? The little kid from Insidious, Iron Man 3, Jurassic World. He got recast too! It's babies!

Here's a topical comment: Remember when one day little toddler Spencer just turned up Latin? That kid didn't last long. Do they still have that kid Danny who doesn't talk too much?

Vinessa Antoine and Donnell Turner look as surprised to still be on the show as I am to see them! They are talented but good grief, the show could not give a fuck. More blondes! Interchangeable Josslyns! Lulu's magic rape kid is a blonde! Even Nurse Amy is a blonde. Did they ship off Valerie yet?

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 2