Type keyword(s) to search

S22: Marla Maples: TRUMPing The Competition

• Start Topic

Tony won't win a trophy with her but if he makes it halfway with her, I'll consider it a huge step forward.  I don't know how she'll handle Latin, but based on her quickstep, she should well on standards.  

I was so impressed. She's got enough skills to grow and it seems from the package that she's a very cheerful and positive person. I bet Tony is thrilled to have a partner with some skills and a positive attitude. What a change.

• Love 3

Marla was a better dancer than I expected.  She's going to be around for a while.  

And she handled Erin Andrews' typically crappy interview very well.   I think she would be better at Erin's job than Erin is ... much better, actually.  Marla is much more poised and gracious and she has a great voice.  Erin might want to stop sucking up to her so ruthlessly (oh your hair, oh your voice) before the producers realize Marla would be a better fit for the show than she is. 

• Love 2

I did not expect to like Marla -- she's a year older than me, and I can't imagine marrying Donald Trump unless my life actually depended on it, and even then I'd have to give it some thought -- but I thought she was pleasant and a decent dancer. And I loved her dress. I like Tony a lot, so I am glad to see he's got someone who has a chance of lasting more than two weeks. I doubt she'll make it to the finals, but I think she will be around for a while.

• Love 1

I was surprisingly pleased with Ms. Maples when I watched last night.  I did love her voice.  And seeing Tony so happy and outspoken about it made my heart sing.  He deserves a good partner for once. 

• Love 3

I was impressed with her.  I can see her going far.  Who knows if the name Trump will enter into her votes but if left to skill, she will be around for awhile.  

• Love 1

I dunno, I think she's a decently capable dancer, but I think people might find her forgettable. Especially this season, where there's only a few that are horrible, being part of the forgettable middle of the pack is going to be the kiss of death. I still have a feeling she'll be a relatively early out. Maybe even before a worse dancer who "should have" gone home.

Before the season, I had her pegged as a week 2 elimination. While she exceeded my expectations with her Quickstep, I see her lasting no longer than week 4. Leaving right after Geraldo, Doug, Mischa.

Mixed feelings about her...

I'm "allergic" to anything Trump, but I adore Tony and glad he finally got a capable dancer out of "let's stick Tony with an older woman just because" clause that seems to be written in DWTS by-laws...

• Love 1

At least it seems that she's stopped doing that thing where she opens her mouth a little and sticks her tongue behind her front teeth. Super annoying. [/nitpick]

I wonder if that's a carry-over from her pageant-hosting days.  It used to be an old pageant trick to teach the contestants to press their tongue against their front teeth so they can hold a smile a long time without quivering.  I don't know if they still do that though.

And seeing Tony so happy and outspoken about it made my heart sing.  He deserves a good partner for once.

I thought Marla did really well. She seems to be having a good time and Tony seems happy. After having Kate Gosselin  and Wynonna Judd he paid his dues.

• Love 1

I was surprised to find I am liking her. I think she looks really good, and is more than holding her own. I like Tony too and hope they stick around

Not really a "star" but look at the others on this show LOL. Marla is better than most and not as annoying as many of them (Ginger LOL)

• Love 2