Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Ramona's Not-So-Epic Party

Artsda

Steve tries setting up D.J.'s handsome coworker with Kimmy, and Ramona's much-anticipated 13th birthday party doesn't turn out as planned for anyone.

It was cool seeing them use the backyard like that for the party.

They should have thought of hooking up the doctor with Steph.

I love Max. His thinking a Zombie apocalypse was here was funny. 

Edited by Artsda

Did Ramona's dress have to be a Mary Kate and Ashley dress?  It is really annoying when they break the fourth wall like that. Not funny.

I thought that reference was a little too over the top as well. It's one thing to mention that Michelle works in fashion, but name checking the twins didn't work for me.

• Love 6

This episode was probably my least favourite so far. It was ok, but nothing that I truly really liked.

Ok, Max was a highlight. I found myself being wary of the kid in the pilot to loving the kid now. 

The Gibbler family kind of annoys me a little bit? I like Ramona and I like Kimmy, but it's Fernando that bugs me a lot. 

Steve bugged me a lot too. It was a little funny, but mostly I cringed whenever he was on screen. He's a little bit of a stalker now, it seems. It's kind of lonely and sad, really. 

Jackson, you have a crush on the wrong girl. Lola always irked me, and this episode is no different. She seems like a very mean girl hiding under a fake exterior. Run, boy, run. Just not to Ramona, please. I appreciated that he didn't go gaga over Ramona this episode. 

• Love 1

Did Ramona's dress have to be a Mary Kate and Ashley dress? It is really annoying when they break the fourth wall like that. Not funny.

The good-thing-they-gave-up-acting throw-in added to the passive aggressiveness. The Olsens have moved on. The script writers should, too.

Edited by RealityCowgirl
  • Love 2

Did Ramona's dress have to be a Mary Kate and Ashley dress? It is really annoying when they break the fourth wall like that. Not funny.

I actually liked that. They can do that all they want and it won't bother me. I understand why they didn't but I do think one of the Olsens could've recorded a phone call or something. Literally 5 minutes of time would've made the day or whatever, of a lot of people. It's a little weird Michelle is never mentioned and mentioning the Olsens is sort of a way to do that. I do think that each mention or dig, if you take it that way, definitely lowers the odds that any Olsen will ever appear at a later date.

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 7

One of the Olsens is extremely ill, unless I'm mistaken. The other one considered her childhood robbed by the show. They shouldn't be ragging on a sick girl, really. And the one who despised her time there they should back off too. Michelle was an awful character anyway. Only Joey was more annoying.

• Love 2

One of the Olsens is extremely ill, unless I'm mistaken. The other one considered her childhood robbed by the show. They shouldn't be ragging on a sick girl, really. And the one who despised her time there they should back off too. Michelle was an awful character anyway. Only Joey was more annoying.

I think Mary Kate had an eating disorder but it's been a decade or so since she was treated for it and the other is engaged or maybe it was Ashley who had the eating disorder and MK who's engaged. Both seem to be healthy now and busy with their fashion business.

Mary Kate just got married. She had an eating disorder when she was 18. There are sources that say Ashley has Lymes Disease but I don't think it's ever been confirmed as true? They run at least 2 successful high end fashion lines and want to focus on that. Ashley quit acting first. Mary Kate attempted to act in things without Ashley, did a few roles (poorly...) and then also quit acting.

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 1

Ashley quit acting first. Mary Kate attempted to act in things without Ashley, did a few roles (poorly...) and then also quit acting.

I thought people actually kind of liked her in Weeds (in 2007). I mean looking strung out was a natural for her I guess. 

Her latest credit was 2011, by the way. Not really THAT long ago.

Okay, I know it's a sitcom and all, but it was really, REALLY bugging me that when Ramona's party started falling apart that her mom, THE PARTY PLANNER, went AWOL. I mean, isn't that when she should be kicking it into high gear and figuring out how to salvage the party? I guess I haven't seen enough to know whether Kimmy is supposed to be halfway decent at her job (though, based on this event alone, I certainly wouldn't hire her).

• Love 2

Wait, he ...drives in circles for a living? IS FERNANDO A RACECAR DRIVER? If so, this show had darned well better have Kimmy watching Downton Abbey and trying to act like Lady Mary leading Henry Talbot around by his nose, or they have missed the best cultural reference joke. I can't stand Kimmy, but I'd definitely watch her try to do a Mary Crawley impression.

• Love 1
On 3/2/2016 at 9:14 PM, Josiah Bounderby said:

I'll admit it. Kimmy has always been my favorite Full House character.

They really did update her character the most realistically. Reboot continuations sometime have trouble with aging up the characters but still having them seem like the same person, but this is Kimmy all the way.