Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E12: Brynn's Big Moment

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

Janet Jackson first appeared on Good Times in 1977 and then on Different Strokes as Willis's girlfriend. This came about after her mom and the girls moved to CA to be with the brothers who had made it as the Jackson 5.

When I look at Miley or Britney - Nia to me has it all over them on personality, likeability and singing - but I really wouldn't wish that type of stardom like that on anyone as she like Chloe are very nice intelligent young women. I think Nia not being as close to the other girls was because - unlike many of the others - Nia was involved in a lot of outside activities besides dance while they were in Pittsburgh and that has been talked about in her and Holly's talking heads.

I think that Holly wants to make any opportunities available to Nia that she may wish to pursue but in the end - I see Nia, enjoying her 15 minutes of fame, and going back to get an education and becoming a professional. I don't see any of the girls having life long careers based on Dance Moms. Maddie will be popular for another couple of years and then fade into the background like the majority of child actors.

Her success now to me at least is not unlike a winner of The Voice or American Idol or the star on the High School Football Team - they're popular for awhile and then you can't even remember their name. Except for a few of those winners - you never hear about them any more - or what you do hear is far and few between. Loved Daughtry - he was hot - now where is he?

Edited by tessa
  • Love 2

Nia can sing without auto tune. She also had the best natural acting ability during that workshop or whatever they did.

I could see her on a saved by the bell of Disney show more than the rest of them. Her or Jojo for Disney shows. Kalani maybe for the teen romance shows.

Nia is in my opinion the weakest dancer but the overall best rounded and best personality out of the bunch. I wish she'd leave ALDC and hope she's just staying bc they're honoring a contract.

• Love 1

Maddie has gone far enough that I believe that she will be able to make the transition to adult star. The others, not so  much.

I think any of the others would need a break similar to what Maddie had.  Something beyond Dance Moms.  I don't think its impossible, or even improbable.  However, I think solely relying on the show for that break the same way Maddie got her break with Sia would be foolish.  She should get a really good agent/manager (and they have to be out there for a girl on a popular reality show), someone who is going to hustle for her.  It doesn't look like she has any of that right now.  I think that Jojo should do the same.  Kendall just isn't that interesting, and I think Kilani ,bless her heart, just wants to dance, and I really like her for that.

One thing I will say about Melissa is that she has always been about moving Maddie up, and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if it turns out she had someone else on the sidelines since the show started looking out for Maddie's and Mackenzie's career.

Edited by RCharter

Kendall just isn't that interesting, and I think Kilani ,bless her heart, just wants to dance, and I really like her for that.

I agree with this.  I saw a clip from a meet and greet a while back with Kalani and Kendall and this was really obvious to me.  When the girls got asked what they loved most about dance Kendall immediately started saying things like traveling, Kids Choice Awards, friends, etc.  When it was Kalani's turn she quite simply just said she just loved to dance.  Also, when someone asked what their favorite competition was Kalani could off the top of her tongue name several legitimate, reputable, competitions that she has been to and liked, whereas Kendall was kind of stumped and talked about "Sheer talent" that they go to on the show.  

• Love 3

One thing I will say about Melissa is that she has always been about moving Maddie up, and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if it turns out she had someone else on the sidelines since the show started looking out for Maddie's and Mackenzie's career.

Of course! It's certainly not Melissa/Abby getting Maddie and Mackenzie into Disney acting roles. Those girls have got one of the US top agents. 

I'd be surprised if Nia and Kendall etc didn't have legit managers in the background too... given they're on national television every week. But who knows. 

Of course! It's certainly not Melissa/Abby getting Maddie and Mackenzie into Disney acting roles. Those girls have got one of the US top agents. 

I'd be surprised if Nia and Kendall etc didn't have legit managers in the background too... given they're on national television every week. But who knows. 

I was interested in Nia's potential representation so I visited her website (I'm scared of what sort of teen based internet ads I'll be getting) and she only seems to have a PR/Marketing firm, and that firm seems to focus solely on music and nothing else.  And they don't seem to represent anyone I'd ever heard of.  If you want to book Nia for "events" (an option available on her website), it just lists an email with Nia's name.  There is no mention of an agent or who you would contact, and there isn't even a phone number, its just a gmail account, not even an agency account.

All of this to say that I don't think that Nia has an agent/manager.  

If someone has done better research and knows different I'm totally open to being wrong, but as best I can tell, she doesn't have an agent/manager.

As I've said though - I don't think that is Nia's lifelong objective. She's going to roll with the punches for now - experience all she can and take the opportunities presented to her because of the show but choose a completely different path for her lifelong career

As I've said though - I don't think that is Nia's lifelong objective. She's going to roll with the punches for now - experience all she can and take the opportunities presented to her because of the show but choose a completely different path for her lifelong career

I agree.  I think she wants to go to college and Holly wants her to go to college.  I hope whatever set teaching she's getting, that she's also doing stuff online that will give her the opportunity to take AP classes.

I think that i agreee nia is not the best one one the team. And was anyone else getting ticked off when jill and melissa asked for the score sheets because something seemed suspicious. Then had the odasity to say to ashlee "no one said it was rigged but you"

Looks like Nia is performing at the premiere of high strung movie - whatever that is with her "crew" - so I'm assuming she's singing and dancing. As a matter of fact it looks like the dress she wore to the Kid's Choice Awards was designed by Maya from Project Runway Junior.

This is what I like about this family and Chloe's family - they seem to be down to earth and close knit - even tho they are portrayed as something other at times on Dance Moms - whereas I find Jill/Kendall and Melissa/Maddie to be more of their true selves on Dance Moms - very haughty and better than everyone.

• Love 1

I don't look to see any of these kids to be visible anywhere except dance competitions within two years of the show ending.  There are thousands of parents pushing to get their kids a spot on shows and these kids will have had their time on TV. 

Ratings:  1.392 M viewers and a .5 rating.

• Love 1

Is Chloe still continuing with her dance training? I thought I'd read somewhere (most likely here) that she wasn't? 

I think she is, but I don't think it's that big of a priority (I could be wrong)... Chloe has a lot of fans on youtube and whatnot that are very enthusiastic about how much better she is now that she is not with ALDC... but honestly, I find the choreography at her new studio generally pretty bad, and the actual dancing that I've seen from Chloe is pretty average. I say this as someone who likes Chloe a lot!  She's obviously got a lot of support, and has something special - I just don't think she's the best dancer.  She also has, as far as I can tell, chosen to not compete solos at competitions - she only participates in duets/trios/groups etc.  

That being said, I don't think Chloe is much different from any of the other ALDC girls, in the sense that she was never an extraordinary dancer to begin with.  The same can be said for Nia, Kendall and Mackenzie.  If they left Dance Moms we would not really see/hear about them strictly in terms of dancing.  It's not like they'd be winning dance competitions or doing really well at conventions... Maddie I think, if she put her mind to it, could go on to win legitimate competitions.  Kalani and Brynn already have, and could continue to do so imo.  

• Love 1

That's where I'll disagree with you Sofia as I thought  Chloe was an exceptional dancer and enjoyed watching her more than Maddie, Per her wicki - she's taking classes 10-15 hr a week with Studio 19 - which is where Kendall originally came from I believe. Her choice to only do duets and trios is because she did not want the " Maddie vs Chloe" saga to continue after she left the ALDC - which to me is very well thought out and mature - she wants to move on.

I actually enjoy the Studio 19 numbers as they showcase more as far as dance and I think Chloe has improved tremendously - but every one has different opinions and I respect yours.

• Love 2

That's where I'll disagree with you Sofia as I thought  Chloe was an exceptional dancer and enjoyed watching her more than Maddie, Per her wicki - she's taking classes 10-15 hr a week with Studio 19 - which is where Kendall originally came from I believe. Her choice to only do duets and trios is because she did not want the " Maddie vs Chloe" saga to continue after she left the ALDC - which to me is very well thought out and mature - she wants to move on.

Did she give that as a reason?  I wasn't aware that this was the reason.  That's interesting, and I agree its very mature.  I don't know if it's quite necessary though - it doesn't seem like Studio 19 goes to that many national competitions - and we all know the competitions the DM girls attend are mostly fake -- and Maddie doesn't really compete in Pittsburgh very often.  Even if Chloe did do solos, the chances of them dancing against each other would be small, and she could always opt out of doing a solo at any given competition.  I hope there is more to her not doing solos then simply not wanting to be compared to Maddie.  Perhaps competitive dance just isn't as important to her at the moment, which is a sentiment I can respect.  

Did she give that as a reason?  I wasn't aware that this was the reason.  That's interesting, and I agree its very mature.  I don't know if it's quite necessary though - it doesn't seem like Studio 19 goes to that many national competitions - and we all know the competitions the DM girls attend are mostly fake -- and Maddie doesn't really compete in Pittsburgh very often.  Even if Chloe did do solos, the chances of them dancing against each other would be small, and she could always opt out of doing a solo at any given competition.  I hope there is more to her not doing solos then simply not wanting to be compared to Maddie.  Perhaps competitive dance just isn't as important to her at the moment, which is a sentiment I can respect.  

She did express something about not wanting to do solos last year - and she, Christi and Studio 19 could not have predicted the turn that Dance Moms took for the 2014-2015 season.  Are we sure she's still dancing at Studio 19 for the 2015-2016 competition season?  Of course she too was filming in the fall.

I agree.  I think she wants to go to college and Holly wants her to go to college.  I hope whatever set teaching she's getting, that she's also doing stuff online that will give her the opportunity to take AP classes.

I don't think any of the kids have spoken about college.  I think Nia is the "nerdy" one and since Holly is the former educator, some assume it would be Nia would seek higher education.  But it doesn't always happen that way.  They have all dropped out of school and do 3 hours of tutoring a day.   I would guess who ever hasn't "made it" by 17 or so will move on to college. 

That being said, I don't think Chloe is much different from any of the other ALDC girls, in the sense that she was never an extraordinary dancer to begin with.   

I thought Chloe showed a lot of potential as a pre-teen.   She didn't move on to quality training, so who knows what could have been.  Her creepy mother is still milking the ALDC days to keep her in the spotlight.

• Love 1

I hope Mackenzie, Nia and Jojo at least go to university, I feel they all definitely could do well there.

Chloe probably doesn't want to do solos because of the pressure, think of her enormous fan base, if she competed solos they'd all be watching, if she didn't win she might feel like a failure because then you can't blame it on the show.. the pressure might have made the idea of solos not sound very fun. I think she enjoyed the social aspect of being with a group.

• Love 1

Chloe might also not choose to do solos anymore because of the expense.  It's more expensive to do them than to do duets/trios/groups.  This includes choreography, private lessons, and competition fees.

I remember Chloe being a bookworm.  Chloe and Nia also strike me as going to college.  I hope they do.

• Love 1

Chloe might also not choose to do solos anymore because of the expense. It's more expensive to do them than to do duets/trios/groups. This includes choreography, private lessons, and competition fees.

I remember Chloe being a bookworm. Chloe and Nia also strike me as going to college. I hope they do.

Money isn't a problem. I'm sure she has tons. Chloe isn't all that great of a dancer. She's 14 now not 9. The competition is harder at 14

Teens are when kids begin to drop out of dancing including competitive dancing.  They begin to want a life outside the studio.  Being in a group dance and another dance or two maybe all the time she wants to commit to dancing.  Basically each dance she competes is another class or set of classes a week. 

I remember Chloe being a bookworm.  Chloe and Nia also strike me as going to college.  I hope they do.

In the first couple seasons when talking about school - both Nia and Chloe expressed two things, Broadway and an eventual professional career outside of dance that would require college.

It's interesting that the focus of the show, as far as dance goes has moved away from Broadway and more towards West Coast commercial dance.

• Love 1