Type keyword(s) to search

Wynonna Earp - General Discussion

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, gryphon said:

Thank you Jacks-Son!  I thought it was slang....

You're welcome.  I watch a show called "800 Words" which is filmed in New Zealand and has quite a few Maori actors in starring roles.

If you think the Gardner sisters are related to the Black Widows, why not point Peacemaker at them to make sure they are not the demons? If they were it would glow, right?  If there is only one other guy who might be the baby's father why not just have Doc's DNA tested? If it's not him then it has to be the other guy... I have a hard time continuing to love all the things I love about this show when major parts of the story have the structural integrity of Swiss cheese.

My out-there theory is that, considering we see Wynonna time travel in the promo for next week's ep, her baby actually is Waverly. Wouldn't that be a trip?

I kind of love this theory. So much drama and it would solve the problem of having a baby on the show. And Waverly would still be an Earp! 

12 minutes ago, akg said:

My out-there theory is that, considering we see Wynonna time travel in the promo for next week's ep, her baby actually is Waverly. Wouldn't that be a trip?

I kind of love this theory. So much drama and it would solve the problem of having a baby on the show. And Waverly would still be an Earp! 

Okay, now you're just weirding me out.  I like the theory and it would all gel, but that would mean that Waves is Wynonna's daughter and Wynonna is on record as saying she never has given birth to a child. This theory would involve some time travel from now and then a skip back to the present when Wynonna would be cognizant of the birth of her daughter/sister.

• Love 1
On 7/25/2017 at 7:38 PM, ACS said:

If you think the Gardner sisters are related to the Black Widows, why not point Peacemaker at them to make sure they are not the demons? If they were it would glow, right?  If there is only one other guy who might be the baby's father why not just have Doc's DNA tested?

On the Doc question, Wynonna said she didn't want Doc to know there was another possible father so she wanted to swipe the other guy's DNA and test his.  Waverly of course had already slipped to Doc that there was another possibility.

About the Gardners, I theorize that since Dolls & Wynn went there looking for Tucker, it might only have just occurred to them that the sisters were the women in black because it was odd that they were apparently locked into a big room with windows.  Maybe since Wynonna squeezed one of their shoulders (which was the wrong one) with no reaction and she didn't want to push the one who was sort of her friend, didn't want to point a gun at her?  I don't know, maybe she's a little off her game.

I like the theory about Waverly being Wynonna's baby except I really like their sisterly relationship more.  If Waverly is Wynonna's daughter, there'll be more angst.  If Waves is part revenant then there'll be angst anyway...yet Waves has held Peacemaker I think?  Maybe because she's half human?

14 minutes ago, raven said:

Maybe since Wynonna squeezed one of their shoulders (which was the wrong one) with no reaction and she didn't want to push the one who was sort of her friend, didn't want to point a gun at her?  I don't know, maybe she's a little off her game.

Wynonna was on her game enough to test Beth(?) and theorize that Mercedes was off because she was acting like a bitch-bitch and not a fun-bitch. (Please excuse my use of the word)

The idea that Waves is actually Wynonna's daughter, while unique, throws the whole show off and can't seriously be considered as viable.

Yes, but @ACS made a good point that the best test is to point Peacemaker and Wynonna had it right in her hand.  Then she and Dolls post a stakeout, so they are thinking the sisters are up to something.  I hadn't really thought about why she didn't point Peacemaker and it doesn't really bug me, but it is kind of a question there.

Using Peacemaker as a litmus test is valid, but what happens if it glows, do you shoot? Shooting them now sort of closes off that storyline, doesn't it? If you want the story to continue, you kind of have to write around the obvious. Hence Wynonna tests Beth instead of Mercedes.

(edited)
11 hours ago, Jacks-Son said:

Using Peacemaker as a litmus test is valid, but what happens if it glows, do you shoot? Shooting them now sort of closes off that storyline, doesn't it? If you want the story to continue, you kind of have to write around the obvious. Hence Wynonna tests Beth instead of Mercedes.

Yes, I would want them shot after the team figures out what happened to the real Gardner sisters and save them.  Blow the widows away, send Tucker up the river and move onto the next revenant/demon challenge.  That's at least 2 more episodes of content after the gun glows.  It's not like there are a limited number of other challenges in the Ghost River Triangle.  This one story doesn't have to last the season, especially when they have to make characters less good at their jobs and less smart in order to do it.

Edited by ACS
syntax

On the one hand, I liked seeing Robert as a good guy, and really liked the ending with Wynonna protecting Waverly.

But, the episode didn't quite work for me because it had a couple plot holes. First off, Robert only went to hell because he was killed by Peacemaker. The second Wynonna realized she could interact with him at the end, she should have killed him with something else so that technically, he wasn't killed by Peacemaker and never went to hell. Hence, no Bobo. 

Also, Nicole was just carrying around the test results with her? Did she ever think of leaving them at home? In a drawer? Instead of in her unattended purse in front of Waverly? Bad OPSEC, Deputy.

Finally, if she died enough to bring back the revenants, then she's not the heir anymore so they may as well evacuate the Triangle and just bomb it. The revenants can't leave, so just tell everyone there's been a toxic spill, get them out, and send in a missile. Done.

Well that was a freight-train full of back-story. Plus a Dolls and Wynonna bed-scene, he!

I wonder what the DNA results for Waverley were. I suppose there are no markers for 'half-revenant'.

Apparently I've also not been to Sunday school (and neither has auntie Google) because I can't trace 'I am made whole in the house of my enemies'. Are TPTB pulling a Tarantino by making up Bible quotes?

Not sure Wynonna could have killed Bobo again in the chapel to undo the Peacemaker curse. She was not really there in a corporeal sense.

2 hours ago, MissLucas said:

Apparently I've also not been to Sunday school (and neither has auntie Google) because I can't trace 'I am made whole in the house of my enemies'.

I think this is a riff on "I am made whole in Christ"/"In Christ I am made whole," which is part of accepting Jesus Christ as the Savior part of Christian faith. 

So are we meant to infer that Bobo is Waverly's father?  I remember him being quite tender with her in S1 when he told her that she wasn't an Earp, but I found the time-travelly vision quest stuff a bit hard to follow and tie back to what we know currently about Waverly ...

• Love 2

My memory of season 1 is a bit vague, but after this episode I felt like we had seen hints in season 1 that Bobo might have been Waverly's father or at least been close to her mother. Unfortunately I don't remember anything more specific.

(edited)
12 hours ago, piperkat said:

Also, Nicole was just carrying around the test results with her? Did she ever think of leaving them at home? In a drawer? Instead of in her unattended purse in front of Waverly? Bad OPSEC, Deputy.

I'm more confused by the fact that they sent her the results in a physical envelope. In this day and age wouldn't they have emailed them to her?

Edited by AzureOwl

I think Bobo as Waverley's father is a red herring. His special bond with her was established by Wynonna mumbling 'Waverley' when Robert asked for her name so that he would remember his 'angel'. Why Wynonna wasn't giving him her name? Maybe she was plot-groggy. Since Bobo took care of Waverley at different times during her childhood he became a surrogate father to her - especially if her (not) real father ignored her.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, MissLucas said:

Well that was a freight-train full of back-story.

I consider this an understatement, if that's even possible. Holy Hell, was this a clusterfvck of an episode. I tried to put into words, last night, my thoughts on this episode and never posted them. First off, Wynonna, or MS, needs to stop muttering non sequiturs.  I know that's part of her character and it's an endearing one, but in this case, it was extremely distracting.

Most of the story was SORT of clear: Doc's part was sort of unclear; and Waverley's lineage was also unclear. Robert's saving of Waverley from the fall through the ice doesn't track with Waverley's version.  Also, Robert (Bobo) seemed to respect Wyatt, so I cannot see him then sleeping with Wynonna's mother and impregnating her. If he did, then he wasn't a demon at the time, so I don't see how Waverley could have gotten her part demon genes from him. The lack of any clarity with the results of the DNA findings doesn't help. I don't know if a DNA result can point to a specific person without having specific markers for that person.

I got that the third seal is Doc's ring and that Bobo wanted that ring, at the behest of Ms. Clootie because she wanted the bones of her sons and that he deserted Doc in the well. I also got how the curse was cast on the Earp heirs, but what I missed was how Doc and Wyatt fell out. 

Ultimately, this episode demands a rewatch, preferably with a clear head.

• Love 1

I can imagine that Wynonna realized that Bobo has been helping Waverley all of Waverley's life. Wynonna realized that she never saved Waverley from the ice covered lake, so when Bobo offered to be Wynonna's protector, Wynonna realized that Waverley's life has always needed a guardian.

Why did Wynonna freak out when the doctor showed her an image of the baby?

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

At first, I thought that the top of the baby's head was alien/demon shaped but then I realized that the image personalized the baby and that it was really a baby she was carrying. Wynonna is still in shock and not ready to accept the fact that she's pregnant and will be a mother soon. IMHO.

51 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

I can imagine that Wynonna realized that Bobo has been helping Waverley all of Waverley's life. Wynonna realized that she never saved Waverley from the ice covered lake, so when Bobo offered to be Wynonna's protector, Wynonna realized that Waverley's life has always needed a guardian.

In other words: here's our timey-wimey? That'd require some super-fast thinking by Wynonna while almost passing out.

I feel like we are being baited with Waverly is not an Earp. In the postmortem article, the creator says Waverley certainly thinks she isn't an Earp. I call BS on Wynonna's few second death only causing Bobo to come back. They can't have it both ways. Either non revs come back or they all do.

I agree. The article was clearly non-revealing, and worded instead to provide no information other than it was a vIsion quest and not a time travel. Well, we knew that from the episode itself. I think the author wanted to differentiate Bobo from other Revenants, but how different he is, is not clear. Wynonna being dead for 77 seconds means what? Only one rev can return???? That's kind of a weak plot point. What the hell were the Widows doing to JC, eating him??? They've never shown them eating flesh before. Where in the Hell is Tucker???

I agree. The article was clearly non-revealing, and worded instead to provide no information other than it was a vIsion quest and not a time travel. Well, we knew that from the episode itself. I think the author wanted to differentiate Bobo from other Revenants, but how different he is, is not clear. Wynonna being dead for 77 seconds means what? Only one rev can return???? That's kind of a weak plot point. What the hell were the Widows doing to JC, eating him??? They've never shown them eating flesh before. Where in the Hell is Tucker???

I thought Tucker died when he jumped out the window when Officer Haught confronted him with the Morpheus like guy's daughter.

I think this was one of the most demanding episodes the show has ever pulled - not a criticism just an observation. It made me doubt my memory and my grasp of the show's lore. At every twist and turn I was Uh - wait, what are they talking about? Who is that? Am I supposed to know? Is this a new piece of information/plot twist or has a mind-wipe of unknown origin cleared my brain of everything that went down during season 1?

It was equally embarrassing and exhausting.

• Love 3
On 7/29/2017 at 4:14 PM, Jacks-Son said:

Also, Robert (Bobo) seemed to respect Wyatt, so I cannot see him then sleeping with Wynonna's mother and impregnating her. If he did, then he wasn't a demon at the time, so I don't see how Waverley could have gotten her part demon genes from him. The lack of any clarity with the results of the DNA findings doesn't help. I don't know if a DNA result can point to a specific person without having specific markers for that person.

Wyatt is Wynonna's great-great grandfather so if Robert/Bobo slept with her mother, he's not betraying his friend.  Ward is Wynonna's father (thanks Wiki!)   I agree about the DNA - I guess Waverly could have sent it off to be compared to Wynonna's but the show isn't being clear about that.   I think DNA can show markers for maternal and paternal connections, but I don't really know TBH. 

We're all assuming Waverly has part-demon genes but we haven't seen any evidence of that - am I not remembering something?  The show has been dropping anvils about it, but she hasn't show any special powers or anything.

I watched twice and I'm confused about Doc in the well - he obviously didn't recognize Robert even though Robert had approached him with a message from Wyatt.  I get that he couldn't see that far up. but it was jarring to me.   Maybe if Robert had said he was Wyatt's friend as well, Doc would have sent the ring up? 

Dolls and Wynonna in the bed was also jarring - I know they weren't post-coital, but he was certainly acting like more than a friend, with the cuddling and all that.  Tonally it just took me out of it. 

I'm not sure that I like having Bobo back - reading the post-mortem, it almost sounds as if EA though "hey let's bring Michael Eklund back" without any long term plan.  I thought it was kind of gutsy to dispatch him last season, so bringing him back almost makes it seem as if they're running out of ideas.  Plus now we've got the mysterious demon husband getting thrown in the mix. 

I also thought Juan Carlos was kind of immortal but I guess just long-lived like Doc but he can be killed?  Why was JC long lived...ugh, confused again.

On 7/29/2017 at 7:32 PM, AnimeMania said:

This was a weird scene - Wynonna knows what a sonogram is, I actually paused to see if there were glowing eyes or anything (I couldn't tell).   If it was just supposed to be surprise/shock in general, it was way overplayed IMO.

• Love 1
On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 6:39 PM, Jacks-Son said:

At first, I thought that the top of the baby's head was alien/demon shaped but then I realized that the image personalized the baby and that it was really a baby she was carrying. Wynonna is still in shock and not ready to accept the fact that she's pregnant and will be a mother soon. IMHO.

I really appreciate the fact the writers haven't had Wynonna suddenly embrace the idea of being a mother.  So many shows would have revealed the pregnancy, showed the doubts of the mom to be, then made them suddenly embrace it, all within two eps.  Wynonna has never given any indication she's wanted a kid so I'm glad the writers are having her struggle with this. 

• Love 1

Wow, that was SO much backstory shucked into one episode. I'm definitely going to have to do a re-watch to follow everything, but I think I've basically got it, and I appreciate how they're tying the mythology of the first season with the mythology/villains of this season. If I'm following this right, Wyatt killed the demon sheriff guy and his demon sons, than one of his wives betrayed him and the other two (for getting the sons killed?) and she sealed up the other wives magically, after Wyatt killed and sealed up her husband. Than she created the curse with the immortal priest and Bobo. She then combined her immortality with Docs and dumped him down a well, and now the curse is tied into the ring Doc always wears? Like I said, I'm going to need to watch again.

I like that they decided to make Bobos backstory being a good guy and friend of Wyatt who become evil out of jealousy of Wyatt's friendship with Doc. So, yeah, this whole show is because of a platonic friendship love triangle. Bobo might have been a good guy before all this went down, but leaving a man to suffer a horrible fate in a well out of jealousy is a pretty awful thing to do. I still don't think Bobo is Waverly's bio dad though, I think its a red hearing. I suspect that the reason Bobo has always been soft on Waverly is because he thinks she's his "angel", and not because he's her dad. I think if he was her father, he would have told her already. Also, it sounds like Willa was always a Bad Seed, even before Bobo got his hands on her.

Its honestly pretty impressive that Doc is as normal as he is now, and he isn't totally insane, being locked in a dark well, all alone, for over 100 years. So, if they get rid of the curse, will Doc immediately die? Or just lose his immortality and become normal? Also, is Doc officially with that chem woman running the bar with him? Because Dolls ia acting very Boyfriend with Wynonna now, so who knows? I guess its not super important to know for sure what everyone's relationship status is, but it would be nice to know.

My one real disappointment with this episode? We don't get to see Wynonna see Wyatt! I guess they want to save that for when the two of them can actually interact, or when everyone can meet up with him.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Also, is Doc officially with that chem woman running the bar with him? Because Dolls ia acting very Boyfriend with Wynonna now, so who knows? I

Well, Rosita is definitely jealous about Doc and Wynnona's relationship. Doc called Rosita his lover and claimed Wynonna as his "friend". I don't know what's up with Dolls and Wynonna, he seems to think of Wynonna as his girlfriend and Wynonna doesn't seem to mind or is too distracted by the pregnancy to care. That bed scene cuddling session was out of the blue.

• Love 1

I'm a little confused by the timing. When Wynonna first learns she's pregnant, she can't be more than 3 months pregnant, 4 TOPS, right? And I thought it was stated somewhere that a month was lost when the time guy put everyone to sleep for the sisters. But then in this episode, Wynonna is a few weeks from giving birth. So did they just skip ahead 4 months? Was that mentioned and I missed it? I suppose it would explain Doc being in an actual relationship with Rosita and Dolls & Wynonna cuddling in bed, but I felt like I had missed an episode or at least a scene that would have explained where everyone was at suddenly. 

Also, there is no way they are going to have a baby on this show, I hope. And they aren't going to do anything super tragic, either, so the baby must be supernatural in some way where it won't really be Wynonna's baby or it'll age really fast or something, right? 

This episode seemed like it was written by an entirely new crew. The snark was dampened and a  bit off. Somewhat lame jokes and comments were spoken by everyone. (although I DID love Wynonna's "high five" with her baby bump) It felt weird, like everyone's game was off. All of a sudden, MS looked LESS pregnant, like she was back at the beginning of her second trimester.  Wayhaught was kind of depressing, as I like the two of them when they're frisky with each other. Everyone was dancing around the Wynonna/Doc dinner. They seemed to think Doc & Wynonnna were having some unspoken tryst and it was all hush-hush. I really don't know why they needed to have a private dinner when all Wynonna wanted to discuss was Doc's ring.  She couldn't ask Doc around Dolls and Waves? Then the conversation eventually ended with this weird mutual vow to be there for each other and for "our baby".  So Doc is the father again?  Was the Revenant in the bar (Pu$$y Willow?) NOT the Baby Daddy and Doc is?

By all rights, Waves' scene with the batons against the suddenly nimble AND pregnant Wynonna, should have led to Waves beating down Tucker.  What is she practicing martial arts for if sh'e not going to take down the creepy and frail Tucker?

Rosita is a Revenant???  Did she work for Black Badge also?  I feel like I missed an episode or two along the way  Does this mean Wynonna will have to kill Rosita? If the writers were trying to confuse the audience, I feel like they succeeded.

If Waverly is half-Revenant, how can she hold Peacemaker?

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Jacks-Son said:

If Waverly is half-Revenant, how can she hold Peacemaker?

Maybe it only effects full Revenants? It actually is a clue that Waverly isn't the half Revenant. That does leave the question of who is.

• Love 1

I've been trying to rank the who can be the possible half Revenant. This is based on the idea that the H/R is already on the show.

Wynona - She can't be the chosen one, potentially the mother of a Half-Revenant AND a H/R herself. I don't think they will make her that special. Close to 0%

Doc, and Dolls - Same reasons as Wynona, they are already too special to have H/R  added on. Close to 0%

Rosita - It's possible that she's claiming to be a Revenant but is covering her H/R status. Pros: How did a woman who died in the 1800s get not one but 2 PHDs all while being unable to leave Purgatory? Online classes is possible, but wow! She seems to be an ethical Revenant. They were clear with Bobo that Hell burns any goodness out of a person. Cons: The Revenant reveal is so big that I don't see a reason to change it. 45% chance. The Revenant reveal is a big thing to change

Jeremy-  He's a new character this year, after they added the idea of the H/R. Pros: with Rosita they have established that Revenants can be scientists and well educated. Cons: He isn't important enough of a character and he's comic relief, not a big one to be H/R. 10% chance

Mercedes - Another character added this season. Pros - she survived having her face removed, so girl has something special. Cons: She's been off screen most of the season. Not important enough 20% chance

Nicole - Pros: It would be a shock, to say the least. Cons: She really is our normal person POV character. It would interfere with her relationship with Waverly and people LOVE the Waverly relationship. 30% chance only for the shock value.

Waverly - Pros: They have strongly hinted at it all season. Something in the DNA test made her think she isn't fully human or at least isn't Wynona's full sister. Cons: It's too obvious there would need to be a twist.  75% chance.

I'm guessing it is Waverly and the twist will be that she IS an Earp. Wade slept with a Revenant and got her pregnant. Possible bigger twist Rosita being Waverly's mother.

• Love 1

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed the shrinking baby bump (further proof of the baby being magical - or simply shooting schedule shenanigans). What an odd confusing episode. And how I hate drama created by people not talking to each other - and there was way too much of that going on in this episode.  Waverley and Nicole were just the tip of the annoying iceberg.

Doc's and Wynonna's dinner was odd and the conflict felt forced. Why are they not talking about the real elephant in the baby-bump? Again people not talking about things they should be talking about. And I was really expecting a 'Preciousss' reference during that fight over the ring, that was an epic let-down on the snark-o-meter.

At least Tucker's gone - so there's that.

PS: we always knew that something was up with Rosita but her being a revenant with a heart of gold and last week's resurrection of Bobo starts to feel like the show is tampering with its own mythology a bit too much.

• Love 1

Rosita is a Revenant???  Did she work for Black Badge also?  I feel like I missed an episode or two along the way  Does this mean Wynonna will have to kill Rosita? If the writers were trying to confuse the audience, I feel like they succeeded.

I knew she was a Revenant, I think they mentioned it when Doc was trying to hire her when she was working at that bar.

4 hours ago, MissLucas said:

PS: we always knew that something was up with Rosita but her being a revenant with a heart of gold and last week's resurrection of Bobo starts to feel like the show is tampering with its own mythology a bit too much.

Don't they usually have someone in charge of continuity? You're right, the writers are once again confusing us and themselves.

1 hour ago, AnimeMania said:
13 hours ago, Jacks-Son said:

I knew she was a Revenant, I think they mentioned it when Doc was trying to hire her when she was working at that bar.

We always suspected she was a bit on the shady side, but a revenant?  When Doc hired her, he asked her how this would sit with her previous job/employer. I don't recall a conversation about  being a Revenant.

Edited by Jacks-Son
  • Love 1

Stupid question of the night: "You've lived so long, aren't you bored with it?"

130 of those years were at the bottom of a well. I don't think "bored with life" is exactly the right term to cover it.

• Love 8

It's becoming clear, at least to me, that this episode presents problems, and may have been written with less clarity. Translation: The writing sucked.  It lacked the usual humor, snark, sparkage, & wit. 

What was that Waverly/Rosita kiss about? To kiss and then say "I'm with Nicole!" & "I'm with Doc". Was this episode written by some fanboy wanker? Take two hot women in bikinis in a hot tub and call me in the morning?

• Love 1

Yeah, I found this one lacking, too, which is disappointing considering we only have three left in the season. Everyone seemed out of character. Wynonna's anger with Doc seemed to come out of nowhere; she's always understood how much he cares about her and the rest of the team. She was also much too flippant about asking him to grow old and die, and deciding to resurrect the most powerful force she's ever dealt with without having any sort of plan in place was reckless, even for her. Jeremy was more annoying than usual, and Dolls was ruder to him than usual. I get that Waverly was drunk, but still don't buy that she'd send THAT mean of a text or that she'd kiss Rosita; there hasn't even been a flirtation between them.

Hoping next week's ep (which is supposed to have a lot of crazy shit going down) is better.

• Love 1

I finally read the transcript of that interview you posted Cranberry, and I see what they were trying try to do. They just did a poor job of showing it. They've left the mythology of the Revenants in a kind of unknown state where what I though I knew about them keeps fluctuating.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, Jacks-Son said:

When Doc hired her, he asked her how this would sit with her previous job/employer. I don't recall a conversation about  being a Revenant.

I don't remember that either and I thought she was not actually in Purgatory when he went to her.  This whole half-Revenant thing is confusing and I still want to know why Waverly is convinced she is half-Revenant.   The DNA tests could have shown that her genetics are different from Wynonna's in the paternal line (I think) but we haven't gotten any explanation.

Waverly's behavior towards Nicole is annoying - either talk to her or not but the side remarks, etc are tiresome.

I guess Wynonna wanted to do dinner with Doc to make it more casual or something about telling him that his 3rd ring was the seal was and then asking him for it.  That's all I've got on that, though I did think something was up to make them angrier and angrier at each other.  We heard an ominous noise before she tells him he's being selfish and then it escalates and they were both OOC. 

The Rosita/Waverly kiss came out of nowhere and I also thought for sure Waverly would try some of the fight moves on Tucker that she was practicing in the opening scene. 

At least Tucker's dead, the creep.

I also wondered how the one sister with no face was able to still be alive, can she breathe, how does she get water?  I guess evil magic is the answer.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, raven said:

I did think something was up to make them angrier and angrier at each other.  We heard an ominous noise before she tells him he's being selfish and then it escalates and they were both OOC. 

Yeah, the doll definitely made them angrier than they normally would be, but after the doll was gone, Wynonna said she meant everything she said... so it's still OOC to me.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, raven said:

I guess Wynonna wanted to do dinner with Doc to make it more casual or something about telling him that his 3rd ring was the seal was and then asking him for it.  That's all I've got on that, though I did think something was up to make them angrier and angrier at each other.  We heard an ominous noise before she tells him he's being selfish and then it escalates and they were both OOC. 

In the article link above, that leads to the writer's interview, it was revealed that the creepy large doll that manifested from the painting was responsible for the heightened angry emotions. However, that would only explains the Wynonna-Doc confrontation, not the other OOC behaviour from the others.

Why was Doc's presentation of the ring to Wynonna done as a mock marriage proposal?  Doc was down on one knee and held out the ring. When I saw that I rolled my eyes and literally asked WTF was going on. Wynonna specifically said "I do" as Doc slipped the ring on her finger. (or so I thought) Why was the scene done that way?

• Love 1