Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E12: For I Have Sinned.

Harlee and Wozniak must face the consequences of the disappearance of the heist's money. Out of options, Harlee approaches the FBI and promises to find the money and deliver Wozniak and his partners if Stahl keeps her in play.

The Show is both just interesting enough for me to watch but dumb enough for me to scoff and laugh at its dumbing dumbness.

Wozniak constantly running about disheveled while huffin', puffin', and sweatin'.

And, hasn't his lying luvah exhibited enough semi-questionable behavior for Wozniak to be a bit suspicious.(?) Isn't Wozniak a senior DETECTive ❓

⤴(and a liar)

*Boy! Ray Liotta and his expressive visage!

Po' po' Loman.

At least, he tries to do actual police work (and he's a li'l bit o' liar).

I don't even recall the other three officers' names sooo, that tells ya something.

I don't care that Christina is an old teen.

She's a spoiled, entitled, gullible when she wants to be dumbass (and a liar) .

Why is Miguel sleuthing ?❔

Well, I guess someone must do so. It's a tad sad when the 'criminal' is the only person in this morass Truth Tellin'.

Although, Miguel does deserve the beat down just as he gave to Harlee.

Oh, Stahl, [YOU ] are truly kreepily krazy (and a liar).

Harlee, Harlee, Harlee, excuses are for 'gooses'.

[You] chose criminality for gain.

Such acts make Harlee just as dirty as her cohorts (and she's a liar).

ALL (except for Loman) have gone a whorin' for money or glory.

Edited by BookElitist

Wow... this was a great episode.  And this has been a really good season overall IMO. Sure, the plot's been pretty far-fetched, but it has been moving along briskly and been anything but predictable.  It works for me.  Also, the acting performances really sell this show.  Ray Liotta in his confessional at the end and J-Lo in her video log to her daughter were both home-runs to me.  I can't wait to see how this all ends in the finale next week.  It better not be a cliff-hanger!

Edited by me5671
  • Love 12

I kind of loved the ending reveal of Harlee and the junkie tech guy having stolen the money. I knew it wouldn't end up being Donnie but I truly did not see that one coming.

Woz's confession about his daughter was beautiful. Damn Ray Liotta, still got it. And he was weirdly sweet with Joaquin as he was dying.

Agree with the bartender at the kink club...please tell me Joaquin and Donnie were not actually related and that that was just a cover so Woz wouldn't know Donnie was cheating on him. Cuz otherwise, bleh.

Fucking Cristina. I want to give her the benefit of the doubt cuz her mother is a lying liar who lies, but like...her dad is an abusive asshole. And also like...parents lie sometimes to protect their kids? She's old enough to know this, she's not fucking 7 years old discovering that adults lie for the first time.

I liked the scenes with Loman and Stahl as well.

• Love 10

Miguel is sleuthing to find out who framed him. As far as how this is going to end for santos and woz, I keep thinking they gotta bring them back for season 2 so somehow they are going to get out of this mess they're in. And/or the entire storyline will continue into next season. They still gotta find the DEA guy. Maybe Harley will join the FBI!

Love this show. Best cop show on TV right now. Lopez and Liotta acting is great as is all the cast. Could do without Tess tho. My dislike probably goes back to Sons of Anarchy .... Didn't like her then either.

• Love 3

Great episode didn't see that ending coming but still have a hard time picturing what's gonna happen in the last episode, I agree that the actors are great that's one of the best thing about the show imo particularly Lopez & Liotta. .

Edited by eliza
  • Love 5

I just found out that Shades of Blue is based on a novel by Michael Rudolph.  It's written by a 30 year veteran and has really good reviews. Just a thought for those of you who like to also read the book something comes from...

yeah I saw that on imdb, I don't think the producers/writers ever mentionned it. I might take look sound like an interesting read.

Edited by eliza

I just found out that Shades of Blue is based on a novel by Michael Rudolph. It's written by a 30 year veteran and has really good reviews. Just a thought for those of you who like to also read the book something comes from...

Thanks!

Wow, GREAT EPISODE! I enjoyed the whole thing and was right in there for the ride. And I'm a picky one. I loved, loved, loved this one. Thanks, Helena, for telling me the junkie had the money. I couldn't see what was in the room, my tv is old and I was sitting sorta far away. I was just happy to see the junkie guy again, I really like his character. And yeah, he was a cop so he would know how to hit a car "cop style." That twist just adds to how much I liked this.

Just fantastic. Liotta is brilliant, everyone was believable. Kudos to the writers of this show. The stooges who write for Blindspot need to take a lesson.

Twenty thumbs up. More if I can find them.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 8

I faintly remember Harlee talking about someone she loved(?) was involved, with other than Miguel. Could it have been the junkie?.She sure looked happy to see him.Really what would one do with 12 million dollars?

• Love 2

I'm glad this show is doing so well, I've always liked Lopez, she has screen presence. NBC can thank her for regaining my viewership, because I don't think I've watched a show on this network in about 15-20 years. I can't remember the last time I watched this network, ER, but I think I stopped watching ER after maybe 8 seasons. I tuned into Blindspot for one episode but I just couldn't get hooked. This show did it.

Anyway, I haven't watched this week's episode yet, but from the comments it sounds like it's going to be good. 

And yes, Cristina is an idiot, but she's a kid who just wishes she could be a daddy's girl.

I like the actor who plays her dad, I've seen his face is a few projects, he's got a smoldering, hot factor going on.

Too bad he beats up women in this role.

Edited by represent
  • Love 3

Cristina is the only character I do not like. But she is written like how a lot of teenagers are ... smart-mouthed, petulant, know everything and can't really be trusted to be where they say they are. Hey, nothing against teenagers, but they can be very trying. I wish she were less "teenage-ie" but then again, I wish that for a lot of kids I know! And she fits the storyline of an impending run in with Miguel/Harlee.

I liked that Woz told his wife to get Cristina and both go to a motel.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 3

I kind of get Cristina, I mean in the last 10 days she has found out that her mother has been lying to her for years and still is now she's questioning everything her mother say or do, she acts like a teenager by doing the opposite her mother tells her to do.

Edited by eliza
  • Love 3

I'm happy the junkie (wish I could remember his name cuz I really like him lol) has turned into a recurring character, I was sure he was just a one-off when he first showed up. Maybe he can get clean and come back for season two.

• Love 3

I faintly remember Harlee talking about someone she loved(?) was involved, with other than Miguel. Could it have been the junkie?.She sure looked happy to see him.Really what would one do with 12 million dollars?

Interesting thought but unlikely.  Harlee told Christina that Miguel was not her father to prevent contact.  She lied.  Now be the time to tell Miguel he is not the dad, if true, and get a DNA test to prove it.  That would solve Harlee's problem with Christina's contact with him.  

Miguel did NOT abuse Harlee.  She lied about that to pit Christina against him.  She fell down the stairs.  Miguel cleared that up in a conversation with Christina.  

What a great episode and fabulous series!  JLo is an excellent actor; it is nice to see her in a drama.  

Christina is a teen and they are writing her part perfectly. Of course she would have all of these reactions to her mother!  

It is refreshing to see Waz' wife savvy and knowledgeable about his job.  The usual trope is wife out of the loop, anxious and angry.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1

Miguel did NOT abuse Harlee.  She lied about that to pit Christina against him.  She fell down the stairs.  Miguel cleared that up in a conversation with Christina.  

Do we have evidence that Miguel was telling the truth? Of course he is going to tell Christina he never abused Harlee.  He wants to gain her trust and have a relationship with her. He's not going to admit to beating up Harlee.

Harlee lies to Christina all the time, but she's been pretty consistent about the abuse story with everyone, and I believe that's why she originally framed Miguel.

• Love 6

Do we have evidence that Miguel was telling the truth? Of course he is going to tell Christina he never abused Harlee.  He wants to gain her trust and have a relationship with her. He's not going to admit to beating up Harlee.

Harlee lies to Christina all the time, but she's been pretty consistent about the abuse story with everyone, and I believe that's why she originally framed Miguel.

This is what I saw: He was telling the truth.  It was part of the scene that was set to expose Harlee's lies.  It was the truth dawning on Christina.  There was/is no point to it being otherwise.  This moved the plot along to where it is now; Christina full of doubts about her mother beyond her father.  Miguel is her dad, never abused her mother and is not on parole.  Done.  Now it is onto other things.  

What could be:  That is what we were led to believe and very convincingly.  The truth could be that Harlee redeems herself to her daughter when it is discovered that he did, indeed, abuse her.  

However,  Harlee never expressed to Miguel her fear of him being abusive to Christina when he called her outside her door when Christina listened.  You would think that would have been a time to say something.  

Edited by wings707

This is what I saw: He was telling the truth.  It was part of the scene that was set to expose Harlee's lies.  It was the truth dawning on Christina.  There was/is no point to it being otherwise.  This moved the plot along to where it is now; Christina full of doubts about her mother beyond her father.  Miguel is her dad, never abused her mother and is not on parole.  Done.  Now it is onto other things.  

What could be:  That is what we were led to believe and very convincingly.  The truth could be that Harlee redeems herself to her daughter when it is discovered that he did, indeed, abuse her.  

However,  Harlee never expressed to Miguel her fear of him being abusive to Christina when he called her outside her door when Christina listened.  You would think that would have been a time to say something.  

The point of the scene was definitely to get Christina to start doubting her mother and get her attached to Miguel. But that doesn't mean Miguel is telling the truth. If that scene was supposed to convince me of that, they did a terrible job. I thought he sounded like a classic abuser denying he would ever hurt someone and couldn't believe Christina was taking him seriously.

• Love 11

I wonder how difficult it must be to plan to broad-side somebody's car when they are driving along normally and you are at full speed. Seriously, I think I've seen this device in at least 4 shows over the last month, and shake my head every time.

That said, this was a pretty good episode and I did not see that ending twist coming. Looking forward to the finale. It's been a decently enjoyable show for sure. The best compliment I can give it is that I've never considered dropping it like I have with many other new shows (the awful blindspot and quantico).

• Love 1

Has the whole show only happened over ten days? I was assuming at least two weeks because that was how they back dated the dead cop's fake immunity papers.

I think it's 2 weeks.

I also hope the junkie "Caddie" will be in season 2, why not a serie regular.

I don't think Harlee was lying about the abuses, Woz found out about it even tho she never pressed charges at the time.

• Love 4

I wonder how difficult it must be to plan to broad-side somebody's car when they are driving along normally and you are at full speed. Seriously, I think I've seen this device in at least 4 shows over the last month, and shake my head every time.

That said, this was a pretty good episode and I did not see that ending twist coming. Looking forward to the finale. It's been a decently enjoyable show for sure. The best compliment I can give it is that I've never considered dropping it like I have with many other new shows (the awful blindspot and quantico).

The addict was an ex cop and knew how to stop a vehicle with a move that would not seriously hurt those inside.  I have seen this done in police videos.  

Yeah, I am dropping(ish) BLINDSPOT. And, I could never tolerate the ridiculous QUANTICO.

However, I am surprised that I 'like' SHADES OF BLUE thus far. Really, really surprised.

The Show is still a bit dumbassery as illustrated by the myriad of crazy storyline contrivances and damnable debacles in this episode alone such as that crash in which Woz and *Harlee* emerged unscathed and mighty lively.

But, as stated, that's(ABOVE⬆) just ONE among many and much.

*...wherein one could see Jennifer Lopez's enlarged temple/forehead veins due to her large amounts of facial Botoxing and facial Restylane-ing.*

• Love 1

My son helped jog my memory.  Miguel definitely beat Harlee.  She talked about that when she visited him in prison the first time.   He said he was a changed man and no longer had anger issues. 

• Love 5

I loved this episode and I did not see that twist ending coming!

I thought JLo and Ray Liotta hit it out of the park. I loved Woz talking about his dead daughter and I found him oddly sweet and nurturing with the dying man in the van. I was quite surprised by that whole exchange. And Woz storming out of the confessional was great.

I can't wait until next week's finale and thank God we have a second season confirmation. This show is just too good to disappear into the night.

• Love 6

*...wherein one could see Jennifer Lopez's enlarged temple/forehead veins due to her large amounts of facial Botoxing and facial Restylane-ing.*

she has way too much lines on her face to be doing botox, she actually can really move her face.

• Love 6

Well, Jennifer Lopez may be able to facially express better than some actresses, but her face definitely does not 'move' with the freedom of non-botulism and non-fillers. And, that's excluding her rhinoplasty. 'Natural' face--it is not.

ETA: It's all good. Lopez has certainly excelled in her career. She simply has availed herself of the 'anti-aging' cocktails just as (have) many of her peers.

Edited by BookElitist
  • Love 1

Still the minority here, still not liking this series. But sticking it out since it's almost done. I don't know the story and characters just didn't hook me. Not sure why I think there are some talented actors in the cast . I am just kind of meh about the whole thing.

• Love 1

About Miguel not beating Harlee ... we saw the flashbacks when Harlee was in uniform and Woz helped her to frame Miguel to get him away from her. Miguel was going to end up killing Harlee if Woz didn't help, Harlee was a big-time victim of battered woman syndrome, which is why she did not report Miguel. Hence, the "I fell down the stairs" BS story. NO ONE gets a bruised face like that from falling down the stairs or anything else beside a beat down. Miguel was abusing Harlee mentally AND physically. This is one reason Harlee and Woz are so close.

Miguel is a lying liar who lies, and he's working Cristina against her mom because he can. He's a manipulator, lying liar, and an abuser. His time in prison didn't do anything but concentrate his anger and rage. Trust me, we'll see the "real" Miguel either next week or next season.

If she choses, Lopez can shoot botox into whatever she likes. She's a beautiful woman and whatever she does to look that way is fine with me. I mean, really, who gives a care? Just enjoy the show. If not, then turn the channel. It's pretty simple.

Also, know that actors pack on stage makeup to make their faces look smooth and to cover up zits and other whatnot that all people have. That makeup can make a face pretty immobile, it's not always the botox thing. Try troweling on a layer or two of professional stage makeup and see how much YOUR face moves afterward!

ETA: About the "falling down the stairs" thing ... everyone here who has fallen down the stairs (1) and, if so, got their face messed up (2) raise your hand .... No one? Okay. I thought so.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 7

Nice twist at the end, there.  Which I probably should have seen coming, but I got distracted by all the Loman scenes (will he turn on them or not?), and then Woz and Harlee weeping and snotting all over the place in their separate "confessions."  

Am I really supposed to believe that Harlee, Woz, Donnie and "Linklater" had that loud conversation about all their crimes in the middle of a crowded Chinese restaurant?

I still don't understand what the hell was going on with the fetish club, and I still don't really care.  

I was weirdly disappointed that Tess didn't die.  Although I do kind of want to see her eventual reaction when she finds out Harlee was working with the FBI ...

Christina is kind of screwed.  Miguel is a lunatic and Harlee is in a big freaking mess right now.  Oh, and apparently she has to stay with "Aunt" Linda now ... who may or may not be nice to her once she finds out Harlee turned on Woz ...

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 1
Am I really supposed to believe that Harlee, Woz, Donnie and "Linklater" had that loud conversation about all their crimes in the middle of a crowded Chinese restaurant?

Heh. Yeah. I was waiting for the waiter to come and ask if they wanted more tea or egg rolls with that, all while the teens at the next table were cell-phone videoing the argument. Dumbasses.

Edited by saber5055
  • Love 1

ETA: About the "falling down the stairs" thing ... everyone here who has fallen down the stairs (1) and, if so, got their face messed up (2) raise your hand .... No one? Okay. I thought so.

Word to your whole post, but I must admit that I was a really clumsy kid (still a clumsy adult, but getting better, heh) and I actually fell down the stairs quite a few times. However, due to this extensive experience, I can for certain say that while you might get banged up everywhere else, your face would not look like Harlee's after Miguel beat her. Your first instinct when you fall anywhere is to protect your head, which obviously includes your face. So no, no one's face would look like that after falling down the stairs.

• Love 2

I thought this was the best episode of the season.  Has this been renewed I sure hope it is.  Ray Liotta chewing scenery, JLo actually doing a pretty good job. And the guy playing Stahl, what a creep but man do I like him. Can't wait for the finale.  

I thought this was the best episode of the season.  Has this been renewed I sure hope it is.  Ray Liotta chewing scenery, JLo actually doing a pretty good job. And the guy playing Stahl, what a creep but man do I like him. Can't wait for the finale.  

Yep, it's been renewed!

• Love 1

Finally getting around to these last two episodes.  Glad I remained unspoiled, because I honestly didn't see the final twist coming.  Harlee and the junkie are the ones with all the money!  Nice!  Then again, I think this entire episode showed how manipulative and deceitful Harlee can be between that and how she played Lomen.  It was almost scary how quickly she came up with the "Donnie is making us dothis because he knows we covered up the guy you killed, so we're just protecting you!" excuse, to excuse the heist and now have Lomen doing her bidding.  Damn, Harlee's hardcore.  And Jennifer Lopez continues to do a credible job here.  She can be hit or miss at times, but I think she can excel with the right role like this one.

Speaking of credible work, Ray Liotta was pretty great in his confession scene.  Almost made me forget that he is still a killer, who doesn't care who get hurts in order to get what he wants.  But, yeah, I can buy that his daughter dying the way she did would fuck him enough that he would become this.  I suspect it was always there, but that just took it to a whole other level.

So, Stephen Lang really isn't a DA guy, but someone else. I wonder who he really is?

I will be surprised as hell if Donnie makes it out of the finale alive.

Dammit, Christina!  I get that Harlee's lying sucks and she probably does deserve some scorn, but I think you could end up regretting going on Team Miguel, in the end.

I so hope Stahl falls down hard.  Only one way to find out!  Finale time!

• Love 3