Type keyword(s) to search

GH In The News: The PC Press Club

• Start Topic

18 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Hopefully Duke tells Anna to move on. I can't take her sobbing over him any longer.

"Try to get back with Robert, darling.   I've got some time to kill here in Purgatory, and I've been thinking ... as annoying as I found him while I was alive, he really was your best match.  I mean, I just basically messed up your life repeatedly."

• Love 16
(edited)

As someone who wasn't watching during his heyday, I liked Duke and Duke with Anna quite a bit after she rescued him from Faison, but it's like the show bit by bit destroyed everything I liked about him - first by covering for Sonny re: AJ's murder, then by turning on Anna and actively running the mob, and now by being over sanctified in death and used to prop up a newbie.  It's the same kind of deal with Heather whereas now I'm dreading these returns when, at one point, I probably would have been excited.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 10

If anyone hasn't seen it yet, here is the 2016 Daytime Emmys in full. I can't BELIEVE that GH won best show. Shame on FV for giving all the credit to LW and MB. He even forgot his former butt buddy RC and added him only as an afterthought, LOL!

5 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

I guess they've said his name enough times that they invoked him Beetlejuice style because Duke/Ian Buchanan's coming back for what I presume is a ghostly visit:

http://abc.soapsindepth.com/posts/gh-general-hospital-ian-buchanan-return-100996

What fans were asking for Duke to return?  Everytime they do this shit, I'm like no.  The only return I want I'll never get, so I no longer care.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Chairperson Meow said:

What fans were asking for Duke to return?  Everytime they do this shit, I'm like no.  The only return I want I'll never get, so I no longer care.  

I think they are trying to placate the angry Duke and Duke / Anna fans, and I think a lot do exist and they are rightfully pissed at how this ended up and the shit they were lured back for.  

If this is what it takes to move Anna on from this shit story she's been trapped in for a year, fine by me.  Bring on the ghost Duke!

And none of this is IB's fault - I've never heard anything other than that he's likable and does his job even when the writing for his character is humiliating / character-destroying (on this and other soaps).  Enjoy your paycheck, Ian!  

• Love 8

I like IB a lot, I do.  I loved him on B&B (especially since his character was the one who Taylor did the cheating with...burn, Ridge! ) But this last run and this justice for Duke crap is terrible.   He's better than that.   He's better than being a mafia cat.  

• Love 5
(edited)

I just wish he was on the new Twin Peaks reprising this classic role (click that). Sadly he doesn't appear to be. Seriously, I love his Dick. 

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, jsbt said:

I just wish he was on the new Twin Peaks reprising this classic role (click that). Sadly he doesn't appear to be. Seriously, I love his Dick. 

Oh man he's not gonna be in it?! I thought he was. What a mistake!

• Love 2

from soaps in depth, via a recapper at SZ:

"Michael Easton says he nearly hung up the phone when he was told he'd be playing a doctor again. LOL"

I'll leave others to comment.

ETA: Sorry about all the quotes with no quotes inside them guys. I change my mind a lot and then next time I come to post it won't let me get rid of the quote I was going to post but then changed my mind about. grrrr.

• Love 4

ETA: Sorry about all the quotes with no quotes inside them guys. I change my mind a lot and then next time I come to post it won't let me get rid of the quote I was going to post but then changed my mind about. grrrr.

ulkis, there's a way to get rid of the quotes, but I had to play around with it so I don't remember exactly how to do it. If I remember, I'll let you know.

Sounds like the accident wasn't Brydog's fault, but I sure was thinking that before I clicked on the link and the other one I saw.

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, OnceSane said:

Sounds like the accident wasn't Brydog's fault, but I sure was thinking that before I clicked on the link and the other one I saw.

Given that it's Bryan, and his snapchats and periscopes often come from his car I think that's understandable reaction. But seriously, I am glad no one got too hurt.

• Love 1
(edited)

Hiiilarrrious, Frank ('s intern):

Kristina is dating....a guy?? @_lexiainsworth @GeneralHospital #GHSpectacularSpring #GH

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5

lol at Kin:

Kin ‏@kinshriner 51m51 minutes ago
@bryan_craig congrat s on Emmy and if need a cheap lawyer for car business suggest Scott Baldwin @GeneralHospital

• Love 11
(edited)

Kin Shriner seems to have a wonderful "Nothing's too serious to get worked up about" attitude toward life.

I envy that. He is the polar opposite of me.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 10
13 minutes ago, Francie said:

Kin Shriner seems to have a wonderful "Nothing's too serious to get worked up about" attitude toward life.

I envy that. He is the polar opposite of me.

I love that about him. He so reminds me of my dad. Just here to have a good time.

• Love 2

How giddy do you think he was that TMZ was interviewing him?  

"You have the right to remain silent."  Yeah, BryDog isn't remotely familiar with the concept of silence. 

• Love 7
(edited)

Gah. I think I'll skip it. JP and SA aren't infuriating in a stupid way where we can make fun of them like Ron was.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, ulkis said:

"Sonny, my buddy, I'm so glad we're friends again! Gimme a fist bump! Come on, you know you want toooo."

You know what's weird? I get what you're saying and I've obviously seen him do this with a bunch of characters. I don't know if it's the writing or Billy or both, but he's not like this at ALL in scenes with KMc. There's clearly a smaller pool of scenes, and maybe minus that scene where he was kissing her hands and packing his bags to Cali, but he's so much more...normal...with her.

• Love 2

I agree actually. I actually liked it when he kissed her hands though. It's not a Jason thing to do but I believe Jason would do it for Robin in a moment like that where they were saying goodbye.

• Love 3

I'm okay with Jason being friends with Sonny as long as he doesn't also work for Sonny again. I think the Sonny/Jason relationship is long enough that it wouldn't make sense for it to be completely dropped. Jason should be reestablishing ties with the Qs if he's really "going down a different path."

• Love 3

It's weird though cause didn't really seem like friends though by the end. Did they ever just hang out like normal people? It seems like they only ever discussed business.

• Love 7

Seriously.  Jason was going on about how Sonny was there for him after the initial Jason Morgan-causing accident and, to me, it's just like the constant invocations of what Sonny did for Stone.  So he was your friend a million years ago?  He doesn't treat you like a friend now.

• Love 7